Corsair Community

Introducing the new CORSAIR iCUE (v4.X) - Megathread

Corsair Nick

Goodday,

i've installed the new iCue4 software and have seen 2 problems:

1. My K55 RGB cannot use the new scenes. All other devices i use can, but the dot for

using a scene is not visible for my K55 (altough he is supported). What can i do?

2. Is have installed Asus Armory but never started it up and disabled all services. But after quiting the iCue software he instantly generating an error:

Aac3572DramHal_x64.exe error

Can't open AsIO3.sys!!

Failed with error code 5: Acces is denied.

Do i need to do other things?

Thank in advance! :)

• Corsair Employee
Fed up restarting icue 4 usually multiple times because the program causes my Dominator RGB RAM animation to lock in place and you end up with a red triangle on the RAM only so that I have no control over it.

Exiting the program causes the RAM to resume the animation and then I have to start icue 4 again and hope on the next launch it doesn't lockup the RAM again, may get lucky on the first launch but usually it takes multiple attempts.

This was never an issue in v3, not even once.

Goodday,

1. My K55 RGB cannot use the new scenes. All other devices i use can, but the dot for

using a scene is not visible for my K55 (altough he is supported). What can i do?

2. Is have installed Asus Armory but never started it up and disabled all services. But after quiting the iCue software he instantly generating an error:

Can't open AsIO3.sys!!

Sorry to hear that, are you able to provide more information on what system specs you have? Have you done a clean installation of iCUE4? If not follow this guide and remember to save the profiles you want to keep.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE

• Corsair Employee
Goodday,

Can't open AsIO3.sys!!

I am looking into the issue with the K55 and the Scenes to see if this is intended or of its a bug. As for the other issues those are directly related to Armoury Crate. If you disabled the Armoury Crate services and kept them from running this could be the causes as they need to run in order for the Asus plugin to be able to connect to and control the Asus Motherboard and GPU RGB. If you wish for that control you will need to re-enable the services and just not open up the Armoury Crate software. If you do not wish to have the RGB integration with your Asus motherboard and/or GPU you will need to disable plugins in the iCUE software.

Edit: After reaching out to the team we have confirmed that the K55 along with the Vengeance LED, Vengeance RGB, Dark Core RGB, Dark Cor RGB SE, K55 RGB Pro, and K57 keyboard when wireless does not support Scenes.

Edited by Corsair Notepad

I am looking into the issue with the K55 and the Scenes to see if this is intended or of its a bug. As for the other issues those are directly related to Armoury Crate. If you disabled the Armoury Crate services and kept them from running this could be the causes as they need to run in order for the Asus plugin to be able to connect to and control the Asus Motherboard and GPU RGB. If you wish for that control you will need to re-enable the services and just not open up the Armoury Crate software. If you do not wish to have the RGB integration with your Asus motherboard and/or GPU you will need to disable plugins in the iCUE software.

Edit: After reaching out to the team we have confirmed that the K55 along with the Vengeance LED, Vengeance RGB, Dark Core RGB, Dark Cor RGB SE, K55 RGB Pro, and K57 keyboard when wireless does not support Scenes.

Hello and Thank you.

Ive put back up the asus services again and it worked.

For the answer of my K55 keyboard i dont understand. I also cannot link the same lightning effects to it. When i use the option lighting link, all devices including my asus mb and gpu are linked except the k55rgb keyboard. So basically i cannot set one profile for al my devices. Thats not nice.. do i need to downgrade to the old icue?

I believed that this had been posted previously. Though going back to look for it yesterday I could not find it. Please forgive me if this is redundant.

After upgrading to Icue 4. I added an additional commander pro. Though I was not able to change the name of the device has I had with my other devices previously in V3.

Is this functionality present and I'm simply not finding it? Or was the ability to name devices removed from V4?

Here is a suggestion to the developer team.

Please make the taskbar icon vectorial so it can resize well if you change monitor resolution.

Since is a bitmap right now, if you switch resolutions many times, the icon blurs out.

attachment.php?attachmentid=40840&stc=1&d=1617063361

2021-03-30_02-13-22.jpg.0963ef12606b66a7b59c5e686d95a96a.jpg

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

I believed that this had been posted previously. Though going back to look for it yesterday I could not find it. Please forgive me if this is redundant.

After upgrading to Icue 4. I added an additional commander pro. Though I was not able to change the name of the device has I had with my other devices previously in V3.

Is this functionality present and I'm simply not finding it? Or was the ability to name devices removed from V4?

I asked about renaming devices many pages ago in this thread , I presume from the wall of silence from the devs that they have no answer :mad:

throw it out and buy a device with the name you like?

Oh someone work up with funny mode on ?

Would guess you are a single device owner , its annoying when you have - in my case - Virtuoso SE but dongle is marked as (2) and K100 which has only been connected once also marked with a (2).

There was a simple way to rename devices in Icue 3 , is it so hard to have same functionality - for a very basic task - in this alleged upgrade.

Instead we seem to have a dumbed down version of the old version of this software which on a side note seems to be putting owners - not me so not my gripe - of certain Corsair products unable to " upgrade " , heck even Logi supports using LGS while using newer ghub at the same time so you can run old and new products together.

Oh someone work up with funny mode on ?

Would guess you are a single device owner , its annoying when you have - in my case - Virtuoso SE but dongle is marked as (2) and K100 which has only been connected once also marked with a (2).

There was a simple way to rename devices in Icue 3 , is it so hard to have same functionality - for a very basic task - in this alleged upgrade.

Instead we seem to have a dumbed down version of the old version of this software which on a side note seems to be putting owners - not me so not my gripe - of certain Corsair products unable to " upgrade " , heck even Logi supports using LGS while using newer ghub at the same time so you can run old and new products together.

