Corsair Community

iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX Faq and Setup Info

Zotty

Hey Zotty, sorry copying my post from the other thread

Wait no I was wrong. Its still working but not because of the usb header. I just realized that I had the fans connected to 4, 5 and 6 ports instead of 123. I went back and changed it to 1, 2 and 3 ports and the original problems occured. But when I switched it to back to 456 its fine again. I have full control whiles its on 456. Will this be okay?

Hi, I have the same setup as you and looking at your diagram, I ran into some wonky RPM issues when I connected the commander core to a USB header on the Commander Pro.

My issues were resolved when I connected the Commander Core to a separate USB 2.0 header on the mobo.

I use the diagram Zotty placed above this post, only I have the 3 ML fans connected to the Commander Core, and 6 QL fans connected to the Commander Pro and Lighting Node Core.

Edited by Kylrad

Hey guys, first post...super noob in forums.

A quick question, H115E Cap installed; all good except 1 fan not fully lighting up or showing up in ICUE. Both H115 fans are spinning one lit and one with a single white led lit up-pics attached. Cooler, RAM, Keyboard all other Corsair pieces are good to go.

I tried switching the ports around on the Corsair controller, but no bueno. Did I install correctly or not so much? Is a single white led light some kind of error code?

Thanks to all in advance who respond.

1452061992_CorsairLED.thumb.jpg.2025abe16213d1cd63f3e3221f47e034.jpg

IMG_2243.thumb.jpg.5c688b4f9438843d6c44aa914dfb274e.jpg

Greetings!

I am struggling with my first (personal) RBG / gaming system build. I have some questions. It seems that posts #71 & #72 come close to addressing everything, but I’m old & stupid, apparently.

My parts:

• H150i (with the # ML120 fans & the “CoCo”.)

• 2-pack of ML140 Pro PWM fans (with the “NoPro” and the RGB Fan LED Hub.)

• Additional ML140 Pro PWM fan

MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI

• Additional components most likely not applicable to this post.

Here are my questions:

1. What is the single wire with the 3 pin connector that originates at the cooler pump, and where should it be connected?

2. There is a 2-pin connector on the CoCo labeled “temp”. Do I have to either make my own cable or purchase one, and to which MB connector would it be attached?

3. Is there any reason to use the NoCo and hub along with the CoCo if I don’t exceed 6 fans?

4. The CoCo is connected to a USB 2.0 header; why wouldn’t it be connected to the CPU Fan connector instead?

My apologies, after 20 years in the business I thought I was pretty good with hardware, but it’s always been business systems / servers. Gaming PCs are brand new territory for me.

Oh, @Zotty, thanks for all of your awesome posts and diagrams. I ought to be able to figure this out, but I’ve hit a mental roadblock, apparently.

Greetings!

I am struggling with my first (personal) RBG / gaming system build. I have some questions. It seems that posts #71 & #72 come close to addressing everything, but I’m old & stupid, apparently.

My parts:

• H150i (with the # ML120 fans & the “CoCo”.)

• 2-pack of ML140 Pro PWM fans (with the “NoPro” and the RGB Fan LED Hub.)

• Additional ML140 Pro PWM fan

MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI

• Additional components most likely not applicable to this post.

Here are my questions:

1. What is the single wire with the 3 pin connector that originates at the cooler pump, and where should it be connected?

2. There is a 2-pin connector on the CoCo labeled “temp”. Do I have to either make my own cable or purchase one, and to which MB connector would it be attached?

3. Is there any reason to use the NoCo and hub along with the CoCo if I don’t exceed 6 fans?

4. The CoCo is connected to a USB 2.0 header; why wouldn’t it be connected to the CPU Fan connector instead?

My apologies, after 20 years in the business I thought I was pretty good with hardware, but it’s always been business systems / servers. Gaming PCs are brand new territory for me.

Oh, @Zotty, thanks for all of your awesome posts and diagrams. I ought to be able to figure this out, but I’ve hit a mental roadblock, apparently.

Hi Buddy..

1, it goes to the CPU Fan header on your Motherboard. its for sensing/Reporting pump rpm so your mobo does not throw fan failure alarms..

2, for connection of a Thermistor (not supplied) will report as Temp #2 in icue

3, no need no NoCo if only using 6 fans and you have the CoCo

4, the CPU Fan header can not transfer data such as pump/fam/RGB control and indeed stats such as temps.

Hey guys, first post...super noob in forums.

A quick question, H115E Cap installed; all good except 1 fan not fully lighting up or showing up in ICUE. Both H115 fans are spinning one lit and one with a single white led lit up-pics attached. Cooler, RAM, Keyboard all other Corsair pieces are good to go.

