Corsair Community

HS75 XB - Headset freezes and becomes unresponsive

• Corsair Employee

We have been made aware of a potential issue that some users are experiencing with our HS75 XB Wireless headset which causes the headset to freeze and become unresponsive. In these instances the headset may exhibit the following behavior:

• No audio output from the headset

• Remains on and will not power off

• White LED remains on

• Possible buzzing

We are currently working on replicating this issue, with the hopes that a solution can be implemented through a firmware update once resolved. We will provide an updated response here once the solution is available for download.

In the meantime, in the event the headset freezes and refuses to power off, you can regain functionality by letting the battery fully drain and recharging it afterwards. The headset should resume normal functionality when it is powered on again. Unfortunately there is no way to “force” a reset at this time, but we are also looking at potentially implementing this as well.

While we work on a firmware fix for the headset, if you experience these symptoms and the above method does not reset the headset, please contact our customer support team through the support portal below and they will be happy to assist you:

https://support.corsair.com/

If you’d like to help us solve this issue more quickly, please provide us with details on how/if you are able to reproduce this behavior will help in expediting a solution.

Include your system specifications, what you were doing when the issue presented itself, and the method you use to “force” the issue to occur.

Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

The CORSAIR Team

UPDATE

We have addressed this issue with a Firmware update (v3.0.3) which is available through iCUE 3.38.61, and can be downloaded here. You will need to connect the headset to a Windows based PC to perform the necessary update procedure in the settings tab. If you have already updated to iCUE 4.9.x, you will need to revert back to the previous version to perform the firmware update procedure. We'll update this post once the update is available through iCUE 4.x.x.

Please provide any feedback if this update affects the behavior.

Edited by Corsair Nick

Hi, thank you for confirming the issue and looking into a fix.

I'm unaware of anyway to force the issue. Possibly pressing the power button quickly maybe more like to cause it. It's happened to me twice randomly and now I make sure to hold down the power button until it beeps and switches on itself.

Also to note - Since the first time it froze the power light behaviour when charging has changed. It used to flash amber when charging and display a constant white light when fully charged.

After it first froze it now only flashes amber for a short time and then the light switches off (but I guess its still charging) and has no indication when fully charged.

Playing on xbox. I have setting to play chat audio through headset and tv. It wasn't playing through the tv at the time so I plugged a regular mic to the controller and It was the same. So I went back to my corsair and that's when I noticed the buzz and I couldn't power off

I can confirm to both of these statements about the current situation with this headset since I've had the same thing happen to me I'm also on the Series X. I'd also like to know if maybe you guys can up the volume on the mic monitoring and if it's possible to save the last volume setting on the headset so we don't have to turn it up every time we turn it on.

• Corsair Employee
I can confirm to both of these statements about the current situation with this headset since I've had the same thing happen to me I'm also on the Series X. I'd also like to know if maybe you guys can up the volume on the mic monitoring and if it's possible to save the last volume setting on the headset so we don't have to turn it up every time we turn it on.

Thank you for the feedback. I'll pass these suggestions along to our development team to review. Not sure if the saved volume setting is something controlled by Microsoft, but they can take a look into it.

• Corsair Employee
I am on a Xbox One X and a PC (xbox wireless adapter). I have the buzzing in the left ear the moment the headset connects to either device, as it does not buzz if it's just on with no connected device. I've tried doing a soft reset as mentioned in my support ticket, but no luck.

Can you PM me your ticket number? I'd like to take a deeper look into this with our support team.

I have also had my new headset lock up. Xbox Series X; no buzzing; it happened when powering on the headset. The Series X was already on with the controller paired. The headset didn't beep the way it normally does to indicate that it is on and didn't pair with the Xbox. I just submitted a ticket request, but then found this thread (no ticket number yet). Thanks for looking into the issue and I hope that you find a fix. Prior to this I've loved the HS75 XB.

Throw me into the stack of people experiencing this issue.

Same behavior as user Spam-n-eggs.

Xbox Series X (in the default Instant On mode)

Corsair HS75 XB

No buzzing, just a white light and didn't pair with the console when I powered on. Holding power/mute/etc doesn't seem to do anything (as indicated in the OP).

Waiting for them to die now...

I am currently having audio chopping with my Corsair HS75 XB's when using them with Dolby Atmos on in Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War and Call of Duty Warzone. I am using the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. I have tried my controller wired to see if it was an interference issue but the issue persisted. I am able to have normal audio whenever Dolby Atmos is turned off. I was able to run with Dolby Atmos as of 3 days ago but now it the headphones constantly chop in and out with audio. Audio does not chop when listening to music on the PC.

Hello.

I am playing on Xbox Series X

I am also experiencing buzzing in Cyberpunk 2077 during reading notes (plugin in pendirve into my character head).

