Corsair Community

Elite LCD Megathread

Hi, I recently acquire an used iCUE H150i ELITE LCD, everything good with the pump and al the most important things, but i have a problem with te LCD display, it just doesn´t work, ive tried all the things thas i had seen to solve it but nothing helps me, turning off the power, checking the conecction to the commander, checking the lcd display connection and more things but anything work, even with the ICUE app i tried to update the firmware but it lands me another error and i cant do a thing, help please :c 

Captura de pantalla 2023-12-13 131746.png

Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-12-15 a las 01.10.12_e99f89d4.jpg

I've also had the issue in the past few weeks, on a 3 month old custom built PC, with the iCUE H150i ELITE LCD XT Liquid CPU Cooler (360mm).

Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 AERO G

GPU: Asus NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080

I didn't build the PC, it was built for me so I am not really comfortable playing around with the hardware configuration, also the case is Hyte Y60 so really difficult to access things without pulling out components.

What I have tried:
Cold shutdown for 15 mins. This drained the RGB power and worked for a few days but then issue returned
Uninstalling and reinstalling iCue worked for a day, then issue returned (proper, clean install as per instructions)
Forcing firmware update on both the LCD screen and AIO unit - worked once or twice, then issue returned
Now, nothing works, including draining the power completely.

I have raised a ticket, and their advice was to do a clean install even though I already told them I just did that 5 days ago. Fixed for a few days then back to stuck on Liquid Temp. Yesterday I also had the red triangle, but it's back to Liquid Temp today.

Waiting for their next suggestion ...

But I moved away from Asus with this build (I know, except for the GPU) because I was fed up with Armoury Crate and all sorts of issues with the RGB if Armoury broke - and to have this problem after being assured from my local PC store as well as guy who built my PC to go with Corsair as they are 'super reliable' is really disappointing.

Honestly AIO in general has been nothing but a PITA. In my previous build, the Asus ROG Ryujin died (luckily was replaced under warranty with the newer model).

On 12/13/2023 at 3:50 PM, manan said:

iCUE stopped detecting my AIO. Took me several months but a pair of these 9-pin to USB 2.0 adapters directly connected to the AIO 9-pin out and into a USB 2.0 port has finally solved the problem. I was stuck on the hardware screen and fans on default RGB. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Q2TLWGV

I've done so many builds since my first 8080 in the late 70s that I have lost count, many hundred.  The H170i has made this latest build a totally miserable experience.  Yesterday I stress tested for 8 hours 100% on my new i9-14900K with no problems (after weeks of getting the H170i to work) and then today I turn it on and it signals a pump failure.  So I tear it all apart and check everything.  Everything fine, turn it on and it runs fine for a while then a random and sudden exclamation error.  Shutdown and start over, still not working.  So $2500 in parts just sitting here because I made the mistake of buying an H170i Elite LCD XT.  I suppose that I'll try your adapter because I cannot find anything else, so thank you.  If that fails, I'll just return the thing and find something that works.  And why does the connector to the Commander Core not snap in, worst fit slipping out issue on a computer connector I've come across?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its March 2024, I'm having the exact same issue with my iCUE LINK H150i LCD Liquid CPU Cooler.

I have tried everything including complete power down and up, nothing works, Corsair please advise.

BIOS and every driver is up to date, ICUE is up to date, all connections checked, everything was working fine until yesterday.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-11 at 12.21.44_19289cc1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It is now 04/07/2024 and this problem still exists. I upgraded my graphics card and power supply and now my H150I Elite Capellix LCD will only show the Liquid Temp. I am running ICUE 5 software and have done the install fresh. Did a fresh install of windows 11 and everything. Im at a lose at the moment.

It's a low quality commander core/cable issue and highly likely not firmware at all in most cases. 

Lightly touching or even just moving the main large core cable whilst the red triangle shows (not recommended) seems to cause the display to change back and forth from the red triangle to the temp reading, show irregular random temp readings, or even stop cooling altogether, and for the cpu temps to soar. This seems to be heavily related to the main problem of the red triangle most have. A power issue related to the core or related cables.

Some people recommend to turn your system off and force the main cable that goes into the core hard until it clicks, try the cable at a different alignment so it doesn't fall out, or as a last resort even tie all commander core cables neatly together so there is little possibility for movement and a red triangle. 

In the end though, I would not trust these coolers. 

On some systems the h100i and 150i can have problems showing any alternative graphics on the display other than the default temperature readings, which seems to be a motherboard compatibility issue.

So all in all, the h100i and related range of coolers are a notable disappointment which should really have been taken back with replacements offered of entirely different models, rather than simply churning out identical models as replacements which at some point will likely show the same red triangle or display/cooling problems.

It's a shame really as most corsair products are generally of good quality, but I would have zero faith in their low to mid range aio coolers.

Edited by 48K

• 4 weeks later...