I tried switching the ports around on the Corsair controller, but no bueno. Did I install correctly or not so much? Is a single white led light some kind of error code?

Thanks to all in advance who respond.

Always the same fan? doing the same thing.. in any port?. problem follows the same fan around? i would say its a faulty fan buddy... open a ticket at the top of this page. are contact your supplier

Hi Buddy..

1, it goes to the CPU Fan header on your Motherboard. its for sensing/Reporting pump rpm so your mobo does not throw fan failure alarms..

2, for connection of a thermistor (not supplied) will report as Temp #2 in icue

3, no need no NoCo if only using 6 fans and you have the CoCo

4, the CPU Fan header can not transfer data such as pump/fam/RGB control and indeed stats such as temps.

Awesome, my sincere thanks!

Can I find thermistors, perhaps, at the same site as the one for the Molex connectors, or do I just check eBay?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found them. (Google is my friend!) 10K Ohm 0.05W 3435B NTC Thermistors MF52-103

Cheers!

Edited by HyperPete

So I may have fixed it. I was attempting to follow the methodology in this post https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=201815.

The summary of what I did is as follows:

1. Removed all software that might even possibly conflict.

2. Clean Uninstall w/Registry wipe. Cleared Appdata folders.

3. Shut down computer - Switched off power supply and power cycled to make sure all power was out of the system - waited 1 minute.

4. Rebooted and reinstalled ICUE

At this point ICUE was showing my Commander core with the Icon showing the H150i. My plan was to grab the firmware file from my appdata/local/temp folder right when it downloaded and attempt to manually flash.

Right when I clicked the update button I noticed a .bin file "Cue....Bin". I dragged this file to my desktop. Somehow that allowed to update to process and I was able to update firmware on the cooler. Everything has been working smoothly for a few hours and i'm able to turn the fans down.

I'll monitor this for a few days for any questions about my insane ritual - Hopefully this helps someone else.

Hey Zotty,

I'm back. My system was running smoothly for a couple of weeks until there was another firmware update for my cooler. I'm back to having the same issue and am unable to get the firmware update to complete.

I'm able to reliably get the cooler to show in ICUE, but it will "crash" after about 30 minutes and my fans lock @ 100%. Is there someplace i can download the firmware file I need for the update in an effort to manually flash it? I can't seem to track it down anywhere.

So i have a quick question about the commander core, or in my case the H100i Elite capellix. I just got some new fans for my case, wanted some matching fans and got some sp120 rgb pro fans, but the capellix fan controller cant seem to control the fan speed what so ever. Is this something that can be fixed myself or do i have to wait for a software update?

Hi all. Help needed please! Just finished my first PC build. Using a H150i elite cappelix for aio + 6 QL120s. Was troubleshooting a posting issue (off topic, but had to reset the cmos to get it to post), and I disconnected the 3 pin from the Aio to the CPU_FAN header. Around 5 seconds later, the fans connected to my commander core (3x ML120s that came with the cappelix, 3x Ql 120s that were purchased separately)and the AIO head that sits on the CPU started pulsing red and fan speed increased to full speed. I immediately put back the 3 pin, but that hasn’t “reset” anything. Prior to this troubleshooting, all was well; all 9 fans + the AiO head was pulsating rainbow with nothing running at full speed. I can see the cappelix in IQ, but speed of the aio is 0, and I can’t make adjustments to any of the fans connected to the commander core (ie, they are running full blast). My cpu at idle is low 30s C; if this is a pump failed, what’s cooling my cpu?

Hi buddy... Unfortunately SP Pro Fans are 3 Pin Voltage controlled and the Elite coolers are PWM only.

Hi Zotty,

Will there be any fix or update for this common issue? Since I connected my case (220T) fans (SP120 PRO RGB) to the Commander Core from the H150i, since then they can't be controlled. I'm so bummed and I don't know what to do, this is my first build ever. :(

Edit: Nvm, I don't think that's going to work. I'm going to upgrade the case fans to LL fans.

Edited by Mr Ricky

Correct is debatable.

I have run many of corsairs IO's front mounted tubes top (inc both previous H150i's) and never had a problem my self.. same for the many i have fitted for other people and will continue to do so.

yes ive seen GN's upload...

as for tube length.. here you go buddy

H150i elite tube length is 365mm give or take a mm

I ordered a new system, and I’m concerned that my intended setup might not have enough tube length. Perhaps you could help me out:

Case: Corsair 678c

Cooler: H115i Elite Cappelix

Mobo: ASUS TUF Gaming plus wifi x570

I want to mount the h115i up front as intake, tubes down. My concern is if I will have enough tube length to get there in this long case. I can’t find a pic of this particular setup. In fact, the closest thing I can find is this:

10.jpg

This is an H150i Pro. I cannot for the life of me find the tubing length of this cooler. Even the Corsair product page omits it. Is it the same 365mm as the Elite you quote above?

