Corsair Community

Elite LCD Megathread

• Corsair Employee
On 6/2/2022 at 4:38 PM, Bassface said:

Does it matter which RGB Cable is where and also which PWM cable is where on the commander core? Or doesn’t that matter?

You would just want to fill them in order, ie, 1, 2, 3... and so on, don't skip one.

On 6/2/2022 at 5:34 PM, SpabalinasDesign said:

It was a fairly new build, built the system around Nov. 2021, so the last build of drivers/firmware was in end of the year 2021.

Still monitoring the system, no disconnects/reconnects. The flickering from cold boot still happens from time to time though, but once the system warms up, the LCD returns to normal.

Thanks for the ballpark! Interesting that it looks like it "settles" after you've warmed up the system. Please let us know if there's sudden change!

Now I connecfted also the Corsair Commander Pro and, in the ICUE4 program, the H150i Capellix and its digital display are no more detected...

What a mess, someone has a solution for fix these issues ?

Thanks in advance.

PXL_20220607_183814878.NIGHT.jpg

Edited by 74lobster

45 minutes ago, 74lobster said:

Now I connecfted also the Corsair Commander Pro and, in the ICUE4 program, the H150i Capellix and its digital display are no more detected...

What a mess, someone has a solution for fix these issues ?

Thanks in advance.

PXL_20220607_183814878.NIGHT.jpg

When I connect also the Corsair Commander Pro, in the ICUE4 program, the H150i Capellix and its digital display are no more detected and the display shows a red triangle with a red exclamation mark.

PXL_20220607_192603892.MP.jpg

1 hour ago, Corsair Mint said:

You would just want to fill them in order, ie, 1, 2, 3... and so on, don't skip one.

Thanks for the ballpark! Interesting that it looks like it "settles" after you've warmed up the system. Please let us know if there's sudden change!

I didn't skip one, I am just wondering if Fan 1 is in 2 and so on, if that matters with RGB and PWM. The correct cabels are on the correct side.

I have connected the iCUE elite lcd upgrade kit, but in the display of the pump I see a red triangle with a red exclamation mark inside.

I have connected properly the upgrade kit, but Icue4, v. 4.24.193 shows me only:

Commander PRO - Lighting Node, v. 0.9.212
Commander CORE - Lighting Node, v. 2.10.219

No pump detected...

I am on Windows 11 Pro and I think is a firmware issue, but now I cannot see or change the firmware of the pump because is not detected by Icue4...

How I can fix this issue ?
Please help me.

Thanks

Here is the shot of USB connections of the Commander Core, Commander Pro and the RGB display of the pump: I have used an USB 2.0 moltiplicator.

The issue of the red triangle remains and LCD pump display is not detected by iCUE4....

PXL_20220608_094849480.jpg

PXL_20220608_094912567.jpg

PXL_20220607_192603893.MP.jpg

Edited by 74lobster

Update on my end.

• Unfortunately, so far the disconnect/reconnect is still around. But, not as frequently as before, it was almost every few seconds. Now it's ever 5-15mins. This is while iCUE is running. If iCUE isn't running, it's fine running off hardware lighting settings. No disconnects.
  • Flickering still happens, after 10mins it settles in.
  • iCUE tends to unexpected and silently crash from time to time, Event Viewer says Event ID 1000

I ordered another LCD upgrade (in White to match the system build 😀) just to see if it happens to the new unit. 

11 hours ago, 74lobster said:

I have connected the iCUE elite lcd upgrade kit, but in the display of the pump I see a red triangle with a red exclamation mark inside.

I have connected properly the upgrade kit, but Icue4, v. 4.24.193 shows me only:

Commander PRO - Lighting Node, v. 0.9.212
Commander CORE - Lighting Node, v. 2.10.219

No pump detected...

I am on Windows 11 Pro and I think is a firmware issue, but now I cannot see or change the firmware of the pump because is not detected by Icue4...

How I can fix this issue ?
Please help me.

Thanks

I have the same issue and I also have Windows 11 Pro!
Maybe it is not compatible with that version of Windows...
What motherboard do you have?
I have the Asus ROG STRIX Z690- F Gaming Wifi

• Corsair Employee

Some updates to the OP. First up the known issues.  

