Corsair Community

Port 1 and 2 overcurrent state After update

I wish I had an answer .... but that is *exactly* the same problem I noticed yesterday. I only have 7 fans total in my case. PC is a month old, with all brand new parts. I'm not seeing any unusual fluctuations in temperature, or any drop in performance. Just the same two warnings you have after a recent update. Can't figure it out.

Same issue after today's update, just dropping in hoping for an eventual answer.

Brand new PC build, running just fine for a over a week. Update iCue this morning and getting the Port 2 overcurrent error. I have 6 case fans and an AIO in this case total and I am using two hubs.  I thought each hub could only do 7 items so.

First of all was the red blinking lights carry on, now this! ffs corsair this is piss poor. Wtf are you doing with this disasterous and expensive crap you've rolled out to us?

Tried with another system hub, but didnt update the firmware (was 1.00.20 or so). Then I get the red flashing of the fans.

But message is the same, over-current on ports.

On 11/17/2023 at 5:40 PM, Neozen666 said:

Has anyone heard anything from corsair about the problem?

I am currently going through trouble shooting with them to try to solve the issue. So far they have had me do a clean reinstall. That did not work. I will keep ya'll updated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, JAM89 said:

I am currently going through trouble shooting with them to try to solve the issue. So far they have had me do a clean reinstall. That did not work. I will keep ya'll updated.

Good deal. probably help alot of people if you can get an answer 😄

Same problem here, just bought 3 triple pack, only 7 fans used, 6 on port 1 and 1 on port 2.  Remove the only fan on port 2 to be safe ? /troll.

So I fixed the issue for me, but something tells me my solution may not solve the issue for some (or any) of you.

When I set up my PC I thought each hub could handle seven devices total, not 7 per port. As such I used two system hubs, and had to use a usb splitter because my MOBO has only two ports total. I also evened out the products on each port.

I don't know if it was the splitter, or if it was the additional system hub. However, since removing them, the wiring in my case is even cleaner, and it has been almost a full day and no additional warnings have come up.

So yeah, cool for me, maybe not so cool for you.

Edited by JAM89

Just built a new pc, same issue.

While we wait for corsair to do its thing, I discovered that unplugging the USB from the hub works.

You won't control the rgbs, but at least the cooler works (at least for me).

I'll probably keep it unplugged until an hotfix or something comes out