Corsair Community

iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX Faq and Setup Info

Zotty

Right now... just the ones that come with new 4000x case.. i am not aware of a Corsair 8 LED fan that is also PWM that you can buy off the shelves.. lets hope some come along soon. or they update firmware to to allow voltage controlled fans as SP Pro fans have 8 LED's but no PWM control (3 pin rather than 4 pin). or they update firmware to allow correct mixing of rgb fan types (this has been mentioned else where) Edited by Zotty

Hi, this may be slightly off topic, but the new Elite Capellix AIO's seem to be impossible to get a hold of where I am (Australia). I preordered an H100i Elite Capellix thru my local retailer in September, only for the ETA to be pushed back several times, with the most recent updated ETA being February 2021!!

The retailer says that Corsair have advised them there has been a recall with their coolers, so the redesigned coolers won't land in Australia until February.

Could somebody from Corsair shed some light on this please? My new 3700X × iCue 4000X build is only missing the AIO (well, that plus an RTX 3080)!! I don't want to settle for an older model Corsair AIO as my case choice was mainly made based on the included Commander Core module :(

Hi, this may be slightly off topic, but the new Elite Capellix AIO's seem to be impossible to get a hold of where I am (Australia). I preordered an H100i Elite Capellix thru my local retailer in September, only for the ETA to be pushed back several times, with the most recent updated ETA being February 2021!!

The retailer says that Corsair have advised them there has been a recall with their coolers, so the redesigned coolers won't land in Australia until February.

Could somebody from Corsair shed some light on this please? My new 3700X × iCue 4000X build is only missing the AIO (well, that plus an RTX 3080)!! I don't want to settle for an older model Corsair AIO as my case choice was mainly made based on the included Commander Core module :(

Curious mate, what retailer? Aussie here and haven't heard about a recall.

Curious mate, what retailer? Aussie here and haven't heard about a recall.

Hey mate. I've got my pre-order lined up with Scorptec here in Melbourne.

Every other major retailer I've checked with (PLE Computers, MWave, PCCaseGear, CentreCom, etc.) all have it on pre-order too :/

Know anywhere else I could try? Lol. I honestly didn't expect I'd be running the Wraith Prism for this long!!

I've finished building my system with the setup 2 option, thanks for your input on that. It works like a charm.

One thing to note though, you need quite some room in your case to house a commander pro, a commander core and one (or more) lighting cores.

The case I had, Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL is quite a big case but I was still struggling a bit to find some room to put the modules.

What I eventually did, was stacking the commander core on top of the commander pro and putting it in place of a 3.5 inch drive bay that I removed.

I also do not regret in any way not replacing the 3 ML fans that come with the Elite Capellix with QL's, which I was thinking about.

my case sits about 35 cm (about 14 inch) from the ground and it's not even high up enough to look into the rgb's when you mount the radiator at the top of your case, something to consider.

It's different when you put your case on top of your desk though.

Also, these fans are a bit more quiet compared to the QL's. I can leave them on balanced performance without hearing them at all.

The QL's do get a bit audible at balanced performance, so I left those on quiet.

Edited by Kylrad

Hey mate. I've got my pre-order lined up with Scorptec here in Melbourne.

Every other major retailer I've checked with (PLE Computers, MWave, PCCaseGear, CentreCom, etc.) all have it on pre-order too :/

Know anywhere else I could try? Lol. I honestly didn't expect I'd be running the Wraith Prism for this long!!

Interesting, Scorptec aren't usually full of it but I haven't heard anything from any others either. Couple of others you might wanna check (from my 3080 launch list heh) - Umart, Computer Alliance, maybe even have a look through staticice.com.au (handy when hunting parts for the best price at retailers).

Picked up a Wraith Prism for the VR rig a couple of weeks back, honestly not as impressed as I expected to be with the general consensus being that it was a solid little cooler.

Interesting, Scorptec aren't usually full of it but I haven't heard anything from any others either. Couple of others you might wanna check (from my 3080 launch list heh) - Umart, Computer Alliance, maybe even have a look through staticice.com.au (handy when hunting parts for the best price at retailers).

Picked up a Wraith Prism for the VR rig a couple of weeks back, honestly not as impressed as I expected to be with the general consensus being that it was a solid little cooler.

Yeah, Scorptec and PLE are my usual go-to's for parts, but unfortunately they've both pushed their ETA's to February 2021.

Thanks for the other suggestions, but no dice as well... They either don't even stock the H100i Elite Capellix, or they're also on pre-order lol :(

Looks like I'm gonna be using the Wraith Prism for a lot longer haha...

Yeah, Scorptec and PLE are my usual go-to's for parts, but unfortunately they've both pushed their ETA's to February 2021.

Thanks for the other suggestions, but no dice as well... They either don't even stock the H100i Elite Capellix, or they're also on pre-order lol :(

Looks like I'm gonna be using the Wraith Prism for a lot longer haha...

