Corsair Community

Elite LCD Megathread

I've had this problem for a couple of weeks now, I had actually done a bit of work inside my PC and double checked all the cables were connected and the screen was seated properly. 

After finding this thread I started the the power cycle trick which worked at first but it got to the point that wasn't working either. The other day I fired up the PC and noticed there was a firmware update for the commander core, as others have mentioned the iCUE Elite screen was not showing in iCUE for me, so I went ahead and done the update. Rebooted the machine and still the RTOD after the screen first initialises and no sign of the screen within iCUE.

I decided to again check the cables, took out the cable from the pump that goes in to the top of the commander core unit and pushed it back in, fired up the PC, suddenly it seems to be working again. I don't quite know what has happened as I checked these cables a few times, it's maybe just pure coincidence that it's not done it again but over the past 2 days I've fired up the PC and the screen has worked everytime.

Edited by BigBrisy

9 hours ago, SKoTN___ said:

After the new firmware update the red triangle issue persists... No screen setup tab in icue either...

So the firmware update of the lcd didn't do anything for me.

I do not want to RMA the device because i'm sure its firmware related.

core-i7-12700k-on-z690asusboard-with-32gbDDR5-3060rtx-...

After this, i tried to install the beta firmware by trying to update with the 'browse the firmware' button...

I've tried to select the downloaded beta firmware file from this forum but it says in icue : invalid firmware.

So i rebooted the pc and selected the 'force update' button so the last (not beta) firmware was installed again...

So i cannot test the beta firmware version? Or is there another way to do it?

2 hours ago, Panell said:

I had a problem with my h100i elite lcd product, not being able to appear and control the icue. After receiving the nzxt product, it became stable. At least the program now sees the product. I think there is a chronic problem in AMD x570 motherboards or the usb hubs do not feed the device enough.

16 hours ago, Rizlah said:

have you tried (after shutting down the computer) removing the long connecter from the top of the commander then making sure it is pushed the whole way in, push pretty hard on each corner?

Have you tried a different USB port on your motherboard?

If you have ever removed the screen from the pump or the long connecter from the commander while it has been powered on then you may have fried something, the LCD screen is very sensitive to voltage spikes, which happen when you remove and plug in back in while the PC is powered on.

I know this because it happened to me, they are looking to make changes to the PCB to address this weakness, if you have done this then you may need to RMA the device.

Hi, I just full power-cycled my computer, took out the connector from the commandeer core and put it back in and made sure all the other connections were secure. Never did any work on my computer while it was on. Seems to be working for now and I can see the screen setup tab and hardware screen tab along with an option for the LCD Screen Firmware now. Not sure if I am supposed to update to the beta 1.1.7.7 firmware for that, but I'll stay with this one for now since it seems stable. Hopefully the issue has been fully resolved.

spacer.pngspacer.png

I just finished my build and I'm very sad that this thing does not show up in iCue. I see everyone with theirs in the dashboard but mine doesn't even register. At least it shows the liquid temp by default. I've disabled all software recommended, uninstalled, reinstalled, changed plugs.

I'm not running any fans from the hub, I just wanted the LCD screen to work. I may end up taking it back now that I see how many problems this thing has, and at $290 it's a big risk to "have faith" - from what I've seen of people using it, it looks awesome. 

On 4/22/2022 at 11:29 PM, shocksim said:

Check your connections from the pump to the Commander CORE. If it's showing COMMANDER CORE instead of a cooler, then it means the signal is being disrupted from the pump body to the controller. It will only ever show ONLY the controller, if it doesn't detect a pump because there's no data being sent. 

The way this cooler functions is the Commander CORE checks for a pump, then the RGB/LCD module, and once it gets checks from all three, it resolves into the full product ID and tells iCUE , I am an XYZ Series AIO. 

Under no circumstances will something "fail" via software/firmware and then display the only Commander CORE. Either the pump is completely dead (which doesn't seem to be if the PC is staying on), the Commander CORE is broken somehow, or the connectors are not fully seated. 

