Corsair Community

Statement from Andy Paul (CEO) regarding 16.8 Million Colors and RGB Keyboards

Corsair James

rofl, a drop in a the lake.

Why is that funny ?

Is it amusing that someone appears to have lost money because they apparently purchased Corsair product(s) ?

You seem to be very defensive of Corsair, to the point of mocking anyone who has anything negative to say about the company or their products. It's almost like you have a vested interest. But if you did have a vested interest, you wouldn't be having a pop at an unhappy customer, you'd be trying to help.

Very strange.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Corsair for refusing to compensate the money I lost because of your actions. Neither me nor the people I build PCs for are ever going to buy Corsair hardware again. So it's a solid financial decision you did there.

Your customer returns their KB to you. You send them a different keyboard of their choice. Then you return the original KB to Corsair for a refund. Where is the money lost here (in shipping?).

You're the guy that was making duplicate email accounts and re-registering here so you could circumvent being rightfully banned. Would it be a stretch to presume you asked Corsair to compensate you for the entire sale of the computer you assembled, because your customer was unhappy with their KB?

If you read the Terms and Conditions ... the KB you bought is warranted to the value of the KB -only-, lost business, or losses in business, are not the responsibility of the manufacturer. You bought these keyboards as an "end user" at a retail outlet.

But if you did have a vested interest, you wouldn't be having a pop at an unhappy customer, you'd be trying to help.

Many people tried to help, including Corsair. The result was an overly unruly customer that devolved into a nasty situation that resulted in his being banned. His response to moderation was to register 2 new email accounts, jump back in as if he owned the place, and started the same yet again, but with an even harsher tone than before.

For an adult, even if royally pissed, those actions were unacceptable.

• Administrators
Your customer returns their KB to you. You send them a different keyboard of their choice. Then you return the original KB to Corsair for a refund. Where is the money lost here (in shipping?).

<admin snip>

Would it be a stretch to presume you asked Corsair to compensate you for the entire sale of the computer you assembled, because your customer was unhappy with their KB?

I found his support account. While I won't disclose what he said in the ticket (not my place), I will say that your guesses are completely wrong. Leave him alone to his own opinions.

You're the guy that was making duplicate email accounts and re-registering here so you could circumvent being rightfully banned.

<admin snip>

Many people tried to help, including Corsair. The result was an overly unruly customer that devolved into a nasty situation that resulted in his being banned. His response to moderation was to register 2 new email accounts, jump back in as if he owned the place, and started the same yet again, but with an even harsher tone than before.

To be clear - he was banned solely because he was using throwaway email accounts.

If you read the Terms and Conditions ... the KB you bought is warranted to the value of the KB -only-, lost business, or losses in business, are not the responsibility of the manufacturer. You bought these keyboards as an "end user" at a retail outlet.
The warranty isn't based upon the MONETARY VALUE of an item.

Ladies and gentlemen, I would suggest that this ends the discussion of his issue since I have determined that he has a support ticket that is being addressed by our support team.

Ladies and gentlemen, I would suggest that this ends the discussion of his issue since I have determined that he has a support ticket that is being addressed by our support team.

I'd just like to write a response to the following quotes. I assume that's ok?

Why did you lose money ?

I bought a K70 and then learned about the whole 512 color story. So I sent it back to the shop because that's simply what you do in case you want to return something for any reason within 2 weeks.

They didn't refund it completely though because it was already unpacked and used. They are allowed to do so. Not every shop makes use of this right though. Didn't even think of it because I never had to deal with that.

Only right after all this I learned about the returning option offered by Corsair, which was entirely accidental. Just look at where they posted it. Somewhere deep within their forum as one of 11 sticky threads and then further buried in the second last sentence of a post that mostly reads like "our keyboard is just so ultimate and advanced". As if it was written by marketing. The thread title doesn't indicate a return option either.

So I asked them to compensate the remaining €12.66 (money < principle). They refused because they "can't".

I have the feeling they simply don't want to. They probably won't explain why exactly they can't.

