Corsair Community

Port 1 and 2 overcurrent state After update

Yeah it has been really frustrating. I overpaid couple 100€ just to have corsair and rgb in the fans and gpu cooling. 

And in the end i have to worry about error messages which are completly useless.. 

Thanks that i have to worry about my new 3000€ pc because i overpaid for corsair devices! 

In the end you dont even get any anouncment or message from them! I will think about recommending corsair to my friends!

• Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 10:13 PM, JAM89 said:

So I fixed the issue for me, but something tells me my solution may not solve the issue for some (or any) of you.

When I set up my PC I thought each hub could handle seven devices total, not 7 per port. As such I used two system hubs, and had to use a usb splitter because my MOBO has only two ports total. I also evened out the products on each port.

I don't know if it was the splitter, or if it was the additional system hub. However, since removing them, the wiring in my case is even cleaner, and it has been almost a full day and no additional warnings have come up.

So yeah, cool for me, maybe not so cool for you.

Each Hub should handle up to 14 devices connected.. :

image.png.ddd3014d4d9841dca4ea51789846e878.png

Shall I remind everyone here it's actually plugged into a freaking 8-pin PCIe power port ?

For me everything was "almost" working fine... the only problem I had until now was my AIO Lcd not showing CPU/GPU temps after computer sleep... but if I uninstall iCue and reinstall/reboot everything was back to normal...

This time I've downloaded the latest version and I have the same warning about overcurrent...

And it seems that Corsair doesn't give a damn despite the fact that they sell AIOs for over 300€ and fans for over 40€ each... depressing

Edited by Nomadsan

I'm also having the same problem. All I have to say is that Corsair's support is just plain horrendous. They had me revert back to 4.33 and then iCue didn't even recognize that there were fans at all. So, I updated back to 5.9.105. I still get the error, in fact, now it says both port 1 and 2 are in an overcurrent state, but at least the fans are running...not at full speed, only 1000RPM, but it's better than completely still.

Why does it take Corsair days to respond to support emails??? I spent $480 on 9 fans...I expect them to work properly!

Having the exact same issue! I thought it was a bit strange how my 5800x3D was getting very hot during gaming and then opened ICUE and saw the fans are operating in low power mode because of this error.

The fact that it's been a month since OP posted this thread and Corsair have failed to address the issue is quite worrying especially as they're the most expensive fans on the market and this should have been fixed ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

Corsair are showing themselves up as charlatans regarding the on going issues with their new icue link junk. I have this same issue, after going through the red blinking carry on. Their single point of contact and ticket system is as crap as the hardware it is supposed to support. It takes days or weeks for them to reply and I kinda get the impression that they dont care all that much!

Come on corsair at least have the courtesy to repsond to this and offer a solution.

• Corsair Employee

I want to apologize to everyone for this issue and the frustrating experience. We are aware of this issue and are currently working on a solution.

For now it is best that we get a support ticket from everyone having the issue so we can get as much information as possible for documentation on our end.

Please feel free to share your ticket numbers and I will be happy to assist. Thanks for your continued patience.

Regards,

• Thanks 1

Same issue. I only have 4 QX120 fans on Port 1 but getting over-voltage errors on both ports 1 and 2.

Ticket# 2006657949

4 QX120 fans on Port 1. Nothing else. So why am I getting over-voltage alerts on both ports?

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
AMD Ryzen 5800X3D
Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC
32GB DDR4 3600
MSI 1000W PSU

I created a ticket as well on this. #2006658349 This seems like a pretty big deal considering I can't even power my water pump/reservoir or fans for my radiator. In the meantime I'm having to use an old computer until this is resolved. Forcing a firmware update on the hub doesn't seem to fix my issue at all.

Edited by Shaders

Noticed the call for creating a ticket for this and I created one on Monday - #2006657836 - I'd been following along for a while. I've two computers with iCUE LINK parts and both of them are running into this issue.  Both seem to be _okay_. One had an issue the other day when waking from sleep mode - I've since advised my husband to not ever place his device into sleep mode.

Specs for both systems, but the only real difference between the two is the motherboard.

• Win 11
  • Seasonic Vertex GX-1200
  • Mother board
    • ASUS Strix z790-H
    • Gigabyte Z790 AORUS PRO X
  • Corsair's ICUE LINK hub
    • Port 1: QX120 x4
    • Port 2: H150i + QX120x3

I have this exact same issue, though it's only affecting Port I. I'll be submitting a support ticket soon.

