Corsair Community

HS75 XB - Headset freezes and becomes unresponsive

Hi,here another user with the same issue. Sorry for the english, it´s not my native language.

I bought the headphones a week ago and today it bricked. Searching the internet I have found this forum and discovered the problem... They don't respond and the white light remains on. I fully charged it yesterday so I have no idea how long it's going to take for the battery to run out...

This is a shame for a 170 euros item...

I hope the battery runs out soon and is fixed when I turn them back on, otherwise I will return them to amazon with the corresponding complaint in a couple of days

• Corsair Employee

More info regarding the firmware update will be coming as soon as I can provide it.

Also - for anyone experiencing buzzing, the issue is likely to be hardware related. If not done so already, please open a ticket at https://help.corsair.com - our support will take care of you.

sorry to insist but I still have a few days to return the helmet to my dealer.

is it normal that when I plug the headphones into my mac, that Icue does not detect it?

Thank you for your answers!

What version of iCUE are you running? Is your Mac equipped with the newer M1 chip by any chance?

More info regarding the firmware update will be coming as soon as I can provide it.

Also - for anyone experiencing buzzing, the issue is likely to be hardware related. If not done so already, please open a ticket at https://help.corsair.com - our support will take care of you.

So, did this product even had quality testing? reading so many reports on users having this buzz. I really regret not returning this headset to the store day 1. really hope for a smooth replacement procedure

Hello,

no my mac does not have the M1 chip and the Icue version is 3.37.140.

My headset appeared on a windows computer but not on my mac.

My headphones also had a buzz in my left ear, so I will send them back to my dealer and take one back, hoping for a quick update from you !!!

Still haven't heard from? you were talking about having it this week !!

I was told to let the battery die and resynchronize and it "shouldn't happen again after that."

Does anyone else have issues after not being able to turn them off and then letting the battery die?

My first freeze was second day after buy. After battery died I full recharged it and I had second freeze after that. This time with low buzzing. It took 5 days before battery died and after that I'm recharging only under 500mAh capacity. I'm always afraid when turning on and off that could hapen again. I'm curious myself how often this happening other people. I have this headphones 10 days so I can't say. And throught these 10 days I was able use them only 3 days because freezes. It means 70% of time I wasn't able to use them. It's bad ratio for 175€ headphones.

I have hope for some positive news from Corsair Albert soon.

What version of iCUE are you running? Is your Mac equipped with the newer M1 chip by any chance?

I opened a ticket... they will send me a new set of headphones, and I will have to send the old (well... 3 months) ones back.

So, by my estimate that will take several weeks.

Rather than wait that long I just went ahead and bought another brand to temporarily be able to use my console.

Not to be snarky, but that is my reality. I am now almost 3 months down this rabbit hole with no real solution, and I am tired of being scared to use my expensive headphones for fear of bricking my console until they discharge.

I'm not here to beat up on you guys.. but now that it has been this long, I really wish I could have returned them instead of believing that "we are hoping for a fix" in November.

Now, I will be waiting for a new set shipped to me here in Spain, and, I have to track down a DHL station, (I have no car here)... to send them back after packing the old ones up.

By my estimate, I have spent numerous hours in just attempting to solve problems, document, issues, and wait for a firmware update. Now I have to also track down a place to return the "faulty" ones... which I am hopeful is not identical in its issue.

It is getting to be too much effort for my tastes. Yeah, they sound good, when they are not bricking my console, or making me walk or bike/train to the nearest DHL station to return the old set.

You guys sure ask a lot from a customer who literally tried to report conditions and repeatable issues etc.

• Corsair Employee
Hello,

no my mac does not have the M1 chip and the Icue version is 3.37.140.

My headset appeared on a windows computer but not on my mac.

My headphones also had a buzz in my left ear, so I will send them back to my dealer and take one back, hoping for a quick update from you !!!

Still haven't heard from? you were talking about having it this week !!

I've learned that the HS75 XB won't be featured on macOS' iCue due to a limitation of software support for the required Microsoft chipset in this headset. Unfortunately, you'll require a Windows system to update the headset once available.

So, did this product even had quality testing? reading so many reports on users having this buzz. I really regret not returning this headset to the store day 1. really hope for a smooth replacement procedure

Yes, all of our products go through their own QA processes. When necessary, such processes are adjusted accordingly.

