Corsair Community

HS75 XB - Headset freezes and becomes unresponsive

This thread started on August 28th. Still no update, or even a date for an update. Sometimes a post of an employee, probably an intern, to “inform” us of nothing. I returned my headset and never gonna buy a Corsair product again. Succes to all the other people here in this thread.

ok. but here on the forum someone wrote that it already has firmware version 3 .... and I have 1.0.1.0. Unfortunately, when connected with a cable via a PC, the ICUE program does not see the headphones.

The Xbox tells you have 1.0.1.0, but when usiong the ICUE tool you will see that it's actually 3.0.2 (The latest as far as I know). If you don't see the headset in the tool, then it could be that you're not using the cable that was in the box of the headset. (I used my own cable, nothing until I used the one in the box)

The Xbox tells you have 1.0.1.0, but when usiong the ICUE tool you will see that it's actually 3.0.2 (The latest as far as I know). If you don't see the headset in the tool, then it could be that you're not using the cable that was in the box of the headset. (I used my own cable, nothing until I used the one in the box)

After the update you have no problem? I read a lot that the headphones stopped working after the update. I have problem only with charging, beacause all time i see only amber light, otherwise I don't have a problem, so I don't know if I risk updating.

SO. I've had the headset since the end of Nov and the issues had gotten better, but now they are noticeably worse and I've pin pointed something serious occuring . . .

I am:

-Xbox Series x

-Samsung TV UHD 7 series nu7100

-No surround sound or anything else

-No other electronics around or on the tv stand (such as bluetooth or other internet connected devices except for the TV)

-My headset since day 1 crackled.... Then the audio would crackle and then just cut out all the time when I was inactive on the controller for about 10 seconds. If I touched my controller or began moving then the audio would cut back in. This was annoying during cinematic scenes or dialogue in video games . . .

-The other main issue was that when I would turn on my headset to begin playing it would beep on (screen would show "headset assigned", and then it would immediately beep off) -Sometimes I had to repeat this process a few times until it finally remained on, because it just kept turning off when I would turn it on.

-Oh, did I mention that I only get an amber light during the charge process and no white light like it's suppose to show when it's complete? Lol. (least of my worries, but really . . .) And on the first day after charging it for the recommended 2 hours or so (I forgot how long it actually was) it died after less than an hour of use. The next day was better, but it lasts nowhere near as long as advertised...

-NOW, THE REAL SERIOUS ISSUE here I've recently encountered about 4 times in the last two weeks is this: at times when my headset loses connection cause I'm a tad too far, I just have to turn it off & back on for it to be reassigned and reconnect. However, these times when I turn it off and then back on to reconnect the headset won't connect, AND my controller loses it's paired connection with the console and begins flashing....

1 of these times was when I did not lose connection with the headset, but instead was on my phone and let my xbox go idle and the controller turned off. When I turned the controller back on it had lost connection and began flashing, and then my headset was no longer producing any audio.

So this problem of the connectivity and pairing issue with the console and headset seems to be a real thing.

To be quite frank I'm HELLA disappointed about this because the headset was marketed as the first officially licensed headset for the Xbox . . . Like for reals? And it runs like this?

Edited by YayoProtocal

SO. I've had the headset since the end of Nov and the issues had gotten better, but now they are noticeably worse and I've pin pointed something serious occuring . . .

I am:

-Xbox Series x

-No other electronics around or on the tv stand (such as bluetooth or other internet connected devices except for the TV)

-My headset since day 1 crackled.... Then the audio would crackle and then just cut out all the time when I was inactive on the controller for about 10 seconds. If I touched my controller or began moving then the audio would cut back in. This was annoying during cinematic scenes or dialogue in video games . . .

-The other main issue was that when I would turn on my headset to begin playing it would beep on (screen would show "headset assigned", and then it would immediately beep off) -Sometimes I had to repeat this process a few times until it finally remained on, because it just kept turning off when I would turn it on.

-Oh, did I mention that I only get an amber light during the charge process and no white light like it's suppose to show when it's complete? Lol. (least of my worries, but really . . .) And on the first day after charging it for the recommended 2 hours or so (I forgot how long it actually was) it died after less than an hour of use. The next day was better, but it lasts nowhere near as long as advertised...

-NOW, THE REAL SERIOUS ISSUE here I've recently encountered about 4 times in the last two weeks is this: at times when my headset loses connection cause I'm a tad too far, I just have to turn it off & back on for it to be reassigned and reconnect. However, these times when I turn it off and then back on to reconnect the headset won't connect, AND my controller loses it's paired connection with the console and begins flashing....

1 of these times was when I did not lose connection with the headset, but instead was on my phone and let my xbox go idle and the controller turned off. When I turned the controller back on it had lost connection and began flashing, and then my headset was no longer producing any audio.

