Corsair Community

HS75 XB - Headset freezes and becomes unresponsive

Thanks for the input, everyone. We're looking into what may be the cause of the HS75 XB not being detected in iCUE 3.38 for some of you.

Please update our support on your situation and they'll work with you.

No, you do not have to connect the Xbox Wireless dongle for the headset to be detected in iCUE. If you're on iCUE 3.38, we're looking into the detection issue.

Alright thank you. Looking forward to the reply. I am using 3.38 but it doesn’t show the headset on iCue

That’s an Xbox issue rather than just specific to this headset. I’ve recently tried the new Xbox headset and the Kaira Pro. They all do it on certain games with quick resume. Seems to be every time I quick resume Prey for example but is more intermittent with other games.

Quite frankly, anyone in this topic who is having issues with an Xbox, can look at Microsoft for a large piece of the blame. Reddit is riddled with connectivity topics of various brands of headsets not working properly over Xbox Wireless protocol with the new Series X/S

Quite frankly, anyone in this topic who is having issues with an Xbox, can look at Microsoft for a large piece of the blame. Reddit is riddled with connectivity topics of various brands of headsets not working properly over Xbox Wireless protocol with the new Series X/S

It IS an dedicated Xbox headset. Did you actually read all the comments in this thread? Did Microsoft forgot to put a a reset button or combo on the headset?

It IS an dedicated Xbox headset. Did you actually read all the comments in this thread? Did Microsoft forgot to put a a reset button or combo on the headset?

You do know, that the chipset to run the proprietary Xbox Wireless Protocol is provided by Microsoft, right?

My point is, even with all the added features of 3.03, you will see intermittent connectivity and disconnects, as long as Microsoft does not address this on the Xbox side of things.

You do know, that the chipset to run the proprietary Xbox Wireless Protocol is provided by Microsoft, right?

My point is, even with all the added features of 3.03, you will see intermittent connectivity and disconnects, as long as Microsoft does not address this on the Xbox side of things.

Again, it’s not only about the connectivity, but it’s about the headset freezing and waiting until the battery dies to use it again. Did you read the comments? Or are you a Corsair employee?

• Corsair Employee

For those of you whose HS75 headsets aren't being detected in iCUE 3.38, some additional information would be useful regarding CorsairHeadsetAccessoryManager.exe crashing:

1. iCUE log, which can be exported via settings.
  2. User-mode dumps, which may have to be enabled for automatic collection. Information here.

Please feel free to message me the details if you'd rather not post here.

Edited by Corsair Albert

Hello, I am a new user with an HS75 XB. I just updated to version 3.03 and so far everything is in order. I notice changes especially in the audio being now clearer with Dolby Atmos in Series X. It seems that the audio micro cuts have disappeared.

For those of you whose HS75 headsets aren't being detected in iCUE 3.38, some additional information would be useful regarding CorsairHeadsetAccessoryManager.exe crashing:

1. iCUE log, which can be exported via settings.
  2. User-mode dumps, which may have to be enabled for automatic collection. Information here.

Please feel free to message me the details if you'd rather not post here.

Hey! I just want to say thanks for all the supoort and the information. I just had once a freezing problem with the headphones. But i could fix it.

Again, it’s not only about the connectivity, but it’s about the headset freezing and waiting until the battery dies to use it again. Did you read the comments? Or are you a Corsair employee?

No need for hostility mate :)

And no, not a Corsair employee.

After the original 3.0.3 update (from late February) bricked my headset, I went through the RMA process... $40CAD to ship it. About 3 weeks later I got a brand new HS75 headset.

It worked fine for 2 days. Today I simply turned it on, it got assigned to my Xbox profile and then nothing. No sound, and can't turn it off. It is just powered on in some sort of 'fault' state. I installed iCUE 4 today, and it won't detect that the headset is connected to my laptop, so I can't even update the firmware to see if the new 3.0.3 would even help.

This thread just proves Corsair doesn't deserve our business, at least in the 'Xbox headset' department. And, I am sorry for the technical support representative(s) who has to deal with us frustrated folks. I am chucking this up as a $260CAD loss, and now going to order the new Xbox Wireless Headset from Microsoft. This was my first and last time dealing with a Corsair product, and boy what an incredibly annoying experience it has been. Never ordering anything from Corsair again.

• Corsair Employee
After the original 3.0.3 update (from late February) bricked my headset, I went through the RMA process... $40CAD to ship it. About 3 weeks later I got a brand new HS75 headset.

