Corsair Community

Corsair K100 freezes after latest firmware update

On 12/23/2023 at 4:49 PM, John Hoang said:

they did it

Seems so. I so hope it will stay that way. Since my last post, not any freeze anymore. Great, Corsair! A long job, sure - but in the end: Great. Thanks!

On 12/22/2023 at 9:47 PM, Devyphar said:

@Mortegat

I've had this issue in the past due to having both MSI Mystic RGB and iCue services running (even with the MSI Center app closed and 3rd party RGB blocked in both apps)... What fixed it for me was to open Task Manager and kill anything RGB/Lighting related (Asus Aura, Mystic Light, Razer Chroma, etc.) that is not Corsair/iCue.

In my case under background processes there are "CC_Engine_x64, LEDKeeper2, LightKeeperService, MSI Center Service, MSI.CentralServer, MSI.TerminalServer, MSI_Case_Service, Mystic_Light_Service" and this is just for MSI Center (really wish MSI had integration with iCue like Asus does).

Once you kill all that, go into iCue settings > General tab > click restart "iCue service"

If it still fails after all that... Boot Windows into safe mode, you should be able to just open iCue and update the firmware with no interference from other apps.

Hope this helps you out! 🙂

I had tried to just close MSI Center without killing it in task manager and that did not work. It required killing them in task manager in order for it to install, so thank you for these instructions. Now just to hope this keyboard stops causing havoc on my pc finally.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Firmware v1.15.61 seems to be better than before. The previous firmware would still occasionally crash, requiring me to unplug the device. iCue would also crash. It's nice to see some improvements, even though it's taken a long time. I just saw my keyboard go max brightness for a split second. I wasn't typing at the time, but it seems to have recovered on its own and icue didn't crash. Definitely an improvement. Here's hoping it stays working better than previous versions, and that the devs find a way to completely fix the underlying issue (Assuming it isn't a hardware problem).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2023 at 1:57 PM, Grumpkus said:

I am giving it another shot. I repurchased keyboard and upgraded to 1.15.61. I will update if I experience any issues.

It's been a month. Probably put 120-140 hours on this keyboard during that time. ZERO issues. Everything has worked flawlessly. 

Can confirm that haven't had issues for a long while now. Let's hope it's the end of it.

Okay, the posts above look promising!

I'm going to bite the bullet, I will be upgrading to v1.15.61 today! (coming from version v1.14.58)

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2024 at 6:40 PM, Grumpkus said:

It's been a month. Probably put 120-140 hours on this keyboard during that time. ZERO issues. Everything has worked flawlessly. 

Two more months. No issues. Probably 250-300 hours. Resolved for me 

• Like 2

Can also reiterate from my last post that I've had no issues.

I can confirm the keyboard is now working for 2 months without any issues. 👍

• 2 months later...

The problems continue although they seem to have been mitigated for the most part, but from time to time it breaks, it is noticeable because the trail of colors acts as a brief restart, it also gives me the feeling that it slows down my PC, especially when I am playing Fortnite or Counter Strike If I close icue before opening the game it is mitigated even more until it almost doesn't happen but sometimes it does strange things like the keyboard does not respond, unfortunately I will process the warranty it is a shame that after 2 years the problem has not been completely solved

I have the latest version of everything, and I have even tried changing them and it is true that the latest one improved compared to the previous ones but it still happens after many hours of testing

1 minute ago, mgapy said:

Los problemas continúan aunque parecen haber sido mitigados en su mayor parte, pero de vez en cuando se rompe, se nota porque el rastro de colores actúa como un breve reinicio, también me da la sensación de que ralentiza mi PC, especialmente cuando estoy jugando Fortnite o Counter Strike Si cierro icue antes de abrir el juego se mitiga aún más hasta que casi no sucede pero a veces hace cosas raras como que el teclado no responde, lamentablemente tramitaré la garantía. una pena que después de 2 años el problema no se haya solucionado del todo

Tengo la última versión de todo, e incluso he probado a cambiarlas y es cierto que la última mejoró respecto a las anteriores pero sigue pasando después de muchas horas de pruebas.

It's true that now I don't have to disconnect the keyboard, but the restart happens, it's just a moment of freezing and that's it, but when you're in a pvp it's quite annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

The closest thing I've had to an issue more recently was a couple of times iCUE simply crashed and I had to restart it, but neither the keyboard or the mouse stopped working and only really noticed because the lights froze.

Edited by Tiucaner

Posted (edited)

Anyone getting this issue? And should I be concerned had it for a week, love the keyboard... but curious if i should be refunding this and is a K70 better?

image.png.80ef2c3199a08cab9c7490295da5593a.png

image.png.1f694a482c124ba3927781b84534478f.png

Edited by Bbubblrss