Corsair Community

H100i Platinum SE disconnects every 30 seconds since i upgraded my Scimitar Pro RGB to an Elite Wireless

Hi folks,

First post here, i hesitated between Icue troubleshooting and hardware troubleshooting, feel free to tell me if it belongs somewhere else. Also, english isn't my first language, so bare with me.

2 or 3 weeks ago, the wheel of my Scimitar pro RGB broke. Since it also started to show signs of heavy usage, i decided to upgrade to an Elite Wireless. When i plugged the wireless plug in my computer, i started noticing the sound of something disconnecting. At first i thought it was because i had plugged it to the usb of my screen, so i plugged it directly to my computer. Then i tried unplugging other devices. Issue persisted. After a while, i realized that the RGB of my corsair AIO was also resetting. Low and behold, that's my AIO which is disconnecting. 

I first thought i might need to reinstall iCue since i know it's a finicky software. Didn't help. I tried to update the AIO, it went worse. After troubleshooting an AIO that failed to upgrade (and was going full blast), i managed to make it work again. Except it's still disconnecting.

Since i had a fan that was randomly not showing RGB and/or staying red sometimes, and i had a pair of SP120 lying around, i decided to change the fans. RGB works on both now ! but they still disconnect, aswell as the pump. I tried to change the pump from internal usb1 to internal usb2. No luck. I Also tried to remove a lot of devices as during my research, i learned about the AMD thing where usb is data/power limited.

Weirdly enough, if i disable all RGB in iCue, the fan and pump stops disconnecting. The moment i turn RGB on again, it starts again. So right now i have a "functionning" AIO without RGB.

an anyone here help troubleshoot this further ? I'm running out of ideas.

My rig :

PCPartPicker Part List: https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/DmVjKX

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming X ATX AM4 Motherboard  
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 SATA Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive 
Storage: PNY XLR8 CS3030 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive 
Video Card: Gainward Phantom Reunion GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card  
Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 ATX Mid Tower Case  
Power Supply: Corsair RM750x (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply