Corsair Community

HS75 XB - Headset freezes and becomes unresponsive

All right, went through all the posts. This freezing issue looks a bit like a nightmare. I understant that it can take up to 70 hrs to fully drain out the battery (not very convenient everyone will admit for a brand new product at 200€). Furthermore, it seems that there is no clear agenda for the release of a firmware update yet. In my case, I still have an opportunity to return them for a full refund. It should be wise to go for it after everything I have read :(. Thanks to all for sharing your feedback and goodbye Corsair Team. Farewell.

I’ve been following this topic for quite a while, I feel sorry for a lot of you all, at the same time I’m really fascinated by what the issue actually is.

I own a pair, paired up with an Xbox Series X, ONLY using an Elite Series 2 Controller and here’s some thing’s I’ve noticed.

Not experiencing the issues that most of you have, overall it works well, but… I have seen some issues which for me indicate some troubles with the Xbox Wireless protocol…

- It can be quirky, when I turn on the Xbox, and turn on the headset BEFORE being logged into my profile. It can be so quirky, that the Elite Series 2 refuses to connect and goes into blinking mode..! Only way to fix it, is doing a hard turn off of the Xbox.

- The headset is extremely unreliable when it gets to low battery mode. Here, the same thing happens… If it goes dead while I’m still gaming, the Elite Series 2 loses connection and goes into full on blinking mode, not responding to any input. Only solution? Hard turn off of the Xbox.

Not to take away any actions from Corsair, but I wouldn’t be surprised if these Microsoft provided chips need some firmware updating too…

There definitely seems to be some sort of interference happening with the Xbox Wireless protocol, as the headset has a clear impact on the controllers functioning.

Edited by MGSNK

I also have the freeze problem with my expensive HS75 xb. I think its. Ridiculous with a expensive headset like this.

When can we expect the fixing patch and how do we patch the headset?

We deserve answers.

Already left a bad review and returned my first hs75 xb for a replacement. Having the same issue with my new one.

I also have the freeze problem with my expensive HS75 xb. I think its. Ridiculous with a expensive headset like this.

We deserve answers.

Already left a bad review and returned my first hs75 xb for a replacement. Having the same issue with my new one.

With you, it's so frustrating.

£170 for a headset, it's been dead for over a month

It's coming up on a month, since this kind-of update... Anything new, other than "am hoping for a firmware update ASAP'? (Asking for a friend...)

Hey everyone,

I share your frustration and am hoping for a firmware update ASAP. Currently, the upcoming firmware update is going through our validations process. We appreciate your patience and understand the inconvenience - rest assured, we are doing our due diligence to take care of you guys whether it's through a firmware update or replacement if necessary. As soon as the firmware is live on iCUE, we'll be sure to let you guys know.

Thank you, WiscoDavid - hoping for a fix soon as well.

Thank you for the input, YayoProtocal. This is indeed our first officially licensed headset for Xbox - we'll be learning a lot from this to guarantee issues like these are entirely avoidable for future headsets.

This is not an excuse for any of the HS75's behavior, but just a heads up for everyone: Microsoft themselves has acknowledged headset issues with the Xbox Series X/S, and what you mention with the headset losing connection sounds similar. Information here.

• Corsair Employee
I’ve been following this topic for quite a while, I feel sorry for a lot of you all, at the same time I’m really fascinated by what the issue actually is.

I own a pair, paired up with an Xbox Series X, ONLY using an Elite Series 2 Controller and here’s some thing’s I’ve noticed.

Not experiencing the issues that most of you have, overall it works well, but… I have seen some issues which for me indicate some troubles with the Xbox Wireless protocol…

- It can be quirky, when I turn on the Xbox, and turn on the headset BEFORE being logged into my profile. It can be so quirky, that the Elite Series 2 refuses to connect and goes into blinking mode..! Only way to fix it, is doing a hard turn off of the Xbox.

- The headset is extremely unreliable when it gets to low battery mode. Here, the same thing happens… If it goes dead while I’m still gaming, the Elite Series 2 loses connection and goes into full on blinking mode, not responding to any input. Only solution? Hard turn off of the Xbox.

Not to take away any actions from Corsair, but I wouldn’t be surprised if these Microsoft provided chips need some firmware updating too…

There definitely seems to be some sort of interference happening with the Xbox Wireless protocol, as the headset has a clear impact on the controllers functioning.

Thanks for your input, MGSNK. Does the issue occur with the original Xbox wireless controller?

We deserve answers.

