Corsair Community

Elite LCD Megathread

On 5/17/2022 at 8:44 PM, shocksim said:

FYI to everyone here - The logic for the software is you either see the Commander Core OR the Cooler, never both. If the cooler is detected and everything is working, it "turns" the CommCORE into the cooler. 

If there is any errors in the Commander CORE detecting the cap device ID, serial number, or pump device ID, it will default to standalone mode and only show the Commander CORE. 

If you are only seeing Commander CORE, I would strongly suggest checking your cabling and the connection between the LCD/pump as that is the #1 reason for this. A loose 20-pin cable will cause issues with the Commander CORE being able to get this serial/module ID data. 

Also as a note, there is two firmwares here - one for the LCD Cap and one for the Commander CORE (aka "The Cooler"). You cannot put the "LCD Firmware" (v1.1.7.7) in the "Firmware" slot because that is for the CommCORE. If it's reading invalid firmware and you've confirmed FW compatibility for your device you're likely putting the wrong firmware in the wrong place. 

If you don't see LCD Firmware, it's likely something to do with the ID or serial detection I noted above. 

We're in process of removing the Serial Detection in iCUE 4.25 since the only reason that's there is to enable multiple coolers (serial is a unique identifier) in a single PC, but that's pretty rare nowadays. Hopefully this will help with some of the 'Screen Setup' not appearing issues. 

Lastly, some of you will see v2.0.0.1, this is an alternative source processor for the LCD cap and these caps are not compatible with v1.1.7.7 and will note Invalid Firmware. If you see v2.x.x.x, you do not need to update any firmware for the LCD as this alternative source already has the fixes we introduced for the original chipset. Any future updates for this part with be v2.x.x.x or newer.

No this alternative isn't 'better', it is the same spec/design/etc and will function identically but as I'm sure you guys have seen there is a chip shortage and we need to have multiple qualified processor solutions for this to maintain supply continuity. 

Hi shocksim,

I see only  H150I Elite LCD in icue (not the commander core) and i have no screen setup option and i do have the red triangle issue since installation (january 2022). I cannot update the lcd firmware... But Windows 11 show the lcd cap in the devices... Does this also include the serial number problem u think?

Thank you...

• Corsair Employee
On 5/24/2022 at 9:36 PM, Salsiccia said:

Update on my comment above - I have swapped my motherboard from EVGA X570 to ASUS X570, reinstalled Windows and I can now magically see the Screen setup menu option for the cooler. After the new install iCue wanted to update the cooler firmware to a "newer" version, which was exactly the same version it reported yesterday on the EVGA motherboard when it said there were no available updates I let that "upgrade" happen and now I can see the missing menu option.

Possibly this can be put down to an EVGA BIOS not communicating properly with iCue, but that is purely a guess !

Just throwing it out there so maybe Nick et al can dig a bit further if required.

Interestingly today I see 2 firmware settings for the cooler:

1 for the cooler and another for the screen. I am 97% certain that yesterday (on the EVGA board) I only had one option (for the cooler). It appears as though the screen is a separate device which EVGA did not know about, but ASUS does.

Great observation and feedback on your experience @Salsiccia with swapping motherboards.  Some motherboard models have varying bandwidth performance differences between the two available USB headers.  This is why we recommend switching and plugging the LCD directly into headers for our initial troubleshooting steps.

That is correct, if you have the LCD connected, you should see two firmware options in the Device Settings menu on the homepage.  If you don't mind for reference, what version is displayed for both?

On 5/25/2022 at 1:40 AM, makumazan84 said:

@Corsair NickAre you referring to latest iCue 4.24.193 which went out today? Or there will be another iCue version to address LCD issue?

The enhancement Shocksim referred to is not included in the current public release version 4.24.193, and will be apart of a later release.  We will make sure to post an update once fully confirmed.  Our software and validations teams are working diligently to get these enhancements implemented and tested before releasing out to all of you.

