Corsair Community

HS75 XB - Headset freezes and becomes unresponsive

ouch. 66 hours? Mine were pretty much fully charged (after having to drain them before because they froze) and stopped working again on Sunday night. was hoping for a Destiny 2 raid tonight but the light is still on and i'm only going to be 48 hours in... this is so unacceptable.

ouch. 66 hours? Mine were pretty much fully charged (after having to drain them before because they froze) and stopped working again on Sunday night. was hoping for a Destiny 2 raid tonight but the light is still on and i'm only going to be 48 hours in... this is so unacceptable.

Agreed!

The silence is deafening from the official accounts, on what is becoming a more widespread problem apparently. The thing is, this is not just an annoyance... this has basically bricked my console until I can get them working, as I play on a computer display with no audio-out.

When I had issues with a set of Apple headphones, they sent me a replacement set THE NEXT DAY, with a free month of Apple Music for inconvenience.

Here.. "We are hoping for a fix" was literally from an official Corsair posting in this thread. Seriously. "We are hoping". Well, while you are hoping, I am getting closer to class-action filings unless we get an update quickly. I don't mean a "we hope" message every month or so either. I want a solution. If it cannot be fixed. Replace or refund. Period. This is beyond unprofessional, it is unacceptable.

This whole scenario is disgraceful. One workaround for me is to only charge the headset for up to 15 minutes. My headset took over 50 hours to finally power off so I never charge and try to keep them to minimum power at all times.

That said ill never buy another Corsair product again. I left a negative Amazon review and will continue to tell friends, family, and fellow xbox live players to stay away from this company.

Mine bricked last night. Didn't even know this was an issue. I purchased these from Corsair's own site back in late November. They need to refund these and get them out of the market immediately. This is crazy. I've never had a product this flawed and have no immediate solution from the company.

What are suggestions for a better set, from a better company? I'm thinking these are a loss. I can't see an over the air fix. What does the console have to do with the actual headset not shutting off? It has to be hardware from the headset, right?

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone,

The firmware update is still in the process of validation. I apologize if it seems I am proposing false sympathy for everyone experiencing issues with their HS75 XB Wireless headsets - I'd be frustrated if I was in the same boat as well.

As mentioned before - a fix WILL BE given. We are not "hoping" for a fix as we have been working to resolve issues with the headset.

we are doing our due diligence to take care of you guys whether it's through a firmware update or replacement if necessary. As soon as the firmware is live on iCUE, we'll be sure to let you guys know.

Hey everyone,

The firmware update is still in the process of validation. I apologize if it seems I am proposing false sympathy for everyone experiencing issues with their HS75 XB Wireless headsets - I'd be frustrated if I was in the same boat as well.

As mentioned before - a fix WILL BE given. We are not "hoping" for a fix as we have been working to resolve issues with the headset.

It is totally useless repeat the same thing, pretending to have a different reaction from us.

How long it will take to have a firmware able to fix fix? DATE please.

UPDATE OF MY SITUATION: after 72 hours of white dot finally the led turned off. But when I plug the charge, it doesn't turn yellow, but the white dot return and the headphone doesn't work at all.

I have still some time to get them back. I'll wait for a few days than I willl return.

Just created a forum account to say that I have applied for a refund from my reseller after Corsair support confirmed (after them consulting their tech lead) that firmware will not fix:

* Buzzing in left earcup (mostly disappear when charging the headset)

* Sporadic audio sound dropouts

I haven't used the headset enough to experience any other problems. Have had 2 new headset of HS75 XB sent by my reseller that both had exact same problems. Corsair offered me to RMA my second headset but since I haven't seen anyone confirm they have a fully expected functionality of their headset I think RMA will not solve anything until there is a revision of this headset so I proceeded to ask for refund.

(Corsair reference: 2003951418)

But please if firmware does fix anything or anyone have a headset without buzzing let me know and I may considering buying the headset again. (I will follow this thread)

I decided to hold off on returning mine I got them back in October and got a second set from a different company in the mean time until an update is pushed out. As for buzzing I haven't had that problem nor have I had drops only the freezing and the charging light issue. Being that the firmware is currently being validated I assume the push will be soon. But that's just me think like it's with an android update going through the process making sure it's stable.