After the 30XX pricing debacle, I've shifted to PLE (and Umart due to proximity), for main purchases. PLE's service was above and beyond all else. Covid shipping and the like might be taking a pretty heavy toll on deliveries too (manufacture/shipment/warehousing/etc etc). Fingers crossed it pops up sooner!

Hi, apologies if I've missed the answer to this earlier in the thread but I'm still a little confused about mixing two different fan types on the Commander Core.

I intend to get the H150i Capellix as well as one QL fan. If it matters, the mobo is the MSI X570 Tomahawk Wifi.

First off, am I right to think that since the both the MLs and QL are PWM fans, they can be hooked up to the Commander Core and have speeds controlled via iCue without issue?

My second question is about lighting. From what I understand, there may be issues with syncing some of the more complex/dynamic lighting profiles when mixing fans with different #s of LEDs (firmware update pending?). I'm probably going to go with static single colours, or have 2 or 3-zone static colours. Would this be an issue in this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, apologies if I've missed the answer to this earlier in the thread but I'm still a little confused about mixing two different fan types on the Commander Core.

I intend to get the H150i Capellix as well as one QL fan. If it matters, the mobo is the MSI X570 Tomahawk Wifi.

First off, am I right to think that since the both the MLs and QL are PWM fans, they can be hooked up to the Commander Core and have speeds controlled via iCue without issue?

My second question is about lighting. From what I understand, there may be issues with syncing some of the more complex/dynamic lighting profiles when mixing fans with different #s of LEDs (firmware update pending?). I'm probably going to go with static single colours, or have 2 or 3-zone static colours. Would this be an issue in this situation?

Thanks in advance.

all spot and and looks like you have a good hang on the situation.

yes both are pwm and yes the Commander Core will control them fine.

and yes. spot on with how the rgb control will work out currently. will work for those needs.

Good luck on your quest

• Confused 1

all spot and and looks like you have a good hang on the situation.

yes both are pwm and yes the Commander Core will control them fine.

and yes. spot on with how the rgb control will work out currently. will work for those needs.

Good luck on your quest

Awesome, thank you! Much appreciated.

• Corsair Employee

Hello, I just want to address this as there is no recall on the Elite Capellix Coolers. I will circle back around and provide information if it's available to me regarding the Australian market and the CORSAIR Elite Capellix Coolers availability.

Hello, I just want to address this as there is no recall on the Elite Capellix Coolers. I will circle back around and provide information if it's available to me regarding the Australian market and the CORSAIR Elite Capellix Coolers availability.

Thanks for that Update sir... that myth was gaining ground

Hi buddy...

Every thing seems to set right in iCUE.

What fans do you have attached to it?

not seen that diagram before.. not one of mine.

I have 3 Ql fans attached to commander core, and 6 Ql fans attached to commander pro. Commander core is connected to commander pro via usb

EDT: I can control the fans on commander pro fine and also control all the RGB on all 9 fans fine as well

ok.. try a forced firmware update on it in settings and also try it on another usb header if possible. my next advice is to open a support ticket.

Okay I will try another usb header when I get the chance. Just a question, are there any negative implications with allowing the fans to run at their current state?

Okay I will try another usb header when I get the chance. Just a question, are there any negative implications with allowing the fans to run at their current state?

Noise would be the main complaint.. PC should be nice and cool though lol.. imho.. need to get it sorted...

Noise would be the main complaint.. PC should be nice and cool though lol.. imho.. need to get it sorted...

Hey Zotty, sorry copying my post from the other thread

Wait no I was wrong. Its still working but not because of the usb header. I just realized that I had the fans connected to 4, 5 and 6 ports instead of 123. I went back and changed it to 1, 2 and 3 ports and the original problems occured. But when I switched it to back to 456 its fine again. I have full control whiles its on 456. Will this be okay?

dww8jVh.png

I was wondering if you could help me out with some of the issues i have with my new H150I Elite Capellix that i bought 4 days ago.

My fans are being controlled by ICUE since i have installed this new water cooler, but for some reason the fans are extremely slow at speeding up or speeding down.

If my CPU becomes 80 degrees within a split second, the fans take 46 seconds to speed up to the desired fan speed at that temperature.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

The Pump of the H150I Elite Capellix is extremely noisy and even at quiet its louder than my fans while i play a game.

I have never heard any noise from a water cooler pump before and my old water cooler (the liquidmaster 240) was forced at 100% and made absolutely no noise.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

My fans also dont always listen to profile changes for some reason, i had changed all of the fans to my custom profile 2 which told them to go to 90% fan speed, every single fan stood still at 650RPM no matter what i did this would not change.

I have also noticed that ICUE completely crashes during cinebench and everything stops working correctly from there on.

I cant disable software mode because the only sensor that would be there is the water cooling temperature, i need to set it to my CPU temps to make it cool as soon as it goes under load.

There is no way to set the fan speed based off the gpu and cpu temps, i want to be able to set the temps based off the highest temp of these 2 sensors in a curve.

Could you maybe help me out with solving these issues?

Edited by Rickje159