Corsair Community

Statement from Andy Paul (CEO) regarding 16.8 Million Colors and RGB Keyboards

Corsair James

Well, as much as I am looking forward to the update looks like the competition I mentioned for the k65 rgb just appeared... (which obviously I wont't name here).

Still, I'm willing to give Corsair one last chance before giving the alternative a go! Fingers crossed for the next firmware/software update! :)

Really? Which one?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes it's called loss of sales, and I never mentioned potential customers or market. That quote is from forever ago and I'll be so happy to see you pipe down once the update is out.

You never mentioned the market ?

In response to my comment :

Wasn't it "pressure" from potential customers that forced Corsair to release this product in this condition ?

You posted (post #170) :

No it wasn't. It was pressure from the market.

I won't "pipe down" if the update delivers what I hope it does. I shall be praising Corsair for a good product, even though it took a while to get it right. I shall also be returning my K70 RGB for repair, rather than a refund.

You never mentioned the market ?

In response to my comment :

You posted (post #170) :

I won't "pipe down" if the update delivers what I hope it does. I shall be praising Corsair for a good product, even though it took a while to get it right. I shall also be returning my K70 RGB for repair, rather than a refund.

Yup and everyone here knows that Mr.BrokenRecord. You've said 100 times already.

As you've said 100 times already. ;):

And you did mention "market", Mr Inconsistent.

No it wasn't. It was pressure from the market. They were the first to announce and if their not the first to release then it's a huge loss in sales.

Sorry you cant read Mr.illiterate.

No it wasn't. It was pressure from the market. They were the first to announce and if their not the first to release then it's a huge loss in sales.

Sorry you cant read Mr.illiterate.

Who's Mr illiterate ?

You are making yourself look foolish.

Here's the point you are failing to defend (in fact you are confusing the issue).

Why not just wait another 7 days ?

We've waited long enough Wasn't it "pressure" from potential customers that forced Corsair to release this product in this condition ?

No it wasn't. It was pressure from the market.

Isn't "the market" the same thing as "potential customers" ?

Yes it's called loss of sales, and I never mentioned potential customers or market. That quote is from forever ago and I'll be so happy to see you pipe down once the update is out.

You're all over the place. Please read our last few exchanges again, and try to understand the point I'm making, which is "pressure from potential customers" is very similar, if not the same as "pressure from the market", which you seemed to deny. Mind you, you could have meant something else for all I know.

I'll point out another one of your confusing posts......

Also the current software is working just fine there are bugs on some systems as with all new software.

If the software is working just fine, why are there bugs ?

Does all new software have bugs ? I don't think it does. Some new software has bugs, but not all new software.

Isn't "the market" the same thing as "potential customers" ?

Yes it's called loss of sales, and I never mentioned potential customers or market.

Who's Mr illiterate ?

You are making yourself look foolish.

Here's the point you are failing to defend (in fact you are confusing the issue).

You're all over the place. Please read our last few exchanges again, and try to understand the point I'm making, which is "pressure from potential customers" is very similar, if not the same as "pressure from the market", which you seemed to deny. Mind you, you could have meant something else for all I know.

When i say market i mean the pressure from Logitechs G910 and Razors Chroma. If they werent about to launch then there would been no pressure in the market to release.

I said i didn't mention markey because you seem to think that, "pressure from potential customers" is very similar, if not the same as "pressure from the market". Do you really think that companies make million dollar decisions from 4 guys going "i want it TODAY!". "It was pressure from the market. They were the first to announce and if their not the first to release then it's a huge loss in sales." Obviously points to their competitors and not your random idea of "pressure from customers".

Yes you love to make yourself look like a fool but its ok every forum needs a fool.

When i say market i mean the pressure from Logitechs G910 and Razors Chroma. If they werent about to launch then there would been no pressure in the market to release.

I said i didn't mention markey because you seem to think that, "pressure from potential customers" is very similar, if not the same as "pressure from the market". Do you really think that companies make million dollar decisions from 4 guys going "i want it TODAY!". "It was pressure from the market. They were the first to announce and if their not the first to release then it's a huge loss in sales." Obviously points to their competitors and not your random idea of "pressure from customers".

Yes you love to make yourself look like a fool but its ok every forum needs a fool.

Let's try to keep this sensible.

You say "pressure from the market" is not the same (or similar ?) to "pressure from potential customers". Yes ?

What is "the market" for a product, or products ?

I think it's customers, or potential customers.

The market for RGB keyboards (whatever the make/model) is the customers who will buy them.

Yes, Corsair were under pressure to get their RGB keyboards to market before their competitors.

You could also say Corsair were under pressure to make their RGB keyboards available to potential customers before their competitors.

Really? Which one?

I'm under the impression I'm not allowed to mention other competitors here as it can be construed as advertisement, (which is understandable).

But I guess I can get away with saying that their products are normally bright green. I still want to give the new K65 update a go first though as I don't like the plastic construction and switches as much in the competitor.

We decided then to implement both fixes together in order to provide one single solution so we can resolve both of the top issues, which in this case is the 16.8m colors and the light freezing.

I'm curious on who "We" are that made this decision. If I were in charge (of course, I'm not), I'd implement as many stable updates as possible and work from there, and just label it as "beta." That way, people who are interested in fiddling could fiddle, and those that are waiting a finished product could just wait.

Never hesitate to PM me any concerns or requests you may have. While my time here in the forums has been limited these past few weeks, I do read every PM I get. I am here to help even if I'm not very visible so feel free to use me to your advantage.

This is true and I'm very thankful we have someone who is responsive to our PMs.

/crosses fingers for solid stable udpates

//crosses toes for full lua scripting

Its quite fortunate Corsair tries to be lenient when the rules are broken by name calling.

For the both of us,for me having done so in the past and you presently doing so...;):

I'm under the impression I'm not allowed to mention other competitors here as it can be construed as advertisement, (which is understandable).

But I guess I can get away with saying that their products are normally bright green. I still want to give the new K65 update a go first though as I don't like the plastic construction and switches as much in the competitor.

Oh i thought you meant someone came out with a ten keyless RGB keyboard.

You say "pressure from the market" is not the same (or similar ?) to "pressure from potential customers". Yes ?

What is "the market" for a product, or products ?

I think it's customers, or potential customers.

The market for RGB keyboards (whatever the make/model) is the customers who will buy them.

Yes, Corsair were under pressure to get their RGB keyboards to market before their competitors.

You could also say Corsair were under pressure to make their RGB keyboards available to potential customers before their competitors.

I say "pressure from the market" is not the same to "pressure from potential customers"

I could but i didnt because i could of also said potential customers but i didnt. So why assum.

Oh no 5 digits over god knows how many years to god knows how many companies!

Oh my god you're right! I'll just keep buying Corsair products then because I don't have principles at all.

I'd love to see you encountering a scout selling cookies. I'm sure you're gonna explain that kid how those few dollars are going to change jack and that other cookie manufacturers are going to crush them.

So maybe you should of returned it to Corsair and not the store.

See the next quote.

As per our last message, we've been giving FULL refunds to those who have demanded it and even setup a specific email address to provide full directions on how to request this.

You forgot the part about being lucky enough to find that message.

Is this information...

...on the product page? No.

...in your support section? No.

...on your blog? No.

...buried in the second last sentence of a marketing post somewhere in your forum? Yes.

Archived