Hey everyone,

Albert, I appreciate the response but can you give us anything with substance? Why are these issues happening, what was the diagnosis of all these issues people are reporting and how will a firmware update fix them? Also, will the firmware update allow for a hard reset option like other mainstream headsets?

Just created a forum account to say that I have applied for a refund from my reseller after Corsair support confirmed (after them consulting their tech lead) that firmware will not fix:

* Buzzing in left earcup (mostly disappear when charging the headset)

* Sporadic audio sound dropouts

I haven't used the headset enough to experience any other problems. Have had 2 new headset of HS75 XB sent by my reseller that both had exact same problems. Corsair offered me to RMA my second headset but since I haven't seen anyone confirm they have a fully expected functionality of their headset I think RMA will not solve anything until there is a revision of this headset so I proceeded to ask for refund.

(Corsair reference: 2003951418)

But please if firmware does fix anything or anyone have a headset without buzzing let me know and I may considering buying the headset again. (I will follow this thread)

I've had them since mid to late November. I have had no issues with them at all audio wise. But yesterday, they wouldn't turn off. And they're still not turning off. I have to wait until the battery dies and charge them from there. This issue hopefully will be corrected with a firmware update, but regardless, it's inexcusable to have a $150 product be so problematic. We should be getting the choice to return them for full money back in my opinion. Or they should simply admit they've messed up and give us some sort of credit to purchase another, working set.

hello, I am French, I apologize in advance for my English!

For my part, I only have the problem of the led which remains yellow.

But I would like to know if it is normal that my headset is not recognized by the Icue software?

I use the cable provided with the headset but the headset never appears!

Ok... I'm done ranting, I just want a real answer and solution, and timeframe... Is it days? Weeks? More months?

I mean, let's be serious here... I need a solution or my console is a brick as it has been a significant amount of time since buying these... so if is going to be more than a few days... just please tell us!

I mean if it is more than a week, I'll buy a cheap set from somewhere else to wait it out, and stop pestering you guys on the forums... but this whole ambiguous "someday" makes it difficult to plan.

I feel badly for the people at Corsair that have to provide support to an angry mob, because someone at their company decided to ship a knowingly flawed product. (I worked for a company like this... I have been there.)

Whether to take advantage of holiday/console sales, or a design engineer didn't do their job, and QA failed in catching it, I do feel sympathy for their job. It is that this has been going on since... NOVEMBER, with almost no information.

That said. If these were cheap, I would have just written it off to caveat emptor, "buyer beware", but instead, these are literally the most EXPENSIVE solution, and the least supported... and since it has been so long to fix this issue, that I cannot return them.. well....

Updated data-point I am now at 5-days of the white brick light... I'll see what happens this evening after work if they are still discharging. Your battery life in standby is really good! (grin)

Suggestion to users who have not had this happen.. do not keep them fully charged... it is closing in on a week (and who knows how much longer?) to discharge.

Ok... I'm done ranting, I just want a real answer and solution, and timeframe... Is it days? Weeks? More months?

I mean, let's be serious here... I need a solution or my console is a brick as it has been a significant amount of time since buying these... so if is going to be more than a few days... just please tell us!

I mean if it is more than a week, I'll buy a cheap set from somewhere else to wait it out, and stop pestering you guys on the forums... but this whole ambiguous "someday" makes it difficult to plan.

I feel badly for the people at Corsair that have to provide support to an angry mob, because someone at their company decided to ship a knowingly flawed product. (I worked for a company like this... I have been there.)

Whether to take advantage of holiday/console sales, or a design engineer didn't do their job, and QA failed in catching it, I do feel sympathy for their job. It is that this has been going on since... NOVEMBER, with almost no information.

That said. If these were cheap, I would have just written it off to caveat emptor, "buyer beware", but instead, these are literally the most EXPENSIVE solution, and the least supported... and since it has been so long to fix this issue, that I cannot return them.. well....

Updated data-point I am now at 5-days of the white brick light... I'll see what happens this evening after work if they are still discharging. Your battery life in standby is really good! (grin)

Suggestion to users who have not had this happen.. do not keep them fully charged... it is closing in on a week (and who knows how much longer?) to discharge.