If so, the Corsair page lists the tubing length of the H115i Elite Cappelix as 380mm. Looking at that pic, those tubes would probably reach down to where they’d be on a 280 with tubes down. If the H115i Elite tubes are 2.5cm longer... even better.

Do you think that it would fit? I plan on removing all drive bays.

Edited by lxKillFacexl

Actually, you say the H150i Elite has a tubing length of 365mm, but the Corsair product page says 400mm.

https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Categories/Products/CORSAIR-iCUE/Liquid-Cooling/iCUE-ELITE-CAPELLIX-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060048-WW

Are they overstating its usable length? Perhaps including the fittings/elbows?

Edited by lxKillFacexl

Hi, I'm ready to give up on the capellix. :mad:

I have a capellix 100i. I purchased it brand new. I previously had an h150i Pro XT and that pump had no problems with iCue software and changing colors/patterns with profile changes.

The capellix has a mind of its own on firmware v.1.6.135.

It will not change with any inputs in the iCue software. It stands alone connected to the coco and none of the lighting effects/profiles work.

It's committed to staying on the default rainbow spiral.

I know my profiles work because the fans RGB will do not work hooked up to the coco. I hooked up all the fans to a copo to control the fan's RGB patterns.

i have 3 diff model fans (sp120, ll120 and ml120s).

Does anyone have any solution to this before I go back to the older h100 pro xt pump?

DCE498-FE-B27-A-4723-91-F7-179-F47-D63-EE2.thumb.jpg.65a459d924fb3da0f3194573208a7a66.jpg

Hi, I'm ready to give up on the capellix. :mad:

I have a capellix 100i. I purchased it brand new. I previously had an h150i Pro XT and that pump had no problems with iCue software and changing colors/patterns with profile changes.

The capellix has a mind of its own on firmware v.1.6.135.

It will not change with any inputs in the iCue software. It stands alone connected to the coco and none of the lighting effects/profiles work.

It's committed to staying on the default rainbow spiral.

I know my profiles work because the fans RGB will do not work hooked up to the coco. I hooked up all the fans to a copo to control the fan's RGB patterns.

i have 3 diff model fans (sp120, ll120 and ml120s).

Does anyone have any solution to this before I go back to the older h100 pro xt pump?

have you tried a repair on icue? and you could also try swapping it to another header to see if that changes anything?

have you tried a repair on icue? and you could also try swapping it to another header to see if that changes anything?

Hi Zotty!

Are you recommending a repair on icue through the system tools?

I've uninstalled icue 3 times, tried using a 3.34 build and swapping USB 2.0 headers on the mobo and nothing works. I'm wondering if I got a faulty capellix :(

Hi Zotty!

Are you recommending a repair on icue through the system tools?

I've uninstalled icue 3 times, tried using a 3.34 build and swapping USB 2.0 headers on the mobo and nothing works. I'm wondering if I got a faulty capellix :(

its certainly a possibility buddy. maybe try opening a ticket and see what support come up with?.

Note.. as for icue repair. when going to uninstall it it will give you the option to repair instead....

Hi, I skimmed around looking for this info so my apologies if it's been covered and I missed it.

I was just curious if there is any known timetable for when we might see white models available? I'm just a noobie looking to have my first build finished in March and was holding out hope these might be available in time, but if not there's always the H100i. I also understand if this info isn't sharable at this point.

Thanks

Hi, I skimmed around looking for this info so my apologies if it's been covered and I missed it.

I was just curious if there is any known timetable for when we might see white models available? I'm just a noobie looking to have my first build finished in March and was holding out hope these might be available in time, but if not there's always the H100i. I also understand if this info isn't sharable at this point.

Thanks

Hi Buddy.

Unfortunately Corsair will not comment on unleased products. and I have yet to see them break that policy :(

its certainly a possibility buddy. maybe try opening a ticket and see what support come up with?.

Note.. as for icue repair. when going to uninstall it it will give you the option to repair instead....

Hi Zotty,

Support got back to me, they instructed me to do a clean install and download a NEW install from the Corsair website, which is not something I thought would make a difference.

Corsair unknown to me rolled out a new version 3.37.140 on the website which allowed me to customize the Capellix.

It doesn't work the way it should exactly but it's good enough for now!

Hi Zotty,

Support got back to me, they instructed me to do a clean install and download a NEW install from the Corsair website, which is not something I thought would make a difference.

Corsair unknown to me rolled out a new version 3.37.140 on the website which allowed me to customize the Capellix.

It doesn't work the way it should exactly but it's good enough for now!

Yay,,,

yeah new version dropped after we spoke :) .. glad you are up and running matey :)