Hello !

I understand better the process, but it is rather strange that no more information is returned to the PC, knowing that everything worked well "before", the pump was well recognized IN THE CORE commander under iCUE with all the LL120 fans, and since an iCUE firmware update and a reboot, I can't find it anymore, and the zero temperature is still displayed, I have of course tried all possible connections, and other "hardware" tests.

Following your resolution track, the pump is in good working condition (CPU did not exceed 50°C celsius during games, and no more than 62°C during a benchmark), so it will come from the Commander CORE, if I ask for a return to my supplier (If he accepts..) the best is to do what? Just change the Commander CORE or change the whole Commander CORE + Pump device ?

Best regards,
Baptiste "DoctorBrown"

On 4/23/2022 at 10:23 PM, shocksim said:

You're putting the firmware in the wrong place then. v1.1.7.7 goes in LCD FIRMWARE not FIRMWARE - if you don't see this option, you likely don't see the Screen Setup tab. Means the Commander CORE is not seeing/resolving the serial number of the LCD. 

I solved my issue by switching the Commander Core itself out for another one.

Everything works now.

• Corsair Employee

Saw a few of you were not sure how to update the firmware with the Beta version.  The article below shows the steps on how to manually update firmware through iCUE.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025278572-Update-device-firmware-with-iCUE#h_01FPKDPCG76KNFHCRETRWE4BR7

2 hours ago, LCDELITEISSUE said:

Will there be more updates? I just bought my elite LCD h100i and it's going to be such a pain to take it off and return it but it's within warranty for a while longer. Will do so if needed but hoping for update instead. Any news nick?

We're still releasing updates for the various issues that have been brought up.  Make sure that you have performed updates on the three main areas: iCUE, Elite LCD (using the steps above), and the Commander Core.  As of right now if you check the versions, they should be as follows:

iCUE 4.22.203

Elite LCD 1.1.7.7

Commander Core 2.10.219

• Haha 1

• Corsair Employee
18 hours ago, baboonbones said:

Hi, I just full power-cycled my computer, took out the connector from the commandeer core and put it back in and made sure all the other connections were secure. Never did any work on my computer while it was on. Seems to be working for now and I can see the screen setup tab and hardware screen tab along with an option for the LCD Screen Firmware now. Not sure if I am supposed to update to the beta 1.1.7.7 firmware for that, but I'll stay with this one for now since it seems stable. Hopefully the issue has been fully resolved.

Personally, I would update to the 1.1.7.7 version. 1.1.6.7 can be stable for long periods of time but will eventually exhibit connectivity issues if you put your PC to sleep/hibernate. Then you'll have to power cycle to get it working again. 

• Haha 1

• Corsair Employee
On 4/24/2022 at 9:57 AM, SKoTN___ said:

After this, i tried to install the beta firmware by trying to update with the 'browse the firmware' button...

I've tried to select the downloaded beta firmware file from this forum but it says in icue : invalid firmware.

So i rebooted the pc and selected the 'force update' button so the last (not beta) firmware was installed again...

So i cannot test the beta firmware version? Or is there another way to do it?

Invalid firmware means you're putting the firmware file in the wrong place. There is TWO firmware options under Device Settings. LCD FIrmware, which the Beta fw is for, and Firmware, which is the Commander CORE/cooler firmware. 

You should not be looking under Settings -> Updates, but go to the cooler and select Device Settings. 

The directions explaining how to flash the firmware shows photos and you can follow that exactly to update it.

• Corsair Employee
On 4/24/2022 at 9:10 AM, BigBrisy said:

I decided to again check the cables, took out the cable from the pump that goes in to the top of the commander core unit and pushed it back in, fired up the PC, suddenly it seems to be working again. I don't quite know what has happened as I checked these cables a few times, it's maybe just pure coincidence that it's not done it again but over the past 2 days I've fired up the PC and the screen has worked everytime.

I've seen a fair amount of people with issues resolve it this way because for some reason, the connection got loose or with all the thermal cycling it didn't connect perfectly. 