The overall approach of this company is a big disappointment. In support, they don't even know what one is asking them. It doesn't even make sense to comment here, the Corsair admin is not even a member of the Corsair team in my opinion and he is responsible for getting rid of us. Huge disappointment from this company, above all, I do not understand how they can have people in the team who can't answer the questions that keep recurring here. In support of Corsair, it's practically the same, and I think the same people are writing it off as here.

Hey everyone,

Hello Corsair Albert.

Can you tell how long will be this validation process persist? Can you tell some aproximate date? Not much time to refund for me. Honestly, I don't want to refund because I'm pleased with sound quality. Designers did great job with comfort, decent design and sound design. But software is important too and I understand it need to be polished. But please try to more honest and tell us some details. Now it seems like you are lost and trying to buy some time. More honest it's what I'm asking for. We want more details and I think we deserve it. People like us what are buying these premium things usually understand technique more then regular customers. So please be honest and tell us what is going on. This is about reputation and it's serious thing.

My only nitpick is that the mic monitoring isn't very strong and doesn't pick up your voice unless the mic is literally pressed to your lips...

THERE'S MIC MONITORING? LOL. SMH.

AAAAAAAnd now my headset is also stuck in on with the low buzzing tone as reported here on the forums. Can not turn it off, plugging it into the charger does nothing, taking out the mic = nothing, hard restart to console does nothing. I've already found the thread of this problem reported here where the Corsair rep forwarded those people here . . .

. . .

I hope Best Buy will refund me after the 30 day warranty. This is absurd. I'm getting a Steel Series. Otherwise Corsair, I hope the "warranty exchange" ticket I have opened with you guys is subject to a refund instead.

New data point from fully charged set.

6-days. Still bricked LED.

Got to give you guys props for your standby battery life! lol.

OK!!! 6.5 days seems to be my sweet spot... I came back to no LED glowing.. I charged it for 30 minutes through the front USB port and hte cable that came with the headeset, and I'm in.

I was scared to turn it on, but it paired, but I am noting ia LOT more little minimal drop outs.. like a 1/4 second of a breakup of the sound. Still looking into that.. and if I can find a solution, but it is pretty common, and I play like 6-8 feet from my console.

After four days, the battery finally gave out and my headset turned off. I was keen to try and work out how the freeze happens as I don't really want to get stuck with it again. Up until now, I've been turning it off after I'm done gaming and that's (I believe) where it happens. Last night instead, I turned the xbox off from the remote and it automatically powered down the headset. No issues turning it back on again either. Did this a few times, just to check and it seemed to work. I'm not sure if this has been the cause for me, but it's what i'm going with for now until a patch is released.

As much as it probably makes sense to throw in the towel and just return them, there's nothing else I'd prefer out there, so I'm hoping that this does get fixed properly. That patch really needs to get here quickly though...

Being a mac user, I assume I will be able to do so from the xbox menu, and not from a Windows PC computer only.

I have been somewhat concerned, and curious as to the workaround for a Mac user.

So far, so good for me though... I'm always little scared to use them. They are sitting there on the table, it is Friday night, they are saying "Come on, try us again! we discharged! We'll be better now! We won't brick again.. we promise!!!" lol.

After 5 days battery finaly died. Now I'm recharging. But I'm afraid. Rather not above 400mAh. I'm glad I have USB capacity meter. I don't want to wait next week for usable headphone for sure. I have time to next Friday to refund it. And it is what I will propably do. Lack of comunication, no detail what the problem is and no solution after all. I swear, no Corsair products anymore. I bought premium product and I expect flawless product. But this is the worst headphones I ever had. Not by sound quality but software (firmware). This is the worst experience what I had with accessories. And I mean it. And if I notify the trade inspection, they will withdraw your goods from the market. And I know you have interests in our country due the infulencers on youtube. And be awere that I'm not alone. This is your reputation. And I can go and buy competitive product of course. But it can't go without response from my side. Sorry but I can't. Other people need to be warned.

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I do not have an update today and wish I had more to bring. Next week, I'll have more information regarding the firmware update. The firmware update is undoubtedly overdue - but I just wanted to quickly chime in that I'll have a more concrete follow-up next week regarding when it will be available and details of fixes.

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I do not have an update today and wish I had more to bring. Next week, I'll have more information regarding the firmware update. The firmware update is undoubtedly overdue - but I just wanted to quickly chime in that I'll have a more concrete follow-up next week regarding when it will be available and details of fixes.

Thank you.