Corsair Community

ICUE 4 Unsupported Products

Unacceptable... I'll begin phasing out all of my Corsair hardware and peripherals if this is the way you're going to treat your consumers. Even through some of the glitchy software/ premature updates, I remained a loyal patron for years but I won't stand for this. Infuriating.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hi,

I returned to this forum, after a few years, in order to obtain information about a possible bug in the update of the ICUE software (from version 3.x to 4.x), and guess what? I find that my Corsair H80i V2 product has been discontinued and is no longer applicable for monitoring - even if only on Microsoft Windows operating system (yes, I work with Linux too, and that is sorely missed on that side too - but that's another question) .

I understand Mr. James' report, certainly in favor of the directions and commercial decisions that the company is following. If the company defined it like that, it is doing its part in alerting the user community. Were it not for this post, I wouldn't even know what was going on.

But from the point of view of the user and customer, I see this decision to exclude products supported by its flagship application ICUE, in terms of quality and performance hardware components - which has always attracted its legion of customers -, like a shot in your own foot.

Rather than simply adding support for its new products, the company decided to pass the ruler over its own past - and very recent, by the way. They are products with 2, or 3 years of life in the trade - and that are for sale all over the world, with the support and credibility of the brand. Branded products are durable, and have been in operation for many years, it will be recognized. But your customers do not purchase those products for the reason of making annual exchanges, quite the opposite: we build great custom setups, to work for a good time.

Honestly, I see the change in the following light: having the functional support of Corsair after-sales products now, is an uncertainty. For my part, I will follow your competitors much more from this moment on, unfortunately.

If its possible, review this decision, and continue to going on with your great products.

Best regards

As per the subject line of this post, I have a Hydro Series 115i and have been prompted to upgrade to v4.11.274?

I must admit, I was a wee bit excited there for a moment and thought my cooler had been 'added back in' with the beautiful coolers of v4 :)

Edited by Croxy

What a shame again. From the beginning, Corsair's behavior was awful with icue. And now, stopping the support for not very old products is the direct continuity of their bad policy.

First pc with full corsair stuff, this is the last.

• Confused 1

• Corsair Employee
H115i Platinum AIO did not appear in v4.

So... Downgraded to v3 and my H115i Platinum re-appears.

Just Re-Checked compatibility list: H115i Platinum IS on the v4 compatibility list.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058142592-iCUE-4-compatibility-list

What am I missing?

Please add support for recent AIO coolers to v4.

How often do you think people upgrade their Hardware?

Perhaps Corsair is no longer the brand for me?

H115i Platinum is supported in the current version of iCUE. When running 3.38, try performing a force firmware update in device settings to see if this corrects the issue. If you continue to have issues, try reaching out to our support team:

https://support.corsair.com/

The pump reverts to firmware control and has no way of interacting with other sensors on your system as there is no software control. The firmware control bases pump and fan speed on coolant temperature just like our default fan curves do in the iCUE software for the cooler.

Thanks but the fans that I have attached to the H115i were set based upon the coolant temp through a Commander Pro. Since the H115i is no longer supported that option to use coolant temp is no longer available for the fans. I had it set to keep things cooler and while it does work I have no way to change that now. Thus my CPU temps were impacted. Again please reconsider your ICUE support for "Legacy" Corsair products.

Hi i have the H80i v2 yes its now unsupported by Icue 4 so i went back to the Icue 3.8 and now it wont pick up my Dark Core se rgb i have done a full system format and still wont detect my mouse this is a joke and need to be fixed i have followed all the install instuctions and still it wont detect my mouse whats going on ?.

also not happy about this unsupporting of older gear just to force us to buy new corsair tek its a joke and i think you folk at Corsair really need to rethink this and start supporting all of your tek for your customers before you lose your long time community

• Like 1

James,

I was prompted by iCUE of an available update, only to find once upgrading to version 4 that I could no longer manage my H110i V2 AiO.

At first i thought it was a bug - not the first time my AiO has 'disappeared' after updating iCUE, but a bit of googling later directed me to this thread.

Seriously, why on earth does iCUE allow me to upgrade from version 3 to 4 given it knows I have corsair products that cannot be managed and are unsupported by the update? Does that sound logical to anyone?

How hard / difficult is it for Corsair's iCUE developers to include a basic check in iCUE v3's software update process to BLOCK iCUE 4 if it detects one of the aforementioned incompatible products is installed? Or at the very least warn the user that if they proceed with installing iCUE 4 they will no longer be able to manage specific devices.