But what is that pesky person going to do about it after all, right? We have a whole legal department while he's just running around all day long to earn his minimum wage.

You're the guy that was making duplicate email accounts and re-registering here so you could circumvent being rightfully banned.

The posts have been deleted but I previously already pointed out that I believe the addresses I used were compliant with the forum rules. They were (and still are) permanent and valid, as asked for. Those were the only things regarding e-mail addresses I could find in the rules.

There was also no option to contest the ban. Changing the accounts e-mail address would have been an easy thing to do.

If you want to further discuss the rules I'd suggest this thread specifically made to discuss the rules:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74035

That would be a combination of getting lied to, losing money and not having English as my native language so some things may sound different to you than they sound to me. I also happen to be cynical by nature so that's fun. The legal department sentence above? Couldn't help it.

There's also that little lesson I learned. Who do you think get's what he wants first? The person politely and patiently waiting or that other person having a tantrum?

Obviously the latter. And no, I wasn't the tantrum guy.

Sure, you can be all polite and everything but don't expect to not get the short stick all the time. Unless you're getting paid for it.

To be clear - he was banned solely because he was using throwaway email accounts.

The rules don't really mention "throwaway email accounts"`though. I understand that that they apply to services like "10 Minute Mail", where the address becomes inaccessible after said 10 minutes. That's not the case for the services I used however.

As you might have guessed I use my real address only when really necessary.

I bought a K70 and then learned about the whole 512 color story. So I sent it back to the shop because that's simply what you do in case you want to return something for any reason within 2 weeks.

They didn't refund it completely though because it was already unpacked and used. They are allowed to do so. Not every shop makes use of this right though. Didn't even think of it because I never had to deal with that.

Only right after all this I learned about the returning option offered by Corsair, which was entirely accidental. Just look at where they posted it. Somewhere deep within their forum as one of 11 sticky threads and then further buried in the second last sentence of a post that mostly reads like "our keyboard is just so ultimate and advanced". As if it was written by marketing. The thread title doesn't indicate a return option either.

So I asked them to compensate the remaining €12.66 (money < principle). They refused because they "can't".

I have the feeling they simply don't want to. They probably won't explain why exactly they can't.

But what is that pesky person going to do about it after all, right? We have a whole legal department while he's just running around all day long to earn his minimum wage.

You shouldn't really lose any money if you bought a product that doesn't perform as specified. It might not be a lot of money, but there is a principle involved. I would have thought that in your case, Corsair would have refunded the difference as a gesture of goodwill. No doubt you'll not be recommending an RGB keyboard to anyone, and you might feel bad enough to not recommend other Corsair products. This seems a bit short-sighted of the company.

I suggested from very early on when this "lack of colour" issue was reported (not by Corsair, may I add) that Corsair should be making sure that retailers were making potential customers aware of the issue. Corsair could have easily put a sticker on the packaging to indicate that the full colour range would be available after a future software update. Instead, they said very little, and only recently changed the information on their website from "16.8 million colours" to "multi-color", which is better, but still ambiguous.

Honesty goes a long way in gaining a good reputation with customers.

I have to say well said Profo. there seem to be an awful lot of people willing to defend the practices of Corsair and at the other side of the spectrum a lot of angry customers who lost money who can simply be dismissed as simply overly angry people. At the end of the day, Corsair lied to customers and sold a product that wasn't as advertised. There's no excuse for that, I find it very strange that people think there is.

Here's hoping that the future updates do make it the product it was advertised to be!

I have to say well said Profo. there seem to be an awful lot of people willing to defend the practices of Corsair and at the other side of the spectrum a lot of angry customers who lost money who can simply be dismissed as simply overly angry people. At the end of the day, Corsair lied to customers and sold a product that wasn't as advertised. There's no excuse for that, I find it very strange that people think there is.

Here's hoping that the future updates do make it the product it was advertised to be!

Corsair offers a full refund to those that want it but yet people still go on complaining about the same thing all day along. I think that is quite annoying.

