Corsair Community

Hello, I would like to suggest 2 features to be added to Icue. The First Suggestion (1) is the ability to set a threshold on the function key, in which it is held for less then, it will be toggled on, and then turn off once a key is pressed which would output as fn + [the pressed key], but if it is held for more then, it will just act like a normal key. And suggestion (2) is the ability to activate / deactivate rgb layers based on whether or not the function key is active. Kind of like the "start on button pressed" setting for the solid lighting type, except instead it toggles on/off multiable RGB layers and is solly based on whether or not the function key is pressed. the first features would make macros much easier to use because it would allow you to only tap the function key before pressing the action key, allowing you to use macros like [FN + ESC] with only one hand (depending where the function key it). And suggestion 2 would make it possible to not only tell whether or not FUNCTION is active, but would also allow you to see what keys have function abilities with out needed to permanently change there lighting.  Thank you for reading this and I hope you take my 2 suggestions into consideration.  - Sincerely me.

I have a new feature request.

It would be nice if there was an option to have the mouse battery taskbar icon show up as a separate option in the Windows settings. I prefer to keep my taskbar icons as small as they can be, and the mouse battery icon is not separate from the iCUE icon in the Windows settings to permanently show/hide taskbar icons. Currently, the only two options are to have both iCUE and the battery indicator visible, or have neither of them visible. I would like the option to have the battery icon show up as a separate option, so they could be independently toggled.

Here's the only Corsair related taskbar icon setting I see with the latest version of iCUE.

image.png.e688a8ba30bfce3799bfc02090da49b3.png

Here's what the taskbar icons look like. The mouse batter indicator only shows up when the iCUE option is enabled. You cannot have the battery indicator always visible if iCUE is hidden.

image.png.47e68cef48314b11c1467027d9598fac.png

It would be nice to have the option to hide the iCUE menu option behind the "Show hidden icons" button (pictured), while still seeing the battery setting without having to open the hidden icons menu.

image.png.22525d48259a8ae29a87cbad64d58de6.png

Here's what the proposed setting would look like in Windows, after iCUE was updated to separate the iCUE icon from the battery indicator.

image.png.f00de9fa8631a08bb6cc0d106b4704d8.png

Here's what the taskbar icons would look like with those settings. iCue would be available behind the hidden menu, while the battery would be visible without any clicks.

image.png.3b07382bd257322a7be6991339e7acf6.png

There are some alternative features that would accomplish the same thing, like an option in iCUE to change the iCUE icon to be a battery indicator. But I've described the problem well enough that the developers should be able to find a solution that accomplishes the same thing.

image.png

Could we get the ability to turn off graphing for Sensors on the ICUE main page?  This can be done per Widget group on the Dashboard page but it'd be nice to do the same for sensors on the main ICUE page.

@Corsair Can I do one of those "Will post until devs update" comment chains without getting banned? Maybe just once a week.

On 1/8/2023 at 5:43 PM, plshelpmec0rsair said:

Really really simple request. I hope it is simple to implement.

• I want the option for profile switching to have variable icons.

I have several profile groups for different applications and games I regularly use. I have in the past just tried to use a color indicator on the RGB keyboard, but it would be SO SO SO AWESOME AND SIMPLE (for me) if I had the option to display the profile icon that is currently enabled. That way I can have a Firefox icon, an Outlook icon, a StarCraft Icon, etc... and I know exactly which profile is enabled right on my keyboard.

• I have multiple profile categories too: productivity, utility, gaming, etc... as it stand I have multiple profile switching buttons for each category. Each button then loops through the list. If I could instead have the profile_switching_from_selected_group/folder functionality and profile_group/folder_switching button then THAT WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED.

ONE LAST THING: I already have profile folders/groups listed in the drop down. Why can I not just select the entire profile group/folder and just specify that instead of having to individually drag-and-drop each profile from a given profile group/folder.

IT'S THE QOL DETAILS THAT MAKE OR BREAK THE NEXUS!

LOVE YOUR DEVS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Profile switching in general could use a revamp/improvement.

The iCue Nexus is really nice and needs some love. I know it may not be the hottest seller, but people can tell there hasn't been a significant amount of effort put in to improve it. It's a really great concept. I really wish I could see CPU% / RAM% / other system info and not just load% and temperatures. It's great that it has as much as it does!

