Corsair Community

Elite LCD Megathread

15 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

You shouldn't be receiving an error, even if you're on the latest FW version.  iCUE should allow you to still force update regardless.  If you haven't already, try performing a clean install, and make sure you are on the latest version.

Bro! I appreciate your Quote, but it was probably a joke?

I have this issue since 26.04.

As many of us I have tried EVERYTHING I found here in the forum of Corsair and during the Googling.

I don’t want ti believe, that Corsair Employee are still trying to tell to install the last version or to do full clean installation or full power cycle.

GUYS, be sure that we have already tried everything possible to make this 300$ device to even work at least.

i am loosing my patience and respect to your company, and I think a lot of gamers using your product have the same feeling.

And what I want to add. Having probably more then 50-60 pages of treads here about this issue, or even more, without any official statement or speach to community frustrating me ( us all ) a lot. Instead of that since 1 month we trying to solve it by ourselves by buying extra details or Hubs. Corsair is still selling this corrupted device with full power everywhere. And then we see new topic on the forum on the next day or week. For me, as I am university double graduated person is obviously clear that product was not tested before, it was made on LCD Hype to make money. Big easy money. Because when I pay 300$ for CPU or MoBo it works a lot of years. Because it was tested and developed properly.

i will wait 1 more week and then if it will be the same fun story I will say goodbye to Corsair. When I see the replies of Support here and amount of people having the issue, I have just no normal words to explain how tricked we are.

you should change your strategy, because now it’s just not a behaviour of big Gamers Corporation leading the trend. 

• Haha 1

After last FULL CLEAN NANO MEGA PRO ULTRA INTALLATION

Screenshot from Commander Core & Screenshot from Device settings, both FORCED Update.

If i press on 1.7.7 Firmware update button my ICUE crushes. Any advice? May be i should restart my computer? Or maybe my monitor was just to bright?

Corsair_Issue.jpg

Edited by V01N.666
JPG instead of PDF

5 hours ago, V01N.666 said:

Screenshot from Commander Core & Screenshot from Device settings, both FORCED Update.

If i press on 1.7.7 Firmware update button my ICUE crushes. Any advice? May be i should restart my computer? Or maybe my monitor was just to bright?

Corsair_Issue.jpg

What i can see from ur screenshot, in Commander Core Settings their should be and LCD Screen settings.

Maybe thats why its crashes when trying to update LCD to 1.1.7.7.

I just got my Commander Core replaced with new one and still have problem with red triangel and so on.

Iam 100% sure this is firmware/software related problem. So if you cant wait until Corsair get there problems sorted, returning is the way to go. Myself order a Internal USB adapter to connect to external usb port instead MB header. Should arrive tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Keawon said:

What i can see from ur screenshot, in Commander Core Settings their should be and LCD Screen settings.

Maybe thats why its crashes when trying to update LCD to 1.1.7.7.

I just got my Commander Core replaced with new one and still have problem with red triangel and so on.

Iam 100% sure this is firmware/software related problem. So if you cant wait until Corsair get there problems sorted, returning is the way to go. Myself order a Internal USB adapter to connect to external usb port instead MB header. Should arrive tomorrow.

Yes, thats the point. I dont have LCD in ICUE anymore. All of ways to force updates after installation circle are failed. Thats why i dont know what to do to become it back...

I already tried another Commander from my friend. I have tried additionel USB stuff, nothing works.

As i already said alot of times, nothing from advice list works for me....

14 minutes ago, V01N.666 said:

Yes, thats the point. I dont have LCD in ICUE anymore. All of ways to force updates after installation circle are failed. Thats why i dont know what to do to become it back...

I already tried another Commander from my friend. I have tried additionel USB stuff, nothing works.

As i already said alot of times, nothing from advice list works for me....

Same here, will try the external usb adapter and if that doesnt work i prob... will return this **** and buy other brand. Have u checked all connections so things isnt loose? Updated MB bios and so on? have it ever worked for u? mine worked for 2 weeks before the red triangel.

9 hours ago, V01N.666 said:

Corsair_Issue.jpg

After any update to firmware of any kind, you will need to reboot the machine.  I am sure by now you have rebooted and still don't see it in icue.

We all have to remember, this is a 'megathread', so the pages of content here are for more than one issue.

Let us keep some things in mind...  Most of the complaints in this thread are NOT the issue you describe.  So in the grand scheme of things, it is not really prevalent enough to raise its severity.  The biggest concern support will have is if the fans or pump are not cooling the CPU.  That can lead to damaged hardware.  Everything else is far less important.

