Corsair Community

AX1200i Buzz

aTs

Hello again

Today I passed your block 1200i in store http://www.regard.ru/catalog/tovar43446.хтм

I was told that all the faulty 1200i and gladly returned the money.

i took another block not corsar and I am glad that I did not hear the noise of it, I became paranoid, thanks to you. Seasonic terrible quality. you have nothing to do with this problem. I read that you promise to fix all in the next batch. But you lose customers and reputation. + No driver for windows 8, goodbye my favorite is when the corsair.....

P.S. all who have 1200i and there is noise go to returned to shop.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi RAMGUY,

This is UNACCEPTABLE. You said you'd answer me ASAP... that was weeks ago. I have not heard anything from you. I BUMP the topic all the time and I don't even get a response... WTF is GOING ON?

I've got a fault product FROM THE START and this is TAKING AGES to FIX... PLEASE RESPOND.

That's corsair support for you... Bought faulty product from day 1. You can clearly see from the posts above that something was indeed wrong, 3 replacements all the same buzz (and I have the videos to prove it) RAMGUY and Corsair do nothing... WTF?

• Corsair Employee

ATS - I am arranging another replacement for you at our own expense.

As for you unit that was returned, I have never received the reports from engineering. I will need to follow up again with them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, this my first post and I can not see where I can create my own support thread so Im sticking it on the end here. If someone could move this that would be great. Anyway

I have recently got a gtx titan and im getting what i believe is coil whine form my psu. Its making weird noises that gets really really annoying. I can hear it with my side panel on. It a whine/click type noise. i know its coming form my psu and not my titan as i have tested this. My issue is I can not remember where i got it from? I know its in warranty and needs replacing but i have no idea where i got it or who from? I am concerned im not going to be aloud an RMA because of this?

Im really stuck, and worried what i am going to do. I submitted an RMA (5846553)

Anyone have any advice?

• 1 month later...
I have the same problem on my AX1200i. I haven't tried troubleshooting it yet as I just noticed it yesterday. I will let you all know what I find. Any updates from Corsair regarding the units that were sent back? Seems pointless to rma it if we are just going to get another one with the same problem.

• 1 month later...

Hi again,

Sorry still I really tried to cope with the sound, I really tried to not request a fix but this is insane; I am into my fourth replacement ton of frustration major downtime in my main workstation and still there is no freaking solution.

RamGuy please give me a responsible answer and a solution to my problem... please..

I've (again) uploaded a new video of the sound. It's freaking hilarious I've never had such PSU problems but this is it. I wish I could return it and get another platinum-grade brand PSU around the same amount of money...

Here is the video link:

Well, I don't know what to say.... other than that I really can't hear anything in that video that sounds like a "buzz". Figured that something would become evident after the camera finished squirreling around and got into a stable position where the sound could be heard, but nothing really changed. All I can hear is what sounds like normal fan whirr.

I do hear it, 0:27 and set speakers louder it gets very obvious.

I have the same buzzing problem, and the fan clicks like every 10secs, also the fan chirps. Will be my 2nd RMA >.< I can't miss my PSU either for like a week or two and advanced rma I don't have a CC.

Really, it doesn't feel like if I'll replace my unit it will be fixed. Corsair should just do a better control while making those units.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe turn your volume up, it's there. The mic is from an iPhone so it's not the best there is. Turn your volume up a bit and you will hear the distinctive sound against the fans that are running...

last RMA was 5712749.

Please fix your PSU's... really; issue up a revision or something... This is my fourth PSU that exhibits this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

This is really unacceptable.

Corsair is selling like 100K a month, only a few returning their product; making an evidence that it only happens to a few units. So how many of them were silent freaks? I'd like to receive all the AX1200i units from the satisfied customers and test them each individually if they would make unacceptable noise for me. There would be a lot I won't find acceptable. People who buy the AX lines are mostly gamers running 20 fans in their system, they never ever would hear the noise of it or they mostly have headphones on. Or the fact that the majority of people aren't noise sensitive or they just simply don't care so there's basically a large percentage not included; making the evidence of "small percentage returns" rather irrelevant.

Lately I've bought an AX1200 over from a friend, he clearly said the unit doesn't make any coil whine or strange fan noise (like bad bearing) etc. Instead of immediately assembling it in my PC, I just hooked the power cable up and turned the switch on; major coil whine then I tried the paperclip method and the fan was totally noisy. He didn't notice that noise at all when he had it running in his pc.

I still don't understand why Corsair doesn't bring a fix or a newer revision with a proper PWM control. I'm really asking myself, did you guys ever test the fan control properly? It's like: "Ah it's nice, lets bring it out". The seasonic hybrid control works a lot better than the I series ones, a switch would have been nice too on the flextronics units.

aTs still doesn't have a proper unit after 9 months time and 4 RMA's?

• Corsair Employee

What was your most recent RMA# aTs? There is no information on 5712749 that would suggest the RMA is still open!

EDIT after some digging we issued a call tag for the PSU and UPS stated that you were not available to pick up the unit that is why it was never replaced. I would suggest calling our customer service byu phone to work this out.

Faithh07

Please request an RMA and post the case number as I would like to see the unit here.

Faithh07

Please request an RMA and post the case number as I would like to see the unit here.

I've just reversed the deal on that AX1200, so I have my money back and he has his psu back.

Atm I'm using ax860i which buzzes and that annoying click every 10sec from the fan, it'd be my 2nd RMA and I'm not really having faith anymore in RMA'ing. I can't miss my PSU for 1 week either and I don't have a CC to do an advanced RMA, can't have a hold on my bankcard either. So isn't there any other solution you guys can provide so I don't have to miss my PSU for a week?

Archived