Corsair Community

ICUE 4 Unsupported Products

Okay. Now i am at the point, i described a couple of months ago.
3.38.61 is not showing up my processortemps, nor the temps of my both graphicscards anymore.
4.18.209 will do so. Buuut. That leaves my VOID RGB Wireless absolutly worthless, cause i can't set anything anymore with this thing. Its kinda a brick now, a worthless headset with absolut distorted sound, with not way to change anything at it - or, get back to 3.38.61 with no temps of the processor nor the gfx cards, i use to control some casefans.

What now? Throwing away a complete intact headset, i shortly ordered a new pair of earpads for?
Or is there anywhere a small utility to get back control of it?

As i stated, back the days. That is a really, really annoying move. 

Corsair, what you think i should do now?

On 9/21/2021 at 8:20 PM, Corsair Mint said:

Hi everyone,

We’ve been listening to everyone’s feedback and in the latest version of iCUE we have reimplemented support for some of our coolers. The following coolers should be detected again in iCUE version 4.15.153:

H100i V2

H100i GTX

H80i V2

H80i GT

H115i

H110i GTX

We’ll continue to collect further feedback from everybody so that we can continue to improve iCUE and your experience. Thank you!

What about the VOID RGB Wireless? Would be even okay, to have a small utility, so i could get back control of that headset. With icue4 and that headset, its completly unusable. It get to a preset where it sounds like a cheap headset in an airplane and cant change it. I also cant see the batterystatus anymore. And really, i am not willing to toss a completly functional headset away, that looks like brandnew. But i cant use icue3 anymore, since it wont recognize the gfx nor processortemps anymore, i use to control some of that fans in my case.
Since today, all temps of processor (10900k) and the gfx cards (2x 1080) are gone.

I want to appeal to Corsair for removing support for the Scimitar 2015 version in iCUE 4, this is a 5 year old mouse that works fine untill Corsair decided to remove support. This mouse is now going into the electric waste dump that will become our future, to throw away something that works fine but is unsupported by the manufacture is deeply disapointing and a total waste of resources. From a sustainabillity point of view corsair should be ashamed.
I am replacing the mouse with a Razor naga.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Bainbotnik said:

I want to appeal to Corsair for removing support for the Scimitar 2015 version in iCUE 4, this is a 5 year old mouse that works fine untill Corsair decided to remove support. This mouse is now going into the electric waste dump that will become our future, to throw away something that works fine but is unsupported by the manufacture is deeply disapointing and a total waste of resources. From a sustainabillity point of view corsair should be ashamed.
I am replacing the mouse with a Razor naga.

@Bainbotnik

On 12/21/2021 at 6:36 PM, Corsair James said:

4.) Will there be ongoing support for all remaining legacy devices of iCUE 3?

Yes but I do not have an ETA yet on when this happens. It is planned though to expand support for additional legacy devices in the future like what we did for Hydro Series coolers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 1:14 AM, Corsair Nick said:

We're aware of this bug, and will be resolving it in an upcoming update to iCUE. Outside of it popping up every time you restart iCUE, it shouldn't impact anything.

Good to know! Looking forward to an update that resolves this issue.

I've always pushed my followers and my communities to purchase corsair just for their great products and support. After seeing and experiencing that alot of  the hardware that my community uses is no longer supported during a crisis and making people buy new hardware during a troubling economy will be forcing me to find another company that stands behind what they sell. Will no longer be pushing corsair or their products any longer.

• Like 1

I was blissfully unaware of this, cruising along with my iCue 3. Today it notified me of an update, so I ran the update which uninstalled iCue 3 and left me with nothing. 

So off I went and downloaded iCue 4, thinking "ooh, new software". And of course iCue 4 doesn't detect my Scimitar and none of the programmed buttons work any more.  And then I found this thread. Luckily, reverting to the latest build of 3 allowed me to continue to use my Corsair product, but unfortunately, as I was considering replacing my K65 and the Scimitar due to their excellent reliability, I will no longer support you as a manufacturer by giving you money to reward such awful planned obsolescence.  The whole attitude of "Oh, you can buy a new one" is totally unacceptable, and quite frankly, you can roll it up and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

I have been using Corsair for many many years.... no longer.

• Like 1

I have two devices:  Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless and Corsair Void Wireless (2015 version).
On iCue 3 this devices worked properly. But iCue 3 prompting me to upgrade to 4 version. I made it. After that already ICue 4 prompting me to upgrade my mice (Ironclaw RGB Wireless and Ironclaw RGB Wireless dongle) to new firmware.  I made it too. After that I found that my Void Wireless is not supported by iCue 4. 
Eventually when i installing iCue 3, my Void Wireless is working but Ironclaw RGB Wireless isnt working, because it has a new firmware installed that is not supported by iCue 3 and I can't use two devices at the same time.
Either required support Ironclaw RGB Wireless by iCue 3, or support Void Wireless by iCue 4, or installing old firmware (supported by iCue 3) on Ironclaw RGB Wireless and Ironclaw RGB Wireless dongle.
Where can I get old firmwares?

