Corsair Community

Port 1 and 2 overcurrent state After update

On 2/4/2024 at 6:01 PM, Neozen666 said:

the temps seem to be higher than the first few months before the error started  but i am using it currently.

Well, I'll be following your thread hoping we get another reply. I fiddled with literally everything. It seems as though if you reset the PSU it clears it for a day or two then it returns. Weird. 

Edited by Deaglenest

5 hours ago, Deaglenest said:

Well, I'll be following your thread hoping we get another reply. I fiddled with literally everything. It seems as though if you reset the PSU it clears it for a day or two then it returns. Weird. 

The only time I have been able to get a response from corsair was when i went to their social media pages and  gave people a warning with the  link to this post so they could see for themselves how the product  is performing and the type of support we are all getting for such an expensive product.   I check this post daily for updates but i only see more people with the same problem.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Neozen666 said:

Just updated to 5.11.96  still have the same problem.

I was coming here to ask if this update did anything for you but that answered my question 

I've built a new computer with full Corsair watercooling loop and if I knew earlier that fixing bugs (or should I say NOT fixing bugs) takes so long, I'd not buy this product.
I've spend around 1500 euro (!) on this watercooling set and I'm constantly bothered by software bugs.
This issue started months ago and is still not fixed today.
If anyone asks about my build on social media platforms, I'll link them this thread, and also list my list of bugs that I've discovered in iCUE since first boot of my new computer. Which were... 8.

Is Corsair going to start caring about the software quality?

Edited by Acrivec

Just updated iCue to v5.11.96 and always the same problem.  Link System Hub in version v1.6.336.  Will Corsair react to this problem or ? ...

On 2/3/2024 at 9:53 PM, Deaglenest said:

Would also like to ask you, how are you sure your system isn't being affected. I usually close out of icue when I game because it's just a resource hog and I'll open it back up afterwards and there they are. The overcurrent notifications. I, like many others in here, don't even have anything plugged in to port 2 of the link hub but it's throwing notifications on both ports..Guess I'll make a ticket as well. I can't imagine iCUE thinking what it thinks can be good long term. 

I'm keeping a close eye on the temperatures with HWinfo, and so far I can see; no problem.
Benched it with Cinebench a couple of times, topped @ 80c wich is fine for a 7800x3d.
Idle it sits round 40c, also no issue.
From day one I have the errors in this build, maybe the temps will drop if the errors finally get resolved.
In that case it's a win from my point of view.

Ticket with Corsair has allready been opened january 4th, with "radio silence" since january 19th form their side.

• Corsair Employee
4 hours ago, Neozen666 said:

96 days since i made this post. 

Corsair are you there?  You have to see all these people having the same problem so its obvious its not user error and a corsair problem.

Hey I'm sorry for the lack of COMMs for this particular issue.

For some reason the FW is erroneously flagging an OCP error, likely because of voltage fluctuation or something else on the backend. We had a similar issue before and removed the OCP feature from FW, but added it back in when it passed regression testing.

The team is looking into disabling this feature again until we can confirm 100% for good that it's been resolved.

So if you've got this error and are way under the device limit, it's likely a false positive and we'll fix it ASAP. We're also (still) trying to ready a firmware update that'll expand the quantity of devices per channel slightly as well. If you are experiencing issues unrelated to the OCP error, please contact our support team so we can get you help asap.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

This just popped up for me yesterday out of nowhere.  It's a bit hard for me to just chalk it up as a false positive when it caused all of my fans to start running at max rpms with no ability to slow them down.

Forcing a firmware update resolved the issue for now.  But im submitting a ticket none the less.

On 2/12/2024 at 6:36 AM, Neozen666 said:

96 days since i made this post. 

Corsair are you there?  You have to see all these people having the same problem so its obvious its not user error and a corsair problem.

At least we got a reply! Here's to hoping we get an update soon that actually fixes it!

Getting the same problem. Just built this system, overcurrent warning. Also, my firmware update just won't take? Every time I do the update and reboot, it says I have the same firmware update.

I spent a lot of money on this hardware, Corsair case, AIO, 128 gigs of Ram, PSU,  I wish I had known about these problems before spending over 2 thousand dollars on Corsair products... I'm not happy.

2 hours ago, ColeB said:

Getting the same problem. Just built this system, overcurrent warning. Also, my firmware update just won't take? Every time I do the update and reboot, it says I have the same firmware update.

I spent a lot of money on this hardware, Corsair case, AIO, 128 gigs of Ram, PSU,  I wish I had known about these problems before spending over 2 thousand dollars on Corsair products... I'm not happy.

Hi. I spent was in same position with new PC at  Xmas. Spent ages and ages trying to fix before giving up (replacement hardware, wires, hubs, reinstall windows, different firmware) See message from Corsair admin… overcurrent warning is likely a false positive. If it’s not affecting performance my advice (for your sanity) is to ignore it. 

7 hours ago, phollin2 said:

Hi. I spent was in same position with new PC at  Xmas. Spent ages and ages trying to fix before giving up (replacement hardware, wires, hubs, reinstall windows, different firmware) See message from Corsair admin… overcurrent warning is likely a false positive. If it’s not affecting performance my advice (for your sanity) is to ignore it. 

I understand that, but the reality is I still had to mess with my cooling ecosystem to get the entire system to stop flashing red and my iCue hub to clear the alert. Also, my iCue firmware that just won't update hasn't been addressed (I understand that it's a separate issue, but still..) Also, it took months for this thread and everyone affected in it just to be acknowledged; Who's to say the next time there's a significant error with my literally brand new hardware I won't have to wait over 3 months just to 'hear back' from the company that they're working on it? I know I'm being salty, here but do I not have a right to be? I spent a lot of money on this stuff, as did everyone else. It shouldn't have been ignored by Corsair, literally for months. 

i have this expensive aio,fan setup.....  i just can not  look at the software thats meant to monitor everything   so i can ignore a false warning.

What makes this situation worse is the fact this is said to be nothing...  if it takes this long to get a  response and get a fix for something that is considered nothing i cant imagine what a real problem would be like.

Edited by Neozen666
  • Sad 1

Any recent updates, firmware or otherwise? 

On 2/18/2024 at 4:56 PM, Deaglenest said:

Any recent updates, firmware or otherwise? 

Can we just disable the OCP already, please, Corsair, so I can use the software 😃

7 hours ago, sobe1ac said:

So sad. I normally have a lot respect for Corsair, but this is bothering me:

corsair.png

That answered my question. Hoping for any update soon. =/