Corsair Community

Statement from Andy Paul (CEO) regarding 16.8 Million Colors and RGB Keyboards

Corsair James

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys, stop antagonizing each other.

Oh, this is a very tame thread compared to the others... =P Anyway, I made the decision/mistake of picking up a brand new K70 and some translucent keycaps from maxkeyboard along with some o-rings. Here's to hoping everything works out!

/crosses fingers

So just to confirm: The LED technology in the keyboard does allow 16.8mil colors but it is simply a software/firmware issue holding it back?

The problem is the chip(s) that send the signal to the LEDs. Currently it can only reproduce 512 colors and they are currently trying to get the chip(s) to be able to produce 16.8 million colors. So the hang up is both the hardware (the chips controlling the LEDs) and software (how the firmware tells the keyboard to use the chips)

The firmware update is to try and use the chip more efficiently and get more than double its current output (10X iirc from 1mhz to 10mhz).

Now as to whether the hardware is up to the task remains to be seen. I will leave splitting the hair of calling it a hardware or software issue to you.

I think "by contacting us at KBinquiries@corsair.com" is a pretty clear description of what they want me to do. Surely they just haven't read my e-mail yet.
They're answering faster than you think. If you have an issue, create a support ticket as I know those get responded to pretty fast, and I asked them about the KBinquiries as well and they're getting responded to as well. Your 2 week thing doesn't make sense unless it's caught up in their spam filter.

Also, stop creating forum accounts with trash email accounts. It's against the rules and it's why you're getting banned.

I returned my K65 yesterday, just too many issues with the software. I was really surprised to see just how much a peripheral could screw around with the computer and unfortunately non of the long winded work-arounds remedied the problems. Which is a darn shame because the thing felt great and had all the features I wanted.

Realistically, are we going to see a firmware/software update that will fix the light freezing, keyboard locking up and the fact that CUE causes problems and crashes with other programs? I know a lot of people are saying these issues are fixed already but judging from these forums and personal experience that isn't the case (I know people disagree with that). I'd just like an update so I know if it's worth holding out for this keyboard.

I have already emailed Corsair with my specs as they have said that it is a hardware set up issue in their replies to others.

18 more days (April 24) will be 8 weeks from the date that CEO Andy Paul and his engineers estimated a resolution for the 16.9 M colors and other fixes should be completed. Hopefully Corsair James will have a progress report for us soon.

• Corsair Employee
18 more days (April 24) will be 8 weeks from the date that CEO Andy Paul and his engineers estimated a resolution for the 16.9 M colors and other fixes should be completed. Hopefully Corsair James will have a progress report for us soon.

The update with the 16.8m color fix will also contain a new USB protocol that will resolve the "freezing" issues. There also are some kinks we're trying to work out with the 16.8m color mode too. When we're closer to full testing, I'll provide more updates to everyone.

The update with the 16.8m color fix will also contain a new USB protocol that will resolve the "freezing" issues. There also are some kinks we're trying to work out with the 16.8m color mode too. When we're closer to full testing, I'll provide more updates to everyone.

Can't wait!

There may be hope for the KB yet then. Still, I think I'll wait for the V2. This one feels like a pilot study. Hopefully the next one that is put out will be awesome from the get-go :)

@Corsair James

Thats great to hear :) and I am looking forward to this update; although one of the main reasons I purchased this keyboard was for the LUA Scripting.

Yes I know that there are alternate methods, but these may not be stable as I found out when it made all my USB slots stop working :P - I eventually fixed this after 5 hours of work.

When will the lua scripting be officially be available?

If you don't know will it definitely become available sometime in the upcoming future?

Thanks Corsair for refusing to compensate the money I lost because of your actions. Neither me nor the people I build PCs for are ever going to buy Corsair hardware again. So it's a solid financial decision you did there.

Why did you lose money ?

Archived