Corsair Community

Introducing the new CORSAIR iCUE (v4.X) - Megathread

Corsair Nick

I have two lighting node cores where the usb connector are plugged into the commander pro. They both work with the included profiles but with imported ones only one works. Both show up but one set of lights (6) aren't illuminated. Edited by swarfega

I mentioned this in an earlier post. If you allow Armory Crate to update to the latest “HAL” update it breaks the iCUE plugin. My Asus board and ROG video card are no longer controllable in iCUE (version 3 or 4). I think Asus had to fix this.

Thanks for the info. I will avoid doing that for a while.

Today an update came in.

It is already 20min stuck in the "updating" screen.

After 30min the update is not responsive. I clicked on the update window, windows inform is unresponsive, closed it.

Opened iCue4 and started normally. Shows there is an update 4.9.350 (so nothing got installed)...gonna try again. EDIT: Same thing.

Tried once more. After an hour the installer is still unresponsive.

attachment.php?attachmentid=40758&stc=1&d=1616351849

BTW: The sensors I placed here in Home keep moving around to different orders.

attachment.php?attachmentid=40759&stc=1&d=1616352574

Also my devices change order each time I open iCUE:

attachment.php?attachmentid=40760&stc=1&d=1616352866

EDIT2: Manually installing the latest iCUE resulted in the same problem. Basically the installer halts at 35% progress. It keeps using CPU for some reason until you manually close it.

EDIT3: Manually stopping all corsair services THEN manually installing worked.

2021-03-21_19-03-37.jpg.3bab2dabdb157dcb8df5c2374faf1a4d.jpg

2021-03-21_19-40-08.jpg.ed9c8d60baa7f9a8619f1383149ecd5b.jpg

2021-03-21_19-53-42.jpg.07863d723f231430856e3a8fa3d0e2a3.jpg

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

I used to rename my devices in iCUE 3.x, but can't seem to rename / restore them in 4.x.

There is a convoluted way to rename a sensor (add it to Dashboard, then you have a "Rename Sensor" option in the menu. Outside of editing the iCUE files, though, renaming devices isn't there.

There is a convoluted way to rename a sensor (add it to Dashboard, then you have a "Rename Sensor" option in the menu. Outside of editing the iCUE files, though, renaming devices isn't there.

I think they want to get rid of the (1) and (2) we keep seeing on devices

• Corsair Employee
Just updated to v.4.9.350, still no light in my XC7

If i only select 1 XD5 pump, I can get the logo on the XC7 to light up, but if I selects both XD5 pumps the XC7 is dark

Sensors in "Home" keep disappearing.

Same here. Sensors added to home/dashboard dissappears.

Could you try and make a "clean installation" of iCUE4? Remember to save all your profiles before you do this.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE

• Corsair Employee
I have two lighting node cores where the usb connector are plugged into the commander pro. They both work with the included profiles but with imported ones only one works. Both show up but one set of lights (6) aren't illuminated.

How do you have the Lighting Node Cores setup in iCUE? And what fans are connected to them? Can you doublecheck that each is setup correctly with the correct fans?

Motherboard : Rampage VI Extreme

Icue UI :

attachment.php?attachmentid=40762&stc=1&d=1616361835

Motherboard :

attachment.php?attachmentid=40761&stc=1&d=1616361835

Upon first boot my ram, Vengeance Pro RGB, Is not the colour I set it in iCUE.

I have it set to green but for some reason upon first boot all the sticks are red, I have to go in and manually change it each time.

Are you able to do a "clean installation" of iCUE? Save all your profiles before and then follow this guide:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE

How do you have the Lighting Node Cores setup in iCUE? And what fans are connected to them? Can you doublecheck that each is setup correctly with the correct fans?

Are you able to do a "clean installation" of iCUE? Save all your profiles before and then follow this guide:

I have already performed a clean install

Are you able to do a "clean installation" of iCUE? Save all your profiles before and then follow this guide

As far as I can see it's a general issue with iCUE 4 even after doing a clean installation, I went back to the latest release of iCUE 3 and there are zero problems.

