Corsair Community

iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX Faq and Setup Info

Zotty

I just received my 1000D case. I plan on installing all 8 fans on the front, the H115E Elite Capellix on the top drawer and my RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid (cooler) on the back. Total fans for RGB would be 8 120mm ML Pro in the front, two 140mm on the CPU cooler, one 140mm in the other top drawer spot, and two 120mm fans on the GPU cooler. Any diagrams for how I would wire this using the commander pro (on the case) and the commander cores. I think with the fan purchase, I'll have a total of 4 fan cores + the commander.

I just received my 1000D case. I plan on installing all 8 fans on the front, the H115E Elite Capellix on the top drawer and my RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid (cooler) on the back. Total fans for RGB would be 8 120mm ML Pro in the front, two 140mm on the CPU cooler, one 140mm in the other top drawer spot, and two 120mm fans on the GPU cooler. Any diagrams for how I would wire this using the commander pro (on the case) and the commander cores. I think with the fan purchase, I'll have a total of 4 fan cores + the commander.

Hi buddy.

might be worth reading my 1000d build guide first... i did that build a number of ways including use of an AIO up to dual custom loops.

I would use the Commander core just for your rad fans and 2 rear exhuast fans and use the 1000D commander Pro for the front 8 fans.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180073

Might also be worth reading the RGB faq so you know what devices are what

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

not sure what you mean by Fan cores.. but i suspect as you said ML RGB fans.. you mean RGB Fan LED Hubs and not Lighting Cores.. both do a similar job.. both are connected in different ways.

Good luck on your quest :) .. Holla if needed

Edited by Zotty

Running now a h100i rgb platinum with 6 ll fans 4 led strips

when i upgrade to a H150i ELITE is it then still possible to connect the led strips?

Hi Buddy.

How do you have your strips connected at the moment?.

I assume you have a Lighting Node Pro? which would remain in place when you swap AIO's.

Note. there is no way to connect strips to the Commander Core that is supplied with the elite cooler..

Hi mate.

indeed Lighting node pro connected to the led hub, with commander core the lighting node works as a stand alone?

yeah the Commander Core and The Node Pro are stand alone units.. you will need 2 x 9pin internal usb headers...

Quick question....If I'm using the Commander Core that came with the H115 Capellix to control the radiator fans, pump, and one additional 140mm fan, and based on Zotty's recommendation that I use the Commander Pro that came with my 1000D Obsidian case to control the front 8 120mm fans, do I do 2 to 1 splitters for the fans into 4 of the fan ports on the Commander Pro and a RGB splitter to put each two fans on 1 RGB channel in Corsair RGB Hub connected to the remaining RGB port on the Commander Pro?

Quick question....If I'm using the Commander Core that came with the H115 Capellix to control the radiator fans, pump, and one additional 140mm fan, and based on Zotty's recommendation that I use the Commander Pro that came with my 1000D Obsidian case to control the front 8 120mm fans, do I do 2 to 1 splitters for the fans into 4 of the fan ports on the Commander Pro and a RGB splitter to put each two fans on 1 RGB channel in Corsair RGB Hub connected to the remaining RGB port on the Commander Pro?

Hey Buddy.

so.

Fan Power

yes.. 8 fans off of the commander pro for Fan Power is fine.. using 2 x PWM 'y' splitters (2:1).

RGB.

i would use 2 x RGB Fan LED hubs.. 4 fans on each.. and use RGB Fan LED Hub Splitters from Pirate Dog tech. 4 fans on left.. 4 fans on right.. each 'bank' of 4 will display the same RGB effects and sequential effects will play correctly also on the fans (example.. pong will travel up and down your front fans correctly.. in pairs.. side by side,, cloned as it were) hope this helps :)

OK, so just making sure I'm clear. Even though 2 RGB LED hubs will be used to control the bank of 8 fans, I'm going to use an RGB splitter to go into the remaining LED port on the Commander Pro? The other LED port on the Commander Pro is taken up be the Obsidian 1000D front panel LED.

Hi,

has anybody any data on how much it affects the airflow/performance of the h100i/h115i Elite Capellix when you change the MLs against QLs?

Thinking on doing it for my new build to have all the fans fit together, but only if there is now downside in cooling and noise.

Thanks!

Hey all,

My first build and I have researched this a bit but I am not sure 100%. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have the Asus Z490 E Gaming MOBO for my build and I am using the H150i. On the MOBO there is a connector titled called AOI_PUMP as well as CPU_FAN. I connected to the AOI_PUMP just because that seemed to make sense and was real close to the pump for the H150i. When I boot it goes first into BIOS with the "Fan Error". If I exit the BIOS, it will go directly to Windows 10. Should I disconnect from the AOI_PUMP and connect to the CPU_FAN to eliminate this error? If the error is gone, should it eliminate the first trip to BIOS and go straight Windows?

The AOI_PUMP runs at Full-Speed and the CPU_FAN has a default speed as Q-Fan Controlled.

Again, thanks in advance for any help and sorry if this is a dumb questions. Seems to be my last issue with the build. Thx!!