I have the exact same problem.... Even when the pc is not booted up, I see the red triangle showing up on the LCD screen. Also, all the fans are blinking static red every 3 seconds... The fans do work without RGB and in iCue I can see that the temperature is fine, but the red triangle stays there. When in iCue, it shows the following error: "Unknown device, your device is not properly detected in iCue, please contact support".
I suppose this is a software bug, because sometimes when I restart my pc I can see the Corsair logo for a few seconds on the LCD (boot up) and right after that, the red triangle appears. So, the LCD panel is connected, however it can't be detected by the own Corsair software. I connected the cables from the Commander Pro directly to the motherboard, that didn't help. I uninstalled the iCue software and I also deleted the folders from %appdata% as well as %localappdata% and also from the C drive and programs and features, still no luck. Hell, I even repaired and checked my BIOS. That didn't work either.  Important to mention, every time I close the iCue software the LCD screen displays 0 degrees! And when I do a force reboot for the LCD firmware in the iCue app, it shows for 1 second what the actual temperature is. Then it disappears and it shows the red triangle again :(
I feel like I am really close to solving this. Could you please help me out? How can I solve this problem and let it detect my water cooler + RGB ??

Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix Z690-F Gaming wifi
CPU: i9-12900K (Socket 1700)
Water cooler: H100i Elite LCD

0 degrees cooler.jpg

Red warning sign cooler.jpg

54 minutes ago, Bassface said:

I have the exact same problem.... Even when the pc is not booted up, I see the red triangle showing up on the LCD screen. Also, all the fans are blinking static red every 3 seconds... The fans do work without RGB and in iCue I can see that the temperature is fine, but the red triangle stays there. When in iCue, it shows the following error: "Unknown device, your device is not properly detected in iCue, please contact support".
I suppose this is a software bug, because sometimes when I restart my pc I can see the Corsair logo for a few seconds on the LCD (boot up) and right after that, the red triangle appears. So, the LCD panel is connected, however it can't be detected by the own Corsair software. I connected the cables from the Commander Pro directly to the motherboard, that didn't help. I uninstalled the iCue software and I also deleted the folders from %appdata% as well as %localappdata% and also from the C drive and programs and features, still no luck. Hell, I even repaired and checked my BIOS. That didn't work either.  Important to mention, every time I close the iCue software the LCD screen displays 0 degrees! And when I do a force reboot for the LCD firmware in the iCue app, it shows for 1 second what the actual temperature is. Then it disappears and it shows the red triangle again 😞
I feel like I am really close to solving this. Could you please help me out? How can I solve this problem and let it detect my water cooler + RGB ??

0 degrees cooler.jpg

Same issue as me, been 3 months now, there is nothing we can do then just wait for new firmware coming June/July with v4.25.xxx

Edited by Keawon

You know, at this point I think that the iCue software might not be compatible with new motherboards + Windows 11 combination… they need to sort it out. It’s a disaster when they release products that don’t even work or work half…

Do you think as well that it is a software related issue? I am almost certain, because I checked 100 times my cables and I used with and without splitter. That didn’t help either.

11 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

That is correct, if you have the LCD connected, you should see two firmware options in the Device Settings menu on the homepage.  If you don't mind for reference, what version is displayed for both?

Hi Nick,

Of course I don't mind - always happy to help you guys out - I work in IT myself and I completely understand the nightmare of remotely supporting thousands of different combinations of equipment 🙂

Right now (14:00 on Friday 27 May Australian Eastern Time) I have the following firmware numbers showing:
H100i Elite LCD device - 2.10.219

LCD Screen Firmware - 1.1.7.7

At this time both devices are reporting that those are the latest versions available

• Thanks 1

• Corsair Employee
11 hours ago, Salsiccia said:

Hi Nick,

Of course I don't mind - always happy to help you guys out - I work in IT myself and I completely understand the nightmare of remotely supporting thousands of different combinations of equipment 🙂

Right now (14:00 on Friday 27 May Australian Eastern Time) I have the following firmware numbers showing:
H100i Elite LCD device - 2.10.219

LCD Screen Firmware - 1.1.7.7

At this time both devices are reporting that those are the latest versions available

Thank you for the additional details.  Those are the correct and most up to date firmware versions for your specific units.  Prior to swapping out the motherboard, did you perform BIOS updates on the EVGA?  I didn't see it in your comments.  There have been some widespread reports of USB related issues on the X570 platform in general, and recent BIOS updates have improved it.

