Corsair Community

On 8/2/2023 at 8:36 AM, SpyVision said:

Optical drives in PC systems are long gone!
If people still use them, I’d suggest an external disc drive which you can mount or stick anywhere on your PC desk (I have done this, probably use it like 1 or 2 times a year.)

Speak for yourself. Some of us still need CD/DVD/Blu support on our PCs. The whole point of having a super tower for me was that I could put *everything* inside the case, no need for external anything. I'd much prefer not having to dig around and find an external drive when I need it. And honestly, I'm starting to run out of USB ports. I didn't think it'd happen but so many USB devices these days.

On 8/13/2023 at 7:02 PM, JuimpingJack said:

One of the coolest effects and most jaw dropping in iCUE Link is time warp, it is spectacular.  But I am running two Stream Decks  along in this rig  and apparently time warp is a disabled feature with a tip/note saying it is controlled by a 3rd party software or game (ok, but it doesn't tell me what that software is... by trial and error I figured out it was the Stream Deck software).  How can this be?

Does anyone know of a solution?  If not then this should be a suggested fix.

Regards,

Jack

FYI, I found the solution ... You can block 3rd party software in iCue, but doing so with Stream Deck software loses the ability to program keys via Stream Deck... which is OK, you can still do it via iCue.  Strange feature.

iCUE Feature Request:

Can we please have the oppurtunity to use other Corsair/Elgato product software within iCUE such has WAVE:LINK and Stream Deck straight from iCUE rather than standalone products? I think it would help bridge a gap and allow for seemless integration.

I would add one to the request list.  In addition to renaming sensors, allow the designation of units on the fan sensors (Stream Deck plugin for iCUE recently released evidently allows this for Stream Deck for example), I would even go so far as to allow a simple linear correction formula (slope and intercept) to "calibrate" the rotation number.  Some external devices/sensors provide a tach output to a fan header and reports RPM proportional to their measurement, it would be nice to take that input from a commander pro or xt and convert the RPM reading into the correct value (for example, the Koolance flow meter/frequency multiplier reports RPM as mL/min, it would be nice to  output that to the user as L/min or Gal/Min etc.).  

Also, on a hardware side, a Link device that can be connected into the Link ecosystem that can receive or control a standard 3 pin or 4 pin PWM fan would be beneficial since you could then send these sensor output to those 3 pin headers. 

1. option to link the brightness control knob setting on the k100 and other keyboards to control all lighting on all devices

2. set the device brightness control on all devices to allow any interger between 0-100. i have no clue why certain devices only have stops of0/50/100

3. allow control knob or hot keys to control effects. its weird that the k100 without icue can control speed of effects, direction, and sometimes even mode but once you connect to icue you lose that ability

• Like 2

One big suggestion. Make rollback option in icue. So if there is a faulty version , you can easily go back on previous version. Because latest update 5.5 is literally horrible optimisation wise. HS80 receiver turns on or off randomly ( nothing like that happened before on any of icue) . Sabre Pro Wireless receiver also got some bug with disconnections. Icue starts now very fast on start up, in result it often crashes in 5.5 . 

Since there's no way to go back to 5.4 or earlier versions with all online/cloud install , the only solution right now is to install 4th version of icue. Sadly. 

Edited by Trootie
  • Like 3

Please make it possible for each hardware to have it's own profile.

I have two of your k70 Keyboards

And I would like to have one as a macro/shortcut  board.

While the other one is my main keyboard.

But as it is right now you cant do that.

Which is sad, cause your keyboards are some of the most beautiful looking mainstream boards out there.
Both when it comes to quality and looks.

You can bind some things as "Hardware key assignments" and save it on the board memory.
But then macros and other stuff gets limited.

Also have other products from corsair.
And I don't want them all to be locked by the same lightning and other stuff in profiles.

So please make it possible to use different profiles with the same or different hardware.

Got some cooler master boards, and there you can do that.

Thanks!

20 hours ago, Annoyed_Siphex said:

Please make it possible for each hardware to have it's own profile.

I have two of your k70 Keyboards

And I would like to have one as a macro/shortcut  board.

While the other one is my main keyboard.

But as it is right now you cant do that.

Which is sad, cause your keyboards are some of the most beautiful looking mainstream boards out there.
Both when it comes to quality and looks.

You can bind some things as "Hardware key assignments" and save it on the board memory.
But then macros and other stuff gets limited.

Also have other products from corsair.
And I don't want them all to be locked by the same lightning and other stuff in profiles.

So please make it possible to use different profiles with the same or different hardware.

