Corsair Community

Introducing iCUE Murals (Beta)

Corsair CJ

Well I updated my BIOS  to the latest version and I completely uninstalled iCUE then reinstalled the latest version. Still I cannot get the  Rainbow Mural to work as it basically looks white..there is no rainbow color effect. I gave up and just manually set the scene for each device to Rainbow Wave and it works fine and looks like it used to before this "Mural" beta update. I still can't figure out why Rainbow Mural doesn't work, but also none of the other new murals look good to me. They all look washed out.  The only ones that look correct are the Corsair Yellow and Blue murals. I give up.

On 11/11/2022 at 8:39 PM, Sorata said:

Thanks for the link, me and many others will be using that.

Yes, thank you, I chose to revert to the previous version. I was quite satisfied with the way I had my fans and memory modules configured. I may try Murals in the future, but for now it was a hot mess for me. 😀

On 11/12/2022 at 11:06 AM, Redphyve said:

Hi PJH

thanks for the reply, though I'm not understanding what you mean when you say "move your devices around". If I move the devices into the bar I jest get the colours the device covers. And I don't have bars that move. Will attach a file to show you.

Thanks for helping me out. At 60-odd years old sometimes I feel a bit out of touch.,

Untitled.jpg

Hey, hey!

Looks good. Now play some music to get the bars moving upward to the beat in the street that makes you shuffle your feet, and adjust your devices until your heart's content and enjoy the light show.

My feedback in regards to Murals:

- Has great potential!
- It would be great to turn devices on and off based on mural selection. For example, if i'm using 'Monitor Screen' I may only want mural activity for the LED strips behind my monitor.  If i'm in Liquid/Interstellar, then I want all my devices to work with it.  
- Speed and overall brightness controls would be great to have
- As mentioned, getting it to work with Asus products is needed
- Naming of devices (strips ) in the layout would help as we often have a ton to organize

Great work thus far!

Edited by denonsix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, denonsix said:

My feedback in regards to Murals:

- Has great potential!
- It would be great to turn devices on and off based on mural selection. For example, if i'm using 'Monitor Screen' I may only want mural activity for the LED strips behind my monitor.  If i'm in Liquid/Interstellar, then I want all my devices to work with it.  
- Speed and overall brightness controls would be great to have
- As mentioned, getting it to work with Asus products is needed
- Naming of devices (strips ) in the layout would help as we often have a ton to organize

Great work thus far!

This

On 11/13/2022 at 8:23 PM, John Hoang said:

I dont see any pain with Murals and other type of lighting.

- It you want to use Linking Link. Disable Murals, go to the Device Lighting itself and choose the Lighting you like.

- If you want to to use Murals, simply pick the one you like on Home Screen.

- Murals will overwrite other type of lighting just like Scenes before.

I think you may have overlooked where I stated that the option for Lighting link did not exist, it did not appear at all where it was supposed too. There seems to be a glitch removing that option at times. I had to reinstall it before the option reappeared to do what your suggesting. Others are having various glitches too including it disabling some hardware.  And like another user said the rainbow mural is just all white.

• Like 1

The process for lighting link seems odd, not sure why old methods weren't just included with murals(new rainbow was atrocious, apparently now it's just broken), the program likes to crash a lot more often now, and now my headset won't stay connected to the computer unless I switch to USB mode and plugged in. All started with the new update. 

Loving the performance of this clearly early iteration! 

Besides the normal features one would want to add to the Audio Lighting (scaling, select colors, number of bands, reverse left to right, mirror from center, etc.) one must have is a default key color. Right now, if music isn't playing all of the keys are black/dark...which is not particularly useful. 

What I've done in WPE is to set a default color (usually a darker blue) so that I can see the keys whether or not music is playing. On your Audio Lighting screen it would just mean that the background would be you chosen solid color while the bars would stay the same.

Another option would be to use the same idea as the Game Engine settings do, re: play the current theme until the game starts and switches over. So, for example, I could run the classic rainbow until the program detects audio playing and then switches over to the customized Audio Lighting Mural. 🙂

I eagerly look forward to future versions of this really great idea.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 11:46 PM, c-attack said:

Murals can be toggled on/off but it doesn't disappear from the menu.  If you want to go back to 4.29, simply uninstall 4.30 and use the downloadable installer for 4.29.  Make you DO NOT select the remove all profiles option.  Your prior profile state was saved when you updated and it will pick up where you left off.  

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.29.203_release.msi

This new thing murals is horrible...!!!
Thank you c-attack, for providing a link for a previous version of iCUE. 😉
Downloaded, installed it and now i once again have back the GORGEOUS scenes.

• Like 1

• Corsair Employee
9 hours ago, loyis7 said:

This new thing murals is horrible...!!!
Thank you c-attack, for providing a link for a previous version of iCUE. 😉
Downloaded, installed it and now i once again have back the GORGEOUS scenes.