Also, every motherboard and case will work with the commander core differently.  It is an added layer of complexity and point of failure that can mask the root problem of their incompatibility with the commander core.  This is why the routing of the USB to the external USB port is listed.  It rules out any on board shortcuts that aren't maintained, since onboard usb has less strict of a standard (for power delivery, communication lanes, etc), in practice (not on spec paper), as external USB.

I had my RMA arrive, installed, and the lcd is not red triangling.  So it looks like the one I bought was faulty.  The faulty one had an unusual LGA1700 backplate.  It was big and square.  The new one has that universal X shaped one.  Dunno if that means anything.

I had looked around to know what to expect to edit the screen, since none of the documentation provides any insight, and found 

Where Screen Setup and Hardware Screen SHOULD appear in the lcd's details.  However mine is not there.  I do have armoury crate and have disabled it  from startup.  Going to check if that fixes.  It did not.

Edited by seikojin

4 hours ago, seikojin said:

I had my RMA arrive, installed, and the lcd is not red triangling.  So it looks like the one I bought was faulty.  The faulty one had an unusual LGA1700 backplate.  It was big and square.  The new one has that universal X shaped one.  Dunno if that means anything.

I had looked around to know what to expect to edit the screen, since none of the documentation provides any insight, and found 

Where Screen Setup and Hardware Screen SHOULD appear in the lcd's details.  However mine is not there.  I do have armoury crate and have disabled it  from startup.  Going to check if that fixes.  It did not.

just wnat to check that you have both the latest version of icue and the latest version of the commander and screen firmware, if it was an upgrade kit sometimes you need to upgrade the AIO before you install the LCD then upgrade the LCD once its installed, other times you can just do it after installing the LCD.

I have tried everything to fix it. After a firmware update it won't show my lcd as a device anymore, it turned it to commander core.  My screen still has red triangle in it. Pump is running, but you have no control over it.  So I am at a loss.  I believe the commander core firmware has broken it. When I shut down my computer, for a few seconds the lcd will come back on before shutting down fully.

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.pngI don't know what should I do. Or should I submit my h150i Elite Capellix for an insurance claim?

4 hours ago, Rizlah said:

just wnat to check that you have both the latest version of icue and the latest version of the commander and screen firmware, if it was an upgrade kit sometimes you need to upgrade the AIO before you install the LCD then upgrade the LCD once its installed, other times you can just do it after installing the LCD.

I have icue 4.23.137 and H150i Elite LCD liquid cooler 2.10.219

Not an upgrade kit.

icue_snapshot.png

4 hours ago, Joe23 said:

I have tried everything to fix it. After a firmware update it won't show my lcd as a device anymore, it turned it to commander core.  My screen still has red triangle in it. Pump is running, but you have no control over it.  So I am at a loss.  I believe the commander core firmware has broken it. When I shut down my computer, for a few seconds the lcd will come back on before shutting down fully.spacer.pngI don't know what should I do. Or should I submit my h150i Elite Capellix for an insurance claim?

Trimmed some pictures out.  The troubleshooting steps I was given before submitting an RMA:

Check the 24 pin connection on the commander core.  Check connections from LCD/pump to core (the LCD is a snap on part).

While the PC is disconnected from power (unplugged physically), hold the power button down for 30 seconds to discharge any lingering power in capacitors.

Uninstall and reinstall iCue

Force update any devices firmwares within iCue by going to iCue's settings > Updates > (triple vertical dot menu for each device), force update.

I think the best order, to get them all done in one go...  Uninstall iCue, power down the PC, disconnect power, check the cables/connections of everything, hold the power button for 30 seconds while unplugged, power it all up, install iCue, force firmware on the LCD/pump if it shows.  Then do an RMA if no pump is shown.

My pump shows after an RMA, just missing LCD controls

• Corsair Employee
6 hours ago, Joe23 said:

I have tried everything to fix it. After a firmware update it won't show my lcd as a device anymore, it turned it to commander core.  My screen still has red triangle in it. Pump is running, but you have no control over it.  So I am at a loss.  I believe the commander core firmware has broken it. When I shut down my computer, for a few seconds the lcd will come back on before shutting down fully.

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.pngI don't know what should I do. Or should I submit my h150i Elite Capellix for an insurance claim?

Double check the connection between the pump top and the LCD top, and also the connection between the pump top and the Commander Core to make sure the cables are not loose in any way. Also try a different USB header on your motherboard.

2 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

Double check the connection between the pump top and the LCD top, and also the connection between the pump top and the Commander Core to make sure the cables are not loose in any way. Also try a different USB header on your motherboard.

