Corsair Community

Introducing the new CORSAIR iCUE (v4.X) - Megathread

Corsair Nick

Baio your issue boils down to you still want to utilize iCUE to control your motherboard RGB while utilizing the Asus software to control the DRAM.

Maybe it's my poor english, but I'M NOT DOING THIS!

Asus AURA is installed BUT NOT RUNNING, I'm not using Aura to control anything, nor DRAM or motherboard... all lighjting is switched to "off" under Aura.

Under iCue v3 it was mandatory to have it installed but not running to control Asus stuff via plugin, but in my rig it didn't work as long as I turned Full Software Control on. With FSC off it worked but I lost the option to set Hadware Lighting to black for my Corsair RAM.

You will not be able to utilize them in that way. You will either need to utilize the Asus software to purely control the Asus products and our DRAM through the plugin on iCUE 3, or you will need to utilize iCUE to control your Corsair DRAM and the Asus motherboard RGB.

There is not a both option when attempting to utilize the Asus integration for either our DRAM with their software, or their motherboards and GPUs with our software.

And this is what I wish I could do... but still it does not work.

So, to make it short:

Do I still need Asus Aura (INSTALLED BUT NOT RUNNING) to control my mobo under iCue v4?

And if so, is Aura v1.07.79_V2.2 the best version to use?

Baio

Thanks for the response. Part of me is going to miss iCUE Space, but having these super awesome widgets being added to the left side means we can have a quick way to monitor temperatures and devices.

Overall, really good stuff.

Get Rainmeter and use it with HWinfo64 and you can monitor whatever you want on whatever monitor of your desire.

Edited by MADRGB

Maybe it's my poor english, but I'M NOT DOING THIS!

Asus AURA is installed BUT NOT RUNNING, I'm not using Aura to control anything, nor DRAM or motherboard... all lighjting is switched to "off" under Aura.

Under iCue v3 it was mandatory to have it installed but not running to control Asus stuff via plugin, but in my rig it didn't work as long as I turned Full Software Control on. With FSC off it worked but I lost the option to set Hadware Lighting to black for my Corsair RAM.

And this is what I wish I could do... but still it does not work.

So, to make it short:

Do I still need Asus Aura (INSTALLED BUT NOT RUNNING) to control my mobo under iCue v4?

And if so, is Aura v1.07.79_V2.2 the best version to use?

Baio

Make sure you dont install Armoury crate. Regarding Aura version, doesnt really matter as its the lightingservice.exe that matters.

Make sure you dont install Armoury crate. Regarding Aura version, doesnt really matter as its the lightingservice.exe that matters.

Never installed AC in this system, whenever I update the BIOS, it's the first thing I disable. Tried it once in my previous installation of Windows 10 and found it really terrible... and it ended up messing everything up, so I went for a new clean installation (the one I have at the moment).

Do you have a list of which services Aura runs?

I don't have Aura in Windows auto-start Windows, so maybe it's some service I'm not aware of.... made this question several times, nobody ever answered. :(:

While I'm waiting to know if Aura is mandatory also for iCue v4, I uninstalled and installed it again, opened it, disabled all RGB, rebooted, opened iCue, enabled SDK and plugin, rebooted again and now I can see my mobo under iCue but all lights off and whatever effect I set, it's not shown. So it seems Aura is still controlling RGB despite of iCue.

"I'm going slightly maaaaad" (cit.) :evil:

Baio

Ps. thanks for you suggestion, of course.

Never installed AC in this system, whenever I update the BIOS, it's the first thing I disable. Tried it once in my previous installation of Windows 10 and found it really terrible... and it ended up messing everything up, so I went for a new clean installation (the one I have at the moment).

Do you have a list of which services Aura runs?

I don't have Aura in Windows auto-start Windows, so maybe it's some service I'm not aware of.... made this question several times, nobody ever answered. :(:

While I'm waiting to know if Aura is mandatory also for iCue v4, I uninstalled and installed it again, opened it, disabled all RGB, rebooted, opened iCue, enabled SDK and plugin, rebooted again and now I can see my mobo under iCue but all lights off and whatever effect I set, it's not shown. So it seems Aura is still controlling RGB despite of iCue.

