Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 Loud Noise!

ClayNo1

Hello Guys,

so i got the Vengeance 2000 wireless bluetooth headset yesterday. I felt in love with this headset, and I dont want to send it back to Amazon. But i will probably have to do so, and here is why:

When it arrived, I pluged it into my PC to recharge it, also plugged in the bluetooth sender. I waited around 2 hours, until it said Headset is fully loaded. I unplugged and connected to my pc. Everything worked fine, i installed drivers and started to play Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. I loved it and i played like 2 hours. Then it started: i heard a loud crackling noise. Sometimes it sounds like a fart, sometimes its like a buzzing sound, than crackling again. Its sometimes loud, sometimes silent. Then its gone for 2 minutes and back again. It comes from both sides. And its so loud and annoying that i cant just ignore it. Playing or talking is not possible at the moment. And also it only happens if the microphone is down and active. If the microphone is up and muted, everything works fine again and the sound is crystal clear. I cant definitely say the headset is not broken, because my laptop has the same problem with it(also Windows 7, same Audio settings). I have another external USB microphone which works fine. I had another Headset with analog 3,5mm plug which also worked fine. I use some other bluetooth headphones for music and phone in the same room and no problems with them. Here is what i already tried (without success):

- reinstalling drivers, uninstalling drivers

- reinstalling xear, using with and without xear

- turning on and off onboard sound and sound card

- using every USB port i have

- using a USB Hub with external power supply

- turning on and off other USB devices like mouse and keyboard

- changing audio settings in every possible way

- changing power saving settings on pc and usb ports

- changing settings in games and programs

- stopping programs with audio included, like steam

- using the sender with or without cable

- turning off other electric devices like mobile and speakers

- turning off Wlan

- running dpc latency checker (which showed some red and yellow bars, but 98% of the bars are green and they seem to have no connection to the crackling noise.)

So theyre nice headphones now, but I want to use them as a headset and if I cant find a solution in a few days I have to send it back and grab a analog Headset i guess. :sigh!:

[EDIT]

The noise doesnt have a connection to the volume, it appears even if i lower the volume down to zero. It is shown in the sound window. So they are green bars next to the mic if the noise appears.

The Noise also appears if the headphones are not used as standard device.

Archived