Corsair Community

Corsair K100 freezes after latest firmware update

Hi,

after updating my K100 to the newest firmware version (v1.11.39) the keyboard randomly freezes.

What you see when  its frozen is that the colors are frozen as they were in that moment and no additional input is registered.

Disconnecting the usb and reconnecting fixes it.

This happens about once every two hours

• Like 2

Having the same problem, I just got the keyboard too, was about to return to Amazon, but since it seems it's a firmware thing, I really hope you can fix it soon. It's very annoying, otherwise like the keyboard.

Even if you can provide an old firmware file so we can force rollback through iCUE.

On 12/9/2022 at 2:44 AM, Urganot said:

Hi,

after updating my K100 to the newest firmware version (v1.11.39) the keyboard randomly freezes.

What you see when  its frozen is that the colors are frozen as they were in that moment and no additional input is registered.

Disconnecting the usb and reconnecting fixes it.

This happens about once every two hours

On 12/17/2022 at 4:59 AM, empee said:

You won't get any support here, probably not even a response. To save you some time, the only response you may get is asking if it's logged via https://help.corsair.com/.

You still won't get any support then. But this is the joy of buying Corsair products.

Corsair, the worst support in the industry.

Looks like support is active, I just imagine with both the holidays and a hefty amount of tickets, things may just be slow for now.

I logged a support ticket for this a week ago, and no response. Since i change the polling rate from 1000hz to 8000hz it seems to happen less often, but still like once or twice a day without fail.

Sometimes when barely using my keyboard, sometimes when in full use. Something is conflicting with the driver/firmware.

Edited by DrZZZZZ

• 2 weeks later...

I had updated my firmware at the beginning of the month and I just recently had the volume automatically go from 14 to 100 then lock the whole keyboard. I had to shut my speakers off and then unplug the keyboard to allow me to lower the volume. Please fix this as I can't have this happen again. 

On 12/20/2022 at 10:27 AM, spergcannon said:

Looks like support is active, I just imagine with both the holidays and a hefty amount of tickets, things may just be slow for now.

Active is one thing, useful is another. Corsair support isn't useful one bit from my experience. It would be great to hear it was all resolved for you without fuss but I'm very doubtful.

Exact same issue here.

Got myself a K100 RGB after Christmas, issue started after updating the firmware.

The keyboard can randomly freezes now, It's actually infuriating especially when playing online competitive games. I have died multiple times due to my keyboard cutting out. Have to unplug it and plug it back in to fix it.

Edited by josh125
More information

I have the same problem with the supposed flagship keyboard of the brand 

A product geared towards high performance and people have to be plugging and unplugging it to make it work WHAT A JOKE

Let's hope Corsair fixes it or at least communicates and tells us that this type of error is normal on a keyboard of this price.💀

• Corsair Employee

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and the behavior you all are describing can be frustrating.  I'll need some additional information so we can investigate further and have a better understanding of what is causing the freezing after the update.  Can all of you provide the following:

• Part Number from the back of the keyboard (CH-9XXXXXX)
  • What version of iCUE do you have installed?
  • Windows 10 or 11? And current update version?
  • Upload your system specs to your forum profile
  • Polling Rate?
  • Is the keyboard plugged directly to the motherboard?
  • Does the freezing occur even with iCUE completely closed and exited out of?

Most of you haven't submitted tickets for this issue yet.  Please visit the support page and submit a ticket so that the Technical Support team can properly field your inquiry and assist you with an appropriate resolution if needed.

I can say that this affects EVERY recent keyboard. A friend got an older build, where no newer firmware is available and his FW version differs A LOT. He got no problems.

I've got at CH-912A01A-DE with iCue 4.32.129 at firmware 1.11.34.

Windows 10 up2date

Polling rate is at 1000hz and i don't dare to change that. Keyboard is plugged to a USB3 Hub, because this kinda lowers the frequency of the problem.

The problem occurs no matter if iCue is running or not.

I had the K100 before and returned it mid december. At that time i had the latest firmware and ran the latest iCue software. The problem occured daily in the middle of a game.

With the replacement K100 i'm sticking to firmware 1.11.34 (latest is 1.11.39), latest iCue and a usb hub between keyboard and mainboard. Now the problem only occurs every 2-3 days. Problem is the same: Keyboard stops responding, led's are stuck to the last color (no animation anymore), repeats the last key endlessly. Only un- and replugging the usb cable resolves this problem.