21 hours ago, Bassface said:

I suppose this is a software bug, because sometimes when I restart my pc I can see the Corsair logo for a few seconds on the LCD (boot up) and right after that, the red triangle appears. So, the LCD panel is connected, however it can't be detected by the own Corsair software. I connected the cables from the Commander Pro directly to the motherboard, that didn't help. I uninstalled the iCue software and I also deleted the folders from %appdata% as well as %localappdata% and also from the C drive and programs and features, still no luck. Hell, I even repaired and checked my BIOS. That didn't work either.  Important to mention, every time I close the iCue software the LCD screen displays 0 degrees! And when I do a force reboot for the LCD firmware in the iCue app, it shows for 1 second what the actual temperature is. Then it disappears and it shows the red triangle again 😞

0 degrees cooler.jpg

Literally my same problem in the first photo, i just got this cooler yesterday and everything got installed correctly, however i have this exact issue on my end where the lcd screens shows only the 0°C liquid temp...
the icue software just doesn't recognize the cooler and it just appears as "uknown device", i tried most of the things everyone suggested here, like reinstalling everything, both cooler and program/devices, tried with and without the usb splitter, but the result is always the same
i'm trying to understand if this is really a problem of mine or just a bug with icue being unable to handle this
In case others want to know my specs they are:
Motherboard:  Asus Tuf Gaming B450-Plus
Cpu: Amd Ryzen 7 3700x (socket AM4)
the model of the water cooler is the H100i Elite LCD

photo_2022-05-27_19-18-02.jpg

Just created an account to chime in with exact same issue.  I updated to latest Icue and updated the cooler firmware but cannot upgrade the LCD pump firmware, it just causes Icue to crash and the LCD is showing a red triangle. 

4 hours ago, Mike96 said:

Literally my same problem in the first photo, i just got this cooler yesterday and everything got installed correctly, however i have this exact issue on my end where the lcd screens shows only the 0°C liquid temp...
the icue software just doesn't recognize the cooler and it just appears as "uknown device", i tried most of the things everyone suggested here, like reinstalling everything, both cooler and program/devices, tried with and without the usb splitter, but the result is always the same
i'm trying to understand if this is really a problem of mine or just a bug with icue being unable to handle this
In case others want to know my specs they are:
Motherboard:  Asus Tuf Gaming B450-Plus
Cpu: Amd Ryzen 7 3700x (socket AM4)
the model of the water cooler is the H100i Elite LCD

photo_2022-05-27_19-18-02.jpg

I am almost 100% sure it's a bug of the iCue Software, you know why? Because after force reboot of the LCD screen firmware in iCue, it shows the correct temperature for like 1 second and then boom, it's gone... back to the red triangle of death. There should be a new firmware update where it is compatible for most motherboards, where the USB ports detect the devices and most important for me LOL, is that the RGB should work. Because right now it's blinking red. SO annoying...
Oh, maybe interesting for Corsair support @Corsair Nick I saw that some people managed to fix the issue with a .hex file of the specific water cooler. They dragged the hex file to the Bootloader in the Corsair map, where it is installed, (Usually C drive\iCue3 or Icue4) and then the CMD opens the hex file in the Bootloader. This is like a force update and it worked for some people! Unfortunately I do not have the hex file, if Corsair support could send it, that would be great. Or at least an update with the correct working software, that would be awesome! Cheers

5 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Thank you for the additional details.  Those are the correct and most up to date firmware versions for your specific units.  Prior to swapping out the motherboard, did you perform BIOS updates on the EVGA?  I didn't see it in your comments.  There have been some widespread reports of USB related issues on the X570 platform in general, and recent BIOS updates have improved it.

Hi Nick, Good point re BIOS updates - Yes I was running the latest BIOS on the EVGA, (from memory there are only 4 BIOS revisions for that board) as I am on the ASUS now. I should have mentioned that in my comments as its a good point. In scenarios like this I always ensure I am on the latest stable BIOS release and I avoid betas like the plague !! What I liked about the EVGA board was that it is a triple BIOS board, selectable via a hardware switch on the board, but I am yet to explore that functionality.

