Corsair Community

Introducing the new CORSAIR iCUE (v4.X) - Megathread

Corsair Nick

Still missing 2 essential features.

1.Schedule profile changing for day-night light on-off.

2.One button quick light off.(Current workaround is add any key on macro profile changing)

Please enable Audio Lighting effect on keyboard.

Still missing 2 essential features.

1.Schedule profile changing for day-night light on-off.

2.One button quick light off.(Current workaround is add any key on macro profile changing)

Please enable Audio Lighting effect on keyboard.

or a function that turns off the LEDs after a certain time

I still have the original Corsair Scimitar and Void Wireless, will I not be able to configure them in the new iCue software ?? Will Corsair at least keep the iCue3 up and running or I'll have to switch to iCue4 and throw my peripherals in the trash?

Please tell me it uses less resources than the old one, because all of these peripheral drivers using 5-10% of your cpu 200mb+ of ram at all times despite having no apparent reason to even be using your processor at all, is getting old.

or a function that turns off the LEDs after a certain time

This would be really helpful.

I would like the keyboard and mouse lights to turn off when the computer goes to sleep or some kind of inactivity timeout.

As it is now I use Fn-5 and set it to per-key to black out the keyboard when I'm done for a while.

• Corsair Employee
I still have the original Corsair Scimitar and Void Wireless, will I not be able to configure them in the new iCue software ?? Will Corsair at least keep the iCue3 up and running or I'll have to switch to iCue4 and throw my peripherals in the trash?

Those devices are not going to be supported in iCUE 4 and it will only work in the previous iCUE 3.xx software.

question: Mine system was working fine in version 3. I have Gigabyte Z390I ITX board. It currently has Commander Pro plug into the only USB port. I also has corsair ICue H100i RGB Pro XT installed. Under version 3, everything shows up fine. However, when I install the new version 4. Nothing shows up. including Commander Pro. THis is a recently new SFX build, with new commander and new H100i.

My other main system installed the new version 4 without any issue. It has 2 commander Pro. H115i Platinum, multiple ML RGB Fan, light strip. It has no problem at all with new version 4.

did another test and it seems working.

1. If I kept the version 3 installed, and directly upgrade to version 4. None of the devices show up in version 4.

The solution was with version 3 installed. I exported my profile.

Uninstall version 3. Then install version 4. That seems to work.

The question is why migration failed? On my other system, I was able to install version 4 directly ontop of version 3. THe migration has no issue at all on that other system.

This would be really helpful.

I would like the keyboard and mouse lights to turn off when the computer goes to sleep or some kind of inactivity timeout.

As it is now I use Fn-5 and set it to per-key to black out the keyboard when I'm done for a while.

but how do you manage to set more than one key together? when I try it makes me choose one, and only one, button to change profile.

How do i set my devices to just use hardware lighting with this?

I want to save my RGB ram to hardware lighting, and then not have the software control it but it seems the moment i leave the hardware lighting selection it goes to software, even if nothing is entered there

I want to use hardware lighting only to reduce the CPU overhead, and keep things consistent when i reboot/quit icue

Those devices are not going to be supported in iCUE 4 and it will only work in the previous iCUE 3.xx software.

This is a BIG issue

We cant run the old and new icue together at the same time, so you're going to force users to throw away working hardware since we cant use new and old corsair devices together at the same time

Throw that one back up the food chain... anything supported in icue needs to remain supported in icue, UNLESS we can run both old and new software simultaneously like what happened with link/cue/icue

CPU usage is still a bit high for me - i run static lighting and static fan speeds so i'm not sure why its using so much CPU power to monitor things

(It's a 5800x that peaks to 5.05GHz - 2% of this CPU is still a lot of power)

bi6dss92c3.jpg

gjk9lvk7dm.jpg

I still really want a bunch of tickboxes for the various features so i can disable them

I dont need or want all the monitoring stuff, i dont need MSI motherboard services

For comparison my razer software running animations on my keyboard and razer ARGB controller in the same system is using 0.1% CPU - corsair using 10x the resources for less hardware needs some work

If you know how to go into your services in Windows go to the Corsair Msi Plugin Service and Stop it then disable and now it will not start with Icue and save you a lot of CPU usage... I'm using 0.5% now that i disabled that service only. I was at over 8% before that... I'm running a 9900k overclocked to 5.1 ghz.

UPDATE: I added a picture of my services to show you which one to disable!

HOW TO OPEN SERVICES ----- Press the Win + R keys on your keyboard, to open the Run window. Then, type “services. msc” and hit Enter or press OK

Hope this helps you guys!!! ;):

CORSAI.thumb.jpg.dad1ee78fc4538e6421bdfd3996a5227.jpg

Edited by cmatt099

I'm aware of how to disable services and i'm the one to originally show people how to remove some of the monitoring files to fix issues on the 3.x builds of icue.

The thing is, we have to re-do this every single update and we REALLY need a debloated app that lets us turn this crap off within it.

What does this MSI process that keeps being mentioned even do? Does it allow control of RGB lighting on MSI motherboards or something? Or is it just for monitoring? I have an MSI z490 Meg ace, so I’m curious what it’s supposed to do, assuming that this process works [or will eventually work]. Control of RGB lighting on MSI motherboards would be AWESOME because the MSI software you’re supposed to use for that (dragon center) is AWFUL to the point where no one actually uses it or even installs it.

Tried the ASUS plugin:

- I could control board's lights without any problem.

- ASUS Aura takes control of my G.Skilll RAM but cannot see or control its LED's in iCUE (that would be nice!). Installing ASUS Aura and enabling the plugin just broke any way to control my RAM using the G.Skilll app, only from Aura creator and it was crap.

In order to backpedal to be able to use my G.Skilll app these are the steps I tried:

1- Stop iCUE/Service, Disabling RAM in Aura Creator, close aura creator, restart iCUE/Service, later on cold reboot so LED's go to default. Still RAM is being controlled by ASUS Aura and cannot use the G.Skilll app.

2- Reinstalling the Gksill software. cold reboot, nothing.

3- Uninstalling ASUS's stuff. After uninstalling the plugin was still working. Turns out ASUS's uninstaller is garbage and left all services installed and running.

4- Manually removing all ASUS software installed all over the place + services. Disabling SDK and ASUS plugin from iCUE.

5- Cold reboot.

6- Finally could use my G.Skilll software agian. Back to square 1.

It is what it is. I would say ASUS's Aura is so broken is ridiculous. I don't think any of the described problems were related to iCUE, which actually worked fine.

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

So basically your saying tough **** to me when i spent good money on a decent mouse that still perfectly fine and i have to replace it to have support for it? Kind of a ****ty thing to do.