My first freeze was second day after buy. After battery died I full recharged it and I had second freeze after that. This time with low buzzing. It took 5 days before battery died and after that I'm recharging only under 500mAh capacity. I'm always afraid when turning on and off that could hapen again. I'm curious myself how often this happening other people. I have this headphones 10 days so I can't say. And throught these 10 days I was able use them only 3 days because freezes. It means 70% of time I wasn't able to use them. It's bad ratio for 175€ headphones.

I have hope for some positive news from Corsair Albert soon.

I'm sorry to hear that JMBounce - I do genuinely appreciate everyone's patience and understand the frustration of not being able to use your new headset which you've spent your hard-earned money on. If the buzzing is still present, please open a ticket with our support if you haven't done so already.

I opened a ticket... they will send me a new set of headphones, and I will have to send the old (well... 3 months) ones back.

So, by my estimate that will take several weeks.

Rather than wait that long I just went ahead and bought another brand to temporarily be able to use my console.

Not to be snarky, but that is my reality. I am now almost 3 months down this rabbit hole with no real solution, and I am tired of being scared to use my expensive headphones for fear of bricking my console until they discharge.

I'm not here to beat up on you guys.. but now that it has been this long, I really wish I could have returned them instead of believing that "we are hoping for a fix" in November.

Now, I will be waiting for a new set shipped to me here in Spain, and, I have to track down a DHL station, (I have no car here)... to send them back after packing the old ones up.

By my estimate, I have spent numerous hours in just attempting to solve problems, document, issues, and wait for a firmware update. Now I have to also track down a place to return the "faulty" ones... which I am hopeful is not identical in its issue.

It is getting to be too much effort for my tastes. Yeah, they sound good, when they are not bricking my console, or making me walk or bike/train to the nearest DHL station to return the old set.

You guys sure ask a lot from a customer who literally tried to report conditions and repeatable issues etc.

Fair criticism, Sebadoh. We do our best to make RMAs as smooth as possible, but we will make improvements where possible. This has definitely been a learning experience for us to prevent such cases where our customers have to resort to a RMA - it takes additional time and money from our side, and more importantly your valuable time. We'd be much happier knowing that our customers are enjoying our products rather than spending time attempting to resolve an issue. I apologize and would hand-deliver you a new headset if I could.

I've learned that the HS75 XB won't be featured on macOS' iCue due to a limitation of software support for the required Microsoft chipset in this headset. Unfortunately, you'll require a Windows system to update the headset ONCE AVAILABLE.

Wow.. that about seals the deal for me. I'm officially a very angry customer.

I said more than a week ago "I'm on a mac and I'm not sure how this will happen..." Today, my suspicions that were ignored... confirmed.

Seriously? A modern consumer product not supporting a major (and largest growing market segment), the Mac. In 1990, I could understand...

in 2021.... seriously?

I have been nice, I have been patient..

I even bought another branded set just to get me through all these months of hassle, so I do not vent too much frustration on here...

Now, once again, I wait, for both firmware, and "new" hardware, and I have had major hassles of spending over an hour on the phone... twice.

Now I will have to make an excursion (I have no car) to DHL to return the "headset" that I will have to pack up, that is likely fine... just software/firmware bugged.

The whole issue having to track down a DHL drop point (kilometers away), pack up a parcel, and take my bike and train and back... for a seriously effort-laden round-trip... is way more than just a hassle, and a grrrrr annoyance... I find that part totally unconscionable.

Now, however, I need to humbly ask a friend with a Windows PC, that will allow me install your software to do this, after I explain to them WHY I need to do this... by having your product bricked. grrr again.

By my tally, I've spent maybe 15-20 hours dealing with these... And now, despite YET ANOTHER week of "we were hoping, but again have no information", after this issue being reported... in NOVEMBER... I don't know what you guys make an hour... but I am now a very ticked off "customer", at what is expected of me to fix/diagnose/RETURN a knowingly (by the vendor) flawed product.

So:

I am told.. Still no info on how to actually FIX ANYTHING, but "Here are the shipping labels and RMA you will need to use to return the 'old' set to us. "Be sure to do so promptly." The tech even told me... as I nearly snorted coffee out of my nose. (I did not say "well if I have been waiting more than 3-months for a fix for this... What is your definition of "Promptly"?)

Now, I need to find a friend with a PC letting me install software onto it?!?!

Seriously?!?!

Hello.

Needless to say, here and the corsair support respond completely differently.

So I assume that these are only some "operators" who absolutely do not know the information from the company.

For example, I absolutely do not recommend installing the new firmware, as there are many cases on the reddit where the headphones have completely frozen after this installation.

Sadly, the Corsair Forum is not getting the information that such a company should provide.

