Corsair Community

Statement from Andy Paul (CEO) regarding 16.8 Million Colors and RGB Keyboards

Corsair James

People handle issues with products that aren't to their liking in many different ways... some whine about the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over,

Yeah ,I hear ya...;):

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
THe oh so useful update of theres no 16.8 mill colors. Your right they are all 100% accurate and useless.

On behalf of the entire community i think you for reminding us 100 times there there isnt 16.8 mill colors. I present you the prestigious "Broken Record Reward". This award goes to the user that sounds most like a broken record. He/she has shown that they can point out the obvious over and over again while thinking they are being "useful".

Congrats!!!!

To be fair, some of your posts towards people voicing their concerns tend to be unnecessarily antagonistic.

Or maybe I could keep making valid, honest comments which will provide accurate and useful information to prospective customers who are considering purchasing a fairly expensive keyboard.

Retailers seem to be misleading consumers. This is the one place where a degree of the truth is told, despite protest from certain forum members.

Have you ever heard of a review site? Why don't you take your repetitive gripes there and turn it loose. That would make it easier for those of us -unpaid- satisfied customers who would like to help other more patient customers with their issues?

Have you ever heard of a review site? Why don't you take your repetitive gripes there and turn it loose. That would make it easier for those of us -unpaid- satisfied customers who would like to help other more patient customers with their issues?

Or maybe even start a blog if he has so much to say.

@zheren159

I would have messaged you this but just in case you answer this question helps out anyone else;

Sorry if this isn't the apt forum placement for this question but you seem pretty pleased with your Corsair KB, can I ask what model KB + Motherboard you have and did you have any freezing, problems with steam or CUE problems when you bought it and then fixed them with work arounds?

As much as I resent the KBs software being so screwy I am wondering if I missed 1 of the many suggestions that would have fixed my problem (I didn't play with polling rate much for example) and therefore could just have the KB working by now OR if my hardware set up is just doomed to not let me use the K65 RGB. Thanks in advance :)

@zheren159

I would have messaged you this but just in case you answer this question helps out anyone else;

Sorry if this isn't the apt forum placement for this question but you seem pretty pleased with your Corsair KB, can I ask what model KB + Motherboard you have and did you have any freezing, problems with steam or CUE problems when you bought it and then fixed them with work arounds?

As much as I resent the KBs software being so screwy I am wondering if I missed 1 of the many suggestions that would have fixed my problem (I didn't play with polling rate much for example) and therefore could just have the KB working by now OR if my hardware set up is just doomed to not let me use the K65 RGB. Thanks in advance :)

I have all 3 keyboards and I have a laptop so it's a laptop Mobo idk the exact model number. I never had any issues other then a rare freezing and the steam issue before the current public release came out.

I have a fix guide here http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138472

I have all 3 keyboards and I have a laptop so it's a laptop Mobo idk the exact model number. I never had any issues other then a rare freezing and the steam issue before the current public release came out.

I have a fix guide here http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138472

Ok thanks. If I do grab the K65 again I'll be sure to work through your guide top to bottom. I was hoping you were going to say that you had every issue under the sun and that one magical fix made everything better ;)

Ok thanks. If I do grab the K65 again I'll be sure to work through your guide top to bottom. I was hoping you were going to say that you had every issue under the sun and that one magical fix made everything better ;)

Well getting a PCIE USB card fro 15$ could solve every issue there. Unless the user is the ones whining about 16.8 mill colors.

I have an ASUS Z87K (MB) and a K65 RGB. The other day I fired up Steam and started every game in my folder, one after the other, mainly to change resolutions to fit my new monitor. I took the opportunity to observe the default rainbow profile at the same time. A few times there was a stuttering in the rainbow effect as the system became bogged down, but it didn't lock up the effect, or the keyboard.

The problem isn't as widespread as the complaint volume on this forum makes it out to be. Thousands upon thousands of these have been sold, many outlets remain sold out to this day. During the six months or so I have been a member here, I can state liberally that I have seen less than a few dozen individuals complain about a locking up during Steam, and a few compaints about locking during spamming of the LOCK toggles.