The mural update is nice, but needs the ability to issue color commands to individual devices so that I can properly organize them on the mural for maximum A E S T H E T I C. Also the muted/pastel rainbow is nice, but I wish there were more varieties.

12 hours ago, plshelpmec0rsair said:

You can just remove them??

I want the sensors (I did add them on purpose) but would rather they just show a number and not the graph.

The ability to save EQ Presets to copy into other profiles would be nice and/or the ability to unlink certain hardware from profile switches (so I can have my headset stay on one profile with my custom EQ presets while I can change the lighting profiles on my mouse and keyboard.

Not sure why you can't do it as you can save lighting and key assignments to use in other profiles.

It's extremely annoying that each time you make a new profile for keyboard lighting you have to remake your already existing EQ or leave it and have the audio change drastically when swapping between profile.

• An undo button
  • Resize the little layers windows and connecting setting windows
  • Some sort of lock feature for the lighting zones for when your making a one off zone that you don't plan to save so you don't accidently get rid of your selection
  • Copy lighting/assignments into the Hardware lighting/assignments 
  • copy EQ settings for other profiles
  • unlink certain hardware from profile changes. example - unlink mouse  so I can use the same profile without having to copy it settings into every other new profile I make.
  • Be able to select buttons for things like ripples to emanate from
  • have one macro that controls a lighting feature with a secondary assignment of activating another macro that also has a lighting feature while actually playing that feature as well... not just clicking the button the macro is set to

Hi guys new here, Ive been using Icue for a long long time for keyboards, but not for headphones... I Recently acquired the HS80's two things that bother me Battery life (nothing corsair can do about it anyway) but the Voice Prompt is SO freaking loud. In the headphone device settings next to the toggle to enable the voice prompt there should be a Voice Volume slider. Its a easy fix if the Devs can read this thread. 

I sometimes play wired and every that many minutes there that jump scare repeating "charge complete". 

There really should be more preferences available to users to fine tune to their likings. It would be awesome if its implemented in a soon-to-be update

thanks for reading

Feature Request.

The ability to reverse a device in murals layout. I'm not sure if this is already a feature but I think it could bring customization options to another level. Currently I am using the Audio Lighting mural to turn my case fans into an EQ visualizer while listening to music. I have 3 LL140s on the front of the case, 2 LL120s on the top and 1 LL120 on the back of the case. The frequency colors are climbing from the bottom of the case, wrapping around the top of the case and down the back side of the case. As frequencies get louder, the lighting will reach towards the left side panel of the case (which looks awesome). Here is the issue. Without the ability to reverse the device lighting on the two top fans and the rear fan, I cannot get the color sequence to appear correctly. The 3 fans on the front look awesome, the colors fade to the next fan perfectly giving a beautiful effect. Once you start looking at the top two fans and the rear fan on the case however, the color sequence is backwards from what it should be. This is a result of the fans on the front being set up for intake, an the top an rear fans being set up for exhaust. You might suggest simply rotating the devices 180 degrees, however that then turns the lighting effect on the top and rear fans to be gaining towards the right side panel of the case rather than the left. If users were able to reverse their device based on the direction of installation (intake/exhaust) we would have much better control over effects like this!

On 1/31/2023 at 11:20 AM, BlaiseP said:

I want the sensors (I did add them on purpose) but would rather they just show a number and not the graph.

The graph is the whole point! A singular number doesn't mean much. It's super easy for a single sensor to temporarily spike for various reasons (usually bad, but not necessarily such as a thermal probe vibrating and touching a hot graphics card). The graph tells you the context of a number. Is the sensor increasing over time? Is it decreasing? Is it staying in the same range?
Without the graph, a single number doesn't tell you much. It will only look a little more compact on the homepage and you lose a lot of utility.

8 hours ago, plshelpmec0rsair said:

Without the graph, a single number doesn't tell you much. It will only look a little more compact on the homepage and you lose a lot of utility.

I have the "Dashboard" for showing the graphs.

Here are some icue suggestions I would really like to see:

1.) Spotify integration. It could be useful to be able to do things like holding FN and using the volume wheel to change Spotify volume or use a macro to open Spotify.

2.) The ability to change lighting when a key is being held down. This would be useful for the FN key, With it, you could hold down the FN key and hide the normal lighting and have all keys with FN key modifiers light up.

3.) The ability to have the function key be togglable. For example if the FN key is held  down for less then 0.5 seconds it toggles on along with any lighting from "2.)", and the next key press will use the function modifier. And if the FN key is held down for longer then 0.5 seconds it will not toggle on.