4 hours ago, Sensatti said:

Just created an account to chime in with exact same issue.  I updated to latest Icue and updated the cooler firmware but cannot upgrade the LCD pump firmware, it just causes Icue to crash and the LCD is showing a red triangle. 

Happy to report disconnecting the PSU and draining power resolved my issue and I was able to update to LCD pump firmware!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bassface said:

I am almost 100% sure it's a bug of the iCue Software, you know why? Because after force reboot of the LCD screen firmware in iCue, it shows the correct temperature for like 1 second and then boom, it's gone... back to the red triangle of death.

i actually tried to do the same and it happened the exact same thing, forcing the update on the lcd display made me see the lcd working showing the actual temperature with the details moving for just a second before the red triangle appeared again, it must be a software issue i guess, because if anything wasn't connected properly i wouldn't see that spark of life.
i really hope a fix comes asap, it's a really cool cooler, no pun intended, and i don't want to go through the hassle to remove everything and get a refund, but if this doesn't get resolved i'll be afraid i'll have to, also because of the high price it's being sold i expected a premium product...not a defective one

On 5/28/2022 at 7:46 AM, Salsiccia said:

Hi Nick, Good point re BIOS updates - Yes I was running the latest BIOS on the EVGA, (from memory there are only 4 BIOS revisions for that board) as I am on the ASUS now. I should have mentioned that in my comments as its a good point. In scenarios like this I always ensure I am on the latest stable BIOS release and I avoid betas like the plague !! What I liked about the EVGA board was that it is a triple BIOS board, selectable via a hardware switch on the board, but I am yet to explore that functionality.

I have just realised that I have a strong suspicion that while I was busy swapping from my EVGA X570 motherboard to my ASUS X570 motherboard the latest version of iCue dropped so when I downloaded it from the website after powering up my ASUS board I unknowingly inherited the iCue upgrade - so maybe the fix to my problem was in the latest iCue and not motherboard related - LOL !!!

I suppose when I get bored I can swap back to the EVGA motherboard and install this version of iCue to test, but I am not that bored yet - LOL.

Either way, it is working the way I want now.

Still keeping a eye on this thread, as many on here I had the RTOD but a few weeks ago I somehow managed to fix mine, the really frustrating bit about it is that I can't pinpoint exactly what I done to get it working. 

I am currently using an RMA unit. It's an issue I had with a previous unit. Current LCD upgrade firmware is 2.0.0.1, I cannot rollback the firmware since the unit continuously reboots, disappearing from iCUE.

• The LCD/Cooler persistently disconnect/reconnects with USB sounds disconnect/reconnects. This only happens when iCUE is on. If I shutdown ICUE it's fine, it just uses hardware lighting/screen.
  • The LCD upgrade unit screens flickers during a cold boot. This happened to a previous unit I had RMA'd. This unit stops flickering once the computer is operational for more then 10 mins.

Otherwise, the latest iCUE update seems to fix iCUE from crashing on start up and I still have my LCD upgrade screen options.

Edited by SpabalinasDesign

i'm going to get an RMA unit as well from amazon tomorrow so i'll try to see if changing it actually solves the issue, before doing that, do you guys recommend me to completely unistall icue and its folders and reinstall it with the new pump or will it be fine to leave it as it is?
also, if this doesn't fix anything i'm going to give up and get a refund, which is a pain because i really didn't want, but if the lcd doesn't work then there is no point on keeping it

Edited by Mike96
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike96 said:

i'm going to get an RMA unit as well from amazon tomorrow so i'll try to see if changing it actually solves the issue, before doing that, do you guys recommend me to completely unistall icue and its folders and reinstall it with the new pump or will it be fine to leave it as it is?
also, if this doesn't fix anything i'm going to give up and get a refund, which is a pain because i really didn't want, but if the lcd doesn't work then there is no point on keeping it

That is exactly what I am thinking too! I just bought this cooler, I just build my new pc and I am so frustrated with this... I didn't even enjoy gaming. It's a lot of stress tbh. If this doesn't get fixed within 4 weeks, then it's a big bye bye Corsair. It's sad, but it's the truth. I would rather stay, but the software is BAD.