The solution for this rare problem is coming very soon. :)

I saw the issue first with the current 1.15 FW and 1.5.80 SW. The problem is that the CPU is under heavy load and thus CUE has some delay sending the data through USB, which is why I notice some apparent freezing.

That kind of thing is not a bug (at least in my opinion), the animation requires constant data from CUE and if the CPU is under heavy load it can't send the data fast enough so it seems to "freeze". That's a rare occurrence anyway, I doubt anyone has the CPU going at 100% all the time. Certainly not when gaming or working, unless you do some heavy render work, etc lol

I saw the issue first with the current 1.15 FW and 1.5.80 SW. The problem is that the CPU is under heavy load and thus CUE has some delay sending the data through USB, which is why I notice some apparent freezing.

That kind of thing is not a bug (at least in my opinion), the animation requires constant data from CUE and if the CPU is under heavy load it can't send the data fast enough so it seems to "freeze". That's a rare occurrence anyway, I doubt anyone has the CPU going at 100% all the time. Certainly not when gaming or working, unless you do some heavy render work, etc lol

FINALLY

someone actually understand loads and the effects it has on CPU processing ,This applies to everything especially when stress testing is done...

I have an ASUS Z87K (MB) and a K65 RGB. The other day I fired up Steam and started every game in my folder, one after the other, mainly to change resolutions to fit my new monitor. I took the opportunity to observe the default rainbow profile at the same time. A few times there was a stuttering in the rainbow effect as the system became bogged down, but it didn't lock up the effect, or the keyboard.

The problem isn't as widespread as the complaint volume on this forum makes it out to be. Thousands upon thousands of these have been sold, many outlets remain sold out to this day. During the six months or so I have been a member here, I can state liberally that I have seen less than a few dozen individuals complain about a locking up during Steam, and a few compaints about locking during spamming of the LOCK toggles.

The solution for this rare problem is coming very soon. :)

Thanks for the info on this on my part. I had a slew of issues and it immediately put me off the board, but I'm hoping Zheren's suggestion of PCIE card will work, it makes sense that it would judging from the pattern of problems. It's worth the risk considering how cheap they are and worse case scenario I have a spare piece of hardware, just one for the bits and bolts draw if it ends up being a no go and I just take the board back again :) I'll report back here when I try it in case anyone else benefits seeing if this fixes issue with fellow Z97-A users.

Honestly I would have just bought another board and I will if the card doesn't work but there are literally no other boards out there that suit the specs I want right ( I did A LOT of research). So as much as I'd rather get it from another company now, you can't argue that Corsairs been bang on the marketing and design to own the slice of consumers with my preferences.

No,someone actually understands the obvious without assuming unrealistic expectations..

so your trying to tell me i cant spam my CPU with a few trillion commands per second and expect it not to lag? :eek:

Jk but never saw anyone here have unrealistic expectations for their computers .

only if its a CPU bottle neck. but how often does that happen? i rather have my keyboard lag tbh then the game lol.

CUE doesn't put a lot of load on the CPU, but it is time critical. If you're under heavy load (~100%), priority shifts to whatever is putting load on the CPU. Setting CUE's priority tells the CPU to deal with it first consistently. You're doing the same work, just in a different order. Almost all games would be unaffected by that change.

Man, having all 3 keyboards would help me make some cool stuff. >.<

Yeah, I have this LoL profile that I'd love to convert to the other keyboards, but I can't do that without janky pain-in-the-*** XML editing.

Man, having all 3 keyboards would help me make some cool stuff. >.<

Maybe save up and get them? XD

Yeah, I have this LoL profile that I'd love to convert to the other keyboards, but I can't do that without janky pain-in-the-*** XML editing.

Eh i have them because its easier for me to convert things that way and funny thing no ones asked for your league profile. I wold of thought that would be in demand because of the number of people that play league

Maybe save up and get them? XD

Eh i have them because its easier for me to convert things that way and funny thing no ones asked for your league profile. I wold of thought that would be in demand because of the number of people that play league

I haven't updated it in a while until just recently. Back then, there were working conversions for the other keyboards.

Archived