Corsair Community

Introducing the new CORSAIR iCUE (v4.X) - Megathread

Corsair Nick

so far so good... update from v3.37.140 without issues!

EDIT:

Hey Corsair, with this version now we can update to the latest version of Windows 10 without suffering the weird flickering bug?

EDIT #2:

Yesterday i update my machine to windows 10 20h release and so far no problems at all.

Edited by Shadowmaker

Installed v4

I got quickly familiar with it. Just a different layout.

My complex RGB presets migrated just fine.

Only thing is this:

Despite nothing is active in the dashboard iCue is still monitoring temps from my MOBO and GPU = around 1.1% CPU usage peaks. I reckon that CPU usage is a bit lower, down to 0.3 sometimes if nothing is in the dashboard.

I'm gonna resort to deleting the CPUID files again and see. As I don't like to see this long list of sensors here. EDIT: Deleting the CPUID files made very little change in CPU usage. So I think is fine, it uses up to 1.1% in my 5900X Based system and I consider that ok.

Video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vk5t7S9z9yTFZHTTrdKjTMIfzyNjQiA3/view?usp=sharing

Needed: I found no way to "solo" a lighting layer in my H115i Pro or LNP.

Bug: Hardware lighting doesn't work in my H115i Pro. I could only turn off the lights but no other mode works.

Actually the bug makes my LNP Channel 2 to show its hardware mode instead. So that seems broken.

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

had the previous version of icue, and it never recognized my h100i platinum rgb. thought upgrading to this version would fix the issue considering it is listed as a compatible device, but it still is not recognized. computer is 2 months old, and the h100i platinum rgb has never been recognized by icue since the day i did the install. upon loading icue.

any advice?

Uninstalling iCUE 4 hangs.

EDIT: Manually stopping all services and deleting all corsair folders ("program files x86/corsair" and "program files/corsair") allowed me to run the uninstaller.

After reinstalling all is working fine again.

The Hardware lighting in my H115i Pro now can be changed but its implementation seems not complete, for example you cannot choose colors on "color shift"

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

BTW: Each time I launch iCUE 4 my devices order is shuffled.

Yeah one of the most annoying things carried over from iCue 3.x is the inability to pin Dashboard tiles after they have been arranged.

I would also love it if the app supports the 32:9 aspect ratio of my Samsung Odyssey G9 monitor.

It seems Corsair have concentrated on a new UI for v4 but added no new features

Edited by Robbie_Jardine

Upgrade went without a hitch from version v3.38.61. All fan curves and lighting profiles moved over correctly. Will take a bit to get used to the new interface, especially Dashboard which takes up much more screen space in ICUE 4 over ICUE 3.x (and yes, I have decreased the size of each panel).

One thing I've never noticed before (when checking how taxing ICUE 4 is on the CPU) is the running service - "Corsair Gaming Headset Drivers" although I've never had a Corsair headset.

Upgrade from 3.x to 4.x went smoothly but now widgets on my Nexus are stuck with a permanent black background.

On 3.x I could turn off the background toggle and have text overlaid over the animated GIF - now these black rectangles are covering it up. Turning the background switch on and off does nothing now.

Is this a bug @Corsair?

537166008_Screenshot2021-03-17172149.thumb.png.4ed5f4b14f67c7211c70616c1da8ba4e.png

Nope your headset should work with iCUE 4 without an issue. Try repairing the installation and see if that resolves the issue.

Same Issue here. Corsair Void Pro RGB SE ist not detected. Repairing the iCUE 4 Installation doesn't help.

When turning the headset on, LED on dongle turns solid white, means its connected properly.

With the colour selection will you bring back the option for specifying the hex/rgb values rather than the sliders, as have a K57 which does not support lightning link over wireless it makes it hard to match the colours from other settings.

I'm not seeing the screen prompt that used to display when switching profiles like when I click the profile button on my Dark Core SE mouse.

Has anyone found a way to re-enable this or has it not been implemented yet?

I'm enjoying trying out the new version of iCue but I'm really struggling with the poor contrast of the UI. Specifically, grey text on a slightly darker grey background is very hard to read with ageing eyes, especially when the text is also quite small. I've attached a screenshot to demonstrate.

Whilst I'm sure most iCUE users will have no issue with this, please spare a thought for those of us with compromised vision and add an option to customise the font size and/or colour.

iCUE.thumb.jpg.c9caa0748828ce90fe3dd8806eac770f.jpg

Working as intended. With 19 devices including dongles. All settings carried over flawlessly. No issues after fiddling around with it for 1 hour.

Parts of the interface seems not so optimal. More mouse clicks to achieve the same things as you could in the older versions.

Across controllers effect applying for fans would be a huge improvement. Had hoped for that, but its not there.

Just updated to 4.x from 3.x and only issue i have is I can't rename devices as I could in 3.x .

There doesn't appear to be a text mode option at top right anymore so in my case the Virtuoso dongle now has (2) after it.

Is there another way to rename or am I missing something ?

In iCUE 3 i had temps of my SSD's in Dashboard, but in iCUE 4 i can't find them.

EDIT: In settings you have under "Dashboard" you can enable "Storage Drive Widget", i toggle to off an back on again, a message came up that i needed to restart iCUE Service and i did that and now my SSD's are shown in Dashboard.

Edited by Krokarn
Find out why i didn't see my SSD's

New version, old problem: I can't use both Asus plugin and full control over Corsair RAM (red triangle).

With v3 as far as I disabled the plugin and realaunched iCue, my RAM worked as intended with Full Control enabled (I need it to set the hardware illumination to black). Immediately after enabling the plugin for my Asus motherboard, RAM effect gets stuck and red triangle appears.

The sad news is that v4 hasn't the Enable Full Control checkbox (or I didn't found it on the fly this morning), so to get all back to work I need to put back v3.

Baio

New version, old problem: I can't use both Asus plugin and full control over Corsair RAM (red triangle).

With v3 as far as I disabled the plugin and realaunched iCue, my RAM worked as intended with Full Control enabled (I need it to set the hardware illumination to black). Immediately after enabling the plugin for my Asus motherboard, RAM effect gets stuck and red triangle appears.

The sad news is that v4 hasn't the Enable Full Control checkbox (or I didn't found it on the fly this morning), so to get all back to work I need to put back v3.

Baio

Cant find it either. Intended or left out by mistake Corsair?