So this problem of the connectivity and pairing issue with the console and headset seems to be a real thing.

To be quite frank I'm HELLA disappointed about this because the headset was marketed as the first officially licensed headset for the Xbox . . . Like for reals? And it runs like this?

I'm currently solving the problem with the fact that only the orange light is on when charging, and the funny thing is that the answer comes from the support, that there is probably a faulty battery in the headphones. So we all have faulty batteries? Well, it seems that the people on the support and here on the forum know nothing too much themselves and unfortunately just use dull phrases to write something. Sad for such a big company...

The last comment of the “employee“ was January 8. I think we all have to return our headsets and get our money back. I already did, but I’m still following the thread. There are game headset brands out there who WILL take customers seriously. You don’t have to put up with this my fellow gamers. Corsair already has your money, take your money back. It’s the only way they will listen.

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone,

I share your frustration and am hoping for a firmware update ASAP. Currently, the upcoming firmware update is going through our validations process. We appreciate your patience and understand the inconvenience - rest assured, we are doing our due diligence to take care of you guys whether it's through a firmware update or replacement if necessary. As soon as the firmware is live on iCUE, we'll be sure to let you guys know.

Hello,

I've had the HS75 for xbox for a few weeks now. The audio dropoff is annoying when gaming but I found an interesting behavior that might help Corsair with a fix.

When gaming I get audio drop a few times every few minutes.

If I watch the Mandelorion on disney plus I get dropouts quite frequently every minute.

If I watch clone wars on disney plus I don't get any dropout..

So is this an audio coding issue?

A bit rate issue?

It's interesting that I'm able to reproduce this everytime through my xbox.

Hope this helps Corsair.. I love your products, but the HS75 needs a fix asap.

This is the first corsair product I've owned with a glaring issue. Hope the fix comes soon.

Thanks

Thank you, WiscoDavid - hoping for a fix soon as well.

I am:

-Xbox Series x

Thank you for the input, YayoProtocal. This is indeed our first officially licensed headset for Xbox - we'll be learning a lot from this to guarantee issues like these are entirely avoidable for future headsets.

This is not an excuse for any of the HS75's behavior, but just a heads up for everyone: Microsoft themselves has acknowledged headset issues with the Xbox Series X/S, and what you mention with the headset losing connection sounds similar. Information here.

Hey everyone,

I share your frustration and am hoping for a firmware update ASAP. Currently, the upcoming firmware update is going through our validations process. We appreciate your patience and understand the inconvenience - rest assured, we are doing our due diligence to take care of you guys whether it's through a firmware update or replacement if necessary. As soon as the firmware is live on iCUE, we'll be sure to let you guys know.

Thank you for the input, YayoProtocal. This is indeed our first officially licensed headset for Xbox - we'll be learning a lot from this to guarantee issues like these are entirely avoidable for future headsets.

This is not an excuse for any of the HS75's behavior, but just a heads up for everyone: Microsoft themselves has acknowledged headset issues with the Xbox Series X/S, and what you mention with the headset losing connection sounds similar. Information here.

Thanks for the update.

I think the answer here is to make sure a hard reset is included in any headset firmware shipped to end users. If this was included (and this may be the only headset on the market that doesn’t have this “feature”) at least we would have a work around and not wait months for a solution.

Hi all! Just bought these headphones after the holidays after watching many very positive reviews. They sound great, are comfortable, etc. My only nitpick is that the mic monitoring isn't very strong and doesn't pick up your voice unless the mic is literally pressed to your lips...

Until they crapped out on me yesterday. Same issue being reported here. I'm using them with an Xbox Series S. They were working fine then I went to turn them on, the xbox said they were assigned, but no sound was coming out of them. Tried volume, etc. and still nothing. Went to power them off and it won't work, they're just stuck on (white light). I'm just letting them sit now (been almost 24hrs) but I agree with others that it's insane there's no hard reset on these. I'm going to give Corsair a few days but honestly, it's crazy that this $200-ish CAD headset has a total usability breaking issue that hasn't been addressed. Lots of competitors out there Corsair...

just want to pop in and say that I also have several problems with my HS75 XB.

* constant buzzing from left earcup

* sometimes the audio drops for a few seconds, sometimes drops completly and a restart is required.

* two days ago, for the first time, my headset hang on power off, so now i cant use it and waiting for battery to drain.

using it with my Series X

one update, in the beginning when powering on my headset i got a notice saying something like "headset assigned"... that has stopped, i no longer get that notice. dont know if that is a problem or not

I bought a set of these for the XBox Series S that I bought in November.

I have quietly dealt with the sometimes subtle, sometimes getting-me-killed in-game issues for the past 3 months now. I was willing do deal with the occasional dropout the first few months, because, it was mainly just an annoyance. (I use them maybe 2 meters from my console, zero reason they should drop out.)

