Corsair Community

Introducing iCUE Murals (Beta)

Corsair CJ

Loving the new features but I cant seem to get the Monitor capture to work with my main monitor. WOrks fine with the other three but its completely black with my main one.

Also if we use a video with black in it the LEDs that are in the black portions of the video still turn on which can ruin the effect.

Edited by Garulf

There should be a single universal way to adjust/modify color schemes, not having to deal with Murals + Profiles or having to drill down to multiple locations. Having the ability to customize each device is nice, but having to utilize it to set up a global scheme is a pain.  Memorizing lighting layout (because the naming convention only include type of light, not controller+ channel + type of light).  If I lose track of what is what when using the murals, I cannot delete the mural and simply create a new one with a default device map.  It's a great start but you need some polish here.

• Like 1

iCUE 4.31.168 Released and i accidently uodated, oh well lets see if it fixed the issues. ...and still no fixing the issues with Lighting link.

Rain still has a rainbow background instead of black out and then the flashes like rain drops and color pulse turns rainbow pattern between colors even with murals off. Still broken and once again I am switching back to pre murals icue. 

Already ordered new RGB fans to replace all 11 of my icue ones with 4x the CFM rating. All thats left is to dump icue and switch everything to another RGB system if it wasn't for liking the nexus on my keyboard but I think I can live without it and corsair at this point. Gonna give it one last try in about a month but if its still this broken mess then  the icue controllers and cables come out and I am dumping every single Corsair product its too much of a pain and too buggy since the murals integration and constantly having to refuse updates to keep the good icue build.

If i keep anything icue it will just be the temp probes and Nexus but I can set my Asus MB and Monitor to do the same thing on their built in LCD screens So I may just get rid of it all in the end to save headaches.  I really like icue and was pushing friends to add it to their builds over Aura sync etc but now I may recommend they stir clear or at least take my icue stuff I'm dumping so they can see how jacked it is now without wasting their money.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 4:46 PM, c-attack said:

Murals can be toggled on/off but it doesn't disappear from the menu.  If you want to go back to 4.29, simply uninstall 4.30 and use the downloadable installer for 4.29.  Make sure you DO NOT select the remove all profiles option.  Your prior profile state was saved when you updated and it will pick up where you left off.  

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.29.203_release.msi

The murals make all my iCue devices flicker and when they stabilize it's all washed out colors. This is crap.

Thanks for the direct link to the last functional version. Pulling it now...

• Like 2

I like it! But I would love it if it was possible to "flip" the fans/hardware orientation instead of just rotating them. Effects are flipped on my fans (easy to see with the audio lighting, lights that should be on the right are on the left and vice-versa). Rotating doesn't work because it now causes the lights to go down instead of up. Being able to "flip" or "mirror" the fans/devices would fix it.

• Like 1

I like the idea of these Murals, but they don't work with my Asus GPU or motherboard like the scenes did. You finally got iCue to recognize the Asus hardware again after months of it being broken, then Corsair updates and add murals and it doesn't work with Asus RGB like the scenes did. Maybe it's not broken, but just not implemented yet? Either way, please bring the ability of Asus hardware to work with murals.

• Like 1

• Corsair Employee
On 12/8/2022 at 7:19 AM, Furykn16ht said:

Not sure if any mentioned this yet, but the Monitor Screen Mural won't work with video streamers like HBO or Disney+. It also stops the sight from playing. 

Can you provide more details about if you are trying to stream the content to a different Screen (TV) or if this is on your PC?  Which Murals mode are you using?  Also, if you close iCUE or select a different Murals mode, does the video begin playing?  And are you using the app version or the website for the streaming services?

On 12/14/2022 at 10:07 AM, xTNR said:

Why i cant use the Murals on my K100 Air Wireless, it only works when its connected via USB.

Unfortunately Murals is not able to provide dynamic lighting effects to our wireless devices unless over a wired connection, and has been the case even prior to Murals.  This is a limitation based on the amount of data required for linking lighting between devices and wireless bandwidth. 

Here is something to help you all out if you want to go back to the old update or want to stay with the new update but have the old scenes back: If you would like to go back to the old update, here is the link:

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.29.203_release.msi Just DO NOT select the remove all profiles option. If you want somewhat of the scenes in this update, here's what you can do: 1. You need to check if you have a lighting link:

a. click on a device

b. go to lighting effects c. check "Lighting Layers." You should have it on there; if you don't:

Make a new profile, and do the steps above.

So now that you have a lighting link which syncs ALL devices, not just Corsair, here's what you can do to get some of the old scenes: 2. Under "Lighting Type," you'll find some old scenes like Visor, Type Lighting, Temperature, etc... 3. Select the one from your preference, and it should work! Hope this helped!

