Corsair Community

Zottys Corsair 5000x Faq Guide

Zotty

17 hours ago, Latharion said:

@Alan252525 Zotty's diagram shows him using a Commander Core XT to connect the six RGB fans he used for his push-pull set up.  Here is a link to the Commander Core XT on Corsair's store site...  Commander Core XT

A second Commander Core XT would be used for more RGB fans etc.

Thank You 🙂 

On 9/18/2022 at 1:44 AM, Latharion said:

@Alan252525 Zotty's diagram shows him using a Commander Core XT to connect the six RGB fans he used for his push-pull set up.  Here is a link to the Commander Core XT on Corsair's store site...  Commander Core XT

A second Commander Core XT would be used for more RGB fans etc.

@Zotty   The hub which is connecting the push/pull set up looks like a Commander Core in the diagram and the Commander Core XT hub is connecting to the side/top/rear fan set up. I am looking at a similar set up but wanted to double check I have everything I need.

On the side & top fans would these be used as exhaust fans?

Where should the CPU cooler radiator be placed?

Looking to run 9 fans total on a 5000x, 3 ll120s front intake 3 side ll120s intake and two ll120s top exhaust and one ll120 at the back. I have a LNP with 4 RGB strips and a Commander pro with the 6 fan hub that the 3 pack Ll120s came with. I have a RM750i hooked up to 2 drives with sata and the rest for the rgb stuff. I have a couple questions to go with this.

1. I am primarily purchasing a new case because my 570x is not really that good for airflow... Given my setup, will the 5000x offer a noticeable improvement in GPU temps? My gpu drops 6c when I remove the front and side panel (TUF 3080). This is with my current 6 ll120s at 1200rpm. I have a NZXT 240mm AIO im mounting to the top.

2. Given my PSU and the two drives taking up the SATA, will I have enough SATA power connectors for whatever is needed to power 9 ll120s?

3. Can someone tell me what the most efficient way of setting up these 9 ll120s given what I already have? I want full RPM control and RGB control and preferably in sequence.

4. Is my desired fan configuration on the case helping or impeding GPU temperatures? I hear its a mixed bag on the side intakes.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey!

I just built my first watercooled PC with the following parts:

Case: iCUE 5000X RGB

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Wifi

CPU: AMD 5900X

CPU Cooler: XC7 Waterblock

GPU: NVIDIA 3070

GPU Cooler: XG7 30 Series 

Memory:  Vengeance RGB Pro

Radiators: 2 XR5 360mm 

Pump: XD5

Fans: 10 QL120 RGBs

I have 3 fans pulling in from the front of the case, 3 fans on a vertically mounted radiator pulling in from the side,  3 fans on a horizontally mounted radiator exhausting up through the top, and 1 fan exhausting out from the back of the case. 

My build was modeled after and looks nearly identical to the watercooled build on the 5000X sales page.

(https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Mid-Tower-ATX-Cases/iCUE-5000X-RGB-Tempered-Glass-Mid-Tower-ATX-PC-Smart-Case/p/CC-9011213-WW

What’s the best way to hook all this up to have full control over all the RGB of each individual part (watercool blocks, pump. fans, etc) and speed control over each fan? I don't mind having the fans grouped together by location if that's the only way. I'm just kind of stuck/confused here with all the wiring options. 

Is there any chance you could make a wiring diagram of my setup with the ideal way to wire it up? That would help tremendously.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!

Edited by SupremeDuende44

On 10/25/2022 at 2:41 AM, SupremeDuende44 said:

Hey!

I just built my first watercooled PC with the following parts:

Case: iCUE 5000X RGB

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Wifi

CPU: AMD 5900X

CPU Cooler: XC7 Waterblock

GPU: NVIDIA 3070

GPU Cooler: XG7 30 Series 

Memory:  Vengeance RGB Pro

Radiators: 2 XR5 360mm 

Pump: XD5

Fans: 10 QL120 RGBs

I have 3 fans pulling in from the front of the case, 3 fans on a vertically mounted radiator pulling in from the side,  3 fans on a horizontally mounted radiator exhausting up through the top, and 1 fan exhausting out from the back of the case. 

My build was modeled after and looks nearly identical to the watercooled build on the 5000X sales page.

(https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Mid-Tower-ATX-Cases/iCUE-5000X-RGB-Tempered-Glass-Mid-Tower-ATX-PC-Smart-Case/p/CC-9011213-WW

What’s the best way to hook all this up to have full control over all the RGB of each individual part (watercool blocks, pump. fans, etc) and speed control over each fan? I don't mind having the fans grouped together by location if that's the only way. I'm just kind of stuck/confused here with all the wiring options. 

Is there any chance you could make a wiring diagram of my setup with the ideal way to wire it up? That would help tremendously.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!

hey buddy., sorry for delay man..  work has been hectic...

how far along with this are you?

I have a 5000X and am getting in components almost daily and about ready to begin assembly. I have a few questions about powering and linking all my fans and devices.  Here's what I have (or will be getting:

Corsair 5000X case

ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero MB

Intel i9 13900KF CPU

Trident Z51 DDR5 RAM 2X32MB

Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 W ATX 3.0 PSU

ASUS Tuf Gaming 3090Ti video card

Corsair H150i CPU AIO w/ Commander Core

Corsair Commander Pro

I have purchased 2 3-packs of the 120mm LL fans plus 1 extra for the rear case fan. My intention is to move the 3 SP fans from the front intake to the side intake and put 3 LL fans on the front panel, move the ML fans on the AIO to the top as suckers and put 3 LL fans on the AIO bottom as pushers. A total of 13 fans. If I eliminated the ML fans altogether the 10 fan diagram would work as-is. As long as I have the ML fans I might ass well use them--don't imagine I'll pick up a huge cooling increase with a push/pull setup anyway.