Ah no, i'm one of the sufferers of the same problem and i'm salty that none of the issues are getting fixed

abandonded devices, large amounts of useless bloat, devices vanishing and coming back with (1) (2) and so on after them... isn't it FUN?

I asked about renaming devices many pages ago in this thread , I presume from the wall of silence from the devs that they have no answer :mad:

Did you try renaming the devices by editing "c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE4\config.cuecfg" file? Make sure the app is not running when you are making the changes.

Did you try renaming the devices by editing "c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE4\config.cuecfg" file? Make sure the app is not running when you are making the changes.

Thanks for that . I went through that wall of text but could not see what to change so i removed the file and let it re-create . That seems to have " fixed " my (1)'s etc and all my profiles seem to still be working.

Any reason why deleting it would have been a bad idea ?

Ah no, i'm one of the sufferers of the same problem and i'm salty that none of the issues are getting fixed

abandonded devices, large amounts of useless bloat, devices vanishing and coming back with (1) (2) and so on after them... isn't it FUN?

:D: , See my other reply re renaming

Thanks for that . I went through that wall of text but could not see what to change so i removed the file and let it re-create . That seems to have " fixed " my (1)'s etc and all my profiles seem to still be working.

Any reason why deleting it would have been a bad idea ?

You could use search & replace with some smart editor like Notepad++ or VS Code.

The lines you are looking for:

"<value name="DeviceName">LIGHTING NODE CORE (1)</value>"

So search for DeviceName and edit the names where needed.

You could use search & replace with some smart editor like Notepad++ or VS Code.

The lines you are looking for:

"<value name="DeviceName">LIGHTING NODE CORE (1)</value>"

So search for DeviceName and edit the names where needed.

Thanks again , I seem to have multiple entries for the same hardware but just renamed the relevant one's and that's sorted the issue :)

Installed iCUESetup_4.9.350

I currently have a K70, Scimitar Pro RGB Mouse and H115i

It doesn't recognise the mouse or the H115i.

Tried uninstalling, complete clean with CCleaner reboot pc, reinstall from fresh same issue. Picks up Keyboard but no mouse or H115i

Uninstalled again, installed iCUESetup_3.38.61 and bang everything showing up without problem.

• Corsair Employee
Hello and Thank you.

Ive put back up the asus services again and it worked.

For the answer of my K55 keyboard i dont understand. I also cannot link the same lightning effects to it. When i use the option lighting link, all devices including my asus mb and gpu are linked except the k55rgb keyboard. So basically i cannot set one profile for al my devices. Thats not nice.. do i need to downgrade to the old icue?

The new SCENES are more indepth and those devices are not ARGB devices that allow for per LED lighting and therefore are not compatible with the new SCENES feature in iCUE 4. You can still use the software to setup custom lighting effects on your K55 but you will not be able to utilize the one button SCENES effects.

We have brought this up with the developers and are waiting to hear back as to if this is intended or something overlooked. At this time though you are not able to rename the devices that show up in the device list of iCUE.

The Hue integration is pretty useless. Seems to be only one way and forces rgb rainbow on everything at first. I can't even set a scene from the Hue Hub that I synced it to - why is that? I have a ton of scenes already created there.

We do not pull data, or have access to the data/saved profiles in your HUE app. If you wish to use your custom scenes you setup in the Philips HUE app then you will need to utilize that app in order to do so.

Installed iCUESetup_4.9.350

I currently have a K70, Scimitar Pro RGB Mouse and H115i

It doesn't recognise the mouse or the H115i.

Tried uninstalling, complete clean with CCleaner reboot pc, reinstall from fresh same issue. Picks up Keyboard but no mouse or H115i

Uninstalled again, installed iCUESetup_3.38.61 and bang everything showing up without problem.

Mind providing the part number for the mouse and cooler? It would be the alphanumeric string on the tag located on the cable by the USB connector that reads something like CH-9000091-NA. For the cooler its going to be located on the stickers on the end-cap of the radiator and look something like CW-9060027-WW.

We have brought this up with the developers and are waiting to hear back as to if this is intended or something overlooked. At this time though you are not able to rename the devices that show up in the device list of iCUE.

Not strictly correct , the method from jetSerge above about editing the config.cuecfg file worked correctly albeit you need to shutdown icue and make the change before starting it back up

:D:

• Corsair Employee

Not strictly correct , the method from jetSerge above about editing the config.cuecfg file worked correctly albeit you need to shutdown icue and make the change before starting it back up

:D:

Manually editing configuration files is done at your own risk and it is not something we advise or recommend.

Manually editing configuration files is done at your own risk and it is not something we advise or recommend.

Fair enough.

Then again if this had been tested and validated by someone , ANYONE before releasing something which is Alpha at best there would not be as many issues or missing features in something that has been released as a " finished " product :p:

Manually editing configuration files.... scratch scratch scratch... [installing iCUE 4] is done at your own risk and it is not something we advise or recommend :D:

First versions of a major build are always dodgy. It's fine to wait for early bugs to be ironed out ;) Just what i do since i only use iCUE on my work laptop. wonkiness is not welcome!

We do not pull data, or have access to the data/saved profiles in your HUE app. If you wish to use your custom scenes you setup in the Philips HUE app then you will need to utilize that app in order to do so.

Upon setting it up in v4, it prompted me to authorize it by connecting to the Hub. Every other scene manager app I've used allows that by reading the scenes available on the Hue Hub. Is this something the team didn't want to do? I guess then you'd have to somehow match the other components (keyboard, mouse, memory, fan etc) to the Hue scene too.

Overall I'm going to hold off on this upgrade and stay on v3. Even if it's because I don't feel like learning a completely new UI/UX. Took long enough to figure v3 out.