They offer a full refund if you talk with them directly, take it and get another keyboard. But no, there are peoples on this forum (I won't make any names) that simply want to go on complaining because they can. And the ones saying "the more we complain the faster Corsair will fix it" makes it sound like an excuse to simply go on complaining more.

Personally I don't care about the 16,8m color issue, I knew about it before getting my K70 RGB and I'm enjoying it anyway. It is a huge upgrade compared to my previous one, I was a bit worried about the Steam issue but I don't have it and I've had no other issues so far so it's all good :D:

I'd just like to write a response to the following quotes. I assume that's ok?

You are not very good at business are you? You missed out on the deal so you expect Corsair to compensate you? You sound like a customer that paid full price then found out next month they now offer a 10 percent off so you complain you got ripped off. You suck it up and move on.

Why is that funny ?

Is it amusing that someone appears to have lost money because they apparently purchased Corsair product(s) ?

You seem to be very defensive of Corsair, to the point of mocking anyone who has anything negative to say about the company or their products. It's almost like you have a vested interest. But if you did have a vested interest, you wouldn't be having a pop at an unhappy customer, you'd be trying to help.

Very strange.

Because hes acting like a threat of not buying a 170$ product from a multi million dollar is a huge deal. And you seem to be very aggressive towards Corsair refusing to take the refund so you can complain more.

Also i cant help those that make a statement of im not buying any more stuff all i can do is laugh, and see your wrong because i criticize the CUE software all the time and seeing as i made a Fix Guide thats a acknowledgement to the issues.

A vested interest do your research their a private company, and if i really did hold a share of Corsair i wouldnt be here helping people id hire more people to do that for me.

Lastly ive been more of a help then you have so instead of agreeing with people that are very critical of Corsair because we all know your point of view, Corsair is this evil company blah blah blah, maybe you should try being more useful.

Thats your fault from buying from that store with a ****ty return policy. As for the €12.66 deal with it, sue the store, or return it to corsair and get your money back. Or sue corsair so we can all have a good laugh. Btw you earning min wage and building computers for others, great im sure the loss of sales from like 3 computers is going to bankrupt the company. What will they ever do?

Corsair offers a full refund to those that want it but yet people still go on complaining about the same thing all day along. I think that too is quite annoying.

They offer a full refund if you talk with them directly, take it and get another keyboard. But no, there are peoples on this forum (I won't make any names) that simply want to go on complaining because they can. And the ones saying "the more we complain the faster Corsair will fix it" makes it sound like an excuse to simply go on complaining more.

Personally I don't care about the 16,8m color issue, I knew about it before getting my K70 RGB and I'm enjoying it anyway. It is a huge upgrade compared to my previous one, I was a bit worried about the Steam issue but I don't have it and I've had no other issues so far so it's all good :D:

I will Proffo.

You are not very good at business are you? You missed out on the deal so you expect Corsair to compensate you? You sound like a customer that paid full price then found out next month they now offer a 10 percent off so you complain you got ripped off. You suck it up and move on.

Your point is valid but i dont see how it applies. hes pissed about not getting 100% of his money back from some shop.

Lastly for all this fake email stuff drop it who cares. the mods will ban as they see fit, because this is Corsairs forum so they make the rules and they do the banning.

Corsair offers a full refund to those that want it but yet people still go on complaining about the same thing all day along. I think that is quite annoying.

You're not wrong. some complaints are valid but it is true that some seem to complain because they can. I got my refund and I really wish I hadn't had the issues like yourself so I hadn't needed to take it back and could have just enjoyed the KB :( The only difference now being that I am stubborn when it comes to buying from companies that mislead their customers so I don't know if I'll feel ok buying it. I know that doesn't make practical sense and that I'll be the one missing out if they fix the issues, but hopefully by then there will be some more RGB, TKL competition so I don't have to worry about breaking my foolish ethics ;)

You're not wrong. some complaints are valid but it is true that some seem to complain because they can. I got my refund and I really wish I hadn't had the issues like yourself so I hadn't needed to take it back and could have just enjoyed the KB :( The only difference now being that I am stubborn when it comes to buying from companies that mislead their customers so I don't know if I'll feel ok buying it. I know that doesn't make practical sense and that I'll be the one missing out if they fix the issues, but hopefully by then there will be some more RGB, TKL competition so I don't have to worry about breaking my foolish ethics ;)

Maybe proffo could take a leaf from your book.