Sorry for the inconvenience, Frazyr. I currently do not have an ETA for the upcoming firmware update, but its priority remains high. Once available, the firmware update will be available for installation via our iCUE software on a Windows PC. You can download iCUE here, via the "Download Now" button at the top of the page.

Thanks for your input, MGSNK. Does the issue occur with the original Xbox wireless controller?

I don’t know, I honestly don’t feel like trying my luck here :D:. It has worked for me without much trouble and I would like to keep it that way.

"Your call is important to us. You are in a queue and your call will be answered as soon as possible"..

"Your call is important to us. You are in a queue and your call will be answered as soon as possible"..

"Your call is important to us. You are in a queue and your call will be answered as soon as possible"

Corsair,

I really do value your products and the quality, but currently the quality assurance from the team is a little amateur...especially for a $200+ product. I’ve had the headset for about 2 months and it’s the best headset I have ever had and really do enjoy using it! But, the fact this has been a known issue since early December and there is still no fix is a little alarming. I hope this doesn’t come across as rude or anything, but I haven’t been able to use my headset for over 48+ hours and that’s pretty frustrating. From my understanding when the white light is solid it’s connected to a device, but what device? I’ve tried everything from disconnecting to resetting my Xbox and controller...nothing seems to fix it.

I should note this isn’t the first issue I have run into with this headset. But if it’s any help I’m pretty sure this issue has to deal with Xbox Elite Controller and Xbox Series X powering off before the headset? Also still awaiting a response on my open ticket.

Please help

UPDATE: The headset has finally died after 48hours+. Was successfully able to charge it after a few attempts. It would flash amber then go off. Finally after the forth attempt or so it stayed solid amber and held a charge. Able to go back to using it. Hope this can help anyone who experiences similar and or help Corsair with narrowing down on the issue. Cheers

Edited by Forest

I was curious, as to how long exactly this has been going on, so I thought it was more productive to lay it out as a timeline, as it is really ridiculous when it is all laid out. These are the historical responses from every interaction from the Corsair team:

1. Dec 9, 2020 -

"We have been made aware of a potential issue that some users are experiencing with our HS75 XB Wireless headset which causes the headset to freeze and become unresponsive. In these instances the headset may exhibit the following behavior:

• No audio output from the headset

• Remains on and will not power off

• White LED remains on

• Possible buzzing

We are currently working on replicating this issue, with the hopes that a solution can be implemented through a firmware update once resolved. We will provide an updated response here once the solution is available for download.

In the meantime, in the event the headset freezes and refuses to power off, you can regain functionality by letting the battery fully drain and recharging it afterwards. The headset should resume normal functionality when it is powered on again. Unfortunately there is no way to “force” a reset at this time, but we are also looking at potentially implementing this as well.

While we work on a firmware fix for the headset, if you experience these symptoms and the above method does not reset the headset, please contact our customer support team through the support portal below and they will be happy to assist you:

If you’d like to help us solve this issue more quickly, please provide us with details on how/if you are able to reproduce this behavior will help in expediting a solution.

Include your system specifications, what you were doing when the issue presented itself, and the method you use to “force” the issue to occur.

Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

The CORSAIR Team"

So, we did... for months. I, as well as several others made good-faith efforts, and reported several conditions defining situations that could be used as diagnosis. Then however, the diagnosis posts began to get repetitive, as others has the exact same issues.

2. Dec 18, 2020 -

"Thank you for your input Spam-n-eggs and anudewalrus. I've forwarded the information to our relevant team as we continue investigating the issue."

3. Dec 22, 2020 -

"Thank you everyone for providing all the details about how the behavior is occurring, and steps you've tried to resolve it. All of this information is being relayed to our development team that is working to come up with some fixes as soon as possible.

Based on the feedback most of you provided, the freeze occurs during the first 20-24hrs of use. Is this after the before or after the first initial charge? Are you charging the headset when this occurs? Have you experienced additional freezing after the first time, and how frequent is it?"

Again, we did... taking a lot of our time to be beta testers in this product that we had already bought.

4. Dec 24, 2020 -

"We are actively working on a fix that can be rolled out, but no firm ETA at the moment. Firmware and software do take some time to make adjustments, followed by testing to ensure nothing else is affected by the changes. It is being handled, and we'll provide more details as they come our way."

5. Jan 08, 2021 -

"An update for everyone: We're currently in the process of testing firmware revisions based on improvements made over the holidays. Nick and I will make sure to keep everyone updated once we receive any additional information - in the meantime, we sincerely appreciate everyone's patience and welcome any additional details on issues encountered."

