Corsair Community

Introducing iCUE Murals (Beta)

Corsair CJ

Way better ! 

A big step i the right direction.

Is there anyway to delete individual Murals that we do not like, as the trash can icon isn't coming up on them like it does with the scenes or even to edit what already there?

Why do companies insist on taking away feature people like to give them ones that they don't need. My lighting looked amazing and with this update looks terrible. That is called a DOWNGRADE. All the lights are dimmer and the profiles I enjoyed are all gone. You expect me to spend hours to create custom 'Murals'? Please don't do what Apple does and force updates and changes on people. Let me CHOOSE to keep the effects I have. Please restore the profiles immediately. I am so disappointed in Corsair - you used to be my go to for components. Not if you dislike your customers so much that you force this crap on them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlexJL22 said:

Why do companies insist on taking away feature people like to give them ones that they don't need. My lighting looked amazing and with this update looks terrible. That is called a DOWNGRADE. All the lights are dimmer and the profiles I enjoyed are all gone. You expect me to spend hours to create custom 'Murals'? Please don't do what Apple does and force updates and changes on people. Let me CHOOSE to keep the effects I have. Please restore the profiles immediately. I am so disappointed in Corsair - you used to be my go to for components. Not if you dislike your customers so much that you force this crap on them.

Profiles are there under profiles. Scenes have been taken away. they can be recreated in Profiles

On 11/17/2022 at 5:11 AM, Tokenology said:

Yeah but how do I get them to save and stay my main RGB. I change it to rain and it goes back to a mural color.

Set as Default profile

2 hours ago, kobrah said:

noticing icue nexus freezing with this version of icue.

All Nexus values or specific components?  Probably need to discuss this in the update notes thread or a new post and not the Murals feedback.  

On 11/9/2022 at 2:02 PM, HnyBear.bacon said:

Yeah, Murals is fine but the original scenes missing is an issue. These new ones are horrible.

Totally Agree. Looks like Easter threw up in my machine. Liked the old themes better. Is this the ,"new gender neutral," themes. I hate them.

18 hours ago, c-attack said:

All Nexus values or specific components?  Probably need to discuss this in the update notes thread or a new post and not the Murals feedback.  

All Nexus values. Yea probably should, but just providing general feedback 🙂
I'll head over to notes thread or post new.

thanks

7 hours ago, jockorange said:

Please can we have the choice to choose between murals and scenes also

Murals is Scenes.  They simply need to put the previous lighting presets back in place.  

Regarding the Monitor Capture, any chance you can integrate a monitor capture for just the background/wallpaper? It's kinda annoying having my LEDs constantly flash as i move windows between monitors and I think it's cool to have it only capture the colors of the current background/wallpaper that way you can have a whole theme setup!

I also don't mean the image capture function. Since my wallpapers dynamically and automatically change every hour, it would be cool to have my LEDs automatically change as well with whatever background or wallpaper is chosen at random by my computer and not have those colors be interfered by whatever window I have on screen at the moment. You could call it "Background Capture" or something.

On 11/23/2022 at 5:17 PM, Capt.riotson said:

Regarding the Monitor Capture, any chance you can integrate a monitor capture for just the background/wallpaper? It's kinda annoying having my LEDs constantly flash as i move windows between monitors and I think it's cool to have it only capture the colors of the current background/wallpaper that way you can have a whole theme setup!

Create a mural from an image of your desktop

ahh, just seen your next post

Edited by t1971

On 11/20/2022 at 11:13 AM, Bonzo9 said:

Is there anyway to delete individual Murals that we do not like, as the trash can icon isn't coming up on them like it does with the scenes or even to edit what already there?

No, we seem to have lost that in this first release. I expect it to come back for the standard presets like blue, yellow, rainbow. There’s no reason to force users to showcase features they are not using. 

On 11/23/2022 at 12:37 PM, Capt.riotson said:

I also don't mean the image capture function. Since my wallpapers dynamically and automatically change every hour, it would be cool to have my LEDs automatically change as well with whatever background or wallpaper is chosen at random by my computer and not have those colors be interfered by whatever window I have on screen at the moment. You could call it "Background Capture" or something.