Here are my specs:

• Windows 11 Pro
  • Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 1200W 80+ Gold PSU
  • ASUS TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI motherboard
  • AMD 7800X3D
  • Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 SSD
  • PNY XLR-8 Nvidia 4090
  • Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 CL30 memory
  • Corsair's iCUE LINK hub
    • Port 1: QX120 x6
    • Port 2: H150i + QX120 x4

I have the 7800X3D set to use the motherboard's standard PBO boost without any tweaking. Similarly, my RAM is using EXPO I and isn't tweaked any further.

This started this morning, and I have occasionally had my computer go into sleep mode (it's in Balanced power mode and does that automatically). Maybe it's something to do with sleep mode? I have no clue.

Im having  same problem. H100i AIO, 3 fan starter pack, and one single QX fan. 4 fans into one port and 3 into other. AIO and fans disappear from ICUE, occasionally get overcurrent warning. Also get red traingle on RAM and it goes to solid colour with no RGB control. 

Tried everything e..g installed latest firmware, updated hub/fan firmware, forced update, triend different USB port on MB, adjusted power settings, messed with BIOS, reset BIOS to default, complete uninstall and clean reinstall, tried ICUE v4 and v5.. Seems to work for a few hours then same problem occurs. Not really what i expected to be doing over the christmas period!! lol

So gutted as PC was for son and I am not confident he can use it without frying components. I bought more expensive link system as was meant to be more straight forward. 

I have submitted support ticket with Corsair but actually gonna argue with retailer where I bought stuff that I want a full refund for all corsair products because at present it is not fit for purpose. It seems really bad that so many people have same issue and there is radio silence....

Having the same issue with a brand new build...
Running a Corsair H150i and 3 Pack 120mm link fans, all from 1 link unit.

I have had to switch to running H150i and radiator fans from 1 link unit and the separate 3 pack of fans from its own link unit as the overcurrent issue drops USB controller on crash and I lose my USB SteelSeries headset and USB Mouse when Overcurrent occurs for about 5 seconds. Happens every 30-45minutes and even turning off LEDs had no effect on this overcurrent issue when running from 1 Unit.

Now running from 2 link controllers it seems to be OK but not ideal being you should be able to run everything from 1 unit :(

8 hours ago, Dakath said:

Having the same issue with a brand new build...
Running a Corsair H150i and 3 Pack 120mm link fans, all from 1 link unit.

I have had to switch to running H150i and radiator fans from 1 link unit and the separate 3 pack of fans from its own link unit as the overcurrent issue drops USB controller on crash and I lose my USB SteelSeries headset and USB Mouse when Overcurrent occurs for about 5 seconds. Happens every 30-45minutes and even turning off LEDs had no effect on this overcurrent issue when running from 1 Unit.

Now running from 2 link controllers it seems to be OK but not ideal being you should be able to run everything from 1 unit 😞

Is yours still working ok with 2 link hubs?. I have tried various workarounds, seem to think I have fixed it ...then problem returns. I have a spare conrtroller so could try setting this up

3QX 120 Fans on 1 port, nothing else. I'm getting low current on both ports even though I'm using just one port. Just hooked this up 2 days ago

Finally got a reply from Corsair. They want to replace the Link Hub.

1. It's brand new.

2. Every report I have seen says this started after the latest update.

3. A mix of brand new and existing Link Hubs ALL went bad at the same time? Right after the last update?

I have a few spare Link hubs from previous builds. Rather than take pics and navigate the hurdles Corsair puts up for warranty replacement, I am going to test with my spares. Just a PITA as my system is VERY heavy and mounted on the wall. Now I have to drag it back down and test.

For those wondering....

Windows 11 Pro

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D

Asus Strix Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

32GB Corsair RAM

Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC

Power plan: performance

No Sleep mode

Corsair Link hub w/ 4 QX120MM fans on port 1. Nothing on Port 2.

I'll also do a ticket, 1x hub, Ryzen 7600 on a B650 board, 1 hub 3 fans single port, getting the error for both ports. I dual boot Win 10/Xerolinux. Didn't have the problem until I rebooted. Fans seem to be working just fine on custom curves so it seems the problem is a false positive. Fans worked just fine saved to hardware in Xerolinux too. 

Odd. I received an iCue update today and it appears to have fixed all my issues. No more temperature sensor overcurrent, all fans and systems recognized.

I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days and report back if that changes.