Corsair Community

HS75 XB - Headset freezes and becomes unresponsive

• Corsair Employee

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the responses.

The file update may have taken some time to populate the iCUE servers, so hopefully more availability is apparent by now. Is 3.0.3 still not showing up for anyone?

For anyone whose experiencing an issue with the headset post-update - is the headset able to go into pairing mode? Just a quick reminder that pairing mode is entered via holding the power button until the LED is blinking white.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the responses.

The file update may have taken some time to populate the iCUE servers, so hopefully more availability is apparent by now. Is 3.0.3 still not showing up for anyone?

For anyone whose experiencing an issue with the headset post-update - is the headset able to go into pairing mode? Just a quick reminder that pairing mode is entered via holding the power button until the LED is blinking white.

Nope. There are no signs of life other than when connected to iCUE, it'll show up in the list, but that's it. Plugging it into USB does not turn on the charge indicator in any way. Holding down the power button for any amount of time does nothing -- no pairing, no power on, absolutely nothing.

• Corsair Employee
Nope. There are no signs of life other than when connected to iCUE, it'll show up in the list, but that's it. Plugging it into USB does not turn on the charge indicator in any way. Holding down the power button for any amount of time does nothing -- no pairing, no power on, absolutely nothing.

Thanks Ekopy,

Did you update through a USB hub or dock of some sort, by any chance?

Also - for anyone whose 3.0.3 update is not showing up, what iCUE version is being ran? Also, try closing any other monitor or RGB software other than iCUE when processing the FW update.

Edited by Corsair Nick

Thanks Ekopy,

Also - for anyone whose 3.0.3 update is not showing up, what iCUE version is being ran? Also, try closing any other monitor or RGB software other than iCUE when processing the FW update.

I have ICUE ver. 3.37.140. Last time I had 3.0.3 firmware version avaiable. Now is 3.0.2. I tried to force this update. After install 3.0.2 nothing changed. I connected my HS75 XB directly to computer an still nothing. I can't power them on and any led indicator dont't flash.

It's sad but before the update everything worked perfectly. I was not left to return the headphones to the store.

Edited by szambur

I have ICUE ver. 3.37.140. Last time I had 3.0.3 firmware version avaiable. Now is 3.0.2. I tried to force this update. After install 3.0.2 nothing changed. I connected my HS75 XB directly to computer an still nothing. I can't power them on and any led indicator dont't flash.

It's sad but before the update everything worked perfectly. I was not left to return the headphones to the store.

My P/N CA-9011222 and LOT-N 20327417

I am experiencing the same behavior as others in this thread. After trying the 3.0.3 firmware update, the headset no longer had an LED indicator and the headset is rendered useless. I tried installing 3.0.2 back on the headset cause that is what shows up in iCUE now but the headset is still just dead. When plugged in the pc will recognize the headset is there, but the led light is still off. I can't pair it to my xbox or anything like that. I did not use a usb hub or dock to install the firmware update. This is incredibly frustrating as I was experiencing the issues with the freezing and being unable to use them until they die before the update, so the update was necessary and it just bricks the headset it seems.

Thanks Ekopy,

I've tried thru the USB passthru on my Corsair K70 keyboard and I've also tried thru the motherboard itself. Neither change the result of these being lifeless.

In fact, looking at iCUE right now, iCUE is only seeing firmware 3.0.2 as being the latest. I'm guessing that 3.0.3 was retracted. Which is fine. However, trying to force the firmware back to 3.0.2 still produces no joy.

• Corsair Employee

Quick update for everyone. We’ve made the decision to pull the 3.0.3 firmware update for further testing based on the feedback received here. Although we do perform a rigorous validations process before releasing all of our updates, there is always a chance the update can fail outside our control.

We appreciate your patience and the feedback all of you have provided while we continue to work on improving the product experience. Once we have a new update available, we’ll notify you to update the headset. For those who were able to successfully update their headsets, please do feel free to chime in there's any new feedback.

Quick update for everyone. We’ve made the decision to pull the 3.0.3 firmware update for further testing based on the feedback received here. Although we do perform a rigorous validations process before releasing all of our updates, there is always a chance the update can fail outside our control.

We appreciate your patience and the feedback all of you have provided while we continue to work on improving the product experience. Once we have a new update available, we’ll notify you to update the headset. For those who were able to successfully update their headsets, please do feel free to chime in there's any new feedback.

4 months of feedback and hold music.

Update released.

Half the replies to update are reports of bricks.

Update pulled after 3 days because of bricked headsets.

Communicated another day later that the update was pulled because of "feedback"

They're still selling the headset, at £170.