I haven't installed it yet, but this would seem to suggest that we cannot combine murals and wallpaper engine (in terms of just background). That would've been really nice as then we could properly position our equipment so it matches the physical layout, while being able to use Wallpaper Engine.

Do you use profiles for keyboard/mouse buttons? If using dynamic wallpapers (and not set LEDs), how are you determining which profile you are on if using mouse/hotkey to change profiles.  Yes, I'm still harping about not having an OSD.

Reinstalled murals to give it a try after installing two LC100 sets.

Well now murals has another issue. When I go to the profiles I created to get each of the individual scenes back via lighting link rain and color pulse no longer function correctly.

Color pulse between color changes flashes a mural watercolor scene and rain is constantly stuck with a default mural pattern that the rain pattern flashes over. What rain used to do is your icue items where blacked out and flashs like rain drops randomly appeared on them. Now it has a constant watercolor pattern lit up on it instead of being dark and you barely see any rain pattern overlayed.

Uninstalling again.

On 11/16/2022 at 4:25 PM, Corsair Notepad said:

The effects the SCENES feature included are the very same lighting effects available when configuring the lighting on a per device level. There is even the Lighting Link effects which allow for the desired effects, or effects to be synced across all devices. These options have always been available when configuring per device lighting effects.

ASUS support needs to be readded.

9 hours ago, Sorata said:

Reinstalled murals to give it a try after installing two LC100 sets.

Well now murals has another issue. When I go to the profiles I created to get each of the individual scenes back via lighting link rain and color pulse no longer function correctly.

Color pulse between color changes flashes a mural watercolor scene and rain is constantly stuck with a default mural pattern that the rain pattern flashes over. What rain used to do is your icue items where blacked out and flashes like rain drops randomly appeared on them. Now it has a constant watercolor pattern lit up on it instead of being dark and you barely see any rain pattern overlayed.

Uninstalling again.

Ok after reverting to the older icue I figured out when switching to the Rain "scene selection it works as designed and I mentioned above but if you do it by lighting link it acts up like it did with the murals. So unless you add back the scenes menu the effects will not work right at least for me as lighting link will not display the effect properly. Setting a few of the older scenes up the way you suggest in lighting link works no where close to how it did like the old scenes menu for rain and color pulse etc.

If it helps this is my setup.

ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Extreme  EATX gaming motherboard 
Intel Core i9-13900K (Thermal Grizzly Intel 12th Gen CPU Contact Frame, RockItCool COPPER IHS KIT , liquid metal delid) 6.2ghz
32GB (2x16) G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 7600 (PC5-60800) ----will be switched to 7600 DDR Dominator this week

ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX® 4090 OC Edition 24GB 
EK-Quantum Vector² Strix/TUF RTX 4090 D-RGB ABP Set - Nickel + Plexi
LIAN LI PW-PCI-420 Premium PCI-E 16X 4.0 Black Extender Riser Cable Length 200mm
Five - 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2 Drives
2.5" Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD
2.5" Samsung 870 EVO 4TB SSD
EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi
EK-Quantum Momentum² ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D-RGB - Plexi Monoblock
Go Chiller Original graphene-based liquid coolant
2) Corsair Hydro X Series XR5 420mm Water Cooling Radiators
7) Corsair QL140 RGB 140mm RGB LED Fan
4) Corsair QL140 RGB 120mm RGB LED Fan
2) Corsair iCUE Commander Core XT Smart RGB Lighting and Fan Speed Controller (4 thermal probes installed, 1 intake, 1 exhaust, 1 resevoir, 1 above PSU)
1) iCUE Lighting Node PRO RGB Lighting Controller
Several Pirate Dog Tech Icue cables
Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W 80+ Gold Full Modular SLI/Crossfire Ready ATX 3.0 Standard Power Supply
Corsair 7000X Case
Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — CHERRY® MX Speed — Silver
Corsair DARK CORE RGB PRO Wireless Gaming Mouse
Corsair MM800 RGB POLARIS Gaming Mouse Pad
Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless XT Gaming Headset
Corsair ST100 RGB Premium Headset Stand
ROG SWIFT PG32UQX NVIDIA® G-SYNC® Ultimate Gaming Monitor – 32 inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160

12 minutes ago, Sorata said:

Ok after reverting to the older icue I figured out when switching to the Rain "scene selection it works as designed and I mentioned above but if you do it by lighting link it acts up like it did with the murals. So unless you add back the scenes menu the effects will not work right at least for me as lighting link will not display the effect properly. Setting a few of the older scenes up the way you suggest in lighting link works no where close to how it did like the old scenes menu for rain and color pulse etc.