Seriously?????!!!!! You guys DO NOT read the bloody forum? WE HAVE TRIED ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING EVERY SINGLE SCENARIO POSSIBLE THE THING IS STILL BROKEN!!!!!!!! Im really getting upset with more replies I read from Corsair people, the fault is at your guys end and thats as clear as the sky on summer night!!! Seriously, on top of it all I have my ticked opened with you, and one of yall offered me RMA for just the commander core?! where I showed them screenshot of my Icue and the H150i LCD Is showing up but theres not god damn screen control setting !!! and as soon as I click the update firmware of the pump ICue is crashing!! you really need to get together and fix your software and firmware properly so we all get the problems solved, the pump and screen and everything has been detected by windows itself but not by Icue which clearly states the fault of your software and firmware, and if you can please reply to my ticket and sort this problem out once for all that would be great !! im really at the point where I just want fully refund from you guys so I can go and buy NZXT AIO with the LCD Screen that actually works and nobody has problem with it what so ever!! I invested over $1000 on Corsair stuff when I was upgrading my PC about 2 weeks ago just to find super low level on care and on top of it all faulty product like seriously guys?!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Corsair Employee

Hi everyone, we understand that some of you experiencing behavior with the Elite LCD that is not expected, and appreciate your patience while we work to resolve them.  There has been some headway in improving the experience for some of you over the last month, and still have additional improvements in the works for the rest of you.  The troubleshooting steps provided to new members joining the discussion are to ensure they are experiencing the same behavior as others, and there are no additional factors at play.

To reiterate what other staff members have mentioned, we are looking into an update that should resolve behavior linked to serial numbers in the hardware.  There is no firm date right now, but it will be cascaded to you once available after in-house testing.  We are also exploring and testing other factors based on community feedback and the behavior exhibited.

In the mean time, please continue to cooperate with the various staff members participating in the community and this thread.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Joe23 said:

spacer.png
spacer.png

9 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Hi everyone, we understand that some of you experiencing behavior with the Elite LCD that is not expected, and appreciate your patience while we work to resolve them.  There has been some headway in improving the experience for some of you over the last month, and still have additional improvements in the works for the rest of you.  The troubleshooting steps provided to new members joining the discussion are to ensure they are experiencing the same behavior as others, and there are no additional factors at play.

To reiterate what other staff members have mentioned, we are looking into an update that should resolve behavior linked to serial numbers in the hardware.  There is no firm date right now, but it will be cascaded to you once available after in-house testing.  We are also exploring and testing other factors based on community feedback and the behavior exhibited.

In the mean time, please continue to cooperate with the various staff members participating in the community and this thread.

My PC system

Windows 10
MB: Asus rog strix z690-a gaming wifi d4
CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF
RAM: Corsair Dominator BUS 3600 32GB (8x4)
VGA: Zotac 1080TI
CASE: Corsair 5000T
AIO: Corsair H150i White
LCD Upgrade Kits White
PSU: Asus rog 850W

spacer.png

I have tried to everything to fix it

• Checking all cables are connected  
  • Getting rid of the Y splitter and plugging the LCD and Commander Core each in their own headers into the motherboard 
  • Buy NZXT USB HUB and connect it but it fails 
  • Fully PC power down. Shut down -> Removed Power Cable -> Pressed On Button Several Times -> Re Connected -> Rebooted.
  • Reseating the LCD onto the pump and making sure it is secured properly.
  • Uninstall iCUE, remove all files from program files, %APPDATA% and in regedit etc. Re installed iCUE with a fresh download of the latest version
  • Update Bios Chipset Windows to last version
  • Force update everything in icue to last version
  • Install new windows

ฺBut it still fails. In my opinion, I think LCD Upgrade Kits are fine. But what's the problem Commander Core and icue software.

Hope you Corsair to fix it the next Firmware Update

• Like 1

• Corsair Employee
14 hours ago, Joe23 said:

My PC system

Windows 10
MB: Asus rog strix z690-a gaming wifi d4
CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF
RAM: Corsair Dominator BUS 3600 32GB (8x4)
VGA: Zotac 1080TI
CASE: Corsair 5000T
AIO: Corsair H150i White
LCD Upgrade Kits White
PSU: Asus rog 850W

spacer.png

I have tried to everything to fix it

• Checking all cables are connected  
  • Getting rid of the Y splitter and plugging the LCD and Commander Core each in their own headers into the motherboard 
  • Buy NZXT USB HUB and connect it but it fails 
  • Fully PC power down. Shut down -> Removed Power Cable -> Pressed On Button Several Times -> Re Connected -> Rebooted.
  • Reseating the LCD onto the pump and making sure it is secured properly.
  • Uninstall iCUE, remove all files from program files, %APPDATA% and in regedit etc. Re installed iCUE with a fresh download of the latest version
  • Update Bios Chipset Windows to last version
  • Force update everything in icue to last version
  • Install new windows

ฺBut it still fails. In my opinion, I think LCD Upgrade Kits are fine. But what's the problem Commander Core and icue software.