This is one of the most expensive keyboards on the market. Stop making excuses, talking around the problem and deliver some value. Such a fail could easily end a company

I am also having the freezing issue. About once a day. Mostly annoying, though at one point, it froze and the last key I hit repeated until I unplugged the keyboard. However, it was the backspace key and it deleted about a paragraph of a script I am working on. Not happy with that, though I was able to undo damage before an autosave could have screwed me.

Now, one that MAY be important. I initially installed the Elgato stream deck software, as instructed. It says that is used to program the macro keys. I didn't make any macros and left it installed. I had NO problems at this point. This was the version live on Dec 5,2022. Then on Jan 8,2023 I bought and installed an Elgato Stream Deck V2. It updated to the newest SD software (6.0.2.17735). And then, all hell broke loose with keyboard freezes. It now happens about once per day. Note that when this occurs, the mouse (which is plugged in to the KB), also cannot click. It can move the pointer, things like menus highlight, but left-click input is blocked, right click still works.

When I unplug and replug the KB when frozen, I notice my stream deck rebooted. So, the SD software IS reacting somehow. The SD is plugged into a completely different USB controller also. No other USB devices are affected.

• CH-912A01A-NA
    • Windows 10.0.19044 (21H2)
  • Upload your system specs to your forum profile
  • Polling Rate?
    • 1000 Hz
    • Yes, via USB 2 plug
    • Yes

Also, Firmware is 1.11.39. I used the keyboard from Dec 5->Jan 8 with NO problems at all until the SD software updated. I never did get macro recording to work either, so maybe something in the FW/SW version is the conflict. I hope this can help.

+1 here with the same exact issue. K100 freezing at random after hours playing. I tried lower the spooling rate, no luck. Then i followed a tutorial to remove icue from registry and this helped to space the freezing. now i get it after maybe 4 hours of continue play. the keyboard has only 30 days. I saw too that corsair released a new firmware but the icue says it failed to update. my firmware here is the 1.11.39..... Please Corsair do something.

• Like 1

I have the same random freezing Problem

It started happening after the last Software Update

Keyboarde Software is 1.11.39

21 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

• CH-912A01A-DE
  • 11 freschly updated
  • Polling Rate?
  • 1000hz
  • Yes
  • Unsure

• Corsair Employee

@Copper001 - Thanks for the additional feedback about the Stream Deck Integration and Stream Deck recently being installed on your system.  Can you confirm if the behavior continues after unplugging the Stream Deck?  Also, is yours the MK.2 or + model?

@FWWS13_Benni - Do you have a Stream Deck and the Stream Deck software also installed on your system?  If so, which model?

@BusPilot - Can you provide the additional information we requested, as well as if you have a Stream Deck and the software for it?

1 hour ago, Corsair Nick said:

@Copper001 - Thanks for the additional feedback about the Stream Deck Integration and Stream Deck recently being installed on your system.  Can you confirm if the behavior continues after unplugging the Stream Deck?  Also, is yours the MK.2 or + model?

@FWWS13_Benni - Do you have a Stream Deck and the Stream Deck software also installed on your system?  If so, which model?

@BusPilot - Can you provide the additional information we requested, as well as if you have a Stream Deck and the software for it?

I have the Stream Deck software installed cause i wanted to use it with the G-Keys

I don´t own a Streamdeck

The Software was closed the last time the freezing happend

8 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

I have a Mk2 stream deck. I just got on the computer for the night, so I will see how it behaves. It usually only happens once every 4 hours maybe. Moreso when I type alot. It almost feels as if it might be entering a Macro Record mode accidentally and perhaps a buffer fills up? If this buffer is in the keyboard, in hardware, and we get an overrun, that might explain the freeze and repeating input. If I see any more freezes, I was thinking of using iCUE to disable the dials Macro function. I do think it strange I have never gotten the macro record to work at all. The elgato software had a lot of changes in the 6.0->6.01->6.02 patches, and some of it is to fix "missing" libraries (though I never got messages about anything missing). Maybe an incompatible lib is now being included and loaded. I also noted that during the lockup, I plugged in an old, "dumb" Logitech keyboard and it couldn't type either. Moving my mouse to another USB also wouldn't work. So, it definitely seems like an input event is being captured by a crashed subroutine that isn't released until the KB is unplugged. I'll keep you updated if I find any other data. I think as a whole, we are on to something here...

As requested, my streamdeck MK2 is currently unplugged and for the first hour, so far so good. I'm going to do some script writing and see if lots of typing can trigger it.

Edited by Copper001