• Issue #7: AM4 Hook Interference on Lower Skirt
    • All new production LCD Upgrade Kits have the slot cut to help reduce potential for interference in older AM4 hook-style retention. ELITE LCD Coolers will not have this slot cut because they come with the newer standoff-style AM4 retention kit.

• New issue we're observing:
    • Issue #8 The Commander CORE does not resolve the serial but does see the LCD and pump. This usually present where you can see the cooler in iCUE but cannot see SCREEN SETUP. We will be removing the serial check step in the software initialization and that should resolve some issues for people. This will mean that you cannot use multiple LCDs on the same PC, a la HEDT platforms with two CPU sockets, a very rare corner case.
      • Issue Type: Software
      • Fix Timeframe: iCUE 4.25 (June 2022 Release)

Couple updates to Future Planned Features.

• Screen Rotation
    • Release Timeframe adjusted to iCUE 4.25 (June 2022 Release)
      • This should be the release around late June, 25th or so. If you haven't noticed, we do monthly iCUE drops. 

•  
  • Gallery Mode: Users will be able to select multiple screens/images to rotate through along with the necessary time parameters for said screens.
    • We recognize that more users want to be able to see multiple data sets, so this is a quick way to allow you to do so while we work on more screens with more information on them.
    • Release Timeframe: iCUE 4.27 (August 2022 Release)

Note to all: If you're only seeing the Commander CORE and not the cooler at all, you have completed all availabe troubleshooting steps, and you KNOW that all the plugs are solid, I would contact our customer support and request an RMA for a new Commander CORE. Include your receipt in the ticket and that will help expedite things. They should be able to cross-ship the new controller to you so you don't have any down time. 

rotate.PNG

• Corsair Employee
On 6/8/2022 at 3:02 AM, 74lobster said:

Here is the shot of USB connections of the Commander Core, Commander Pro and the RGB display of the pump: I have used an USB 2.0 moltiplicator.

The issue of the red triangle remains and LCD pump display is not detected by iCUE4....

Does it work if you remove the Commander PRO from the equation entirely? Connect the LCD and Commander CORE to their own internal USB ports without any hub or splitter sitting in between? 

You should always try to isolate problems when troubleshooting and limit variables. 

To anyone only see the commander core and not the AIO cooler/LCD kit, dont waste time trying methods. I tried EVERYTHING and spent countless hours in 2 weeks but nothing could fix it.

Just send it back for RMA guys. My new one is working okay now. Good luck guys

• Like 1

• Corsair Employee
6 minutes ago, hungkenvd97 said:

To anyone only see the commander core and not the AIO cooler/LCD kit, dont waste time trying methods. I tried EVERYTHING and spent countless hours in 2 weeks but nothing could fix it.

Just send it back for RMA guys. My new one is working okay now. Good luck guys

Glad to hear. Sorry about the ordeal. Hopefully you're enjoying the LCD! 

On 6/8/2022 at 2:02 PM, SpabalinasDesign said:

Update on my end.

• Unfortunately, so far the disconnect/reconnect is still around. But, not as frequently as before, it was almost every few seconds. Now it's ever 5-15mins. This is while iCUE is running. If iCUE isn't running, it's fine running off hardware lighting settings. No disconnects.
  • Flickering still happens, after 10mins it settles in.
  • iCUE tends to unexpected and silently crash from time to time, Event Viewer says Event ID 1000

I ordered another LCD upgrade (in White to match the system build 😀) just to see if it happens to the new unit. 

Update to my issue. 

• I swapped out the internal USB, this time I put the commander core on it's own internal USB instead of sharing a USB (with supplied y-cable) with my lighting node. So the y-cable is now sharing a connection with the LCD and lighting node. Oddly, in ICUE the LCD/AIO do not disconnect anymore. But, there is disconnect/reconnect USB sound, but it might be another device causing this. But at least now the lights/LCD doesn't turn on/off with the sound anymore!
  • Previously, I updated Internal USB controller drivers/firmware of my motherboard. It reduced the constant reconnect/disconnect, instead of every 5-15 seconds. It only disconnected every other 10 mins. But now, It no longer happens as much after putting the commander core on it's own internal USB connection.
  • Flickering is still present during a cold boot. It settles in after 15-20mins. If I unplug the USB of the LCD and reconnect, the flickering returns and then settles in again after a few minutes. Very odd behavior.
  • Sometimes iCUE crashes on it's own or slightly quits. Not clue as to why. Other times, it can last the whole day without problems.  It's not a  big deal. 