"I'm going slightly maaaaad" (cit.) :evil:

Baio

Ps. thanks for you suggestion, of course.

You should never open Aura and change its settings. Doing that you risk that Auras takes prio...

Just install it and make sure its not running on startup. Lightingservice.exe will run even with Aura disabled on startup.

In Icue just make sure SDK is enabled.

You should never open Aura and change its settings. Doing that you risk that Auras takes prio...

Just install it and make sure its not running on startup. Lightingservice.exe will run even with Aura disabled on startup.

In Icue just make sure SDK is enabled.

Made all these things several times... same result, AURA gains control.

ASAP I'll try to uninstall and reinstall it another time without not even opening it, but I'm sure the result will be the same as always.

So, you are telling me Lightingservice.exe is the only service enabled by Aura?

That would be even worse for my situation...

Baio

EDIT:

FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!!

Don't know why, don't know how... but it works!!

I simply uninstalled and installed Aura again... only thing I did different was, after rebooting after Aura installation, to close iCue before opening Aura.

I set the effects static color black (it's like hardware Lighting in iCue, I want RGB off when pc is off/not in Windows), then close Aura, stopped lighting service, reboot again and lastly got it to work.

Thanks everybody for your support!

Edited by Baio

I'd like to install it, but I wanted to throw out one question first:

If I do run into any problems (at least one user mentioned some major problems with the k95 RGB platinum xt that he experienced, which I also have), is there any danger of the new iCue causing problems that rolling back to a previous version won't fix?

As I've had MANY, many problems with iCue over the years, I am eager to try out this new version, even though there are bound to be (and understandably so) kinks to work out for a while. It looks like all nine of my current devices are listed as compatible, but as eager as I am, I'm also cautious.

Edit: one other question: has the issue of system monitoring taking up so many system resources been fixed? No other monitoring software I use (including Aida 64 running a sensor panel that monitors like a hundred things at once) uses more than a tiny fraction of the resources that the previous version of iCue uses monitoring just a few things.

Edited by Parmenedes

Just FYI Asus recently broke iCUE compatibility with an update. So there is no way to control the motherboard lighting via iCUE until Asus and Corsair figure it out. This is not related to iCUE 4.

Threads:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=204061

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?122723-Armory-Crate-Corsair-ICUE-problem-after-BIOS-update

• Corsair Employees
I'd like to install it, but I wanted to throw out one question first:

If I do run into any problems (at least one user mentioned some major problems with the k95 RGB platinum xt that he experienced, which I also have), is there any danger of the new iCue causing problems that rolling back to a previous version won't fix?

As I've had MANY, many problems with iCue over the years, I am eager to try out this new version, even though there are bound to be (and understandably so) kinks to work out for a while. It looks like all nine of my current devices are listed as compatible, but as eager as I am, I'm also cautious.

Edit: one other question: has the issue of system monitoring taking up so many system resources been fixed? No other monitoring software I use (including Aida 64 running a sensor panel that monitors like a hundred things at once) uses more than a tiny fraction of the resources that the previous version of iCue uses monitoring just a few things.

We've made some improvements in the new version of iCUE where you can roll back in the meantime to 3.x and still have your profiles. Still recommend backing up your profiles as an extra precaution even though it shouldn't have any issues.

To echo what at least three other people in this thread have asked about:

Is there an improvement in cpu resources used in the new version?

I saw a couple of posts about an MSI motherboard icue service taking up (an absurd amount of) resources, but I assume that's a bug of some sort. More generally though, the amount of system resources used by iCue has for years been one of the very biggest problems with iCue - one that has been discussed ad nauseum on these forums as well as many other forums - even to the point where Gamers Nexus, Jay's Two Cents, Linus Tech Tips, and other publications had talked about it on numerous occasions, which doesn't do Corsair any favors, as it's pretty bad publicity, so I'd hope that dealing with this was a priority in the new version. I'd really like to know from users who aren't having the MSI motherboard [presumed] glitch, how icue 4 compares to 3 with respect to resources used.