4.) the ability to open windows apps using macros and not just .exe files.

5.) Lastly the ability to change the direction that a lighting link effect plays per device. This is because I use the wave RGB effect but one it gets to my ram RGB it goes from the front to the back and I want it to go bottom to top, but since its a lighting link effect when I change the direction, it changes it for all devices.

Edited by richcvbmm

iCue feature request.

How about you "WARN" your customers that you have significantly changed the software?
WARN them that all of the time they have spent building up intricate lighting profiles are about to be wiped clean with an update?

I've lost count of the hours I spent setting up profiles for different uses and scenarios.
Did the update thinking it was just a version "update" - to find it is a completely new feature system that destroys my lighting setup.

Unacceptable behaviour from Corsair.

--------

Some bright spark will no doubt say "you can roll back to an older version" but in reality all that does is leave people stuck with a software version that has no update path.

Seems Corsair have taken the "Adobe" approach to software updates, and by that I mean, they do wtf they want and have a idgaf about what customers "experience" when said updates are rolled out with bugs or significant changes.

So thanks Corsair, now I have to waste more time figuring out how this new feature works and whether or not I want to use it, or whether or not it can even "do" what it "was doing" when I purchased it in the first place!

And if not, or if it turns out to be a big pile of poopoo, rip your kit out of my PC and move to.....? (well it won't be Corsair if that is the case).

• Like 2

Feature Request

Similar to how I can have my fans turn red as temp goes up, I want to be able to change LCD GIF as the temp goes up. Example, under normal temp I can use my standard hamster wheel GIF, but on higher temp switch to my ball of fire GIF. 

Edited by Buzzword

Feature Request

Option to switch the Windows Audio "Default Device" to the wireless headset, when the wireless headset is connected and back to the previous default when it is powered off.  (This was the standard behavior when before updating the VIRTUOSO dongle to Multipoint Firmware).

Some requests/Suggestions:

I can tell iCUE what color my mouse is, but not my Dominator RAM, please add that option.

For some reason my GPU Readouts for the Dashboard are separated into two groups, one is just Load, and the other is
Fan and Temp.  Being able to consolidate that under one section would be awesome.  Image below to show how it is currently.

Also for the GPU readout if I disable the Fan readout there is no easy way to add it back.  I am currently water cooling my GPU so there is no fan to track.

I wish I could set a default color for the light on my Virtuoso headset for when I have it disconnected and am using speakers, like how other devices have a Hardware setting.

Thank you for you consideration!

iCUE GPU Display.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dont know if this Topic is still looked at, but Feature Requests from me:

Theyre both about Overriding Lighting Settings via external Software (Wallpaper Engine in my Case)
When wallpaper Engine overrides Lighting Settings, it also "disables" the Temperature Warning Setting of setting All LEDs to a Specific Color (Red) when the Temperature gets too high. I feel like this is more a QoL thing, since warnings should always be visible.
And since i use a ST100 RGB in my Setup and my Case is below the desk i cant see the Lighting from within the case except for a general colour from the RAMs, i set up the Logo LED on the ST100 to display the CPU Temperature, which also gets overridden by Wallpaper Engine if its active.
I dont mind everything else changing, but i want to keep the Temperature Control Lamp from getting overridden, maybe that can be an Option in the Specific Lighting Zone Settings?

Hello, could you add a delta temperature between two temperature sensors to better regulate a custom watercooling loop with commander pro.

Why make the fans turn faster because the liquid is hotter, when the ambient temperature simply increases (summer/winter).

It is much better to regulate the fans and pump with the difference in temperature between a probe outside the box and the temperature of the liquid.

Could you add it.

iCue Feature Request:

A simple change wallpaper option for profiles.  Nothing too fancy.  Maybe basic choices like stretch, clone, or individual images or colors.  Maybe even the ability switch Windows themes with profiles.  Pretty please.

Murals audio not working with asus sonic studio drivers, before that I had a separate sound card creative sounds blaster z and there everything worked equalizer murals was alive, I tried to reinstall the system, it does not help, but if I put a creative card, then everything works again, but it does not work with the native chip of the motherboard asus x570 e gaming drivers Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.9411.1 from the official site of my motherboard, murals audio froze, when you turn on the music, with a map creative sounds blaster z they are alive