Corsair Community

Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ

Zotty

yes that is a worry and i have not seen it before. i would start with disconnecting it all and make sure you can get booting correctly

Thanks, i`ve fixed it by just entering my BIOS to check whats wrong.

After i found no chance on my settings i restarted my PC and the BIOS screen went normal.

The other problems are still a thing.

While writing this post my USB hardware disabled again for some seconds and iCUE still doesn`t regonise the Node Core (see my grafic on my post before).

It also seems that the GPU also frezze my screen for a second while my USB devices reconect.

Edits Made Re:

When Lighting Node Pro has 6 QL fans connected then the other RGB Channel becomes un-selectable in iCUE.

Should you have anything on the other channel prior to connecting the QL fans then iCUE will automatically reduce the amount of QL's you can connect dependent on what you have on the other channel.

Hope that makes sense guys n gals

do you happen to know how this math works?

in my scenario I'm expecting to have a couple of merged lighting hubs with 4 QLs each come into one channel of an LNP (so LNP will think there are 4 QLs)

And on the other channel I was hoping to merge 2 11led strips (from ek pumps) into 1 (via a lighting channel merge cable) and then carry that into the second channel of the LNP, so the LNP would see an 11led strip (prob configured as a single HD fan)

Will the LNP be able to handle something like a single HD fan on the second channel if there are 4 QL's on the first?

I tryed out a little bit to find the problem.

I tryed to pluged the Command Pro in a different USB Hub on the Motherbord - which didn`t fixed my problem

I pluged the Node Core directly into the MB - which showed me that the Node Core works

I pluged the Node Core into another USB Hub of the Command Pro - which didn`t fixed my Problem

I reinstalled the Firmware of the Command Pro - Which also didn`t fixedd my Problem

I tryed to use the Node Core plugged into the Command Pro without plug in the RGB Hub - which didn`t fixed my problem

I found out that the only moment the LED on the Command Pro glows when he gets a Firmware update (is that normal?)

Any other Ideas which could help me? Do i may have to install something to bring the USB Hub of the Command Pro to work?

This Thread says that my hardware combination should work

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=195800

I tryed out a little bit to find the problem.

I tryed to pluged the Command Pro in a different USB Hub on the Motherbord - which didn`t fixed my problem

I pluged the Node Core directly into the MB - which showed me that the Node Core works

I pluged the Node Core into another USB Hub of the Command Pro - which didn`t fixed my Problem

I reinstalled the Firmware of the Command Pro - Which also didn`t fixedd my Problem

I tryed to use the Node Core plugged into the Command Pro without plug in the RGB Hub - which didn`t fixed my problem

I found out that the only moment the LED on the Command Pro glows when he gets a Firmware update (is that normal?)

Any other Ideas which could help me? Do i may have to install something to bring the USB Hub of the Command Pro to work?

This Thread says that my hardware combination should work

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=195800

yes thats normal with the LED on the Commander Pro..

as for your Node Core.. not sure what to suggest now buddy.

as a thought. while you had your node core working.. was there any firmware updates for it?

yes thats normal with the LED on the Commander Pro..

as for your Node Core.. not sure what to suggest now buddy.

as a thought. while you had your node core working.. was there any firmware updates for it?

The Node Core had the newest Firmware on it.

It`s ok that you have no more suggestions which could help me, I'm glad that you tried it and that you care about me :o:

May someone else has an idea, I`m open for any Idea

maybe one of these could be used as a solution?

https://www.nzxt.com/products/internal-usb-hub

IDK, the Problem seems to be the Commander Pro USB Port for me.

The ICue Software showed now that he detected a Hydro X Watercooling on one of my Commander Pro USB Ports. I followed the instruction guide from ICue and now one Fan is spinning like hell all the time and i can`t controll him now (._. )

Hey!

I've encountered a very weird situation today. I have a 500D case with 3 LL fans front (Corsair keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, headset, stand, aio, psu and led strips). I followed the 500D guide and worked perfectly!

I was playing PUBG as usual, then suddenly everything went off. No lights were on. Tried to restart the iCUE, but it didn't help. After the match I restarted the PC and it was okay.

A few hours later when I turned on my PC again, just saw that only the first fan had the lights on. iCUE restart did nothing at all.

Tried all permutations of 3 fans on the RGB Hub and got the following results:

[1,2,3] [1,3,2] [2,1,3] [2,3,1] [3,1,2] [3,2,1]

It was perfectly fine with the default setup [1,2,3] until now. Do you guys have any idea what happened?

Hey!

