Corsair Community

Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ

Zotty

Hello,

New user and first post. First off thank you Zotty for this thread, only really read through the first post and it was super informative. I'm currently building my first rig and looking for a little insight as far as lighting goes.

I have a Crystal 570X case and the H150i Elite Capellix with a total of six (6) ML120 RGB fans. From your first post, seems pretty straight forward the commander core will perfectly handle all of these fans and their lighting. Only part I'm a little confused about is what I would need if I wanted to run some additional LED strips and what that setup would look like. I'm assuming the "iCUE Lighting Node PRO RGB Lighting Controller" kit that comes with LED strips and the controller would be the way to go and would have the commander core along with a singe lighting node pro module?

Looking for any insight possible before I really get going on this build this upcoming weekend.

Thanks, Justin

Hi buddy.

yes the Lighting Nor Pro LED strip kit would do what you need.. this would give you 2 RGB channels allowing up to 6 strips on each channel

Hello. The ad for the iCUE 465X case shows that a gradient can be made. In the ad, a gradient is applied to each pixel. Why doesn't it work in icue? It just switches colors. I know I can do this manually by creating a new layer and selecting a few pixels at a time, but this is awkward. Is the function in the ad fake?:[pouts: Will there be such functionality in the future? Case advertisement 2019

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

• 4 weeks later...
What am I missing? I have corsair 570x, 4x SP120, 2x SP140, Xd5 Pump Combo, and the XC7 CPU Block. I have a commander pro and the RGB hub included with the case. I have everything hooked up but cant figure out the pump and XC7 led cabling. Seems like I am missing a cable or extension. Thanks for you help. Edited by ITSECCyclist

• 2 weeks later...

I have the new 5000x case. I got the h150i elite aio, and the commander core than came with it. I have 6 fans running off it, including the 3 for the aio.

I'm trying to set up 1 more rgb fan, with the intention of adding more later.

The case came with a pwm fan controller and a lightning node core.

I bought the commander pro and im wondering, can I plug the USB from the lightning node core that came with the case, into the CoPro? Ill basically have 6 fans on CoCo, and for now 1 fan on the CoPro and lightning node core.

Can I plug the USB from the lightning node core to the commander pro? Then plug the USB from commander core and commander pro into a nzxt USB hub? ( my mobo only has 1 USB 2.0)

Thanks!!

I have the new 5000x case. I got the h150i elite aio, and the commander core than came with it. I have 6 fans running off it, including the 3 for the aio.

I'm trying to set up 1 more rgb fan, with the intention of adding more later.

The case came with a pwm fan controller and a lightning node core.

I bought the commander pro and im wondering, can I plug the USB from the lightning node core that came with the case, into the CoPro? Ill basically have 6 fans on CoCo, and for now 1 fan on the CoPro and lightning node core.

Can I plug the USB from the lightning node core to the commander pro? Then plug the USB from commander core and commander pro into a nzxt USB hub? ( my mobo only has 1 USB 2.0)

Thanks!!

Hi bud.

5000x faq .. https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=204498

there is a diagram in there for more than 6 fans in the 5000x .. hope it helps :)

• 3 weeks later...

I own a Commander Pro, and want to control my CX550F RGB fan (in power supply).

I checked and found that I can do it by buying a kit (sp elite fans, 8 led as in the psu for optimal results), and it's included a Ligtinh Node Core (which power is via SATA power cable, and has a USB that goes in ANY header... may i daisy chain to my Commander Pro? or i have to use the oher usb2 header on the motherboard?

Update: read that Zotty said I can plug the Node Core into one of the usb headers on Commander Pro. (heheheeh I didn't noticed that post at first.....sorry!)

Edited by MikeRGB74

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, this might be a long one but I'll try to keep it as short as possible.

Firstly, great stuff Zlotty, really good round up that I wish I'd had use of years ago.

However, I am dumb as a bag of... dumb stuff... when it comes to certain PC building things.

Imagine if you will, a 2016 build in a Corsair 460X RGB case, with whatever fans those were (only 7 colours as I had it) that never got finished due to all that wiring and bewilderment at options getting me anxious etc etc (my blood literally ran cold over the idea of possibly breaking everything)

So, that's where I am rn on the eve of upgrading via prebuilt (due to the current GPU price madness aso making GPU's via that option much closer to MSRP)

To that point... I put in a request with said prebuilder re my desired fan placement within the case. They've come back with a no can do due to the case (Corsair 4000D Airflow) already having 2 fans included (still unsure which btw) and adding the H100i Elite Capellix RGB cooler (another 2 fans, also unsure which) leaving only 2 slots which clashes with their configurator option of 3 (or 5) LL120's being too many.

So I'm gonna have to do that bit myself (omg)

A few questions then, if anybody can help...

I'm thinking 6 fans overall: 3 front intakes, 2 roof exhausts (pushing through H100i etc rad) and 1 rear exhaust. I'm unsure of what fans to buy, possibly dependent on what that cooler has though all must be the same to iCue it all up iirc.

So any further help, advice, vids etc anybody could link to literally hold my hand me through the process?

Also, what would be the best kit(s) of fans to cover me for the above. I was originally thinking LL120's but see above that the front fans won't be seen so well on the inside. QL120's then? Or would HD120's etc suffice?