If it helps this is my setup.

ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Extreme  EATX gaming motherboard 
Intel Core i9-13900K (Thermal Grizzly Intel 12th Gen CPU Contact Frame, RockItCool COPPER IHS KIT , liquid metal delid) 6.2ghz
32GB (2x16) G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 7600 (PC5-60800) ----will be switched to 7600 DDR Dominator this week

ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX® 4090 OC Edition 24GB 
EK-Quantum Vector² Strix/TUF RTX 4090 D-RGB ABP Set - Nickel + Plexi
LIAN LI PW-PCI-420 Premium PCI-E 16X 4.0 Black Extender Riser Cable Length 200mm
Five - 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2 Drives
2.5" Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD
2.5" Samsung 870 EVO 4TB SSD
EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi
EK-Quantum Momentum² ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D-RGB - Plexi Monoblock
Go Chiller Original graphene-based liquid coolant
2) Corsair Hydro X Series XR5 420mm Water Cooling Radiators
7) Corsair QL140 RGB 140mm RGB LED Fan
4) Corsair QL140 RGB 120mm RGB LED Fan
2) Corsair iCUE Commander Core XT Smart RGB Lighting and Fan Speed Controller (4 thermal probes installed, 1 intake, 1 exhaust, 1 resevoir, 1 above PSU)
1) iCUE Lighting Node PRO RGB Lighting Controller
Several Pirate Dog Tech Icue cables
Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W 80+ Gold Full Modular SLI/Crossfire Ready ATX 3.0 Standard Power Supply
Corsair 7000X Case
Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — CHERRY® MX Speed — Silver
Corsair DARK CORE RGB PRO Wireless Gaming Mouse
Corsair MM800 RGB POLARIS Gaming Mouse Pad
Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless XT Gaming Headset
Corsair ST100 RGB Premium Headset Stand
ROG SWIFT PG32UQX NVIDIA® G-SYNC® Ultimate Gaming Monitor – 32 inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160

Spending a lot for icue to not work right. Would be cheaper and uses less space  to dump the hubs, nodes and adaptors and switch out to better non icue fans and just turn it all over to aura sync since it all natively supports it already.

Edit to above is the build has two Lighting Node Pros not 1 and two LC100 sets. Icue Nexus on keyboard

The second PC I built my brother also has icue but I may remove all that before I give it to him for xmas since its so messed up right now and I want him to have a simple easy experience as he isnt as PC literate as me.

Edited by Sorata

I personally find the included murals to be lacking, also why remove the old template which, as many have reported, were appreciated? 

A feature should not exclude the other. 

+1 here on Asus Z690-F I have lost the link to the iCue ecosystem, a further feature left out to add these "murals". Seems a series of decision one wondered how the meeting actually went to agree on these badly implemented "features". 

Built my first system with all Cosair parts two months ago, just happened due of custom loop cooling kit, and it is was not bad to start with, two months and it has already become incredibly frustrating compared with your average Cooler Master RGB fans very similar to the QL for half the price.

Edited by CorSan

On 11/15/2022 at 4:51 PM, HotWasabiPeas said:

Well I updated my BIOS  to the latest version and I completely uninstalled iCUE then reinstalled the latest version. Still I cannot get the  Rainbow Mural to work as it basically looks white..there is no rainbow color effect. I gave up and just manually set the scene for each device to Rainbow Wave and it works fine and looks like it used to before this "Mural" beta update. I still can't figure out why Rainbow Mural doesn't work, but also none of the other new murals look good to me. They all look washed out.  The only ones that look correct are the Corsair Yellow and Blue murals. I give up.

Just seen this, same here, I have tried after reading your post and it is rubbish, even moving stuff on the murals tab it does not match, all new QL fans with new Corsair Hydro XD5 kit.