Corsair Community

iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX Faq and Setup Info

Zotty

5 hours ago, InCrt said:

Hello fellow enthusiasts!

I'm currently planning an overhaul on my PC and will be getting a h150i elite lcd cooler and a 5000x case.

In total the new case will have 10 fans, 3 ML120 elite in the front, 3 SP120 elite in the side panel, 3 ML120 elite in the radiator mounted at the top and 1 SP120 elite in the rear.

The case itself comes with a rgb controller and a rpm controller aswell for up to 6 fans, and the cooler comes with the commander core, wich does the same (rgb and rpm control) for another 6 fans.

My question is, do I need something else to have all fans sync up perfeclty on iCUE? Not just talking about effects but patterns as well. For example the pong effect, will it work properly? Or do I need something like the lightning node or the commander pro?

Thanks in advance.

First, pong only works with LL and QL fans.
Next, you'll have everything that you need to control everything but the fans will need to be on different controllers (the Lighting Node Core that comes with the case and the Commander Core that comes with the cooler). If you want fan speed control only from the Commander Core, you'll need some splitters, maybe even a PWM hub.

From there, you'll be able to configure both channels. If you choose Lighting Link effects, they'll go across channels.

6 hours ago, DevBiker said:

First, pong only works with LL and QL fans.
Next, you'll have everything that you need to control everything but the fans will need to be on different controllers (the Lighting Node Core that comes with the case and the Commander Core that comes with the cooler). If you want fan speed control only from the Commander Core, you'll need some splitters, maybe even a PWM hub.

From there, you'll be able to configure both channels. If you choose Lighting Link effects, they'll go across channels.

Thanks for the reply.

I only gave pong as an example as I saw someone mention it, did not know it was exclusive to the LL and QL fans.

I don't mind the speed control being separate on both nodes, can't I just input the same control profile on both nodes? As long as the rgb effects and patterns will syncronize across nodes it works for me.

Do you recommend any specific fan order to get the best out of rgb patterns?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am in the process of building a new rig, consisting of

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K
Board: Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
Case: Be Quiet Dark Base PRO 900v2
Cooler: Corsair H115I Elite CAPELLIX (with upgrade-stand offs for the Alder Lake)

among others (no RAM yet, I have Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 on backorder - and yes I know: I am most likely to use that PC for weeks [hopefully not months] due to the fact that I shall not get them for quite a while...).

Now, the Be Quiet-case comes with a PCB panel to control the internal pwm-fans (three "Be Quiet Silent Wings 3").
I remember vaguely to have read somewhere else that it is not recommended to run those Be Quiet-fans through something else but the PCB due to those being running on a 6-pole motor. 
I would proceed as follows: connect pump tacho cable of H115I to "AIO_PUMP" on the motherboard,  connect PWM connector of Dark Base PRO 900v2 to "CHA_FAN1P" on the motherboard. Connect Be Quiet-fans to the PCB, connect Corsair-fans to Commander Core, thus keeping both worlds entirely separated.
Is this best practice? Is that overly complicated as I worry too much and using just the Commander Core is perfectly viable? Do you have any advice?

Technically you don’t need to connect the pump/Commander Core’s tach sensor to anything. CUE will still give you pump speed. It is of more use if you want the BIOS or another program to see that value. It’s real purpose is a safety check on boot to make sure the device responds, but that will only work on CPU Fan. There are other fail safes so this is not necessary. “AIO Pump” is nothing more than a renamed chassis fan header locked to a 100% by default. If your board allows you to undo that and use it like a chassis fan header then that is a better use and tach cable to cpu fan. The cpu fan header has little use aside from an actual cpu air cooler. 

Commander Core is a PWM fan controller and it cannot manage DC fans. I do not remember if the SW3 fans on that case are DC or PWM. If they are PWM, you may be able to hook the fan hub into the Com Core fan header to gain cue control over them. They will not work when connected directly. Corsair controllers do not get on with a few select European PWM fans (BeQuiet, some EK vardar, some Noctua Industrial).  Using the case’s fan hub as a go between often does work and I use a PWM hub to manage by SW3 High Speed PWM models, as well as EK Vardar.  