In whatever future iterations of LCDs on coolers, we'll definitely be putting more time into the connector side development to make sure this type of stuff doesn't happen... 

My iCUE STILL doesn't detect the LCD screen...

I've tried swapping to different USB hubs on the MOBO and splitter. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting the plug in the top of the commander, tried power cycling, deleting iCUE and re-installing.

nothing works. This is beyond frustrating, last Corsair product I ever buy.

• Haha 1

• Corsair Employee
52 minutes ago, Kizwiz95 said:

My iCUE STILL doesn't detect the LCD screen...

I've tried swapping to different USB hubs on the MOBO and splitter. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting the plug in the top of the commander, tried power cycling, deleting iCUE and re-installing.

nothing works. This is beyond frustrating, last Corsair product I ever buy.

Have you actually tried utilizing an internal USB hub that gets supplemental power from the PSU instead plugging directly into the USB 2.0 headers with the splitter directly into your motherboard?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Corsair Notepad said:

Have you actually tried utilizing an internal USB hub that gets supplemental power from the PSU instead plugging directly into the USB 2.0 headers with the splitter directly into your motherboard?

Yes I've got the NZXT splitter that has power supplied directly from the PSU.

I've also tried...

• Uninstall iCUE, remove all files from program files, %APPDATA% and in regedit etc. Re installed iCUE with a fresh download of the latest version from the Corsair website.
  • Checked all connectors are fully in contact with their respective ports. (The LCD head itself, the USBs and the 24-pin in the Commander Core)
  • Swapped the USB headers from splitter to directly onto the board etc.
  • Switch the USB connection to another header and a splitter.
  • Removed Commander Core and LCD Pump Head from Bluetooth & Other Devices, opened iCUE and Scanned for new hardware in Device Manager.
  • Fully PC power down. Shut down -> Removed Power Cable -> Pressed On Button Several Times -> Re Connected -> Rebooted.
  • Tried the USB splitter supplied with the product.

• Corsair Employee
27 minutes ago, Kizwiz95 said:

Yes I've got the NZXT splitter that has power supplied directly from the PSU.

I've also tried...

• Uninstall iCUE, remove all files from program files, %APPDATA% and in regedit etc. Re installed iCUE with a fresh download of the latest version from the Corsair website.
  • Checked all connectors are fully in contact with their respective ports. (The LCD head itself, the USBs and the 24-pin in the Commander Core)
  • Swapped the USB headers from splitter to directly onto the board etc.
  • Switch the USB connection to another header and a splitter.
  • Removed Commander Core and LCD Pump Head from Bluetooth & Other Devices, opened iCUE and Scanned for new hardware in Device Manager.
  • Fully PC power down. Shut down -> Removed Power Cable -> Pressed On Button Several Times -> Re Connected -> Rebooted.
  • Tried the USB splitter supplied with the product.

Made sure to download the latest chipset driver directly from AMD's website and also make sure you are on the latest BIOS?

13 minutes ago, Corsair Notepad said:

Made sure to download the latest chipset driver directly from AMD's website and also make sure you are on the latest BIOS?

I am.

8 minutes ago, juicyjuice22 said:

hi just posting my friendly reminder that you should get a refund and avoid the Corsair Elite LCD

It is an unfinished product and not worth the money

Mine has been working fine since December.

8 hours ago, shocksim said:

Personally, I would update to the 1.1.7.7 version. 1.1.6.7 can be stable for long periods of time but will eventually exhibit connectivity issues if you put your PC to sleep/hibernate. Then you'll have to power cycle to get it working again. 

Will do. Thanks for your help with this issue!

7 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

I will be trying this. just bought an internal usb hub.

I have red exclamation on the screen. Only see commander core in iCUE. Commander core firmware is updated.

No option to select LCD screen on iCUE so no way to update firmware there. Have disconnected, reconnected so many times I'm frustrated just thinking about it.

I am on a new build with a new LCD ELITE. Gigabyte Aorus z690 pro motherboard. Using the USB splitter for now.