Corsair Community

Zottys Corsair 5000x Faq Guide

Zotty

Do we know if the PSU shroud is removable?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey zotty! I joined to ask you a few question because you seem to be the only person that can answer! I recently decided to do a custom loop on my computer. I will be using the hydro series cooling components to include XD5 pump, XC7 cpu block, and XG7. I will be paring that with a 5000x case, 9 SP120 RGB fans, and a MSI Z490-A Pro motherboard. Is there anyway you can come up with a diagram showing me how to run the 9 fans power/RGB and all of the pump power/RGB? I want to be able to control all of it through ICUE software! Thanks I’m advance! 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 2:23 AM, Dylan Grubbs said:

Hey zotty! I joined to ask you a few question because you seem to be the only person that can answer! I recently decided to do a custom loop on my computer. I will be using the hydro series cooling components to include XD5 pump, XC7 cpu block, and XG7. I will be paring that with a 5000x case, 9 SP120 RGB fans, and a MSI Z490-A Pro motherboard. Is there anyway you can come up with a diagram showing me how to run the 9 fans power/RGB and all of the pump power/RGB? I want to be able to control all of it through ICUE software! Thanks I’m advance! 

Hi buddy and Welcome aboard..

i will see what i can sort for you. may take me a few days as work is hectic at the moment.. 

• 1 month later...

Hi All..  Updated Diagram for Corsairs 10 fan cases using both the Commander Cor XT and a Corsair H150i Elite AIO

1225313492_XT10fanelitesetup.thumb.png.6b0324439ab2ac5f3bf0d06ca2ce2dbb.png

• 4 weeks later...

I have the 5000D Corsair Case, and want to get a GPU cable extension for my Graphics card, so that it does not cover up my pcie slots on the Asus motherboard.  But I am unsure of which Corsair or cable or other brand would work with that case.  Does anyone have a link to the correct cable, as Corsair is rather vague as to which one will work with this case.

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased a 5000x and have the iCue H150i Elite 360mm cooler. I'd also like to add a fan in the back of the case to cover that fan slot. The 3 fans on the front are intake and the 3 fans on the rad rad will be on top as an exhaust. Would you recommend the back fan be an intake or exhaust?

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I am new here and skimmed the thread but didn't see my question answered..  Apologies if it was, and I missed it.

Will the high-airflow top for (5000D) fit on the 5000X case?   I'd like to get one, install some fans, so I can pop it on the top of my case, and have push-pull rads..   (I got a hankerin' to chew up this 5800x since I'm seeing 5950x going on sale)

Hello, I’ve recently used this case and have 7 fans 6 of which are connected to a 6 way hub, the 7th fan I have installed onto the lightning node core and the fan header onto the board, the 7th fan rbg does not work/come up on ique 

im using a usb splitter for both hubs could this be the issue ? 

5 hours ago, reallivedinosaur said:

Hi all, I am new here and skimmed the thread but didn't see my question answered..  Apologies if it was, and I missed it.

Will the high-airflow top for (5000D) fit on the 5000X case?   I'd like to get one, install some fans, so I can pop it on the top of my case, and have push-pull rads..   (I got a hankerin' to chew up this 5800x since I'm seeing 5950x going on sale)

Yes

And the Wife moves out of her (my lol) 570x into the 5000x. more pics to follow along with a 13 Fan, H150i Elite/Commander Core XT combo Diagram

20220314_125141.thumb.jpg.510a818d711f83d2c3106317bbb0699e.jpg

Concept for the above build.  13 8 LED Fans (6 ML Elite and 7 SP Elite)

LhjGAUw.png

Stating a new 5000x build today with the intent of 10 fans + the AIO w/ LCD.  I have read through this thread and awhile amazing, may have confused me more (that's a me issue as this is my 2nd build ever and first had very little RBG and only 6 fans.

I purchased a commander core xt just in case and a pack of SP elites that come with the lighting core.  My MB only has 2 USB 2.0 headers.  Will I need a USB hub like the nzxt to make this work?