Is there any quick solution planned for those whose headphones stopped working after the update? I have the same problem as the user @Ekopy

I had my headset bricked when I tried to force the 3.0.2 firmware after having the same issues everyone else here was having. Had to RMA my headset back to Corsair for a replacement. When this happens it appears the headset gets stuck in bootloader mode. Mine was showing up as SDHM Bootloader in Devices and Printers. Corsair has a help page for the Void Pro headset to recover from bootloader mode but unfortunately those steps do not seem to work for the HS75 XB. Edited by mz6guy

• Corsair Employee
Is there any quick solution planned for those whose headphones stopped working after the update? I have the same problem as the user @Ekopy

We're working to have the fix/firmware update available ASAP. No ETA at the moment.

I had my headset bricked when I tried to force the 3.0.2 firmware after having the same issues everyone else here was having. Had to RMA my headset back to Corsair for a replacement. When this happens it appears the headset gets stuck in bootloader mode. Mine was showing up as SDHM Bootloader in Devices and Printers. Corsair has a help page for the Void Pro headset to recover from bootloader mode but unfortunately those steps do not seem to work for the HS75 XB.

Thank you for the information mz6guy.

I talked a friend into letting me use their Windows P.C. to install the update... it worked.

For a day or two.

Now... bricked again like everyone else.

observations:

I noticed no change to my charging lights after the update...

I charged them fully with the cable that was supplied, plugged into the front usb port on the console.

The periodic dropouts seemed fewer, but then they died again, so no more data to report.

Just wanted to say having now used them for many hours I can say that the update has much improved the headset they are now working allot better with fewer drop outs mainly only near when the battery is empty do they start to disconnect which I have put down to just that a low battery also LED light is now behaving as I would have thought it should blinking when low and the power button pressing is as stated allot more forgiving

We're working to have the fix/firmware update available ASAP. No ETA at the moment.

Do you know anything about an upcoming update? My headphones are not working for a week now as update 3.0.3 broke them, it looks a bit poor :[pouts:

Do you know anything about an upcoming update? My headphones are not working for a week now as update 3.0.3 broke them, it looks a bit poor :[pouts:

No ETA, but it is important to them, it is a high priority and has been for 5 months now.. hopefully soon.

I was lucky, broke within 30 days, returned to supplier.

• Corsair Employee
I talked a friend into letting me use their Windows P.C. to install the update... it worked.

For a day or two.

Now... bricked again like everyone else.

observations:

I noticed no change to my charging lights after the update...

I charged them fully with the cable that was supplied, plugged into the front usb port on the console.

The periodic dropouts seemed fewer, but then they died again, so no more data to report.

Thanks for your input, Sebadoh. What day did you update your headset?

Just wanted to say having now used them for many hours I can say that the update has much improved the headset they are now working allot better with fewer drop outs mainly only near when the battery is empty do they start to disconnect which I have put down to just that a low battery also LED light is now behaving as I would have thought it should blinking when low and the power button pressing is as stated allot more forgiving

Much appreciated, Corlo. Do you have a mesh Wi-Fi network system, by any chance?

We've been able to pinpoint the issue and currently have a fix in the works.

Hello,

I have the same message as everyone else. Extremely annoying. Not exactly the cheapest headset around, so it's safe to say that it should be better than this.

Edited by fkoh111

Thanks for your input, MGSNK. Does the issue occur with the original Xbox wireless controller?

Sorry for the inconvenience, Frazyr. I currently do not have an ETA for the upcoming firmware update, but its priority remains high. Once available, the firmware update will be available for installation via our iCUE software on a Windows PC. You can download iCUE here, via the "Download Now" button at the top of the page.

I can confirm that this happens with the standard Xbox series X controller. Hard reset is needed to reconnect the controller.

I’ve been following this topic for quite a while, I feel sorry for a lot of you all, at the same time I’m really fascinated by what the issue actually is.

I own a pair, paired up with an Xbox Series X, ONLY using an Elite Series 2 Controller and here’s some thing’s I’ve noticed.

Not experiencing the issues that most of you have, overall it works well, but… I have seen some issues which for me indicate some troubles with the Xbox Wireless protocol…

- It can be quirky, when I turn on the Xbox, and turn on the headset BEFORE being logged into my profile. It can be so quirky, that the Elite Series 2 refuses to connect and goes into blinking mode..! Only way to fix it, is doing a hard turn off of the Xbox.

- The headset is extremely unreliable when it gets to low battery mode. Here, the same thing happens… If it goes dead while I’m still gaming, the Elite Series 2 loses connection and goes into full on blinking mode, not responding to any input. Only solution? Hard turn off of the Xbox.

Not to take away any actions from Corsair, but I wouldn’t be surprised if these Microsoft provided chips need some firmware updating too…

There definitely seems to be some sort of interference happening with the Xbox Wireless protocol, as the headset has a clear impact on the controllers functioning.

Yes I have this issue as well with this headset while connected to a series x with an elite series 2