• Corsair Employee

At the moment, the upcoming firmware update is detailed as follow:

• Power on/Power off sequencing has been improved and button duration should be more lenient.
  • Default volume level and wheel responsiveness improved.
  • LED indication should be improved in some edge cases where indication could be incorrect previous (ex. the headset could under some condition indicate pairing while not in pairing mode)
  • Charge indication LED accuracy should be improved.
  • Fix crashing issue where the headset could get locked up.

Availability is currently pending with our final validation step. I can not give an ETA - but it is high priority.

Ok so here's a strange one for your team corsair I've had the headset since Xmas had a few issue's no buzzing but frequent disconnects I've been lurking around this thread for a few months now patiently waiting for a new firmware update to resolve everyone's issues however today it hit my headset to I walked out of the room and it disconnected from the xbox so I came back in and it had locked up nothing was working couldn't turn it off or on so now I'm waiting for the battery to die no idea how long that's going to take but that's not the wieredest thing it's gets better my xbox would not stay in standby mode ot just kept turning itself on until I moved the headset out of range now corsair what do you say to that ? Thats got to be a new one for you

I've learned that the HS75 XB won't be featured on macOS' iCue due to a limitation of software support for the required Microsoft chipset in this headset. Unfortunately, you'll require a Windows system to update the headset once available.

Is anything being done to try and solve this problem?

I only have a Mac and because I had issues with my old one and had to upgrade a couple of months ago, I have one of the new ones with the M1 chip that can’t install Windows.

I’ve thankfully been lucky and not had any issues with my headset so far, but if I do, am I just out $200 because I don’t have a Windows computer?

Shouldn’t this have been communicated from day one on the product page so that someone like me could’ve made my purchasing decision knowing that firmware updates would be unavailable to me?

I liked my headset enough that when I was keyboard shopping a couple of weeks ago, I bought a Corsair keyboard as well, but I think I’ll be looking elsewhere in the future and buying from a company that, at the bare minimum, tells me in advance that I won’t be getting any post purchase support, rather than months after I give them my money.

headphones just bricked, making a constant buzzing sound,is non responsive and console or pc will not recognise it. contacted support #2004017901 ( after I filled it all out, I hit submit then a screen came up saying something went wrong, click here to go to the homepage, so did that then got an email saying it went through, so not sure if it went through or not Edited by svenkil

• Corsair Employee
It sounds like a reset options would greatly benefit all of us with these issues. If these issues, or others, come up again after the firmware update, you'd be saving yourself and your users headache. Do you know if this is included aswell?

Thank you

Manual resets are not a part of the firmware update. Manual resets are definitely on our list but at the moment I cannot guarantee if it'll be integrated via a firmware update.

Ok so here's a strange one for your team corsair I've had the headset since Xmas had a few issue's no buzzing but frequent disconnects I've been lurking around this thread for a few months now patiently waiting for a new firmware update to resolve everyone's issues however today it hit my headset to I walked out of the room and it disconnected from the xbox so I came back in and it had locked up nothing was working couldn't turn it off or on so now I'm waiting for the battery to die no idea how long that's going to take but that's not the wieredest thing it's gets better my xbox would not stay in standby mode ot just kept turning itself on until I moved the headset out of range now corsair what do you say to that ? Thats got to be a new one for you

That is a strange one. Thank you for your feedback, Corlo. I'll be sure to forward this information.

Is anything being done to try and solve this problem?

I only have a Mac and because I had issues with my old one and had to upgrade a couple of months ago, I have one of the new ones with the M1 chip that can’t install Windows.

I’ve thankfully been lucky and not had any issues with my headset so far, but if I do, am I just out $200 because I don’t have a Windows computer?

Shouldn’t this have been communicated from day one on the product page so that someone like me could’ve made my purchasing decision knowing that firmware updates would be unavailable to me?

I liked my headset enough that when I was keyboard shopping a couple of weeks ago, I bought a Corsair keyboard as well, but I think I’ll be looking elsewhere in the future and buying from a company that, at the bare minimum, tells me in advance that I won’t be getting any post purchase support, rather than months after I give them my money.

Unfortunately, the featured Microsoft chipset restrains us from integrating macOS support. Many of our devices are supported on iCUE for macOS, but the HS75 XB is unable due to the installed chipset. I apologize, mcmax3000 - I'll be sure to communicate the issue to prevent this repetition.

headphones just bricked, making a constant buzzing sound,is non responsive and console or pc will not recognise it. contacted support #2004017901 ( after I filled it all out, I hit submit then a screen came up saying something went wrong, click here to go to the homepage, so did that then got an email saying it went through, so not sure if it went through or not

If you got the confirmation email, it's likely to have gone through. Feel free to message me if they do not respond within a timely manner and I'll happily check on it.