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 12:08 PM, InCrt said:

Hello fellow enthusiasts!

I'm currently planning an overhaul on my PC and will be getting a h150i elite lcd cooler and a 5000x case.

In total the new case will have 10 fans, 3 ML120 elite in the front, 3 SP120 elite in the side panel, 3 ML120 elite in the radiator mounted at the top and 1 SP120 elite in the rear.

The case itself comes with a rgb controller and a rpm controller aswell for up to 6 fans, and the cooler comes with the commander core, wich does the same (rgb and rpm control) for another 6 fans.

My question is, do I need something else to have all fans sync up perfeclty on iCUE? Not just talking about effects but patterns as well. For example the pong effect, will it work properly? Or do I need something like the lightning node or the commander pro?

Thanks in advance.

this would be the way forward buddy..

469531138_XT10fanelitesetup.thumb.png.de1e02bce6fbe38653c5843e293b190c.png

more info here for the Commander Core XT

Edits made including adding a 10 fan concept for the new Commander Core XT and H series Elite AIO's.

This covers most 5000 and 7000 series builds using the above devices

1344288028_XT10fanelitesetup.thumb.png.6d657e32a72ed87aabf240303b259bcc.png

H170i Elite specs now added 

• 3 weeks later...

I recently bought a bundle from Scan.co.uk  which compromised of  Corsair 240mm H100i Elite , ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Hero , Intel i9 12900Kand 32GB DDR5.

I am having a problem with the H100i Elite in that its only detected once ( as a usb device ) . I have the 2 RGB fans which came with the AIO connected ( 4 pins )  and 3 generic fans ( 3 pin ) spinning at max speed. The AIO does not light up and not sure if I feel anything being pumped - there is a slight vibration but that might just be the fans on the radiation. Thankfully its not yet my main PC . I have followed different instructions which none work including getting an adapter to i can plug into the back of the PC.

Edited by Seedy1812
misspelled a company's name
  • Sad 1

hey buddy.i suspect given what you have said. might be time to return it to where you bought it from or contact Corsair for RMA. its not looking good for it as it looks like you have a good idea of how it all works and possible solutions. 

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone i am new.

i built a new pc a few months ago in a corsair 4000d airflow with 6QL120 fans and commander core xt and and a kraken x53 (it was on sale) and all that worked excellet.

i am in the process of building another pc now with 

a Lian Li 011DXL-X 011  Dynamic case and a h150i elite capellix aio 10-ql120 fans and rbg strips and a commander pro

if i use the set up diagram below will this  make the fans run in sequential order.

also since my new motherboard only has 2 internal usb ports  can i add the nzxt internal usb hub 3 to it and either plug the commander pro or the commander core into that hub.

its alot to take in just have problems wrapping my ahead around anything with more then 6 rgb fans.

Screenshot (2).png

Hey Corsair! 🙂

I just recieved my H150i Elite Capellix LCD that I wan‘t to use on the 5000d Airflow. My motherboard is an ASUS Z690 Apex.

So as they are 3x ML120 Fans, I wan‘t to use the RGB connectors on the included CoCo and my other 7x QL120 RGB connectors on CoPro + Lightning Node Core. PWM connectors can go anywhere, it’s just for the RGB controllers I need to seperate to each fan type is that correct?

Will it work this way? If there is a more clean solution please tell me.

A diagram would be perfect, but must‘nt be 😛

Thanks 🙂

Edited by Oreooo

5 hours ago, Oreooo said:

Hey Corsair! 🙂

I just recieved my H150i Elite Capellix LCD that I wan‘t to use on the 5000d Airflow. My motherboard is an ASUS Z690 Apex.

So as they are 3x ML120 Fans, I wan‘t to use the RGB connectors on the included CoCo and my other 7x QL120 RGB connectors on CoPro + Lightning Node Core. PWM connectors can go anywhere, it’s just for the RGB controllers I need to seperate to each fan type is that correct?

