Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 Improvement Thread

TeslaMonger

I don't know man. maybe its really just me. I always take a good shower before I go to game mode. I don't know anymore :X

another suggestion then.

a "hook" to place the headset by. because sometimes I use the headset as an emergency makeshift speaker whenever visitors came by (though rarely).

They don't sound too great when being used as stand-up speakers, and I'm sure they expect most people that pay $100-120 for a headset to have a pair of speakers as well. But, a mounting clip to hang the headset on a wall or even the side of your case sounds like a better idea. It would be a unique and inexpensive addition to a relatively high priced headset.

I swear I've seen this built into a case before... I just can't remember which.

EDIT: Hey Ram guy, could you give a reply for this?

[+1] - Recognition as a 7.1 headset in Windows (?)

Unsure of this having any effect on the performance of the headset, would appreciate a response regarding this.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that V2000 can never compete with a real speaker. That's why I said "emergency makeshift speaker". It's for convenience sake. Instead of doing a lot of work to setup a speaker, V2000 can act as a makeshift.

And it's not like a speaker would ever need to be wireless either.

I'd also go with the crack issue. Got myself a new one just 2 month ago because of the crack and now the crack appeard again at the same place.....

After getting the new one, I paid extra attention when putting the headset on or off the head. Could be the my head is just too thick, but i think that should'nt happen with a product like the Vengeance 2000.

Now I am struggling whether i should send it back AGAIN or just stick with the crack and hope that it won't break completely.

• Corsair Employee
I'd also go with the crack issue. Got myself a new one just 2 month ago because of the crack and now the crack appeard again at the same place.....

After getting the new one, I paid extra attention when putting the headset on or off the head. Could be the my head is just too thick, but i think that should'nt happen with a product like the Vengeance 2000.

Now I am struggling whether i should send it back AGAIN or just stick with the crack and hope that it won't break completely.

Whats the lot code for your headset?

• Corsair Employee
not much of a suggestion but

let's just say the real reason I wanted a wireless headset is that so I can lie down in bed while playing (weird eh?). would the headset be safe? can it be safe? no cracks or anything?

I lie down with my headset sometimes so it should be okay as long as you're not literally lying on it (like sleeping on the side for example).

The cracking issue on the sides definitely needs analysis. When the headband is fully extended (which to me could probably use a bit more length) this seems to cause the most stress on those plastic housings suffering the stress cracks.

It may also help if the rods that connect to the headband and the the ear cup brackets were lengthened and reinforced at the headband to help handle the stress when they're being used. This seemed to be the main culprit from the stress crack my headset had.

Maybe a flexible metal strip within the headband might be helpful in taking on some of the normal wearing stress rather than relying on the plastic that is failing.

Finally, I'd also like to have the ear cups lock in the flat position when I store them in my headphone bag for transport. (Oh, and maybe include a bag for us V2K owners like the ones provided with the V1500's :winking:)

(P.S. Came up with one more thing, maybe some instruction or advisement for the current batch of V2K's to have owners handle the headset by the headband instead of the ear cups when handling them)

The cracking issue on the sides definitely needs analysis. When the headband is fully extended (which to me could probably use a bit more length) this seems to cause the most stress on those plastic housings suffering the stress cracks.

It may also help if the rods that connect to the headband and the the ear cup brackets were lengthened and reinforced at the headband to help handle the stress when they're being used. This seemed to be the main culprit from the stress crack my headset had.

Maybe a flexible metal strip within the headband might be helpful in taking on some of the normal wearing stress rather than relying on the plastic that is failing.

Finally, I'd also like to have the ear cups lock in the flat position when I store them in my headphone bag for transport. (Oh, and maybe include a bag for us V2K owners like the ones provided with the V1500's :winking:)

(P.S. Came up with one more thing, maybe some instruction or advisement for the current batch of V2K's to have owners handle the headset by the headband instead of the ear cups when handling them)

I believe ear-cup locking is rather silly, adds another place for the headset to break, along with being a possibly irritating feature. If we do get a carrying bag, locking isn't necessary as long as the bag is made of a hard material and is shaped to the headset.

Also, could you please definite 'V2K'? I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

I believe ear-cup locking is rather silly, adds another place for the headset to break, along with being a possibly irritating feature. If we do get a carrying bag, locking isn't necessary as long as the bag is made of a hard material and is shaped to the headset.

It sounds like you're describing a hard case which would certainly keep the ear cups in the flat position when transporting. I purchased a padded nylon bag to store my headsets when I transport them. Rotating the ear cups so they softly snap into the flat position would help me slip them in to a bag quickly.

It sounds like you're describing a hard case which would certainly keep the ear cups in the flat position when transporting. I purchased a padded nylon bag to store my headsets when I transport them. Rotating the ear cups so they softly snap into the flat position would help me slip them in to a bag quickly.

Personally I'm with LinusTechTips on this one. If you want a nylon bag, then buy it separately, as they are non-expensive. But, hard cases are much more useful for deterring damage, but the downside is they need to be custom made to fit your headset. Since others won't do it, it is up to Corsair to make that happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

+9000 on the cracking issue here too... My Headset is still okay, no crackline as far i can see, till now. Would love you could cover this with metal under the plastic finish.

