Corsair Community

AX1200i Buzz

aTs

Hi,

That was said in a private mail exchange with a Corsair Support Staff member. Henry H. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do and only wait; but again it's my fourth power supply (including the original I bought) so far. Hopefully this will be different and will solve the Buzzing issue altogether. Fact is though that I am without my workstation for almost 20 days now and will be for at least 10 days. That hinders my work as it's my main workstation we are talking about here; that causes me great discomfort as I had this issue from day 1. Heck, that's what I get for being an 'early' adopter.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another update. Corsair has still AX1200i out of stock and will be until at least 3/12 (for any potential AX1200i RMAer's avoid until then); which is quite a long time to be without a power supply. Thankfully Corsair has said that it would ship me an AX1200 until they receive the new units.

Thanks a ton for that!

and... again another update. I received the Unit this morning and I installed it immediately. Man it's nice to have a quiet rig again. Now my power supply is dead silent. Same setup, same power delivery same components NO BUZZ, AT ALL. Hopefully when I receive the new AX1200i things will be different.

Nice to see things going well for you after all this time.

I don't want to jinx you or anything, but my replacement developed the whine issue only after I stressed the system & then it was constant (under stress or @ idle).

Hopefully you don't have a similar experience.

Well,

I stressed it a bit, not too much; but even at idle is dead silent... compared to the previous AX1200i that I had... it's quieter in the order of magnitudes... hopefully that won't change with this as well as with my upcoming (and awesomely late) replacement AX1200i.

Archived