I will monitor this for a few more days. So far, so good(?)

The flickering is what I had on another unit before I sent it back and received this RMA. The unit only lasted 3 months and this one, almost lasted just as long. I also received my white LCD upgrade today! I will hold off from swapping out the RMA Black Housing one I have currently. But, I hope at least this unit last a long time without flickering or having issues... 🤞

Edited by SpabalinasDesign

Last night, I started to install an H115i elite capellix into my computer. After I installed the radiator, I immediately installed the LCD screen, which I later found to be incorrect. At that time, booting the computer only gave me a red exclamation mark. To refute this, I reinstalled the the stock block and completely uninstalled iCue. After reinstalling, I powered off the computer and installed the LCD screen upgrade. The usb cable is plugged directly into the motherboard. Now, upon booting, the corsair logo will pop up, followed by a 0C reading on the coolant, where it then promptly gives me the red triangle. What else can I do? All firmware is updated to the latest release.

24 minutes ago, Smortz11 said:

Last night, I started to install an H115i elite capellix into my computer. After I installed the radiator, I immediately installed the LCD screen, which I later found to be incorrect. At that time, booting the computer only gave me a red exclamation mark. To refute this, I reinstalled the the stock block and completely uninstalled iCue. After reinstalling, I powered off the computer and installed the LCD screen upgrade. The usb cable is plugged directly into the motherboard. Now, upon booting, the corsair logo will pop up, followed by a 0C reading on the coolant, where it then promptly gives me the red triangle. What else can I do? All firmware is updated to the latest release.

I am having exactly this issue. The LCD would boot up normally with Corsair logo, then showed Liquid Temp as 0, and then it showed the red ! (exclamation) mark. Tried literally everything they said, even with the slightest tip, but yeah...My choice is probably RMA at this point.

Update;

I swapped out my black RMA-received LCD upgrade to a brand new White LCD upgrade and still had persistent disconnect/reconnect issues. USBLogView wasn't able to determine what was disconnecting but the USBDlog would see the LCD upgrade reconnect/disconnect. This lead me to believe it was something on my motherboard. The reconnect/disconnect would be noticeable with the AIO if the LCD and AIO shared the same USB port. So decided to put the commander core on it's own USB slot and LCD/Lighting Core sharing the Y-Cable. Disconnect/Reconnect still happened, but not as frequently and AIO still continue on, without blinking. 

I think what fixed the issue was updating my motherboards (ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4) firmware to the latest (from 1404 to 1504) and with conjunction with the USB 2.0 internal controller firmware (006 to 008) seemed to have almost eliminated the disconnect/reconnect issue.

Afterwards, I've ran with the White LCD upgrade for a few days. Almost no disconnect/reconnect. No red triangle and I'm still able to use iCUE with the ability to change the gif settings. The only time it ever disconnected/reconnected was due to iCUE crashing (Event ID 1000 program fault due to ntdll.dll?). The Black LCD upgrade I received via RMA still flickers but settles in after 10-15 minutes then LCD settles to normal. I'm not sure if the flickering is due to something faulty with the unit? It's only about 2 months old. The white version seems to have worked flawlessly for two days now. But we will see in 2 months. We'll see if this happens to this unit again.

I'm also using Windows 11 and use my computer for long periods of time. Hopefully this helps anyone who has some issues similar to mine. 

TLDR; What I did:

• Placed commander core on it's own internal USB. Placed LCD/Lighting Node on provided y-cable to internal USB.
  • Updated my Motherboard firmware (ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4: 1404 to 1504)
  • Updated USB 2.0 internal controller firmware (006 to 008)
  • Black RMA-received LCD Upgrade still flickers but returns to normal after 10-15 minutes. Not sure if this caused by the USB or just a faulty LCD.

I must've gone through 3 LCD upgrades to get to this point. 😂 At least now, my computer isn't always having the lights/LCD blink and disconnecting/reconnecting sounds played every few seconds. Anyway, we will see after a month or two if I get the flickering issue again. 🤞

330979057_IMG_2637-Copy.thumb.jpg.11f8725413fc04bde5d05bfcbef5b674.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 8:12 PM, shocksim said:

Some updates to the OP. First up the known issues.  