Will it work this way? If there is a more clean solution please tell me.

A diagram would be perfect, but must‘nt be 😛

Thanks 🙂

I just saw it won‘t work due the CoPro has no RGB connectors, the problem here is only 1 Fan. How to fix it? 😛

my motherboard only has 2x USB headers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I'm new here

I bought a Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix for the 12700k because I saw on corsair.com that it supports 12700. I received it today and the box says older sockets. Does anyone know if this is normal? Have they not changed the box or is it an old piece?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 7:12 PM, PanosMp said:

Hi everyone. I'm new here

I bought a Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix for the 12700k because I saw on corsair.com that it supports 12700. I received it today and the box says older sockets. Does anyone know if this is normal? Have they not changed the box or is it an old piece?

I would like to order an ICUE H150i Elite Capellix too. I've already ordered the i9-12000K. Same question. Do we have to order any additional interface or Corsair should have already provided the LGA1700 adaptor in every package ?

• 1 month later...

hi guys....  looks like you need these..

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling/LGA1700-Retrofit-Kit/p/CW-8960091

-base-CW-8960091-Gallery-RetentionKit-01.png_1200Wx1200H

his retrofit kit of standoffs enables you to use your existing LGA1200/LGA115x Retention brackets and backplates for modern CORSAIR AIO coolers with the new Intel ‘Alder Lake-S’ processors that require socket LGA1700 mounting kits. Please reference the tech specs below for compatibility information. This kit does not come with the brackets or backplate necessary for LGA1200/115x/1700 installation. If you need the entire retention kit, please see part CW-8960093.

try contacting support? may send you them?..

hope this helps guys

• 2 months later...

Great work on this. Good detailed information abouit the products and easy to follow diagrams

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Perhaps this is a known issue, but search didn't turn up any answers...

I have a H150I Elite Capellix with the LCD option.  When I tried to add 3 pull fans to the existing 3 push fans, the additional 3 fans were not found by the CoCo.  The fans are Noctua 120mm PWM fans.  There is no way to access the fan configuration once you attach the LCD.  Fortunately, I purchased the LCD as an upgrade and I was able to reinstall the Logo pump head temporarily and then my additional 3 fans were recognized.  I then reinstalled the LCD pump head and I could still see all six attached fans.

This appears to me to be a bug.  I should have been able to add the additional fans without having to replace pump heads.

Latest firmware installed (v2.0.19 for the controller and v 2.0.0.3 for the LCD).  iCue version 5.1.1109

43 minutes ago, DianaC said:

There is no way to access the fan configuration once you attach the LCD.

Pump top plate or LCD top should not matter for this.  The Commander Core uses an auto-detect protocol on its PWM (and RGB) ports.  If it thinks the PWM port is empty at start up, it shuts it off.  This occasionally causes detection issues and you can try to force it to do a better job by powering down, PSU switch off, wait 30-60 seconds, then PSU back on and power up.  That puts the Commander Core into full reset and it rechecks each connection.  

Can you be specific about which Noctua PWM fans you are using?  This is used to be a common issue with certain European spec PWM fans on Corsair controllers, but things came back together and we have not seen much of this at all in the last few years.  However, the both the Commander Core and XT controllers do make mistakes on their auto-detect now and then.  Most are momentary issues.  

I had previously tried cold restarts - in oine case leaving the computer unplugged overnight.  It simply refused to see more than 3 fans.  Even swapped the port between one of the ML120s and a Noctua - it now saw the Noctua but not the ML120.  Nothing worked to get the extra three fans recognized until I replaced the pump head.

I'm not sure what is going on there.  Possibly the LCD top was locking up the Commander Core.  They seem to have a complex relationship and one can put the other off balance.  Did you have full control of the LCD top before you took it off to deal with the fans?  As a general rule, if you are having connection issues on the LCD models you need to disconnect the wide power delivery on the side of the Commander Core and pop the LCD top off to initiate a reset.  However, I would not expect that to have applied here for a Commander Core only feature that should happen in the first second of the power on state.  If this continues to give you trouble, contact Corsair Support.