On 4/2/2022 at 2:29 PM, kevinranders said:

Stating a new 5000x build today with the intent of 10 fans + the AIO w/ LCD.  I have read through this thread and awhile amazing, may have confused me more (that's a me issue as this is my 2nd build ever and first had very little RBG and only 6 fans.

I purchased a commander core xt just in case and a pack of SP elites that come with the lighting core.  My MB only has 2 USB 2.0 headers.  Will I need a USB hub like the nzxt to make this work?

Hi Buddy.

Depends how many USB headers your motherboard has mainly..

and as for confused.. we can fix that.. ask any questions you have 🙂 

Thanks Zotty.  I think I have it figured it out.   I have two USB 2.0 headers.   This is what I have done:

AIO fans and rear exhaust fan into the CoCore that came with the AIO.  Then those USB connections connected to 1 of the USB 2.0 headers with the Y splitter that came with the AIO

The Front 3 and Side 3 fans are connected into a separate CoCore XT and then that is plugged into the 2nd USB 2.0 header.

33 minutes ago, kevinranders said:

Thanks Zotty.  I think I have it figured it out.   I have two USB 2.0 headers.   This is what I have done:

AIO fans and rear exhaust fan into the CoCore that came with the AIO.  Then those USB connections connected to 1 of the USB 2.0 headers with the Y splitter that came with the AIO

The Front 3 and Side 3 fans are connected into a separate CoCore XT and then that is plugged into the 2nd USB 2.0 header.

yay.. so all sorted? 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Zotty said:

yay.. so all sorted? 🙂 

I can say, potentially.   Today is PSU connections and then ultimately the first power up (and all that comes with that).  So I guess my honest answer would be, I hope so!

1 hour ago, Zotty said:

yay.. so all sorted? 🙂 

LOL spoke too soon.  I can't get my top mounted AIO to even fit back after hooking up this massively unflexible PSU cables that came with the 850 PSU, I Mean I can but it puts a TON of pressure on the cables and the board.  SO I guess I will order more flexible cables...

2 hours ago, kevinranders said:

LOL spoke too soon.  I can't get my top mounted AIO to even fit back after hooking up this massively unflexible PSU cables that came with the 850 PSU, I Mean I can but it puts a TON of pressure on the cables and the board.  SO I guess I will order more flexible cables...

so.. any reason you want it up top?.. i am a fan of front mounted (or side mounted), do them as intake and also run the top fans as intake.. i did this with the 500 series and the 5000 series.. works well...

20220324_203523.png

31 minutes ago, Zotty said:

so.. any reason you want it up top?.. i am a fan of front mounted (or side mounted), do them as intake and also run the top fans as intake.. i did this with the 500 series and the 5000 series.. works well...

If being honest, I watched a guide and that is where they did it.  Front and side as intake, top and rear as exhaust.  If I move to front as intake and the top as intake - do you have the side and rear as exhaust?  With heat rising, would front intake, side intake, top exhaust and back exhaust work?

You can forget about heat rising as soon as fans are involved 🙂 heat rises too slowly, fans will push air wherever you want it to go.

You can fit your AIO wherever you like as long as the pump isn't the highest element. So, side intake, front intake, you're golden.

Top exhaust is the worst is you have a somewhat powerful GPU as it can heat up the water quite a bit (hence flip to intake if you put the radiator up there).

a typical setup would be what Zotty showed, or the same with top exhaust

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/26/2022 at 7:02 AM, Zotty said:

Concept for the above build.  13 8 LED Fans (6 ML Elite and 7 SP Elite)

LhjGAUw.png

Could someone let me know which Corsair hub the push/pull rad config is connected to please?
It's my first build and I am getting really confused about what I need to connect all my Corsair RGB devices and non-Corsair RGB devices, so I can control everything in iCue.

@Alan252525 Zotty's diagram shows him using a Commander Core XT to connect the six RGB fans he used for his push-pull set up.  Here is a link to the Commander Core XT on Corsair's store site...  Commander Core XT

A second Commander Core XT would be used for more RGB fans etc.

Edited by Latharion
Added more info
  • Like 1