Manual resets are not a part of the firmware update. Manual resets are definitely on our list but at the moment I cannot guarantee if it'll be integrated via a firmware update.

Why wouldn't this be prioritised? It is literally the best interim fix that could be offered at least as a workaround while the remaining issues are resolved. As it stands if the headset freezes, we just have to wait until the battery runs out because some bright spark in Corsair's engineering team didn't think a hard reset was needed, unlike literally every other piece of computer hardware in existence.

This has taken far too long to resolve for so simple a requirement; I've left a one-star review on Amazon referencing this thread and warning people off the product, I suggest others do the same.

• Confused 1

Why wouldn't this be prioritised? It is literally the best interim fix that could be offered at least as a workaround while the remaining issues are resolved. As it stands if the headset freezes, we just have to wait until the battery runs out because some bright spark in Corsair's engineering team didn't think a hard reset was needed, unlike literally every other piece of computer hardware in existence.

This has taken far too long to resolve for so simple a requirement; I've left a one-star review on Amazon referencing this thread and warning people off the product, I suggest others do the same.

I did, but Amazon Germany refused the review. I’m gonna try again soon.

It is crazy to me that this still hasn't been resolved. No temp fix, like a firmware update just to implement a manual reset? Just a key combo to reset the device, that should have been tested and deployed last year but we're in February, and all were getting is a possible fix to a list of problems. And all we're getting is "soon".

My headset has been unusable longer than it has been usable. I am 5 days away from the end of the 30 day return policy with Microsoft store, and if there is nothing before then, imma send it back. I really didn't want to, but this thread has been open for months and we're all in the same position, wait for it to run out of battery... Mines stuck off, it's taking forever. I know it's working because it's picked up in cue.

The 4+ month wait continues. I feel like they developed the coronavirus vaccine quicker than Corsair can implement a simple fix for bad firmware lol.

I gave up.

I bought another set, of a different brand. (1/2 the price, just as nice, works on my Mac and iPhone too, AND, they WORK!)

Now I am being pestered to send back the old set through the RMA, without having even gotten the replacement! lol. (They've sent several emails now... Which I find fascinating, as they are MUCH more interested in getting the old set back to them, than they are fixing them or getting me a new set. Despite having no car, and that being a HUGE pain in my ....)

The amount of effort this took was just more than it was worth to me.

I have the epitome of "buyer's remorse", and as it looks as though a fix is not coming anytime predictably, and being on a mac, it is not even a fix for me anyway.

So...

I gave up.

If you official posts are actual employees, I do indeed feel sorry for you having to "support" an obviously and knowingly flawed product.

I can just see the decision, as I worked in a company much like this once:

Engineering team lead - "Boss, we are not going to be able to ship them in time for the holidays. They have issues that must be fixed in order to work for many users."

CEO - "Guys, I don't care if they don't work yet... we'll fix them with a firmware update in the future. We need to SHIP them out NOW before the holiday season, we just spent $xxxxxxx to get "official XBox certification", and now it is time to sit back and soak in those sweet sweet holiday/new console profits. "

And that, my compatriots in this mess of a product, is how we are where we are.

Several of us have mentioned that we bought them for our Xbox, but only use a Mac as a computer. The solution is "the chipset is not able to do so in the mac.", which may be true, but is not a solution... at all.

But why not allow the firmware update like OTHER MS accessories, the the xbox accessories menu, ON THE XBOX? (You know, like Microsoft controllers update their firmware.... odd idea, I know.)

So, Here I am, being hounded to return my headset through the RMA label they sent to me... Before they even sent me a replacement!!!! Box them up in my own packaging? Take a train and my bike kilometers to the DHL point... and drop off the headset that will likely just get put into a dumpster when they get back to corsair. I already have HOURS invested in this little profiteering experiment.

I truly regret that I believed the lies that it would someday be fixed, and that by simply "waiting" (beyond the return period conveniently) ad nauseum, or ad infinitum....

Now.. I am kind of ashamed to admit I bought these, and believed the lies.

Hi, facing the freezing issue here as well. The headphones are new. I only used them a few times on Xbox series x. How long does it take exactly to drain the battery out when the white LED is remaining on? I understand that the battery life is around 20h when getting some sound out of it but what now? Thanks