In game audio settings set as headphones.

I am also experiencing the same issue mentioned of buzzing while playing Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series X during reading notes with same settings. I thought it was just me, good to hear others are noticing this as well.

I have also had my new headset lock up. Xbox Series X; no buzzing; it happened when powering on the headset. The Series X was already on with the controller paired. The headset didn't beep the way it normally does to indicate that it is on and didn't pair with the Xbox. I just submitted a ticket request, but then found this thread (no ticket number yet). Thanks for looking into the issue and I hope that you find a fix. Prior to this I've loved the HS75 XB.

Again, I have had this same problem mentioned here with my Xbox Series X and HS75 XB. I had to hold the headset power button down for another 10 seconds to repair the headset with the console. This was after it had been paired and was working a few hours prior.

Thank you for noticing these issues. I have experienced all the issues mentioned and hope these comments help:

• No audio output from the headset

• Remains on and will not power off

• White LED remains on

• Possible buzzing

I am using an Xbox Series X with HS75 XB headset.

When connecting headset to Xbox Series X for use (after initial pairing) there appears to be no sound in the headset. I have tried 2 different ways to fix. I either have had to disconnect the headset and turn it on again to solve or sometimes when I turn the volume wheel way up on the headset it seems to work also. This is strange as the volume wheel has not been adjusted after playing and turning off form last session.

It is not easy to shut the headset off with power button. Is there a tutorial I am missing?

When headset is on, if I press the power button once the headset does not seem to turn off. If I hold the power button until I hear a tone. Usually this is about 3 seconds. It says the headset is disconnected from Xbox however I get a flashing white LED light on the headset, same as when you hold the power button for 10 seconds to do initial pairing with Xbox. This flashing light does not seem to turn off.

I am getting a buzzing noise while playing CyberPunk 2077 and go into the notes menu or settings in game. This buzzing goes away once back in game.

Just got HS75 XB last night. Buzzing in left ear is comstant.

Buzzing is present when in xbox series x dashboard, in COD cold war, and when playing blu-ray movies.

Is there a firmware fix coming?

Ticket number for support: (2003840988)

Used the headset on series X with no problems so far. No buzzing etc etc.

When I've got it connected to my laptop, with a built-in wireless receiver, the headset will randomly freeze, lagging my screen and switching game audio back to the speakers. Discord audio doesn't switch along.

Turning the headset off and on again restores the audio till the next freeze.

Same problem. Yesterday when I shut down my Xbox series X, the headset freeze. There is the white light, I can’t turn off, I can’t reset, I can’t use them. Just waiting them to die... but how many time it need? Cause it’s like 21 hours that it’s freeze..

Same problem. Yesterday when I shut down my Xbox series X, the headset freeze. There is the white light, I can’t turn off, I can’t reset, I can’t use them. Just waiting them to die... but how many time it need? Cause it’s like 21 hours that it’s freeze..

Lyon - Mine took less than 24 hours to die. I think they were fairly charged but not 100%. Hope this helps.

Throw me into the stack of people experiencing this issue.

Same behavior as user Spam-n-eggs.

Xbox Series X (in the default Instant On mode)

Corsair HS75 XB

No buzzing, just a white light and didn't pair with the console when I powered on. Holding power/mute/etc doesn't seem to do anything (as indicated in the OP).

Waiting for them to die now...

Update - I checked early this afternoon and they had died. So somewhere around 24 hours total in the "stuck" state. I'm not sure the charge beforehand, somewhere in the 50-75% range.

So I started charging them via a wall charger. The LED flashed yellow a few times and then stopped. Normally obviously it stays yellow while it is charging. I saw a few other people note this behavior as well. I then turned on my Xbox, and then turned on the headset. It connected to the Xbox but was not assigned to my account automatically as before. I went into the Devices > Accessories and manually re-assigned it to my account and they are working.

Further, I plugged them into my PC as someone else had noted (can't remember if this thread or another one) which somehow did kick the yellow light into coming back on while charging.

I am sure they will freeze again, and will update if/when that happens. It is unfortunate that Corsair did not implement a simple "hold power for 20 seconds to turn off the headset" function as that would allow us to quickly get out of this state and get going again until a proper firmware update is released, either on the Xbox side or Corsair side, wherever the issue lies. It is certainly frustrating to not be able to use your new expensive headset for 24 hours at a time.

I wouldn't of returned them unless you can't afford to buy a cheap headset to hold you over while they work on fixing the issue. They need us to give feedback in order for them to implement a fix and add other features that we asked for. This headset is amazing when it works and it's only a matter of time until an update is available to make them stable without fear of them freezing and taking sometimes days to die so we can use them again.