Corsair Community

Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ

Zotty

On 4/25/2022 at 2:48 PM, EastwardSage said:

Another question, is the transparent film around the sensors to be removed?

Simple answer - no, leave the film on.

• 2 months later...

I've got a real simple question that I can't seem to find a straight non-conflicting answer to anywhere: Assuming power isn't a concern (external supply) how many LEDs can be addressed by the Core XT and the Commander Pro, both total and per channel?

I've got a bunch of 144/1m strips I want to use for a very low brightness but high resolution effect and while powering them isn't an issue addressing them is. I haven't found anything that can address more than ~96 LEDs total yet, and while I could just wire something up to an Arduino I'd rather avoid any more soldering than I've already done.

Edited by Shadowex3

On 3/14/2022 at 5:37 AM, Zotty said:

Edits made and specs and images added for the Commander Core XT on the front page of this faq.

i will add the LC100 triangles over the next few days.

@Zotty, Appreciate the work you're doing here as someone trying to get into ICUE.

I have a question about my first build. I have 10 QL fans going into 2 commander core XT's, but i need to find a way to control my EK monoblock, EK GPU and backplate cooler, and O11 EVO front LED.   The two core XT's have one RGB plug each, one is going to be used by the XD5 pump.  

This leaves me with 1 remaining USB hub, and 4 devices I need to control. 

Do you have a recommendation as to how to connect those into the system?

Edited by iR3SQem

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 4:22 PM, iR3SQem said:

@Zotty, Appreciate the work you're doing here as someone trying to get into ICUE.

I have a question about my first build. I have 10 QL fans going into 2 commander core XT's, but i need to find a way to control my EK monoblock, EK GPU and backplate cooler, and O11 EVO front LED.   The two core XT's have one RGB plug each, one is going to be used by the XD5 pump.  

@DevBiker might be the best person to advise you on hooking up none corsair products buddy. i tend to stay with in brand my self. 

On 7/14/2022 at 3:22 AM, iR3SQem said:

Lookup PirateDog on Ebay. He makes a custom ARGB cable that will connect to Corsair LED ports. 

• 3 months later...

Hi all!

I want to do a build in a lian li O11 dynamic evo with my h150i elite capellix AIO and 7 QL120 fans.

I have in mind to connect 6 QL120 fans + the pump in the commander core. Then I connect the 7th QL120 + 3 ML120 capellix fans in a lighting node core for RGB control. These last 4 will be connected to a commander pro for 4pin PWM power. Then I connect the commander core and lighting node core usb's to the usb ports in the commander pro and the commander pro usb goes to the motherboard.

Will this setup work when I connect 2 different types of fans in my lighting node core and commander pro? And can I still control every fan seperately for RGB and fan speed?

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

Very Helpful...Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, 

I am having a weird behaviour 

I have Commander pro with

• 4 LL120 attached for PWM 
  • 1 LED going to RGB Hub
  • 1 LED going to Led strips 

Then I have also H100i Elite with 2 ML120 this is plugged to a USB header to my MOBO and to the AIO header

All the fans are in sequence in the commander and in the RGB Hub ( so Fan1 in Commander is Fan1 in RGB Hub)

Now in terms of lighting I don't have any kind of issue but fans speed is always at max. Even if I select quiet mode il will lower down a bit but then after a couple of seconds back to max speed. 

My mobo is a ROG Strix B550-f and I haven't set anything in Aura/Armoury Crate to control speed or RGB. I know I don't need that since commander is in charge of everything except for the AIO which is plugged to the mobo.

Any idea? What's wrong here? 

Thanks in advance

• 6 months later...

Zotty,

Have some trouble with a new build..

Lian Li O11 dynamic

MSI carbon Z690

I am running 3 QL120's and 3 LL120's

I have the 3 QL's running via Lighting node core

I have the 3 LL's running via the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub and that into the Lighting node pro.

The 3 LL's are powered via the mother board and work fine. But the LED's don't seem to power/work correctly. a few LED's come on, but never work correctly...

The QL's work prefect.

iCUE see's both the pro and the core.

Any ideas?

IMG_7562.jpg