alright, the RMA unit arrived, so i mounted it and well...i really wasn't hoping for any miracle but everything is finally working, even at the first boot up the nightmare red triangle never showed and it finally displays correctly in the icue software, allowing me to do any change as it was designed to do!
so glad it was just a defective product and nothing else, i really didn't want to change it because i find the design of this lcd so cool.
now, i have an update for the lcd screen but you can bet i won't do it until some problem arise, if it ain't broken don't fix it.
if there will be any developments i will update my post here

• Corsair Employee
3 hours ago, Mike96 said:

alright, the RMA unit arrived, so i mounted it and well...i really wasn't hoping for any miracle but everything is finally working, even at the first boot up the nightmare red triangle never showed and it finally displays correctly in the icue software, allowing me to do any change as it was designed to do!
so glad it was just a defective product and nothing else, i really didn't want to change it because i find the design of this lcd so cool.
now, i have an update for the lcd screen but you can bet i won't do it until some problem arise, if it ain't broken don't fix it.
if there will be any developments i will update my post here

Hey Mike96, really happy to hear that your RMA unit was able to run without issue. If any issues do arise, please don't hesitate to let us know!

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2022 at 9:36 AM, SpabalinasDesign said:

I am currently using an RMA unit. It's an issue I had with a previous unit. Current LCD upgrade firmware is 2.0.0.1, I cannot rollback the firmware since the unit continuously reboots, disappearing from iCUE.

• The LCD/Cooler persistently disconnect/reconnects with USB sounds disconnect/reconnects. This only happens when iCUE is on. If I shutdown ICUE it's fine, it just uses hardware lighting/screen.
  • The LCD upgrade unit screens flickers during a cold boot. This happened to a previous unit I had RMA'd. This unit stops flickering once the computer is operational for more then 10 mins.

Otherwise, the latest iCUE update seems to fix iCUE from crashing on start up and I still have my LCD upgrade screen options.

Update to my issue; Regarding the two issues on my post. I went to the ASUS website and saw I was behind on updating the firmware of the USB2x2 internal USB controller, which my corsair products are connected to. I'm fearful of updating firmware, but decided to give it a try. So far, it has not persistently disconnect/reconnected on me! I also haven't seen the screen flickering either.

I'm monitoring my system and hopefully this fixes the issue for me.

• Corsair Employee
9 hours ago, SpabalinasDesign said:

Update to my issue; Regarding the two issues on my post. I went to the ASUS website and saw I was behind on updating the firmware of the USB2x2 internal USB controller, which my corsair products are connected to. I'm fearful of updating firmware, but decided to give it a try. So far, it has not persistently disconnect/reconnected on me! I also haven't seen the screen flickering either.

I'm monitoring my system and hopefully this fixes the issue for me.

Hey there, SpabalinasDesign! That's really good to hear! Do you recall how long ago your USB drivers were last updated? I know, that's a rough question to ballpark, but perhaps other users may benefit from just a simple USB driver update as well. Please let us know if any other issues arise!

7 hours ago, Corsair Mint said:

Hey there, SpabalinasDesign! That's really good to hear! Do you recall how long ago your USB drivers were last updated? I know, that's a rough question to ballpark, but perhaps other users may benefit from just a simple USB driver update as well. Please let us know if any other issues arise!

It was a fairly new build, built the system around Nov. 2021, so the last build of drivers/firmware was in end of the year 2021.

Still monitoring the system, no disconnects/reconnects. The flickering from cold boot still happens from time to time though, but once the system warms up, the LCD returns to normal.

I have a problem with H150i Elite Capellix Firmware 2.10.219.

When I open ICUE 4 the pump shows a red circle blinking with an exclamation mark.

If I force the firmware update the error goes away and I can see the temperature on the display correctly.

After some seconds the red circle blinking with an exclamation mark appears again.

I am on Windows 11 and I think is a firmware issue.

Someone could tell me where I can dowload this Firmware 2.10.219 and other older versions ?

Eventually deas exist a new beta firmware ?

If yes, where I can dowload it ?

Thanks in advance.

PXL_20220607_174948811.MP.jpg

PXL_20220607_175156752.MP.jpg