Your point is valid but i dont see how it applies. hes pissed about not getting 100% of his money back from some shop.

He is not pissed about his return, he is peeved that Corsair did not give him the balance of what his return was short. He is barking up the wrong tree.

Not trying to stir things up and I'm perfectly happy with my k95 rgb, but shouldn't we get at least an update since we're now 3 weeks late of the proposed 8 weeks time frame?

Corsair James gave a statement in another thread. Ill try and find it.

Here you go, James posted this yesterday:

The update with the 16.8m color fix will also contain a new USB protocol that will resolve the "freezing" issues. There also are some kinks we're trying to work out with the 16.8m color mode too. When we're closer to full testing, I'll provide more updates to everyone.

People handle issues with products that aren't to their liking in many different ways,,,some are harsher than others but....

this doesn't justify other members replying with sarcasm or ridicule or slight criticism simply because they don't agree with their degree of complaining.

Their slight loss of money might just mean a great deal more to them than it may to someone else...

People handle issues with products that aren't to their liking in many different ways,,,some are harsher than others but....

this doesn't justify other members replying with sarcasm or ridicule or slight criticism simply because they don't agree with their degree of complaining.

Their slight loss of money might just mean a great deal more to them than it may to someone else...

Well typed.

People handle issues with products that aren't to their liking in many different ways... some whine about the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, and ignores the refund {AKA pulling a Proffo}. Other members rage with cute little threats. While others voice their opinions once or twice and then returns the keyboard to CORSAIR or waits like a normal human would do.

The ones who voice their opinions once or twice doesnt justify other members replying with sarcasm or ridicule or slight criticism. Everyone else is fair game.

And if a slight loss of money means that much to you then one should of kept the keyboard and have it returned to Corsair for a full refund.

Maybe proffo could take a leaf from your book.

Or maybe I could keep making valid, honest comments which will provide accurate and useful information to prospective customers who are considering purchasing a fairly expensive keyboard.

Retailers seem to be misleading consumers. This is the one place where a degree of the truth is told, despite protest from certain forum members.

May I add that I own Corsair's SP2500 speaker system. It's very good.

My PC runs on 8GB of Corsair LP Vengeance RAM. It is also good.

I`ve upgraded a customer's PC that includes a Corsair H100i CPU cooler. No problemo.

Forgot to mention that a few days ago I installed 4GB of Vengeance DDR3 in my friend's PC upgrade. No problem there either.

Corsair do make good products. They fail to make good keyboards, from my experience. The actual hardware seems good, nice design and good materials. The software and some forum members leave a lot to be desired.

:biggrin:

Or maybe I could keep making valid, honest comments which will provide accurate and useful information to prospective customers who are considering purchasing a fairly expensive keyboard.

Retailers seem to be misleading consumers. This is the one place where a degree of the truth is told, despite protest from certain forum members.

THe oh so useful update of theres no 16.8 mill colors. Your right they are all 100% accurate and useless.

On behalf of the entire community i think you for reminding us 100 times there there isnt 16.8 mill colors. I present you the prestigious "Broken Record Reward". This award goes to the user that sounds most like a broken record. He/she has shown that they can point out the obvious over and over again while thinking they are being "useful".

Congrats!!!!

Forgot to mention that a few days ago I installed 4GB of Vengeance DDR3 in my friend's PC upgrade. No problem there either.

Corsair do make good products. They fail to make good keyboards, from my experience. The actual hardware seems good, nice design and good materials. The software and some forum members leave a lot to be desired.

:biggrin:

If I remember correctly, Corsair Link didn't have the best software support at first either.

Archived