Got some cooler master boards, and there you can do that.

Thanks!

What? Just bind different macros.

1 hour ago, plshelpmec0rsair said:

What? Just bind different macros.

So lets say I have two k70s keyboards

And I wanna have, lets say a macro on "E"

And then on my other board I want "E" to be "E"

Or I wanna disable "A" "S" "D" "F" "G" on one of them and not the other.

And then I want one board to have green lightning and the other red lightning at the same time.

Can I do that without having to have two different profiles and switch between them?

And then I wanna use both boards at the same time without having to switch profiles.

How can I do this?
Without doing "Hardware Key assignments" Cause macros are limited in that mode.
If its possible, I'm missing the knowledge on how to do it.

Cause with my Cooler Master boards I can, cause they are added to the software as two different units, that has its own profiles and settings.

Edited by Annoyed_Siphex

On 8/27/2023 at 8:19 PM, Annoyed_Siphex said:

So lets say I have two k70s keyboards

And I wanna have, lets say a macro on "E"

And then on my other board I want "E" to be "E"

Or I wanna disable "A" "S" "D" "F" "G" on one of them and not the other.

And then I want one board to have green lightning and the other red lightning at the same time.

Can I do that without having to have two different profiles and switch between them?

And then I wanna use both boards at the same time without having to switch profiles.

How can I do this?
Without doing "Hardware Key assignments" Cause macros are limited in that mode.
If its possible, I'm missing the knowledge on how to do it.

Cause with my Cooler Master boards I can, cause they are added to the software as two different units, that has its own profiles and settings.

The two different keyboards should appear in iCue separately. If it is not, then there's your problem. I've used two different mouses in this manner without issue.

I know this will be completely ignored, but still:

I have some extremely obvious features I wish to see in iCUE, specifically keyboard RGB stuff:

• Ability to have a layer/effect be active only when NUMPAD or CAPSLOCK or SCROLL LOCK are on
  • Watercolor effect (and others): Allow background color to be transparent, so layers on the bottom can shine through
  • All effects: Brightness override per layer, or at least for "Random Colors" options, just like Static Color already has
  • Custom Colors UI has the "remove the color" button too large and too close to the color itself, its too easy to accidentally remove the saved color when trying to select one. Could be right click to remove
  • What the hell is "Lighting Link"? There should be an explainer in the "Lighting Type" window.
  • "Corsair Audio Visualizer" effect does nothing.
  • Random colors for "CUSTOM" effects? Such as ripple

Edited by ThrowAwayGiveMeOAuth

8 minutes ago, ThrowAwayGiveMeOAuth said:

I know this will be completely ignored, but still:

I have some extremely obvious features I wish to see in iCUE, specifically keyboard RGB stuff:

• Ability to have a layer/effect be active only when NUMPAD or CAPSLOCK or SCROLL LOCK are on
  • Watercolor effect (and others): Allow background color to be transparent, so layers on the bottom can shine through
  • All effects: Brightness override per layer, or at least for "Random Colors" options, just like Static Color already has
  • Custom Colors UI has the "remove the color" button too large and too close to the color itself, its too easy to accidentally remove the saved color when trying to select one. Could be right click to remove
  • What the hell is "Lighting Link"? There should be an explainer in the "Lighting Type" window.
  • "Corsair Audio Visualizer" effect does nothing.
  • Random colors for "CUSTOM" effects? Such as ripple

Also I want slower speeds on effects than what is possible ( I cant edit my original post anymore for some reason)

I want to use a gradient on the "Visor" effect. Custom width for the visor effect, etc.

Edited by ThrowAwayGiveMeOAuth

On 8/31/2023 at 6:37 AM, plshelpmec0rsair said:

The two different keyboards should appear in iCue separately. If it is not, then there's your problem. I've used two different mouses in this manner without issue.

They do appear separately.
But they are still locked by the same "profile"

I want to have Profile 1 on keyboard 1
and Profile 2 on keyboard 2, simultaneous.

Right now I can only have Keyboard 1 and keyboard 2 under Profile 1 or Profile 2, And then I have to switch between the profiles.

I can't have both keyboard on separate profile's simultaneous.

Maybe I'm just being stupid and missing how easy it is to do.

But I added my old k95 also with the k70's and it was also locked under the same profile.

Even if they are all 3 added separately in the software. 