6. Jan 20, 2021 -

"I share your frustration and am hoping for a firmware update ASAP. Currently, the upcoming firmware update is going through our validations process. We appreciate your patience and understand the inconvenience - rest assured, we are doing our due diligence to take care of you guys whether it's through a firmware update or replacement if necessary. As soon as the firmware is live on iCUE, we'll be sure to let you guys know."

7. Jan 20, 2021 -

"Hey everyone,

The firmware update is still in the process of validation. I apologize if it seems I am proposing false sympathy for everyone experiencing issues with their HS75 XB Wireless headsets - I'd be frustrated if I was in the same boat as well."

8. Jan 26, 2021 -

"As mentioned before - a fix WILL BE given. We are not "hoping" for a fix as we have been working to resolve issues with the headset."

9. Jan 30, 2021 -

"Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I do not have an update today and wish I had more to bring. Next week, I'll have more information regarding the firmware update. The firmware update is undoubtedly overdue - but I just wanted to quickly chime in that I'll have a more concrete follow-up next week regarding when it will be available and details of fixes."

10. Feb 3, 2021 -

"More info regarding the firmware update will be coming as soon as I can provide it. Also - for anyone experiencing buzzing, the issue is likely to be hardware related. If not done so already, please open a ticket at
- our support will take care of you."

11. Feb 4, 2021 -

"I do genuinely appreciate everyone's patience and understand the frustration of not being able to use your new headset which you've spent your hard-earned money on. If the buzzing is still present, please open a ticket with our support if you haven't done so already."

12. Feb 6, 2021 -

"Availability is currently pending with our final validation step. I can not give an ETA - but it is high priority."

13. Feb 8, 2021 -

"Manual resets are not a part of the firmware update. Manual resets are definitely on our list but at the moment I cannot guarantee if it'll be integrated via a firmware update."

14. Feb 17, 2021 -

"I currently do not have an ETA for the upcoming firmware update, but its priority remains high. Once available, the firmware update will be available for installation via our iCUE software on a Windows PC. You can download iCUE here, via the "Download Now" button at the top of the page."

Now, that amounts to 14 responses over 4 months, that basically say... nothing, except that "we hope," and "we are still testing" (Which should have taken place before you sold them).

Exception being: "we are not sure we will have a firmware fix to allow you to reboot them, and the patch is not applyable with a Mac")

So, there it is... a ton of (well, 14) responses with no real substance except bad news about compatibility with Macs, and telling us it is a high priority, but taking 4 months to say basically nothing.

Edited by Sebadoh

• Corsair Employee

Firmware update 3.0.3 is now live on iCUE. Please update your headsets via iCUE on Windows. Fixes/improvements are:

• Power on/Power off sequencing has been improved and button duration should be more lenient.
  • Default volume level and wheel responsiveness improved.
  • LED indication should be improved in some edge cases where indication could be incorrect previous (ex. the headset could under some conditions indicate pairing while not in pairing mode)
  • Charge indication LED accuracy should be improved.
  • Fix crashing issue where the headset could get locked up.

Feel free to provide any input after using the update for some time.

Edited by Corsair Albert

Firmware update 3.0.3 is now live on iCUE. Please update your headsets via iCUE on Windows. Fixes/improvements are:

• Power on/Power off sequencing has been improved and button duration should be more lenient.
  • LED indication should be improved in some edge cases where indication could be incorrect previous (ex. the headset could under some conditions indicate pairing while not in pairing mode)

Didn't help my issue, stuck on. Recognised in icue, updated fine, still not working.

Was this for firmware 3.0.2 and this was just a typo? My update option in iCue shows 3.0.2 and I don't want to flash to the wrong one. Thanks in advance.

Just updated had to do it twice first time the thing bricked luckily came back to life after forcing the update again haven't used them yet hopeing for fewer connection drops have noticed the white LED now acts differently as said in the notes above will report back once I've used them properly for a while

So after updating my headset to 3.03, it will no longer turn on. I’m assuming that it’s frozen because it will still detect when I connect it to my computer. I’ve tried forcing the firmware update a couple of times but it hasn’t fixed the issue. So I guess I’m stuck waiting for it to run out of power to see whether it’s really bricked or not.

Updated my headset to 3.0.3 and it immediately bricked the headset. iCUE still sees the headset, however, and I've tried to force the firmware update multiple times, but have had no luck at reviving it.

I advise everyone to stay far away from this firmware version.