It worked fine for 2 days. Today I simply turned it on, it got assigned to my Xbox profile and then nothing. No sound, and can't turn it off. It is just powered on in some sort of 'fault' state. I installed iCUE 4 today, and it won't detect that the headset is connected to my laptop, so I can't even update the firmware to see if the new 3.0.3 would even help.

This thread just proves Corsair doesn't deserve our business, at least in the 'Xbox headset' department. And, I am sorry for the technical support representative(s) who has to deal with us frustrated folks. I am chucking this up as a $260CAD loss, and now going to order the new Xbox Wireless Headset from Microsoft. This was my first and last time dealing with a Corsair product, and boy what an incredibly annoying experience it has been. Never ordering anything from Corsair again.

We have addressed this issue with a Firmware update (v3.0.3) which is available through iCUE 3.38.61, and can be downloaded here. You will need to connect the headset to a PC or Mac to perform the necessary update procedure in the settings tab. If you have already updated to iCUE 4.9.x, you will need to revert back to the previous version to perform the firmware update procedure.

We have addressed this issue with a Firmware update (v3.0.3) which is available through iCUE 3.38.61, and can be downloaded here. You will need to connect the headset to a PC or Mac to perform the necessary update procedure in the settings tab. If you have already updated to iCUE 4.9.x, you will need to revert back to the previous version to perform the firmware update procedure.

Although there are still quite a few of us who can’t update through 3.38.61 because it won’t detect our headsets!

I'm done...

I've been patient.

I've spent many hours trying to help diagnose this issue.

I have spent the time to report my specifics.

I've been hounded to return the other set before I get a replacement. (I still have not)

We've all been told for now almost 5 months that the official word is verbatim: "a fix is coming soon",

and literally they have gotten WORSE.

Now once again.... nearing 5 months in, they are still stringing us along with the exact same response.

I want my money back. Sadly, because I believed that "a fix will be coming soon" as we were told, I cannot... as it is too late.

I am beyond frustrated. It is time to begin class-action, as this is not really going to be fixed anytime soon, and my time is worth more than this.

I'm embarrassed to admit I fell for it.

I do not mean this post sardonically.. I really wanted them to work... but I cannot wait 5 months and spend hours of my life helping to diagnose an issue for a company that knowingly sent out a flawed product.

This is offensive to me. I just want a refund now. My ticket that has been open for months is still not received a replacement.... only asked to send back the old ones.. 3 times.

At what point is this ridiculous?

At what point is is illegal and fraudulent?

I'm tired of (but feel sorry for) poor Corsair Albert reporting "we have a fix working, but nothing to report, but it is a high priority.. since November.. that has been literally all we have heard of any substance.

The laws are very complex as my attorney has advised me. States and countries have different rules about a product that cannot work past x-number of days. (now that we are in the realm of months.... )

I just want my money back. We've been disrespected as customers.

I am with you on this 100000%...I am in the same boat with a ticket opened and them asking me to return my headset first before they'll replace. This is after someone on their support team ACKNOWLEDGED VIA EMAIL that they sold me a defected item. They will not make an exception to refund me my money because unfortunately I bought them through Best Buy. Here in Canada gaming headsets are usually final sale due to sanitary reasons.

If some sort of legal action comes of this I am entirely ready to jump behind it.

Corsair, I want my money back.

I am using a Corsair void elite headset that simply talks to me and beeps out of nowhere. I use my headphone for dictation, and while I am dictating normally comes on and tells me that my microphone is off, microphone is on, and just beeps. It is frequent enough to be a very bad nuisance. The company posted the following on their website yesterday. I am just lucky to have stumbled over it.

How to: Fix iCUE user interface being cut off when using multiple monitors

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058283931-How-to-Fix-iCUE-user-interface-being-cut-off-when-using-multiple-monitors

I followed the instructions and my issue cleared up. Apparently, this happens if you are using Windows. Version 4 does not like the DPI settings that are automatically assigned by the Lord and Master Microsoft. It seemed to be something an issue that was beyond just fixing my headset. Unexpected Consequences:eek:

Thanks, this has worked for me and I'm now running 3.0.3.

Steps I took:

1. Completely uninstalled ICUE

2. Restarted PC

3. Downloaded and installed ICUE 3.38.61 using the above link

4. Launched ICUE 3.38.61

5. Plugged in headset (for the first time on this PC) using USB-A:USB:C cable (not official)

6. Headset showed up in the 'settings' tab. ICUE showed that I could update to 3.0.2. However, when I clicked to update to 3.0.2, it then popped up to inform me that 3.0.3 was the latest version and installed 3.0.3

In ICUE it now shows that 'HS75 XB WIRELESS is already running the latest version of the firmware v. 3.0.3', although it has an option to force the update (again?) if I wanted to.