The other annoyance is really that buzzing i got. But i wont judge it, cause it could be my powersource. I still got no time to rearrange it a bit to see it becomes better.

This list is pretty good and i think its just meant to Corsair making a great Headset even better. Really i love this one. And i do love Corsairs Support.

+1 for a Hook and

+1 for a Case for it too... :)

Thanks to Ramguy and the other ppl at Corsair for the Dongle you send me. But i never got that robotic voice again, since i installed the 7.1 Driver.

Anyways, caring for the customers in those way is a big agument to buy again.

Thankyou!

I posted this in another thread, the one about the buzzing noise on the microphone and I figured I'd post it here as well.

My headset had this same problem. Grounding yourself does cause it to go away slightly, so that got me thinking. I checked the wall outlet and what did I find?

You know how some people like to keep their cell phone charger plugged in to the wall when their phone isn't even charging? Well this was my problem. I simply unplugged the cell phone charger and the problem was gone. I could now talk to my buddies on Ventrilo without them hearing my loud buzz through my microphone.

So my suggestion to you people with this problem is to check your surge protector/power strip, wall outlets that you currently have your laptop/desktop plugged into.

Hope this was of some help to anyone with this problem.

I know this is probably just me using the headset too much but my ears have gotten sore spots on them that have even bled a little. Having thicker padding would be nice so the headset isn't rubbing against my ear. NO, i don't have big ears, its just the padding that loses its volume after a while so that your ears start touching the insides of the earcups and start rubbing against it.

I posted this in another thread, the one about the buzzing noise on the microphone and I figured I'd post it here as well.

My headset had this same problem. Grounding yourself does cause it to go away slightly, so that got me thinking. I checked the wall outlet and what did I find?

You know how some people like to keep their cell phone charger plugged in to the wall when their phone isn't even charging? Well this was my problem. I simply unplugged the cell phone charger and the problem was gone. I could now talk to my buddies on Ventrilo without them hearing my loud buzz through my microphone.

So my suggestion to you people with this problem is to check your surge protector/power strip, wall outlets that you currently have your laptop/desktop plugged into.

Hope this was of some help to anyone with this problem.

I just RMA'd my set to fix the buzzing issue, and no longer happens. It seems to be a manufacturing defect, but now I kinda wished I tried this method just for my sanity's sake.

I know this is probably just me using the headset too much but my ears have gotten sore spots on them that have even bled a little. Having thicker padding would be nice so the headset isn't rubbing against my ear. NO, i don't have big ears, its just the padding that loses its volume after a while so that your ears start touching the insides of the earcups and start rubbing against it.

Ear-bleeding from the headset seems like an extremely personal case, I had my first set for nearly a year before having to RMA it due to a cracked side, but even then I never got discomfort to my ears (even after 12+ hours of headset use at a time). Plus, if it gets to the point where the earpad's foam is completely worn down, then you could get a replacement set of earpads. Here's a link :

http://www.corsair.com/en/pc-computer-audio/pc-computer-audio-accessories/headset-earpads-black-microfiber.html

• 3 months later...

*summoning thread necro powers*

long time no post I guess. Here's my suggestion: batteries.

I don't like the idea of sticking a wire in the headset so I could charge it again. I'd prefer it to be something like 2x AA batteries so that I could take them off and charge them without worrying about the wires.

If you're thinking that this is just my preference talking, think again. V2000 uses Lithium batteries of... I don't even know what type it is. But here's the problem: I dare you to go to a local hardware store and ask the sales if they have this type of battery.

That's the bigger problem. There are thread RMAs that concerned with the battery. But I'm more concerned about inconvenience rather than warranty itself. In my case, that translates to waiting to 2-3 weeks just to replace the said battery. Now that's a major pain. And I'm sure Corsair doesn't want RMAs in their doorstep either.

Thus my suggestion being replace the battery with just 2x AA battery ones. or you could just add "batteries not included" and I'm pretty sure Corsair would have their costing for their headsets reduced drastically. or provide a rechargeable 2x AA batteries and a charger. Even if the battery died, consumers can just buy said batteries in the local stores.

• 1 month later...

1. Aluminum design for the ear cuffs and head band part to eliminate the cracking problem and provide a better flexible material for a more comfortable fit.

2. Removable ear muffs similar to the Logitech G430 so you can wash them.

3. Better designed power button, perhaps a slider style switch. I personally just don't like holding down the power button in order to turn the headset off or on.

4. Better driver support. I still use the version that comes with the headset as the newer "7.1" driver are worse. I find anyway. I'm confused how the stock drivers are 33MB in size and the new ones, which are packed with more features I thought, are only 6MB.

Those are the only 4 things I can think of to make this headset stand out even more so from the rest. I love this headset, when I bought the G430's in order to have something while I waited for my replacement RMA I missed them even more. The sound and comfort on these bad boys are far superior to any other I've tried in the same price range.

• 1 month later...

^

I was the one who suggested about the blue cloth that can't be washed. See page 2. I looked at the V2100 pictures and it seems the blue cloth can't be removed again. Or correct me Ram Guy.

Also, I need more feedback about people using V2100. Don't want to go to the trouble about the cracking sides again.

Archived