Hey all,

My first build and I have researched this a bit but I am not sure 100%. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have the Asus Z490 E Gaming MOBO for my build and I am using the H150i. On the MOBO there is a connector titled called AOI_PUMP as well as CPU_FAN. I connected to the AOI_PUMP just because that seemed to make sense and was real close to the pump for the H150i. When I boot it goes first into BIOS with the "Fan Error". If I exit the BIOS, it will go directly to Windows 10. Should I disconnect from the AOI_PUMP and connect to the CPU_FAN to eliminate this error? If the error is gone, should it eliminate the first trip to BIOS and go straight Windows?

The AOI_PUMP runs at Full-Speed and the CPU_FAN has a default speed as Q-Fan Controlled.

Again, thanks in advance for any help and sorry if this is a dumb questions. Seems to be my last issue with the build. Thx!!

that wire is only for reporting an RPM to the Motherboard buddy.. its so your motherboard doesn't throw a CPU fan failure alarm like you are seeing.... connect it to CPU_Fan ;)

OK, so just making sure I'm clear. Even though 2 RGB LED hubs will be used to control the bank of 8 fans, I'm going to use an RGB splitter to go into the remaining LED port on the Commander Pro? The other LED port on the Commander Pro is taken up be the Obsidian 1000D front panel LED.

not sure if you have found it.. in the front of the 1000d there is an RGB cable hanging.,. this is LED Channel 1 on the 1000d Commander Pro...

http://i.imgur.com/hANkZEYl.jpg

more info below for the 1000d..

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180073

Hi,

I want to buy the 4000X RGB and also the H115i Elite Capellix. The included fans with the case are the SP120 RGB. So I cant control their speed and I would have to buy a commander pro. The Case has also a built in RGB HUB so could I connect the two ML120 fans to the AIO inculded Hub and the others to the Case Hub? Im not sure if I should buy 2 More ML120 Fans so that I have 4 or leave the SP120 and add the ML120 then I would also have to buy a commander pro. In the secound case I would mount the AIO on the top so you wont see the different fan types.

Hi,

I want to buy the 4000X RGB and also the H115i Elite Capellix. The included fans with the case are the SP120 RGB. So I cant control their speed and I would have to buy a commander pro. The Case has also a built in RGB HUB so could I connect the two ML120 fans to the AIO inculded Hub and the others to the Case Hub? Im not sure if I should buy 2 More ML120 Fans so that I have 4 or leave the SP120 and add the ML120 then I would also have to buy a commander pro. In the secound case I would mount the AIO on the top so you wont see the different fan types.

The included fans on the 4000x RGB are the SP120 RGB Elite, they are 4 pin PWM and thus can have their speed controlled via the included node that comes with the Elite Capellix. You don't need to get anything else.

I also would advise against getting ML fans as those only have 4 leds vs the 8 leds on both SP variants and the ML Elite fans that come with the Elite Capellix. Probably best to just get a SP Pro for the back, that's what I plan on doing anyway.

Hi,

I don’t think SP120 Elite even exist. The included fans with the case are the SP120 RGB PRO and they don’t have a PWM Controller. My question is if I get the commander pro I can control the fan speed? And my second question is if it’s possible to connect 4 SP Case fans to the RGB HUB in the case and connect the ML fans to the included one with the AIO. I would mount the AIO on the top and the fans on the top so if it’s not possible it’s not a big deal because you can’t see them then. I will buy an extra SP for the back that’s why I have 4.

Edited by memelord195

hi bud.. Yes you can control 3 pin Voltage Controlled fans with a Commander Pro.

and you should be able to mix the SP Pro RGB fans with the ML RGB fans no issues on the same RGB Fan LED Hub.. its the 1st Gen SP RGB Fans that shouldnt be mixed with any of Corsairs other RGB fans.

Hi Zotty,

thank you very much for your very quick and very helpful answer.

No worries,

just remember. LED count differs so sequential RGB effects may not play correctly..

and RE SP Elite.. Supplied with the 5000x thats just been released...

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Mid-Tower-ATX-Cases/iCUE-5000X-RGB-Tempered-Glass-Mid-Tower-ATX-PC-Smart-Case/p/CC-9011213-WW

"The 5000X RGB has incredible flexibility when it comes to cooling. With up to ten 120mm fan mounts, three included SP RGB ELITE fans with CORSAIR AirGuide technology and three seperate 360mm radiator locations, the only limit to your cooling options is your imagination."

Hi,

I don’t think SP120 Elite even exist. The included fans with the case are the SP120 RGB PRO and they don’t have a PWM Controller. My question is if I get the commander pro I can control the fan speed? And my second question is if it’s possible to connect 4 SP Case fans to the RGB HUB in the case and connect the ML fans to the included one with the AIO. I would mount the AIO on the top and the fans on the top so if it’s not possible it’s not a big deal because you can’t see them then. I will buy an extra SP for the back that’s why I have 4.

As already stated by Zotty, SP Elite Fans do exist and they are 4 pins (PWN).

They also come with the 4000x RGB case. You can find multiple sources on the web stating this. Including this forum.

For controlling speed purposes, you only need to get a Commander Pro for the single SP Pro you plan on getting for the back of the case. Which is the only 3 pins (DC) fan in that scenario. All others are controllable via the Capellix node.

I have a 4000x being delivered this week, and plan on doing the exact same thing. Already got the Capellix and the SP Pro for the back.

I plan on controlling the SP Pro via bios as I don't feel like it's worth getting a Commander Pro just for one fan. But that's personal choice.