Incidentally, I do have an MSI motherboard (z490 Meg Ace), so I hope whatever that issue is about is going to be fixed soon.

my upgrade to the new iCue seemed to go fairly straight forward; my profiles are still in tact by the looks of it... however, my VOID USB headset seems to not be picked up... CA-9011130

Is it not compatible with the new iCue? If so, I'll go back to the previous iCue version where it is supported. I bought it at the same time as my original K95 (not platinum) keyboard and M65 Pro mouse... and they seemed to pop in just fine, along with my MM800 polaris pad... so, it's not like it's too old to support

Or is corsair offering incentives/discounts to aid replacing perfectly fine hardware they've decided drop off their iCue compatibility list?

Edited by ~Daniel~

So tech support told me last year that I had to wait for this new iCue to fix my sleep/restart/shutdown issues and ACPI errors in the event log. Well I installed iCue 4 and already getting ACPI errors in the System event log. I wonder if my computer is going to sleep/restart properly? Will test later.

icue_acpi.jpg.b2113390b7757e88ed3d89f2fd3e96f2.jpg

got a question about the new icue why can't i setup a remap and a macro on the same tumb keypad for example I needed to setup my g1 to 1 so it would work but i also want my g1 to be able to toggle at a 50ms but I dont see anywhere or place that i am able to do that with the mouse

Confirmed that Sleep/Restart/Shutdown problem still exists, not surprised. Back to renaming cpuid DLLs. This also confirms that I will likely not be purchasing Corsair products in the future, unless they decide to fix these issues. Very disappointing.

Is anyone else having issues with their vengeance RGB ram not staying in "Hardware lighting" mode?

Every time I reboot I need to re-toggle hardware lighting and it'll use my software lighting profile by default.

With icue v3, it would stay on the hardware profile between reboots and shutdowns. I'd like to return to function as software mode significantly increases CPU usage.

CPU usage is still a bit high for me - i run static lighting and static fan speeds so i'm not sure why its using so much CPU power to monitor things

(It's a 5800x that peaks to 5.05GHz - 2% of this CPU is still a lot of power)

bi6dss92c3.jpg

gjk9lvk7dm.jpg

I still really want a bunch of tickboxes for the various features so i can disable them

I dont need or want all the monitoring stuff, i dont need MSI motherboard services

For comparison my razer software running animations on my keyboard and razer ARGB controller in the same system is using 0.1% CPU - corsair using 10x the resources for less hardware needs some work

I still really want a bunch of tickboxes for the various features so i can disable them

I dont need or want all the monitoring stuff, i dont need MSI motherboard services

+1 vote.

Absolutely. I thought that was it with v4 but they made it even worse now. Is like they do it on purpose.

For now you can stop the corsair services and iCUE and delete these files, then start iCUE.

2021-03-19_02-41-55.jpg.ec330e9b4de61a1aa630fb1fde0b618b.jpg

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

Guys. Check your pump speed.

v4 installation / migration resets your fan/pump settings.

My fans were in "quiet" mode, my custom curve was deleted.

My pump was in " " (blank) mode, and its speed was set to quiet (1100RPM) which can be dangerous at full loads.

My custom fan profiles carried over as correctly - all custom curves set on 2 x Commander Pros. I had a 2-stage alert (warning/shutdown) on my water temperature that got lost and had to recreate.

I've made use of the "main page" sensor widgets to display my 2 x water temperature probes and pump RPMs for a quick reference.

my upgrade to the new iCue seemed to go fairly straight forward; my profiles are still in tact by the looks of it... however, my VOID USB headset seems to not be picked up... CA-9011130

Is it not compatible with the new iCue? If so, I'll go back to the previous iCue version where it is supported. I bought it at the same time as my original K95 (not platinum) keyboard and M65 Pro mouse... and they seemed to pop in just fine, along with my MM800 polaris pad... so, it's not like it's too old to support

Or is corsair offering incentives/discounts to aid replacing perfectly fine hardware they've decided drop off their iCue compatibility list?

My CA-9011135 isnt compatible either. Ordered a virtuoso se today. Finally i got a reason. :cool: