Corsair Community

On 8/1/2023 at 12:34 AM, Mikesnow said:

Add rivaTuner to Icue for additional sensors readings on GPU

Add Aida64, HWinfo, CPUID HWmonitor functionality to iCue for greater system sensor readings in Icue

Add sensor panel and customization to Icue for users to create custom sensor panels

Create new Sensor Panel LCD iCue Link products.

Add Link Sensor panels to new cases as additional features

Create a case that has room for an Optical Drive that ejects out the side of the case. The side the glass is on where you can see your MB and Graphics cards. Make the case to be mirrorable or ambidextrous so this could be configured if the case is to your left or your right. This space could be for an optional smaller LCD screen for users not wanting Optical drive.

Rather than have Corsair try to come up with a good sensor panel (which is a lot of work and will be inferior to what exists), perhaps the solution is providing/permitting Aida64, HWInfo and other similar programs the ability to read the Icue / Commander Pro sensors so you can use those programs more robust sensor panels and features while still being able to run ICue.  Seems like a win win.

And yes I am not replying to the various HWInfo / Aida64 comments in this thread. I'm not sure how effective it is but there are some of those that have full corsair systems and would really appreciate Corsair programmers taking the little bit of extra effort to make Icue allow the sensors to be read without conflicting.

• Like 1

I'd like to see a version of iCue that monitors temp and fans sensors only. Nothing more, nothing less.

It would run 1-2 process only, use less than 1% of CPU and completely ignore RGB.

I can set up fan curves with the software and other than monitor speeds and temps it would do nothing else.

It would support Corsair coolers, power supplies and commander Pro's. Nothing else.

Oh, it would be less than 50MB in size.

Surely such a "compact" program would be possible?

I'm sure you used to have such a program ;)

I'd like to have an option be able to have the Elite LCD screen able to change what's displayed based on Temperature, as can be done for the fan LEDs.

For instance, I have a gif of a hamster on a treadmill I run at normal temps, but if the temp goes above a certain level change to a gif of a blazing sun.

On 9/26/2023 at 6:05 PM, Deamaed said:

Rather than have Corsair try to come up with a good sensor panel (which is a lot of work and will be inferior to what exists), perhaps the solution is providing/permitting Aida64, HWInfo and other similar programs the ability to read the Icue / Commander Pro sensors so you can use those programs more robust sensor panels and features while still being able to run ICue.  Seems like a win win.

And yes I am not replying to the various HWInfo / Aida64 comments in this thread. I'm not sure how effective it is but there are some of those that have full corsair systems and would really appreciate Corsair programmers taking the little bit of extra effort to make Icue allow the sensors to be read without conflicting.

I agree that would be nice, however I think Corsair would want licensing fees.  That would require us to pay more for Adia. I would be totally fine only using Icue if it could work more like adia for sensors and had the ability to display custom sensor panels. Icue is pretty decent software for what it is, but your right it would take them quite some time to get it as good as aida already is. With that said I am a fan of competition and it would be nice to see more options than just aida.

3 minutes ago, Mikesnow said:

I agree that would be nice, however I think Corsair would want licensing fees.  That would require us to pay more for Adia. I would be totally fine only using Icue if it could work more like adia for sensors and had the ability to display custom sensor panels. Icue is pretty decent software for what it is, but your right it would take them quite some time to get it as good as aida already is. With that said I am a fan of competition and it would be nice to see more options than just aida.

There would be no licensing fee.  Aida64 and HWInfo are already able to read the sensors of the commander pro now. The issue is if you open up Icue to get RGB and other Icue features you need, it breaks things.

My understanding is this is entirely due to the way Corsair has coded Icue in terms of collisions with the sensors and do not use the usual method others do.  You can run HWinfo, Aida64 and other programs together monitoring other devices and they don't crash or cause issues.

So while yes, there may a cost to have Corsair program Icue to behave "normally" with other hardware monitoring, there is no need for a license fee.  There is nothing to license.  If you are suggesting there should be a licensing fee payable by Icue users, generally, to be able to access Commander Pro sensors outside of icue, that becomes ridiculous given people have access now.

• 2 weeks later...

I love using iCUE, but I would suggest that before adding new features it should be verfied that all exsiting features are still entact in order to prevent the GPU temp nightmare that has been v5.5-5.7.

TEMPORARY SOLUTION: If you dont value your current profiles, just roll back to iCUE v4.33 temporarily as it has GPU temps still.

SUGGESTION: Built in rollbacks that are continously avaliable to users, so that users can rollback one update at a time to avoid any bugs with current versions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just want to be able to group fans when using the iCue Link system.  having to change nearly every fan individually for lights and profiles not as fun.

I would love to be able to group my intake fans together and change them in one swoop, along with my radiator fans... or maybe my two groups of radiator fans.

Please, please, please, can we have persistent window resizing, ideally alongside the ability to pin dashboard widgets?