Also in your next update of iCUE 4, Don't have iCUE run background processes like "Corsair MSI Motherboard" or "Corsair Headset" etc... these are totally unnecessary for the people like myself that don't own an MSI motherboard or a Corsair headset, The former of which actually kept my CPU pinged at boost clock speeds when idle, I killed the process and my clocks when back to normal, Temps came down etc...

Maybe even go so far as to include a check list during installation for the bare minimum so no unnecessary bloat gets installed.

Edited by Dicehunter
Added info

• Corsair Employee
This is a BIG issue

We cant run the old and new icue together at the same time, so you're going to force users to throw away working hardware since we cant use new and old corsair devices together at the same time

Throw that one back up the food chain... anything supported in icue needs to remain supported in icue, UNLESS we can run both old and new software simultaneously like what happened with link/cue/icue

Those devices have been EoL and discontinued for several years. It is not realistic to expect us to continue to put development resources into keeping old, and discontinued products supported in our new iCUE 4 software. If people have those products and do not wish to upgrade there is the last version of iCUE 3 that can still be used.

• Corsair Employee
Just updated to v.4.9.350, still no light in my XC7

If i only select 1 XD5 pump, I can get the logo on the XC7 to light up, but if I selects both XD5 pumps the XC7 is dark

RGB for dual Pump/Res combo setups is currently broken and will be fixed in a future update. We would advise you utilize the latest version of iCUE 3 instead for now.

• Corsair Employee
What the hell is this? the updater is an openGL 3D window?

WHY? It's an absolute waste of resources and going to trigger any and all overlay programs out there

p1kalmig2k490.jpg

The iCUE software is hardware accelerated like most Windows 10 programs these days. It was also hardware accelerated in iCUE 3.

• Corsair Employee
So basically your saying tough **** to me when i spent good money on a decent mouse that still perfectly fine and i have to replace it to have support for it? Kind of a ****ty thing to do.

It is still supported for use in the iCUE 3 software. If you do not wish to update your products you still have that as an option to control those devices.

• Corsair Employee
my asus integration is broken, icue no longer controls motherboard - syncing with armoury crate

RGB integration with Armoury Crate and Asus motherboards is not broken any longer and was resolved in iCUE 3.38.61 and iCUE 4 with the latest plugin update from Asus.

• Corsair Employee
Upon first boot my ram, Vengeance Pro RGB, Is not the colour I set it in iCUE.

I have it set to green but for some reason upon first boot all the sticks are red, I have to go in and manually change it each time.

Disable the ability for your MSI Mystic Light/Dragon Center software from attempting to connect to and control RGB on the DRAM. Or just set it to not start on boot as that is the cause of your memory defaulting to Red.

Those devices have been EoL and discontinued for several years. It is not realistic to expect us to continue to put development resources into keeping old, and discontinued products supported in our new iCUE 4 software. If people have those products and do not wish to upgrade there is the last version of iCUE 3 that can still be used.

Bit of a concern there bud, You are basically saying Corsair products have a "use by date" of around 4 years, This is quite the red flag.

Bit of a concern there bud, You are basically saying Corsair products have a "use by date" of around 4 years, This is quite the red flag.

yeah, this is annoying, my H100i v2 still works like a charm but it's not supported by iCue v4 (and this is not about RGB lighting or similar, it's about fan profile that is definitely more important than RGB) :mad:

Edited by iosonobenny
Typos

It works as advertised for me. I am surprised. :)

edit Well, that didn't last long. Shortly after updating to v4.10.273 my graphics card would crash.

Then the pc reset. Maybe a fluke. Then it happened again, and again.

Reinstalled older graphics drivers in case that was the cause. No.

Uninstalled Icue and cleaned out registry. Pc stopped crashing.

Went back to last v3 icue and all's well again.

Edited by Talon1
things changed.