For those only seeing the option to upgrade to 3.0.2, as per Step 6 above, once you click in to update to 3.0.2 it should then hopefully update to 3.0.3.

• Corsair Employee
Hello, I am a new user with an HS75 XB. I just updated to version 3.03 and so far everything is in order. I notice changes especially in the audio being now clearer with Dolby Atmos in Series X. It seems that the audio micro cuts have disappeared.

Thanks for letting us know, BitratE!

Hey! I just want to say thanks for all the supoort and the information. I just had once a freezing problem with the headphones. But i could fix it.

Glad to hear the freezing issue was resolved!

Although there are still quite a few of us who can’t update through 3.38.61 because it won’t detect our headsets!

Still being looked into, I promise! Any news will be provided here as soon as I receive them.

Thanks, this has worked for me and I'm now running 3.0.3.

Steps I took:

1. Completely uninstalled ICUE

2. Restarted PC

3. Downloaded and installed ICUE 3.38.61 using the above link

4. Launched ICUE 3.38.61

5. Plugged in headset (for the first time on this PC) using USB-A:USB:C cable (not official)

6. Headset showed up in the 'settings' tab. ICUE showed that I could update to 3.0.2. However, when I clicked to update to 3.0.2, it then popped up to inform me that 3.0.3 was the latest version and installed 3.0.3

In ICUE it now shows that 'HS75 XB WIRELESS is already running the latest version of the firmware v. 3.0.3', although it has an option to force the update (again?) if I wanted to.

For those only seeing the option to upgrade to 3.0.2, as per Step 6 above, once you click in to update to 3.0.2 it should then hopefully update to 3.0.3.

Thank you for the tip, Locution.

I thought so too until I started playing outriders where unfortunately the micro jumps reappeared in large quantities.

:-(

I thought so too until I started playing outriders where unfortunately the micro jumps reappeared in large quantities.

:-(

I'm also getting the audio micro jumps/stutters/hiccups frequently with any game and it's immediate from the moment I turn the headset on. It makes the audio so distracting that I just can't use them. I don't know what to do with them anymore.

Having the same issue here. The headset won’t turn off or work.

I am a mac user, plugged the headset into my MacBook Pro and no device.

Also tried iCUE but couldn’t find a device there.

What’s the guide for installing this firmware on Mac? As it’s not coming up in settings or anywhere.

What’s the guide for installing this firmware on Mac? As it’s not coming up in settings or anywhere.

You’ll need to use Bootcamp or Parallels with Windows 10 to upgrade this headset on a Mac :)

After software update 3.0.3 my headset don't go in paring mode.

I can't connect headset to xbox o pc, I can turn on/off but no anything else.

if I hold down the association button don't nothing is happening.

I've this product from Nov 2020 and i've only one brick (draing battery to 0% ...) in dic 2020.

I've updated because I've read on forum that 3.0.3 improved my headseat... but now don't work.

I've tried to force update.

Have you got some image software different to do roller back ?

Edited by wakingocram

• Corsair Employee
I'm also getting the audio micro jumps/stutters/hiccups frequently with any game and it's immediate from the moment I turn the headset on. It makes the audio so distracting that I just can't use them. I don't know what to do with them anymore.

Sorry to hear, Ekopy. A replacement may be the best route to go.

As MGSNK mentioned, a Windows PC is required for updating the headset's firmware. The Microsoft hardware used in this headset for Xbox integration will not allow it to be picked up on macOS.

Playing on a Xbox One X. The buzzing sound occurs in the left ear when the headset is connected to the device. It doesn't buzz when it's just on without connection. I've tried doing a soft reset but that didn't change anything.

Please open a ticket at https://help.corsair.com, our support will take care of you.

I have tried everything. My computer does not detect my headset either.

Someone need to fix this.

Are you on a Windows PC? What version of iCUE?

I've this product from Nov 2020 and i've only one brick (draing battery to 0% ...) in dic 2020.

I've updated because I've read on forum that 3.0.3 improved my headseat... but now don't work.

Try forcing the firmware update again. How long are you holding the button down to get into pairing mode?

Edited by Corsair Albert

Hi Everyone !

I had the excat same issue after updating the firmware to 3.0.3.

What did the trick was to make a soft headset reset after updating the firmware and then...BANG !... the pairing process could be activated again.

Reminder of the soft reset :

1. Make sure your HS70 headset is powered off.

2. Hold down the Mute button on the headset for about 15 to 20 seconds.

3. Hold down the Power button until the headset turns on.

Hope this will work for you too guys !

Have a lovely day