What an absolutely poor and unacceptable customer experience. It seems the plan was to hope affected users got lucky and stumble across this thread to find out why their Corsair products disappeared from iCUE after updating....

That is beyond stupid and really an indictment on Corsair's one highly regarded customer service and quality.

I have the same complain about this, even though I already read about unsupported device, but I saw iCUE ask me for a new update I thought It would be another improve version of iCUE v3, but It's not after see the installation progress It's v4 and I'm thinking to myself again, weird, maybe they change the unsupported, but NO.

• Corsair Employee

Hi everyone, thank you for trying out our latest version of iCUE and providing feedback about your experience. We’ve seen some of you reporting that your devices are no longer detected after performing the update, and resolve this by rolling back to the previous version. There have been some changes to the list of supported devices, which can be viewed on the first post of this thread. If you currently own one of the devices on the unsupported list, please reach out to our Support team for further assistance.

Hi everyone, thank you for trying out our latest version of iCUE and providing feedback about your experience. We’ve seen some of you reporting that your devices are no longer detected after performing the update, and resolve this by rolling back to the previous version. There have been some changes to the list of supported devices, which can be viewed on the first post of this thread. If you currently own one of the devices on the unsupported list, please reach out to our Support team for further assistance.

Or you know, maybe support some of these devices that are not that old.

• Confused 1

in terms of constructive feedback - can your hardware and software teams in the future make your products such that this kind of obsolescence for Corsair RGB products does not happen?

i get EOL for products is a thing, but considering how fragmented RGB platforms on PC are already, things like this just make it worse. i am less likely to buy Corsair because of things like this.

• Confused 1

in terms of constructive feedback - can your hardware and software teams in the future make your products such that this kind of obsolescence for Corsair RGB products does not happen?

i get EOL for products is a thing, but considering how fragmented RGB platforms on PC are already, things like this just make it worse. i am less likely to buy Corsair because of things like this.

it's not just rgb in some cases. in the case of the mice and the 1 keyboard you lose actual functionality. my scimitar mouse has 12 buttons on the side that literally cannot be used if they aren't set in icue, along with dps controls as well. keyboards will lose macro function as well. eol is an expected thing in the tech space but removing all previous support when eol'ing is both unusual and bad for your ecosystem

• Confused 1

Oh yes tried out all right!!! Corsair are forcing Peoples or Customers to buy a shiny new Cooler, now it's the time to move to different Platform.

I am SO HAPPY that I decided to not use Corsair for my CPU cooler, and fan and RGB control this time around. I was going to get a Capellix cooler but didn't because of the very long thread here full of people complaining about loud, annoying pump noise. Corsair claims they can't reduce the pump speed and they "don't hear anything" on their test rigs. I went with AquaComputer and man - what a difference! Hardware is rock solid and their software is brilliant. My last 2 rigs, which are very much still in use, both have Corsair H110i coolers, Commander Pros, and Lighting Node Pros. Luckily I gave up on Link and iCue years ago and use SIV to control all of my Corsair stuff. I only use iCue to do firmware updates.

Corsair has invested highly in being the Bling Kings, but they seem to have decided that cramming more LEDs into a fan or pump is more important than how the product actually performs. Flakey PWM ports, USB problems (not AMD systems so don't bother blaming them), noisy pumps, buggy firmware, bloated software... And now dropping support for products that are still in active sales channels and many customer's computers. Wow Corsair, just wow. You guys make some decent fans (albeit overpriced), but iCue and associated hardware - I'm done.

I've always found Corsair to be good with their support when I've reached out, however to have hardware still under manufacturer warranty (in my case the Hydro Series H115i) though no longer supported by the new iCUE v4 is disappointing...

yea great thought the update was going to add support for h110i you know as it hadnt popped up until now, now you idiots are just forcing people. NO h110i support and now i need to waste my time reverting back to old version. Absolute final straw. Idiots force fazing out a cooler i bought dec 2018. Im will never buy corsair again. Jebaited into dling crap software. Plus your new version looks like trash. corsair going backwards in all departments.

Hi as in the title my VOID RGB ELITE Wireless Premium Headset is not working with icue 4.1, and its not on the unsupported list,

Is my headset unsupported or am i missing somthing cus your still selling it on your website