Thanks in advance for any help anybody can give me. On the bright side, once I learn this stuff I'll be good forever... teach a man to fish and all that.

Hey buddy.

so. if you have added the H100i Elite then that came with 2 x ML RGB Elite fans.. which contain 8 LEDs.. i would advise you look at Corsairs newly added SP RGB Elite fans which also have the same LED count.

these would plug directly into the H100i Elites Commander Core.. you have everything you need aside from 4 x SP RGB Elite Fans...

Worth the read.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=200186

Hey buddy.

so. if you have added the H100i Elite then that came with 2 x ML RGB Elite fans.. which contain 8 LEDs.. i would advise you look at Corsairs newly added SP RGB Elite fans which also have the same LED count.

these would plug directly into the H100i Elites Commander Core.. you have everything you need aside from 4 x SP RGB Elite Fans...

Worth the read.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=200186

Awesome, thank you Zotty.

Yeah, I think it'll help that the Commander Core is already in there with the H100i, half the wiring is done and points me towards doing the rest and I think I can manage that better than doing from scratch. Like I said, most of building aso I can do ok but the last time I looked at fans and their wiring with just a few unofficial forum posts to back me up was like trying to find a noodle among spaghetti... in the dark. It didn't help that I had no idea which core or pro gadget did what either...

I'll set aside some time in the next few days to check out the links and vids to acquaint myself better. Suffice to say, this whole thread has been favourited.

I'll check out the fans you mentioned (one query: would they be 4 pin/good for RGB and rpm btw?) and amend my prebuild to suit, which is ok as it's delayed by the GPU/preorder malarkey until June.

I'm feeling more confident I can figure it out now. So, again, thanks.

Have a good 'un!

Awesome, thank you Zotty.

Yeah, I think it'll help that the Commander Core is already in there with the H100i, half the wiring is done and points me towards doing the rest and I think I can manage that better than doing from scratch. Like I said, most of building aso I can do ok but the last time I looked at fans and their wiring with just a few unofficial forum posts to back me up was like trying to find a noodle among spaghetti... in the dark. It didn't help that I had no idea which core or pro gadget did what either...

sticky dots all the way buddy :).. cheap off of amazon.,

http://i.imgur.com/9sf5v5wl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/m5d2Kn1l.jpg

IftCXo6l.jpg

I'll set aside some time in the next few days to check out the links and vids to acquaint myself better. Suffice to say, this whole thread has been favourited.

I'll check out the fans you mentioned (one query: would they be 4 pin/good for RGB and rpm btw?) and amend my prebuild to suit, which is ok as it's delayed by the GPU/preorder malarkey until June.

I'm feeling more confident I can figure it out now. So, again, thanks.

Have a good 'un!

yeah the fans are 4Pin Pwm powered and Corsairs 4Pin RGB connector. these will plug straight into the Commander Core supplied with the H100i Elite.

hope it helps man :). good luck on your quest bud

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
sticky dots all the way buddy :).. cheap off of amazon.,

http://i.imgur.com/9sf5v5wl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/m5d2Kn1l.jpg

IftCXo6l.jpg

yeah the fans are 4Pin Pwm powered and Corsairs 4Pin RGB connector. these will plug straight into the Commander Core supplied with the H100i Elite.

hope it helps man :). good luck on your quest bud

Well, it's been a (long) month and I'm back... PC ordered and delivered, my own preferred additions and tweaks complete with first bench tests done (with flying colours so far) and about to start gaming proper this weekend.

Just thought I'd message to say thanks again for the advice and links... it all came together and turned out fine and easy (if not taking a couple hours longer than I thought to get right) in the end. And I may tweak more in time.

Anyway, to keep this shortish, though I was tempted by the QL120's, I got the SP120 RGB Elite fans (x4) in the end to fill the slots in the 4000D Airflow left after the H100i Capellix. All went in easy and I didn't even need the sticky dots (though I did get some then mislaid them) All synced to the mobo and GPU, currently a slightly bluey white scheme... looks fantastic and stays cool enough despite, dare I say, being a bit of a beast and the recent weather.

Again, thanks for the easy tips and confidence building. You've taught a fella to fish.

Have a good 'un.

Does anyone know the PN for the ML 120 Pro RGB fans that go up to 2400 rpm, like the ones that come with the the H100 platinum coolers? Correct me if I am wrong, I do not believe these fans can be purchased individually or as standalone (without the AIO).

Zotty,

I am currently working on my first PC build. I have a 5000D Airflow case. I have 10 QL120 fans. Six of the fans will be intake, three on the front and three on the side. Three will be mounted to my H150i Elite Capellix liquid cooler as exhaust, with one additional exhaust fan on the rear. I have the one Commander Core that came with my H150i, and I am looking at buying another Commander Core off of eBay (Because you guys won’t sell them lol). However, before I do that, I want to make sure Icue will be able to recognize two Commander Cores. Also, would I be able to get all the fans in sequence?

The reason I want two Commander Core’s over a Commander Core and Commander Pro is because the wiring will be much cleaner with two Commander Core’s. If this is possible, could you please create one of your awesome diagrams as they are very helpful!

Thanks in advance for all your help!