Now however, my headphones in their "unresponsive" state have rendered me unable to use my console at ALL... as I use my console on a computer monitor that has no audio.

I am a design engineer. Having a product that has no forced bootloader, or system interrupt is just plain poor planning, but the fact that this issue has been brought to light for a couple of months BEFORE I even bought them, makes me think that there is no real solution. A simple "Hold Mute and Power down for 10 or 15 seconds" to reboot/bootload would be so welcome.

So, I called the number to talk to tech support, spent 37 minutes kindly discussing my issue and diagnosis examples, and they were friendly, but sadly of no help... saying "we hope to have a fix soon."

That was in November.

So, I did some testing. This happens ONLY on the headphones. I have tested it on both Xbox Series S and One S. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the console. I have verified this numerous times. No matter what I am playing, no matter what I am doing (even in a menu) the sound will sometimes drop out for about 1 second or so. That is the annoying part... the terminal part is below.

Repeatable conditions: [b/]

I have ONLY had it happen when plugged into the USB port on the front of my console, with the cable that came with the set. I have only had it happen WHEN using the headphones while plugged into the console. Whether it gets confused about the charging, or connection, I have no idea, but that is my experience.

I have tried using a phone charger for the USB-C, with no issues... but that could be just happenstance.

The real pain, is sitting here... now for most of the weekend... looking at the pale white LED, as I wait for it to discharge fully enough to reboot.

I am at 22 hours of white LED at this point. hoping for a discharge, so I can use my console next week. I am only now just angry that it is too late to get a refund from Amazon, because as the Official Corsair posters on here seemed to be optimistic. Then.. months of silence... finally culminating in a "we are hoping for a fix soon" which is also what was said in September. I was just asked to rate this product on Amazon. I do not want to be mean or rude, but I cannot give it anything more than 1 star, and basically this same complaint.

I am very sorry I bought these, as they are expensive, but were the only officially licensed Microsoft headset. They do NOT perform as advertised.

I'm following the terms of service here, but I am not a happy customer. This requires resolution immediately. It is unconscionable that this issue has gone unresolved, and even un-discussed for months, other than a patronizing "we are hoping for a fix soon"

With kind regards, but I had to get it off my chest.

Hey everyone,

This is not an excuse for any of the HS75's behavior, but just a heads up for everyone: Microsoft themselves has acknowledged headset issues with the Xbox Series X/S, and what you mention with the headset losing connection sounds similar.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please stop with the patronizing contritions of "we are hoping for a fix soon". This is how class action lawsuits get started... and products being banned from the Amazon store for being unreliable, or not as advertised. We deserve a solid answer to an issue that has been dodged and un-answered for months now... with no answer officially whatsoever other than hope. Or, an apology and a prompt replacement We have dutifully reported our conditions, our situations, and have been told for months to "wait... we hope for a fix."

While we are all "hoping".

I hope I win the lottery... but I am beginning to think the lottery has better chances than a fix for this. I'm now 36 hours into watching my console off, and the white LED on my Corsair's steadily white. Oh well, not it is Monday! Time to go to work... "Maybe next weekend!" Grrrrrrrrr

Hey everyone,

This is not an excuse for any of the HS75's behavior, but just a heads up for everyone: Microsoft themselves has acknowledged headset issues with the Xbox Series X/S, and what you mention with the headset losing connection sounds similar.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please stop with the patronizing contritions of "we are hoping for a fix soon". This is how class action lawsuits get started... and products being banned from the Amazon store for being unreliable, or not as advertised. We deserve a solid answer to an issue that has been dodged and un-answered for months now... with no answer officially whatsoever other than hope. Or, an apology and a prompt replacement We have dutifully reported our conditions, our situations, and have been told for months to "wait... we hope for a fix."

While we are all "hoping".

I hope I win the lottery... but I am beginning to think the lottery has better chances than a fix for this. I'm now 36 hours into watching my console off, and the white LED on my Corsair's steadily white. Oh well, not it is Monday! Time to go to work... "Maybe next weekend!" Grrrrrrrrr

I agree. There are also answers from Corsair support ....

Unfortunately, even there, if you write the same problem from two different accounts, you will get practically two different answers.

I do not understand that such a company can still function because it is a classic example of deceiving the customer.

• Confused 1

I agree. There are also answers from Corsair support ....

Unfortunately, even there, if you write the same problem from two different accounts, you will get practically two different answers.

I do not understand that such a company can still function because it is a classic example of deceiving the customer.

I am pretty sure there is no way to do this through a simple firmware fix, and they are trying to see how badly it will cost them to send out replacements to the people who complain.