On 12/21/2022 at 4:03 PM, nyx- said:

Here is something to help you all out if you want to go back to the old update or want to stay with the new update but have the old scenes back: If you would like to go back to the old update, here is the link:

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.29.203_release.msi Just DO NOT select the remove all profiles option. If you want somewhat of the scenes in this update, here's what you can do: 1. You need to check if you have a lighting link:

a. click on a device

b. go to lighting effects c. check "Lighting Layers." You should have it on there; if you don't:

Make a new profile, and do the steps above.

So now that you have a lighting link which syncs ALL devices, not just Corsair, here's what you can do to get some of the old scenes: 2. Under "Lighting Type," you'll find some old scenes like Visor, Type Lighting, Temperature, etc... 3. Select the one from your preference, and it should work! Hope this helped!

Isnt it simpler just to set them up in profiles? They are all in the lighting link section

What happened to the original effects and the ones I customized myself? There is only one word which comes to mind to describe the new effects and that is "crummy." The colors are pale and dreary.  There is no manual for it and I have no time or desire to figure it out. Please restore the original effects. They were good enough!

• Like 1

Lighting Link Section of what?

8 hours ago, Hollow_Pointe said:

Lighting Link Section of what?

Found under a component's "Lighting Effects"...

• Create a new "Lighting Layer" (press the "+" icon),
  • Scroll down the items in the "Lighting Type" to "Lighting Link",
  • Expand, and
  • Choose your poison/lighting effect.

15 hours ago, BlaiseP said:

Found under a component's "Lighting Effects"...

• Create a new "Lighting Layer" (press the "+" icon),
  • Scroll down the items in the "Lighting Type" to "Lighting Link",
  • Expand, and
  • Choose your poison/lighting effect.

Thank you for your help but I reverted to the previous 4.29 version and I got my scenes and custom scenes back and I like it much better. There are better lighting effects and it is what I am used to and easier to use. I'll update when they bring back the previous scenes and user custom scenes to the software.

54 minutes ago, Hollow_Pointe said:

Thank you for your help but I reverted to the previous 4.29 version and I got my scenes and custom scenes back and I like it much better. There are better lighting effects and it is what I am used to and easier to use. I'll update when they bring back the previous scenes and user custom scenes to the software.

Scenes are just profiles. I cant see them bringing it back.

Many Corsair Peripherals (keyboards, Mice, Nexus) have a dedicated button for changing profiles. If you havent been using profiles before now youve been missing out. Everything in Scenes can be recreated in profiles. There are 100s online you can download that look fantastic and import in a second.

I have dozens of profiles and can just cycle through them with a button and easily change the look each day or how often i want.

Easier than opening icue to select a scene

Edited by t1971
  • Like 1

Very very nice. I don't have any Corsair peripherals so I have to use iCUE to change profiles. I guess you must have different GIF flies attached to each profile playing on your iCUE Elite LCD screen? I do have one of those.

On 11/11/2022 at 3:46 PM, c-attack said:

Murals can be toggled on/off but it doesn't disappear from the menu.  If you want to go back to 4.29, simply uninstall 4.30 and use the downloadable installer for 4.29.  Make sure you DO NOT select the remove all profiles option.  Your prior profile state was saved when you updated and it will pick up where you left off.  

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.29.203_release.msi

Tried this and it stated that I already have 4,0 installed and wouldn't go further. Not a fan of the Murals at all. Wish Corsair would have an option between Scenes and Murals. 

On 12/27/2022 at 4:57 AM, Hollow_Pointe said:

Very very nice. I don't have any Corsair peripherals so I have to use iCUE to change profiles. I guess you must have different GIF flies attached to each profile playing on your iCUE Elite LCD screen? I do have one of those.

Can also do it from system tray

5 hours ago, okaive said:

Tried this and it stated that I already have 4,0 installed and wouldn't go further. Not a fan of the Murals at all. Wish Corsair would have an option between Scenes and Murals. 

Scenes are just profiles. No functionality has been removed

On 12/16/2022 at 12:47 PM, Corsair Nick said:

Can you provide more details about if you are trying to stream the content to a different Screen (TV) or if this is on your PC?  Which Murals mode are you using?  Also, if you close iCUE or select a different Murals mode, does the video begin playing?  And are you using the app version or the website for the streaming services?

It seems like what happens now, on HBOmax dot com and disney+ dot com is that the video will still play back, but the screen monitor mural just registers that the screen is totally blank or black. Oher murals like the audio bars works and doesn't cause any issues. What it looks like is happening is that anti piracy measures are being tripped on the different sights and it blocks the icu app from picking up the video.

Hey iCUE,

I love murals unlike everyone else. My only suggestion is integrating them into profiles as well to be able to use the functionality per profile. I love using a different profile for each game, but one game I may want to use murals for most of my lighting devices and in another use it for just my keyboard. Currently you have to use the same lighting devices if you want to use murals, meaning you can't customize in the same way you may want. Other then that, great update and scenes were just profiles, they don't need to be added back. 🙂

• Like 1

I dont like the murals effect because of the lack of the scenes you can choose. Hopefully they still include the scenes in the previous version to the latest update. 

Already installed the old version of icue to still used the scenes effect.