Having the ability to customise the dashboard view and arrange it to taste is great. But it sucks when you restart and have to do it allll over again. And given the proliferation of high resolution/ultrawide/etc monitors, why not allow the window to maintain its size and position between sessions?

In addition, increased granularity on the dashboard widget minima/maxima graphs would make this function so much more useful (and eliminate a lot of logging and/or XTU) use in non-critical situations. Showing the min/max vCPU (etc) as rounded integer values (for example) makes them next to useless - they might as well not be there in their current form:

image.png.defd863b710e5d2c3d269ce0bd6304b1.png

Those min/max indications tell me literally nothing. Displaying them as two digits past the decimal point, however... 🙂

Also,  the storage widget is a major waste of dashboard real estate:

image.png.ab1b3a19edcd95bfd2c950884ecb4d9b.png

Now, if it were possible to drag all of those individual drive widgets into a single one called 'Storage', and have them not waste all that blank space to the right of the graph. Hell, allowing the graph to expand to full width (like the vCPU pic above) would be more useful than having the space doing nothing.

Ohhh another one:

Please can we have an easy way (home screen button/top bar option/Stream Deck button/etc) of enabling and disabling Philips Hue lighting playback please? Home screen/Hue/Device Settings is a bit long-winded for a switch that gets used quite often.

Suggestion 0 - Have a direct "submit feedback/bug" link in software:

• When my mouse is connected through a USB KV switch, iCue prompts to update the firmware (that is already there) every time it's launched. Does not when connected directly.
  • It insists on updating/installing the DDR5 module. My system has/only supports DDR4 - IDK if you always install it or it's detecting mine weirdly or what. (It even happens to be Corsair)
  • Would you mind adding "Corsair" to the name? Yeah, it's kinda annoying branding, I can never remember "iCue" when I want to launch it. 
  • iCue is already kind of a "do everything" app, so if you're going to do that, please work the storage division and get the SSD toolbox updated when you pull it in.

Can we please get an option to disable onboard macro recording for keyboards like the K70 Pro Mini? That would be fantastic to have. I have no desire to record onboard macros.

Edited a screenshot to give an idea of what I'm suggesting.

disablemacros.thumb.png.5cc8101db1bdf8ea329d6ecca4029527.png

Edited by stuartsoft

Feature Request,

Please make it possible to have multiple "corsair g-keys" profiles in stream deck and a command option to switcxh them like the other profiles. 

I use the corsair g-keys in combination with my streamdeck profiles. Currently it is possible to change the corsair K100 proile but the G-keys remain  the same. So when I switch to a different application setup the g-keys dont switch with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just built a new system using the all new iCUE Link Hub ecosystem, and it is very cool. 

A few suggestions based on the issues I've identified so far. I'm sure some have already been mentioned, but you get to see them again :). 

Multiple Link Hubs:

Due to some ongoing overcurrent alarm issues, I was not able to use a single hub. I know this is being worked on, but for now this caused a few issues I believe can be fixed by the software team.

My physical set-up is as follows:

Hub 1 Port 1: DX5 w/ LCD screen
Hub 1 Port 2: 3 - QX140 fans
Hub 2 Port 1: 3 - QX140 fans, XG7 GPU block via Link Hub adapter cable
Hub 2 Port 2: 3 - QX140 fans, 1 - QX120 fan

Issue 1:
When setting up fans for Hydro X profile (which badly needs review), only the 3 fans on the same hub are included. 
Possible Solution: The fans should be global, seen by devices regardless of the Link Hub they are plugged in to.

Issue 2:
Alarms are only available for sensors on the same hub.
Possible Solution: Similar to issue 1, sensors should be global, not just the sensors attached to that hub.

Issue 3:
Effects run simultaneously on hub devices "per slot", as setup in the Link System Hub's Lighting Setup screen. Moving the devices around on the Lighting Setup screen will change which devices mirror each other.
e.g.  Visor effect is supposed to run through each device, one at a time, and in order. But devices on each hub will mirror each other simultaneously instead. This is true for all Linked Lighting effects but is most visible in effects light Visor or Type Lighting.
e.g. Device 1 on Hub1 will display the same effect as Device 1 on Hub 2. 
(This isn't exactly right, I've tried changing the device order, but I'm not sure what the logic is as to which ones get mirrored. It might be the color marker that determines which ones are mirrored or some other random thing.)
Possible Solution: Also, like issue 1, the fans/devices should be global, and given unique identifiers.

Issue 4:
Because of the lack of unique names, identifying the correct component in the Mural setup screen can be difficult, or at least a minor annoyance. I also have a Lighting Node Pro and the light strips still get duplicate names, just as they did in my last setup several years ago. This issue has carried over to the new iCUE Link ecosystem; when you have multiple hubs, like components end up with duplicate names.
Possible Solution: Same as above, make the devices global and assign unique identifiers. Also, let us rename the devices and enforce uniqueness, same as we can already do with sensors and fan/pump curves. It would be great if we could rename fans/light strips/etc. based on their location in the case, or if I wanted to name them after the players on my favorite sports team, or just Bob1 Bob2 Bob3, whatever.

