Corsair Community

Introducing iCUE Murals (Beta)

Corsair CJ

Does it requires having a corsair audio device plugged in to enable audio lighting ?

The function itself seems good.
It seems that users can intuitively place equipment through Murals. If so, it would be good to be able to change the name for each individual equipment directly.
If there are many fans or strips, honestly, it may not be easy to know which one to move.

• Like 2

^^^ Agreed, the ability to collapse Murals shouldn't be too difficult and would appease many people who would rather use the real estate for sensors (without unnecessary scrolling).

• Like 2

I absolutely HATE the new Effects, they're ugly AF. How do I get the old effects back without downgrading?

• Like 7

Well, nice new features. Nonetheless I want back the old scenes please. Also as an additional download, if you like. The scenes were so beautiful. (rainbow, rainbow wave, rain, visier...) 😊
And my Asus graphic card is not working with Murals.

• Like 5

What was the difference between scenes and profiles? Never seen that. Murals gives you endless profiles. I think it will be great when I get used to it

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, t1971 said:

What was the difference between scenes and profiles? Never seen that. Murals gives you endless profiles. I think it will be great when I get used to it

Yeah, Murals is fine but the original scenes missing is an issue. These new ones are horrible.

• Like 5

Feedback

I've been playing around with Murals, specifically the Monitor Screen effect, all day.  I have a few things.

• The monitor screen function doesn't seem to properly support HDR.  Whenever I turn on HDR, the colors on my Corsair RGB devices (keyboard, mouse, light strips, etc.) are muted (reds turn to pink, orange to yellow, etc.).  If I just turn off HDR, without changing the image on the monitor, the colors are much more vibrant.  iCUE needs to scale the color properly with HDR turned on.  This, by far, my biggest issue right now.
  • The functionality of placing devices on the mural is a huge pain right now.  It's in beta, so I understand.  There needs to be a way to snap devices to 1/2, or 1/3, or 1/4 of the screen.  Having the device boxes snap to a grid would also be amazing to make it easy to resize the boxes and place them precisely where you want them.
  • There needs to either be a way to quickly turn on and off a mural, or have a way to turn on murals only when using an application or playing a game in fullscreen.  I want to use a normal profile most of the time, but turn on the Monitor Screen effect mural automatically when playing games.  Right now I have to manually switch it on in iCUE.

Those are the only glaring issue I see right now.  Murals is really an amazing feature.  Something I have been wanting in iCUE for a long time.  Great work!  Keep improving it along with iCUE in general.

• Like 2

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone,

The feedback is sincerely appreciated! The more, the merrier. As Murals is currently in Beta, we do have improvements on the way that will address some feedback. All of this is genuinely helpful as we paint Murals into a complete piece.

I do want to quickly point out that there are additional preset lighting effects under "Video Capture". When adding a new effect to Murals (via the "+"), you may select "Video Capture" and find additional presets.

image.thumb.png.1be957b7396a5176900ff15d916ffbaf.png

Lighting effects previously found with Scenes (Spiral Rainbow, Color Shift, Color Wave, etc.) may also be found under "Lighting Effects" for devices. To easily synchronize a lighting effect amongst all of your iCUE devices, you may select the lighting effects under "Lighting Link".

image.thumb.png.d083e4816a3497d2205f1d8b8d100788.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Corsair Employee
4 hours ago, Queenmallory said:

Murals is not compatible with ASUS motherboards, it's a regression from Scenes.

Scenes is unequivocally worse than Murals and can't do anything that Lighting Link doesn't. 

ASUS motherboard/GPU support will probably come soon. (Not on the iCUE team so I can't promise) But just set them to a static color if you're animating with Murals? Or just use Lighting Link or a profile to light those parts. 

• Like 3

My RGB Ports #2 #3 and #4 have stopped responding all together LLC 120 fans. I can't get control of them back no mater what I do!! Please advise.

IMG_7245.JPG

IMG_7246.JPG

Hey, hey!

I would like speed settings for Interstellar, Abstract, Liquid and Rainbow, just as it is available for Watercolor Spectrum.

The ability to modify the color of the Audio Lighting bars. Directional option would be nice as well - top, left, right along with the current default bottom.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 4:39 PM, trk_rex said:

There is no support for ICUE on my ASUS devices and the RGB does not work; it's not compatible with ICUE. Also, the old themes that I liked are now gone and replaced with ones I don't enjoy. 

Yup, now my set up is off and its bothering me lol. 
Can I revert back? I dont even see a way to disable murals. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PJH said:

I would like speed settings for Interstellar, Abstract, Liquid and Rainbow, just as it is available for Watercolor Spectrum.

Yes, I would definitely like some speed options here too.  Most of the video stuff is too hectic for my tolerances.

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2022 at 4:14 PM, Vandill said:

Can I revert back? I dont even see a way to disable murals.

Murals can be toggled on/off but it doesn't disappear from the menu.  If you want to go back to 4.29, simply uninstall 4.30 and use the downloadable installer for 4.29.  Make sure you DO NOT select the remove all profiles option.  Your prior profile state was saved when you updated and it will pick up where you left off.  

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.29.203_release.msi

Edited by c-attack
Corrected link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1