• Issue #7: AM4 Hook Interference on Lower Skirt
    • All new production LCD Upgrade Kits have the slot cut to help reduce potential for interference in older AM4 hook-style retention. ELITE LCD Coolers will not have this slot cut because they come with the newer standoff-style AM4 retention kit.

• New issue we're observing:
    • Issue #8 The Commander CORE does not resolve the serial but does see the LCD and pump. This usually present where you can see the cooler in iCUE but cannot see SCREEN SETUP. We will be removing the serial check step in the software initialization and that should resolve some issues for people. This will mean that you cannot use multiple LCDs on the same PC, a la HEDT platforms with two CPU sockets, a very rare corner case.
      • Issue Type: Software
      • Fix Timeframe: iCUE 4.25 (June 2022 Release)

Couple updates to Future Planned Features.

• Screen Rotation
    • Release Timeframe adjusted to iCUE 4.25 (June 2022 Release)
      • This should be the release around late June, 25th or so. If you haven't noticed, we do monthly iCUE drops. 

•  
  • Gallery Mode: Users will be able to select multiple screens/images to rotate through along with the necessary time parameters for said screens.
    • We recognize that more users want to be able to see multiple data sets, so this is a quick way to allow you to do so while we work on more screens with more information on them.
    • Release Timeframe: iCUE 4.27 (August 2022 Release)

Note to all: If you're only seeing the Commander CORE and not the cooler at all, you have completed all availabe troubleshooting steps, and you KNOW that all the plugs are solid, I would contact our customer support and request an RMA for a new Commander CORE. Include your receipt in the ticket and that will help expedite things. They should be able to cross-ship the new controller to you so you don't have any down time. 

rotate.PNG

Hey shocksim 
The only thing that shows up in my ICUE is the Commander Core
It tells me that I have an update for the LCD Pump available wich causes ICUE to crash when tryint to Install 
Do I wait for the next ICUE update or try a new Cooler AGAIN?
The Cooler shows up in Windows btw

Regards

Vatan

1.PNG

2.PNG

On 6/8/2022 at 12:02 PM, 74lobster said:

Hi 74lobster.

did you manage to solve the issue?

I have the exact same problem.

Does the pump work, even if not detected by iCUE?

Have you tried to switch off the PSU?

It's great that rotation is coming soon as I installed my cooler a particular orientation due to the hardware and case constaints I have.

However, in the meantime I thought I will just set it to display a static photo. So I took a photo I have, rotated it in Windows so it is upside down then added it to iCue...except iCue sees it still as the proper side up...this has me very consfused. How does iCue know what the proper rotation is? Every other program I open this rotated photo in it appears in whatever rotation I have set it to in Windows. Has me hella confused.

• Corsair Employee
On 6/14/2022 at 2:05 PM, Vatan said:

Hey shocksim 
The only thing that shows up in my ICUE is the Commander Core
It tells me that I have an update for the LCD Pump available wich causes ICUE to crash when tryint to Install 
Do I wait for the next ICUE update or try a new Cooler AGAIN?
The Cooler shows up in Windows btw

Regards

Vatan

If it's only showing the Commander CORE something isn't passing the module ID date through to the Commander CORE from the pump. Either it's a loose 20-pin or there's something wrong with the Commander CORE. I would suggest swapping that part first, especially if the pump is powering on. 

• Corsair Employee
3 hours ago, Tried2Fail said:

It's great that rotation is coming soon as I installed my cooler a particular orientation due to the hardware and case constaints I have.

However, in the meantime I thought I will just set it to display a static photo. So I took a photo I have, rotated it in Windows so it is upside down then added it to iCue...except iCue sees it still as the proper side up...this has me very consfused. How does iCue know what the proper rotation is? Every other program I open this rotated photo in it appears in whatever rotation I have set it to in Windows. Has me hella confused.

I would try using a different program to rotate and save instead of using the windows built in rotation. I used to rotate images for testing using Photoshop (overkill but it worked) when we were speccing out the rotation. 

That said, rotation is coming in 4.25 which is set for release likely last week of June. 

Guys,

I just received my replacement from the local pc store, this one works! The RGB + the fans work like a charm. The only thing that has me worrying is that the LCD screen shows no display….. what could possibly be wrong? I connected all the cables. In this case I used the splitter from Corsair.