The effects the SCENES feature included are the very same lighting effects available when configuring the lighting on a per device level. There is even the Lighting Link effects which allow for the desired effects, or effects to be synced across all devices. These options have always been available when configuring per device lighting effects.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

The effects the SCENES feature included are the very same lighting effects available when configuring the lighting on a per device level. There is even the Lighting Link effects which allow for the desired effects, or effects to be synced across all devices. These options have always been available when configuring per device lighting effects.

Except when the option disappears 😕

• Corsair Employee
13 hours ago, Tokenology said:

When I go to Home and click on lighting effects it lets me change it to rain but when I close out the program it goes back to a stactic mural. 

Mind providing a screenshot of the entire iCUE window showing the lighting settings you are attempting to set per device? And did you make sure to click the Mural effect off instead of leaving it enabled?

removed scenes completly, which made my keyboard redundant as it could no longer link with my other devices. had a play around with the murals and lots of the effects i likes were gone. Not very happy overall, it seems like lots of functionality was removed rather than enhanced

Edited by Que123
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Que123 said:

removed scenes completly, which made my keyboard redundant as it could no longer link with my other devices. had a play around with the murals and lots of the effects i likes were gone. Not very happy overall, it seems like lots of functionality was removed rather than enhanced

Have you read older posts? The effects are still there. Go to the device lighting tab

23 hours ago, Tokenology said:

When I go to Home and click on lighting effects it lets me change it to rain but when I close out the program it goes back to a stactic mural. 

Set it as your default profile

for those who seems havent used profiles before check out the free ones, better than scenes.

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/icue-library

Edited by t1971

Ok, my thoughts:

The new version is terrible and the new feature with the weird name Murals is completely unnecessary in my opinion. Shame on Corsair, but I downgraded back to the old version, if only because of the much nicer scenes. I'll see what other vendors have to offer.

• Like 1

I am using Icue 3 for the OSD. I have two questions:

1) To use this with wallpaper engine, would we simply disable Wallpaper Engine taking over the RGB of Icue, and then setting a mural to the screen?

2) Regarding the OSD - again, I generally use wallpaper engine all the time, but do switch to different profiles that change the keyboard and mouse to different settings. Sometimes within the same application.  Is there some way to get visual notification of what profile I have switched to while using murals? I may sound like a broken telephone, but OSD is a useful feature. Even a small notification as to the profile you've turned ot is all I would need.

This software is an absolute mess! Where are the previous Scenes? I can kind of cludge them out of it but there is no way way to save it when I close the program. And even when I do they disappear. I don't think I've ever seen anything as bad is this. I'm permanently stuck on Interstellar because its the only decent Mural . UGH. This sucks

• Corsair Employee
2 hours ago, Tmodem said:

This software is an absolute mess! Where are the previous Scenes? I can kind of cludge them out of it but there is no way way to save it when I close the program. And even when I do they disappear. I don't think I've ever seen anything as bad is this. I'm permanently stuck on Interstellar because its the only decent Mural . UGH. This sucks

Use Lighting Link. It's can do pretty much the same as Scenes.

Or change the device lighting on each device to exactly what you want.

Can also import a fancier profile from the iCUE Library for something cooler than anything Scenes did. 

Ok, my thoughts:

The new version seems pretty stable to me. And the mural screen sync is great with a low impact on performance. It would be great to have options to smooth the animations when using murals, definitely when using screen sync on games. A fade and blur effect would really help make it less flashy. I have also noticed that the RGB fans don't work immediately after updating. Changing profile and opening the lighting effect menu fixed the issue for me.

• Like 1

I too was really on the fence about the fact that I lost my settings about those old scenes. I was using a very cool looking cycle and I was at first pissed.

After looking around the new murals interface a bit, I set the fans and pump properly on the interface so that their relevant positions match, and went on here to find a few videos:

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-17244145-shockwave-explosion-centre-look-like-flame-circle

Well actually here: https://www.shutterstock.com/video/search/loops and then I loved the one up top.

There are so many free loop videos there that make so many impressive effects... I still miss the simplicity of the scenes, but after spending an hour or so searching around I was able to create a much more customised experience. Right Now my Setup explodes a bue supernova every 7 seconds or so.

It's worht spending some time searching and creating a video loop in iCue.

6 hours ago, UKmanonfire said:

ICUE 4 MURALS

Nice idea but can someone please tell me where all the profiles have gone with really vivid colours like rainbow etc the new rainbow mural is really weak in vibrancy and where are we getting new murals from is there a dedicated site?

Read older posts. All the lighting effects are still there. Go to Device Lighting, you will find them.

I'm surprised that people don't really know Device Lighting feature

image.thumb.png.637488a87f0d8c3837db73e9767e2161.png

Edited by John Hoang