My request involves Windows scaling/resolution and iCUE. I use an LG C9 65" television as my computer monitor. The recommended scaling by Windows is 300%, and it looks great from the couch. Unfortunately, iCUE is not optimized for this scale/resolution combination. I would think these display settings may be common for HTPC gamers, and it would be nice to see iCUE play friendly at this scale.

image.thumb.png.288963f0bef4c00fd98e7e748cbdfea2.png

• Like 1

I just adopted the iCUE Link system: 360mm AIO and 13 QX fans. The first thing that stuck out upon first boot is how bright the QX fans are in comparison to the AIO LEDs. There is only one brightness slider that controls every single light on the System Hub. There is no per-device brightness control. I'm personally fine with that, but only if the brightness on the AIO LEDs is tuned properly. Either AIO brightness needs to come up to match the fans, or the QX brightness needs to come down to match the AIO. 

It would be nice to design the lights for one fan, right click >  "copy fan design", and then easily apply to all the other fans in your system. I would prefer to deal with the layers once and then broadly apply it; not having to deal with every single fan.

Edited by jdrednation

iCue is wonderful in many ways but here are two things I and just about everyone else would like to see:

- HWinfo has support for Commander Pro and and Commander Core XT Sensor monitoring, but as soon as it's turned on, iCue does not play nicely with it and sensors start going wonky. Please make iCue play nice with other monitoring software. HWinfo has repeatedly said the ball is in Corsair's court and I believe it because HWinfo and other monitoring software plays nice together.  Everyone except iCue.  You got rid of OSD after iCue 3. Fine, but fixing this problem will allow people to use HWinfo and RTSS for showing sensor values (like coolant temp) in their OSD.

- Add support for controlling non-corsair lighting in iCue. Probably the easiest way would be to start shipping products with industry standard plugs so that we can plug non-corsair lighting into corsair lighting controllers.  I know you probably won't do this because you're trying to pull an Apple and lock people into your eco-system. It might work, but there are people like me who will not buy corsair fans because they don't want to get locked in.  If you want me to buy Corsair, then make the best product. You already do in many areas.

Here's another one: Add support for hall effect flow sensors.  I'm running an alphacool one and it connects to the fan header on my Commander Pro.  The commander pro just reads it like a fan in RPM, but if you add the option to configure it as a flow sensor, most sensor manufacturers produce conversion charts. (https://download.alphacool.com/legacy/ENG_1019925_ Alphacool_ES_flow_and_temperature_indicator_HighFlow_with_RPM-signal_Datasheet.pdf

You can just do the conversion in iCue or allow users to enter their own conversion data. Then users get flow data in something they can understand.

Por que en las opciones de: Capas de iluminación / Tipo de iluminación / Enlace de iluminación - allí no ay un enlace para Marquesina ! No creo que sea muy difícil programar ese enlace para que funcione en todo el sistema. Y si pueden a la configuración de Marquesina darle la opción de ponerte 2 colores y no solo 1 , por ejemplo el amarillo y el rojo para imitar las brazas del carbón ardiendo !

Id like to install this from 'winget install' in powershell but they denied version 5 because it requires user interaction in the installer. Is it possible to change that or make a seperate version with no user interaction so I can write a script that will install this? The prior versions of iCue are on the repository list. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2023 at 4:41 PM, objecttothis said:

iCue is wonderful in many ways but here are two things I and just about everyone else would like to see:

- HWinfo has support for Commander Pro and and Commander Core XT Sensor monitoring, but as soon as it's turned on, iCue does not play nicely with it and sensors start going wonky. Please make iCue play nice with other monitoring software. HWinfo has repeatedly said the ball is in Corsair's court and I believe it because HWinfo and other monitoring software plays nice together.  Everyone except iCue.  You got rid of OSD after iCue 3. Fine, but fixing this problem will allow people to use HWinfo and RTSS for showing sensor values (like coolant temp) in their OSD.

- Add support for controlling non-corsair lighting in iCue. Probably the easiest way would be to start shipping products with industry standard plugs so that we can plug non-corsair lighting into corsair lighting controllers.  I know you probably won't do this because you're trying to pull an Apple and lock people into your eco-system. It might work, but there are people like me who will not buy corsair fans because they don't want to get locked in.  If you want me to buy Corsair, then make the best product. You already do in many areas.

Amongst my other suggestions:

1) They should bring back the OSD;

2) HWinfo / Aida64 info support would be very nice. I have am now using the thermal sensors on my comander pro (because Icue doesn't properly read the thermister sensor on my Asus motherboard), and it would be really great to see the thermal sensors and fan speed using the Rainmeter / HWInfo panel I am running. Icue dashboard is not a replacement to the alternative small panels that exist (i.e. Rainmeter, Aida64 sensor panel, etc.).