Hope you Corsair to fix it the next Firmware Update

Since you indicated that this is the LCD upgrade kit, did you make sure that the firmware for Elite Capellix Cooler was fully updated prior to the installation of the LCD kit as per the installation instructions?

Hello, 

I have the same problem that @Joe23. I have already test all possibiliy describe in this forum.

But my product are the H170i Elite LCD (not the upgrade), I don't see the "screen setting LCD" in iCUE.

Windows detect correctly the Commander Core and the LCD.

The LCD show a RED Triangle such as many people in this forum.

My iCUE are in release 4.23.137, and the Commander Core are in 2.10.219.

My configuration :

Windows 10
MB: Asus rog strix z490-a gaming wifi 
CPU: 10th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance BUS 3200 64GB (16x4)
VGA: Asus 3080TI strix OC
CASE: Corsair 7000D
AIO: Corsair H170 ELITE LCD 
LCD Upgrade -> No
PSU: Corsair AX860

When my PC start with a cold boot (Removed Power Cable -> Re Connected), i can see directly the RED Triangle on the motherboard. After a reboot i see the Corsair logo on the LCD and after a few second the RED Triangle come back. I can't update the LCD with the new firmware (1.1.7.7), since iCUE does not see the LCD.

Just wanna comment that I don't have any problems with my H150i Elite LCD.
So if I can help...

Firmware:  2.10.219

Firmware LCD: 1.1.7.7

iCue: 4.23.137

My setup:

Windows 11 Pro Beta Insider
MB: AsRock B550 Taichi Razer Edition
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 32GB 3600 CL16 (2x16)
GPU: NVIDIA 3090 FE
CASE: LIANLI O11 Dynamic Razer Edition
AIO: Corsair H150i ELITE LCD 
PSU: Corsair HX1000i
FANS: 9x Corsair QL120 (using a Commander Pro and a Lighting Node Core)

Edited by Eluryh
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Eluryh said:

Just wanna comment that I don't have any problems with my H150i Elite LCD.
So if I can help...

Firmware:  2.10.219

Firmware LCD: 1.1.7.7

iCue: 4.23.137

My setup:

Windows 11 Pro Beta Insider
MB: AsRock B550 Taichi Razer Edition
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 32GB 3600 CL16 (2x16)
GPU: NVIDIA 3090 FE
CASE: LIANLI O11 Dynamic Razer Edition
AIO: Corsair H150i ELITE LCD 
PSU: Corsair HX1000i
FANS: 9x Corsair QL120 (using a Commander Pro and a Lighting Node Core)

Wow! I think this is the first post I have seen in any of the Elite LCD threads from someone reporting that theirs actually works properly. Congrats. Hopefully, it will continue to do so.

I have not done any update either from icue, commander core or h150i lcd pump. Since everything is working I don't want to end up with an unusable AIO.1969387813_Capturedcran2022-05-14225632.thumb.png.b5e20ae12432ace84d60374dfcfb0e25.png858619500_Capturedcran2022-05-14225647.png.471564301e3216ee10f251e8d12e82d3.png

Edited by djase

On 5/10/2022 at 11:03 AM, Corsair Nick said:

If your commander core isn't showing up, make sure you've gone through the main troubleshooting steps:

• Check all your connections (USB, SATA, etc.)
  • Try a different USB 2.0 header on the motherboard
  • Connect directly to the motherboard and remove any splitters or hubs
  • Clean install of iCUE
  • Try connecting to a standard USB port on the back of the motherboard
  • Make sure all chipset and USB drivers are installed from the motherboard manufacturer's site (not the default windows)
  • Ensure your BIOS is fully updated

If these have all been performed, it's possible there is a hardware issue, and you would need to reach out to our support team to RMA the unit:

https://support.corsair.com/

So basically as mentioned before in the thread. Did all these steps. didnt work.

Thank you to someone in the thread that mentioned that if you buy a NZXT Internal USB Hub it should work.  Mine worked right after. 

I have the same problem as Joe23

I installed this AIO on a new build with a fresh install of windows 11 and had to update farmwear and I cue software crashes every time and LCD displays triangle, it has never worked for me. newest version of IQ and then farmwear. From what I have seen in this forum and others is that Corsair is not really doing anything. I have done all there checks before even going on this forum. I have seen that the screens and I cue software worked before all of these updates that have been done so it stands to reason that corsair in all there wisdom has fixed the software for this until it wont work at all. I have used corsair products for many years and do not know if I can stay with them or recommend them to friends.