Снимок экрана 2022-01-19 173927.jpg

On 1/19/2022 at 5:39 PM, Andrey G said:

I have two devices:  Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless and Corsair Void Wireless (2015 version).
On iCue 3 this devices worked properly. But iCue 3 prompting me to upgrade to 4 version. I made it. After that already ICue 4 prompting me to upgrade my mice (Ironclaw RGB Wireless and Ironclaw RGB Wireless dongle) to new firmware.  I made it too. After that I found that my Void Wireless is not supported by iCue 4. 
Eventually when i installing iCue 3, my Void Wireless is working but Ironclaw RGB Wireless isnt working, because it has a new firmware installed that is not supported by iCue 3 and I can't use two devices at the same time.
Either required support Ironclaw RGB Wireless by iCue 3, or support Void Wireless by iCue 4, or installing old firmware (supported by iCue 3) on Ironclaw RGB Wireless and Ironclaw RGB Wireless dongle.
Where can I get old firmwares?

Снимок экрана 2022-01-19 173927.jpg

The technical support person helped me by providing the necessary files for the firmware.

Now mouse and headset working correctly on iCue 3.

On 1/28/2022 at 3:50 PM, DocDeath666 said:

Hi after the last update MM800 RGB POLARIS Gaming Mouse Pad is no longer registrating in the software i know it works cos it lits up when turning on the computer but when windows 10 load in it turned of and can not get turn on again not even if i use another usb port

Do you get any error message when plugging it in? Im getting USB resource errors when i plug mine in, or my ST100, 

then you need to update the supported devices list properly, as you listed the Void Pro USB as supported,

Yet only the legacy icue supports it.

Hello,

When will you plan to add support for Scimithar mouse (2015) in iCUE4? Mine is still working very well and I'm sure I'm not the only person in this situation. It's the only thing that force me to stay on the iCUE3 software.

Regards,

On 2/3/2022 at 5:34 AM, Wesper686 said:

Helo there! Can smb help me? After installing the firmware in icue, my PC stopped seeing my mouse. What should I do?

Your mouse is probably on the list of products that Corsair suddenly decided to drop support for. There are a lot of people who updated to iCue v4.xx and updated firmware on some of their Corsair devices when prompted. Then they found out that some of their older Corsair products don't work with iCue v4.xx and their newer Corsair products with updated firmware now only work with iCue v4.xx. In these cases it is impossible to have everything working at once. Corsair has made a total mess and pissed off a lot of formerly happy customers.

If your old mouse is not supported by the current version of iCue, you may be able to go back to the old version but then your newer Corsair hardware won't work with the old version of iCue. There is no way to fix this that I am aware of.

My suggestion is to live and learn, and buy a mouse from a company that does not suddenly drop support for a whole bunch of their own products then push out software and firmware updates that cause people to end up with some products that only work with  the old version of their software and other products that only work with the new version of their software.

Corsair could not have handled this any worse if they tried. It's sad and pathetic, and one of the many reasons that I have moved on from Corsair and the buggy mess that is iCue. Good luck with your mouse.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 5:38 AM, scott13183 said:

I guess my prior message was too spicy.  

The H80i v2 is hardly old.  

Selling my Corsair stock... this kind of designed obsolescence is anti-consumer.  Enjoy your short term profits and lost customer loyalty.   

jesus christ, i have also downloaded recent drivers and it won't show, figured out it doesn't support my h80i v2. Well that's it for me as well, i won't purchase any corsair ever again. 
First my K70 died bought another one (rgb mk.2) and they buttonjs started to brake they only cover 5 of my choice now this....

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee
23 minutes ago, _pk_ said:

hi, where i finde the old icue software? i have a void usb wirelss 2015 and e has a seriusly problem with other hardware product

You can find the iCUE 3.38.xx software from the downloads section at Corsair.com

• 2 months later...

Hello.  i wanted to move from a razer keyboard to a corsair k55 rgb pro to stay in the icue eco system.

I see the icue logo on the corsair website but I have seen a user on amazon writing down 

"beware this keyboard it's not icue supported".   can anyone please confirm the icue support in icue 4?

@c-attack @DevBiker @LeDoyen  thank you guys in advance

You need to be really careful when looking at K55 models. There are 3 and earliest K55 RGB is definitely an entry model with very basic 3 section RGB and the more limited capabilities of an entry model KB. Then came the similarly named K55 Pro and all the reviews tend to be combined. The most recent K55 Pro XT is more capable, but I would still only recommend it to someone who specifically wants a membrane keyboard.   All of these should be supported in CUE 4 and the K66 was the only KB left behind. However, as mentioned the entry level K55 may not have all the features of high tier KBs. 

If the budget allows, you might also look at the K60 Pro/SE or K70 Mk.2 models should be down to nearly the same level at retailers. If you’re not keen on moving to mechanical, either the K60 Pro low profile or K70 Mk2 low profile are a good place to start.  With short keys it feels like a very precise membrane and produces little noise. 

Edited by c-attack
  • Like 1