Corsair Community

Corsair K100 freezes after latest firmware update

On 1/25/2023 at 6:40 PM, Tiucaner said:

Does it fix the issue?

IT DOES NOT WORK! I CANNOT USE THIS FIRMWARE COZ ICUE SAYS "INVALID FIRMWARE" when i try to update this version.

thats the best thing... they provided me a 2 years old and it even doesnt work!

SMALL INDIE COMPANY!

4 hours ago, Dooum said:

How much weeks do you need to fix that ffs

It's been months, I thought I was crazy and started blaming windows.  I ended up getting a totally different keyboard.  I've never been so happy and system had not a single hiccup ever since.

Lmao i think they left me on read

image.png.8bf6b48cae99eb63c30454a136ec6d7d.png

Its my fault really for expecting a quality product from this brand

Better off with a 30$ keyboard from amazon

Don't worry guys i'm sure they are working hard on a revision of the k100 named something like the k100 pro elite that fixes some of this problems 😂

Solange wir alles hinnehmen wird sich so schnell nichts ändern. 

Viele negative bewertungen, Reklamationen, Tickets, RMAs,  Andere vom kauf abraten, Negative Forenbeiträge etc. Ist wohl das einzige was Corsair und andere Firmen verstehen. 

Ich bin nicht mehr bereit so viel Geld für so wenig Qualität zu bezahlen...

RMAs und Tickets mache ich aber weiterhin bis die K100 ok ist.

1 hour ago, GermanBernd said:

Solange wir alles hinnehmen wird sich so schnell nichts ändern. 

Viele negative bewertungen, Reklamationen, Tickets, RMAs,  Andere vom kauf abraten, Negative Forenbeiträge etc. Ist wohl das einzige was Corsair und andere Firmen verstehen. 

Ich bin nicht mehr bereit so viel Geld für so wenig Qualität zu bezahlen...

RMAs und Tickets mache ich aber weiterhin bis die K100 ok ist.

Hab eine bestellt, ein Ersatz bekommen, ein Ticket geschrieben (der Support sagt Problem wird untersucht...) und Morgen geht sie zurück und es gibt ne APEX Pro. 
Ganz einfache Sache.

I won't be buying corsair again after this whole experience. For such a premium keyboard this is unacceptable that drivers/software are the issue with so many people. How do none of the other companies have this issue?

Sort it out

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GermanBernd said:

Mir ist unbegreiflich, warum Corsair nicht offiziell eine funktionierende Firmware per Icue anbietet. Und wenn man die Versionsnummer auf zb 1.11.40 ändert...

Das kann doch nicht so schwer sein ...

You're right it takes them really long, yes. The problem is that they need to find the issue that causes the problem in the first place, this isn't a matter of just changeing the firmware version number. I'm myself be rather waiting a little longer for a stable release, before I need to work with a half baked solution.

What would have been nice from Corsair on the other hand, is enableing us to rollback to an older firmware version where this bug isn't present.

But that's all just from my side, I only experienced this problem 2 times in a time span of four weeks.

Edited by Szene

• Corsair Employee

There is a workaround that we would like you to try and see if this improves the freezing behavior.  This was suggested by another user for a different issue, but might help here as well.

• Create a new profile in iCUE
  • Select the Control Wheel setting
  • Turn off Macro Recording the toggle
  • Select Device settings
  • Delete the Default Profile
  • Save the new profile you created to the K100 Device memory

If you have created any custom Hardware profiles previous, we recommend saving them to iCUE first before deleting them.  You will need to select the triple dot option to save them.

• Haha 1

On 2/1/2023 at 3:48 AM, Corsair Nick said:

There is a workaround that we would like you to try and see if this improves the freezing behavior.  This was suggested by another user for a different issue, but might help here as well.

• Select Device settings

If you have created any custom Hardware profiles previous, we recommend saving them to iCUE first before deleting them.  You will need to select the triple dot option to save them.

Not working 

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2023 at 11:48 PM, Corsair Nick said:

• Select Device settings

it didnt worked here too. I will need to ask for a refund? this is below the acceptable. Please, share a older firmware.

• Haha 1

• Corsair Employee
13 hours ago, GermanBernd said:

Kann mann nicht die letzte funktionierende version mit einer neueren Versionsnummer  über ICue anbieten??

Besser eine ältere Firmware die Funktioniert als dieser 1.11.39 Müll...

As of right now we're not recommending users to rollback to earlier versions of the firmware.  If we do confirm this is an appropriate resolution to the freezing, we will provide the appropriate steps and process for it.  We are still working towards a permanent solution, however we're recommending user try the steps above as a workaround to see if it impacts the behavior.

On 2/1/2023 at 3:48 AM, Corsair Nick said:

• Select Device settings

I tried it too and it did not affect the freezing at all. Sadly, I have the crashing behaviour sometimes once a day and on other days a few times an hour. It is completely random as it happens in games, when typing a document or even when I am not at the PC and it is only running without any input at all.

I also have sent in a ticket and hope it gets fixed soon.

On 1/31/2023 at 9:48 PM, Corsair Nick said:

• Select Device settings

Unfortunately the suggested solution also did not work for me.

On 1/31/2023 at 9:48 PM, Corsair Nick said:

• Select Device settings

Hello,

To save other from countless of hours and headaches figuring out how to solve this.. This is by the way my 3rd. K100 that was replaced by Best Buy 2x for the same abnormal behavior.

- Did all of that troubleshooting what that user you mentioned did.  NOTHING CHANGED

- Removed iCue completely.  NOTHING CHANGED

-No iCue installed.  NOTHING CHANGED

-Re formated my drive, update all bios drivers all of that... NOTHING CHANGED

-Installed it on a different computer.  NOTHING CHANGED

-installed it on a Mac computer.  NOTHING CHANGED

This leads me to believe that it is the firmware, or something withing the hardware conflicting with the firmware, causing this.  

There is multiple thread on your forums "Freezing K100", Randomly typing... iCue software causing K100... they are all related.  I am not sure if this only occurs on a new revision of these keyboard.  

I did read usere that purchased this keyboard over a year ago, and not have 1 problem... it seems to impact user that purchased it either october of 2022 - current.  Hope this helps