I wouldn't complain, and I dislike to do so, but these are damn expensive... charging 2/3 of the cost of my console ITSELF.... for a product that PREVENTS me from using said console, and all we hear from support is "we hope for a fix"

Trust me Corsair.. we all do.

Last time when I called out to everyone to get their money back, they responded within an hour with a “damage control” answer that they are still working on it. Let’s face it guys, it’s not gonna happen. It’s not a software issue. An update is not gonna fix this. Get your money back ASAP and move on to another brand of headphones.

Yeah, I wish I could. But it is beyond Amazon's return date. So I all I can do now is to leave a 1 star "do NOT buy this product" review as an ignored, dissatisfied customer. I can likely raise an issue with Amazon about a faulty product, and they will waive the return window.

I'm now sorry I had them fully charged lol. Coming up on 2-days of the white brick-LED. How long have you guys had to wait at the longest?

IMG_0399.thumb.jpg.e2568a0d0be9c7dc0faea63caabb4093.jpg

Hi all! Just bought these headphones after the holidays after watching many very positive reviews. They sound great, are comfortable, etc. My only nitpick is that the mic monitoring isn't very strong and doesn't pick up your voice unless the mic is literally pressed to your lips...

Until they crapped out on me yesterday. Same issue being reported here. I'm using them with an Xbox Series S. They were working fine then I went to turn them on, the xbox said they were assigned, but no sound was coming out of them. Tried volume, etc. and still nothing. Went to power them off and it won't work, they're just stuck on (white light). I'm just letting them sit now (been almost 24hrs) but I agree with others that it's insane there's no hard reset on these. I'm going to give Corsair a few days but honestly, it's crazy that this $200-ish CAD headset has a total usability breaking issue that hasn't been addressed. Lots of competitors out there Corsair...

Update: Came back from being away for the weekend. The headphones were off when I arrived but I was able to turn them on again (i.e. the battery wasn't fully drained). I turned them on and they started trying to pair. When I turned my Series S on it was like they paired for a second but then unpaired again and for some reason my controller was now trying to pair as well. I turned both the headset and the controller off and did a hard restart of the Series S. When it booted back up again I turned the controller on first and it paired no problem. I pressed the pair button on the console and turned the headset on and they paired as well. Right away the console told me my headset had low batteries. I turned the headset off and started charging it (flashing yellow amber light). We'll see what happens next.

• Like 1

Update: Came back from being away for the weekend. The headphones were off when I arrived but I was able to turn them on again (i.e. the battery wasn't fully drained). I turned them on and they started trying to pair. When I turned my Series S on it was like they paired for a second but then unpaired again and for some reason my controller was now trying to pair as well. I turned both the headset and the controller off and did a hard restart of the Series S. When it booted back up again I turned the controller on first and it paired no problem. I pressed the pair button on the console and turned the headset on and they paired as well. Right away the console told me my headset had low batteries. I turned the headset off and started charging it (flashing yellow amber light). We'll see what happens next.

I can only hope (grin)

I am at just about 56 hours of white LED.... I really wish I had not had them fully charged. Grrrrrr

I picked up the headset just over a week ago and I love everything about it other than this freeze. Twice now they've become unresponsive when i've gone to turn them off. This latest time i've been waiting two days straight for the battery to drain - just so I can actually turn them on again. At £170, they're not cheap and the lack of an answer here is really concerning me. I don't care whether the issue is with Corsair or Microsoft, I just want it identified and fixed ASAP.

Are there any identified circumstances that cause the headset to lock up? Is it to do with turning it off before or after the controller or console? I just want to avoid it as much as possible as not being able to use the headset for days at a time is incredibly frustrating.

Hello,

I would like to ask what kind of "validation process" you set before putting on the market a product like this.

My HS75 XB freezed on saturday, now is tuesday and the withe dot is still turned on. while the headset is totally unusable.

I spent 179€ for this headset. And even working it doesn't value all the money I spent, but at last was working fine with the Xbox series.

What kind of professionists do you are?

Oh for you will not give a heck about my experience, but I will let you know that my review will be really accurate about this stealing money product.

"Validation process" is the new "Oh we don't have a clue to how to solve this problem so we put some random professional words to keep those idiots calm".

Corsair mean Pirates... yeah now I understood...

Hey everyone,

Through the 5 days I had 2 freezes. This is big problem and I can see there is still no solve for this issue. It's my first product from Corsair because I heard positive feedback. It seems it's my last product from Corsair. It should be no poblem to solve this after 1,5 month. I'm afraid it's unsolvedable and I'm glad I have still time to refund. If the problem is not solved before battery die after my second freeze, I will refund this product. And it's shame because I was pleased with sound quality. I could be able tolerate freeze if there is some reset posibility. But wait tens of hours after every freeze is unacceptable. I had many low-budget headsets but never had similarly problems. It's shame and I'm very disappointed.