Fan Setup

I know this has been requested many times over the past few years, but fan orientation is still a missing feature.

The lighting setup screen, and the mural setup screen assume the fans are facing toward the user, in a push/exhaust configuration. This is obviously not the only way fans are installed. The side fans in 5000 and 7000 series cases are commonly installed with the back of the fan facing the user, in a pull/intake configuration, especially in custom water cooling setups. Nobody wants to hide those fancy, expensive fans behind a radiator.

While it's possible toget either the vertical or horizontal setup correct for effects or murals, you can never get both if there is no mirror/flip/orientation option; lights on the fan/device will always be backwards in some way. Then when you change the effect it will be off for something else.

Solution: Provide a mirror/flip/orientation option. Please, please, please. Please?

Custom ARGB Light Strips

Everyone knows your light strips use the same format as every other major vendor, you just don't use the same connector. Adapters to use non-Corsair light strips are available at every major retailer and webstore.

Please let us officially setup non-corsair 5V ARGB light strips that adhere to the same standard, ASUS, MSI, ASROCK, GigaByte, and just about every other 5V ARGB light strip available.

It seems to me, all you need to do is let the user input how many lights/pixels are on each strip, and bam, it would work.

I know it's not that hard to hack it by either choosing the RGB LED Strip with 10 lights per strip, or the LS100's with various light counts per length. We can get pretty close that way. But really, if you just let the end user choose the number of lights per strip it would make the iCUE ecosystem even more enticing to people.

You could cap it at whatever power level you need; per channel it's currently 60 for RGB LED Strip and138 for LS100, and I know the Lighting Node Pro will do 138 per channel if you ask it to. (not sure how long it would last, though)

Solution: Expose the hard-coded light count as a user defined variable.

Thank you for continuing to improve iCUE and the ecosystems involved. I hope you will consider these suggestions.

• Like 2

Also, please give the Nexus some love. That thing is great and it really deserves some attention.

One of the things I like to do is see what other people have created in iCUE and try them out on my own PC. Unfortunately, there still does not seem to be a way to merge profile information. Sure, I can download a profile and import all those awesome lighting effects somebody worked really hard on, but then I have to recreate a pump curve, two fan curves, keyboard and mouse assignments, Nexus profiles, and so on. It's quite a lot of work. Conversely, some of those lighting effect creations are pretty awesome, and could similarly take a very long time to replicate.

But wait, import and export functions already exist and will let us choose what to import/export. Would it be possible to include a merge function. If the same functions/curve names/etc exist, just ask which profile wins.

This could turn an hour or many hours of work into something that takes a minute or two. Even if we still need to tweak a few things, it would save a tremendous amount of time and make iCUE even more awesome.

I really want to have a night / day profile schedule with the ability to choose times that it changes.  This would be helpful to all that need/want to leave pc on at night.  

I end up leaving any profiles in Icue very dim just so I can tolerate it at night and not have to sit and manually switch it or close icue and run off hardware lighting.  Hardware lighting does not work on all your products like an mm700.  

Would love to see this implemented! 

Could we get alignment and snap to grid options added into the mural section? A user scalable grid would also be awesome for those that have larger resolutions. I'd love to set up my mural as how my PC looks in person but, trying to get everything to line up is a challenge.

Add the ability to customize the images used for the Motherboard and GPU plugins. I would like the image in iCUE to reflect my actual hardware rather than something I do not have installed in my PC.

Also, improvements on idle CPU utilization would be nice. iCUE sometimes uses 10-15% of my CPU while its idle.

• 2 weeks later...

I only request for the software to work as it should with AMD cards so that I can control what was promised when I bought  my H170i Elite LCD Display. No temperature control is present using my Asus Radeon RX Vega 64 ROG STRIX, I've removed the GPU using DDU and nothing; reinstalled the iCUE software and nothing, temperature appears to be 0.0ºC and the sensor is non present on the both the screen setup (which I used to control visually the GPU temp) and also can't control the cooling presets of some fans that I usually did depending on the GPU demand.
For when a definite fix to this? It used to work, but not since almost 6 months or so.
Can't fathom how hard it is to read sensors values that openhardwaremonitor can do with extreme ease and never failed to do so. Is it that hard to retrieve proper data from the system? Even Windows 11 can showcase it on Task Manager!
How many human resources does Corsair has on the software development team?
Needless to say, that I'm quite frustrated with the product and due to in not working properly as it should DUE TO SOFTWARE ISSUES I'm considering returning it.

Stock/ new product request.

I am looking for another pc case. I use the military style C70 mid tower case that was once produced by corsair. I am sure many gamers would love to have another military case themed option, if not the same then in the spirit of. I just wanted to submit this idea.

Maybe some creative promotional material for simulator fans or RTS or something would appreciate a nice similar product.