I've looked at the 10 fan diagram and can see a 13 fan layout would be similar except for the 1 orphan rear case fan. Can I use a Y-splitter with one of the AIO fans to add the 13th fan, or can I connect the 13th fan to one of the fan hubs that came with the case? If I don't connect anything to the fan and RGB hubs in the case, can they be removed without hurting anything?

I can see I could connect the rear case fan to the MB and control its rpm by the MB, but I don't see how to control the fan's RGB from the MB.

Thanks for any guidance or suggestions.

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2021 at 5:20 PM, Zotty said:

Hi buddy... you only get a Commander Core with the Elite cooler... you get a Lighting Node Core with the Case and also a PWM Repeater... this should be everything you need..

Commander Core Controls up to 6 fans RGB and RPM

Lighting Node Core controls the RGB of up to 6 more fans.

and the PWM Repeater will turn one of the Commander Cores PWM headers in 6 cloned PWM headers.

Hi Zotty, 

I also just bought the 5000x for my first build

I have the H150i Elite LCD AIO

I have zero experience with this so obviously completely lost,  but I do want to have the same fan setup as this guy.

3 front and 3 side as intake

Push pull setup on the rad top mounted as exhaust

and one more in the rear as exhaust

is there a diagram for how to actually wire the configuration you've outlined above?

I'd like to be able to control the colour of all the fans individually but for the speed of all the fans could I maybe group them together to say control them all in 4 groups 

Group 1: Front 3 intake

Group 2: Side 3 Intake

Group 3: AIO 6 fans push/pull Exhaust

Group 4: Rear Exhaust fan

If anyone can help me figure this out it seems to be you.

Hope you can help me buddy.

Thanks

• 5 months later...

@Zotty

Hey buddy!  Hats off to you for making such a wonderful resource for this case and Corsair RGB devices.  I'm building a new PC for the first time in near a decade and have just a single question on your 13-Fan diagram.  The diagram shows needing a 'PDT 3pin to 4pin RGB Adapter' to connect up the rear exhaust fan to the Commander Core XT.  I have searched for this exact phrase and find a plethora of different cables ranging from a couple of bucks to over $12!  Can  you advise me on what exact adapter this is and perhaps post or send me a link?

Thanks again buddy for taking the time to put together such an awesome collection of details and information for us all!

Best regards

The 13th fan is the odd one out with 6 fan max per controller. There are two ways you can deal with that. 

1) RGB splitter - This pairs unlucky fan #13 with another fan on the same RGB port. They become twins and each will display the same effect at the same time. This doesn’t matter at all for static colors or inter-fan RGB effects. It will matter for sequential fan to fan effects that move through the controller from 1->6. The two twins will fire off as a pair. This makes the splitter a user situational decision. 

Example of a RGB fan splitter. 

2) A RGB fan to LED channel adapter - This connects the odd fan out to the LED channel on the Commander XT, Commander Pro, or Lighting Node Pro. You likely them need to trick CUE into generating the proper number of LEDs for the fan. Normally that’s not hard and there are Hydro X cpu/gpu blocks with 8 or 16 LEDs to match most fan led counts. Where it gets tricky is with QL fans and their dual sided 35 led nature. Either way, with a case full of QL fans this puts the last fan into a separate lighting group and it cannot do the same special effects as the other QL fans. 

Something like this should work. You would not use the motherboard style end of the splitter. Just the 3 pin into the led channel and then a single fan into the flat 4 pin Corsair female receiver. 

• 3 months later...

Still work in progress...

This was just all put together to test the components and verify functionality of everything.

I'm taking my time doing the cable management on the backside of the case.

Here are the specs of this build for those interested.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD XT
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E ACE EATX AM5 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory
Storage: Samsung 870 Evo 2 TB 2.5" SSD  (x6)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850X 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME  (x4)
Video Card: Asus TUF Gaming OG OC GeForce RTX 4090
Case: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB ATX
Power Supply: Corsair RM1000x Shift 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Case Fan: Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB ELITE  (x6) (Push/Pull on the AIO)
Case Fan: Corsair iCUE AF120 RGB ELITE  (x7) (Front/Side intake, rear exhaust)
Internal USB Hub:  Corsair Internal 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub
PWM/RGB Controller: CORSAIR iCUE COMMANDER CORE (Included with AIO)
PWM/RGB Controller: CORSAIR iCUE COMMANDER CORE XT (runs front/side case fans + power for rear fan via splitter)
PWM/RGB Controller: CORSAIR LIGHTING NODE CORE (runs RGB for rear fan only)
Keyboard: Corsair K100 AIR Wireless RGB Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Corsair DARKSTAR Bluetooth/Wireless Optical Mouse
Headphones: Corsair VOID RGB ELITE 7.1 Channel Headset
Stand: Corsair ST100 RGB Premium Headset Stand
Webcam: Logitech BRIO Ultra HD Pro Webcam
Misc: various cable extensions, splitters, adapters

This guide and community have been amazingly helpful with this 'Omega-Supreme' build!  (Thanks Zotty and everyone!)

Corsair 5000X RGB Build.jpg

Corsair 5000X RGB BuildBack.jpg

Corsair 5000X RGB BuildBack2.jpg