I've encountered a very weird situation today. I have a 500D case with 3 LL fans front (Corsair keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, headset, stand, aio, psu and led strips). I followed the 500D guide and worked perfectly!

I was playing PUBG as usual, then suddenly everything went off. No lights were on. Tried to restart the iCUE, but it didn't help. After the match I restarted the PC and it was okay.

A few hours later when I turned on my PC again, just saw that only the first fan had the lights on. iCUE restart did nothing at all.

Tried all permutations of 3 fans on the RGB Hub and got the following results:

[1,2,3] [1,3,2] [2,1,3] [2,3,1] [3,1,2] [3,2,1]

It was perfectly fine with the default setup [1,2,3] until now. Do you guys have any idea what happened?

Fan 1 is bad. It's not sending the signal to the next device in the chain. You can leave it at the end or see if Corsair will replace it.

Fan 1 is bad. It's not sending the signal to the next device in the chain. You can leave it at the end or see if Corsair will replace it.

What about this permutation? [3,1,2].

It should be [3,1,2] or [3,1,2] then, if the #1 fan breaks the chain.

Unfortunately I can't RMA the whole case (these are the pre-installed fans), because it is out of stock at the retailer (or at any other retailer).

Edited by skotos

New build here. I've got a EK AIO 360 cooler w/ 3x120mm fans. I want to replace the stock fans with some QL120's. I'm also going to replace the stock case fans with 3 x QL140's. So total is:

3 x QL120

3 x QL140

What do I need to buy? Do I need to buy two kits, which include 2 Lighting Node Core's, or can I buy one kit, and then 3 other fans separately w/o the Lighting Node Core? I'm hoping I can just plug all fans into the same Lighting Node Core because they support 6 fans, but because they are different sizes I'm not sure if that's allowed.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Here is my current setup for a 680x case:

6 fans are powered by a commander pro, 2 from the H100 SE Platinum. It has 2 node cores which get power from the Commander pro. The RGB from the H100i fans, three front fans and a bottom fan are controlled from node core 1, the rest are controlled from node core 2.

The problem is that any sequential lighting isnt working as whole.

What would be the best way to go about this?

They are a mix of Corsair QL120 and QL140s.

I have a question I just purchased a Corsair Crystal 680x case which has RGB node core and commander core with 6 RGB fans. Question is I want to add two RGB 140mm fans on top and 3 RGB 120mm fans on the back and bottom of the case. With what I have now only supports 6 fans including the 3 that came with the case. What is the best solution to add these additional fans to my setup.

The 3 front fans are already connected, have 3 open ports. I need 2 more ports than I have to do the entire fan setup. Also they all have to be the same model correct? If I’m using LL120, they all need to be LL120 correct

Edited by Nofroyo

I have a question I just purchased a Corsair Crystal 680x case which has RGB node core and commander core with 6 RGB fans. Question is I want to add two RGB 140mm fans on top and 3 RGB 120mm fans on the back and bottom of the case. With what I have now only supports 6 fans including the 3 that came with the case. What is the best solution to add these additional fans to my setup.

The 3 front fans are already connected, have 3 open ports. I need 2 more ports than I have to do the entire fan setup. Also they all have to be the same model correct? If I’m using LL120, they all need to be LL120 correct

for their RGB you would need either an RGB Fan LED Hub or a Lighting Node Core.. for fan power you could try a powered PWM repeater and group the fans..

example

http://i.imgur.com/AtwxHpIl.png

this is using an AIO that only has 3 fan power headers. by using a PWM repeater it is able to control more fans.

to note. the PWM repeater and all connected fans would appear as a single fan in iCUE..

so as another example.. my own build is 32 fans.. but one commander pro.

the fans are split in to banks of 8 on an 8 port pwm repeater.

in icue it shows as 4 fans...

http://i.imgur.com/Q2bE2bml.jpg

Hello,

New user and first post. First off thank you Zotty for this thread, only really read through the first post and it was super informative. I'm currently building my first rig and looking for a little insight as far as lighting goes.

I have a Crystal 570X case and the H150i Elite Capellix with a total of six (6) ML120 RGB fans. From your first post, seems pretty straight forward the commander core will perfectly handle all of these fans and their lighting. Only part I'm a little confused about is what I would need if I wanted to run some additional LED strips and what that setup would look like. I'm assuming the "iCUE Lighting Node PRO RGB Lighting Controller" kit that comes with LED strips and the controller would be the way to go and would have the commander core along with a singe lighting node pro module?

Looking for any insight possible before I really get going on this build this upcoming weekend.

Thanks, Justin